Author Topic: Are you enjoying it?  (Read 165751 times)

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Reply #1120 on: February 20, 2021, 11:53:46 pm »
Switch TV on
Tyler and Carragher
Everton score
Everton players falling over at every opportunity
We attack..full of blue shirts behind the ball..not many forward options to pass too
I've seen this game before..
Don't fancy us to score already
Switch TV off in the 9th minute
rely on goal alerts on phone..
It's becoming a pattern for me...

according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1121 on: February 20, 2021, 11:54:42 pm »
yeah, I think I'm done with this now.

I switched off after the VAR penalty decision and I can't see me watching any games again until VAR is ditched.  That's not going to happen though. The genie is out of the bottle now.

Really though, VAR is the stinky cherry on top of the steaming turd that is modern ‘elite’ football. Boring matches played out in soulless empty stadiums. Clubs sponsored by betting companies that literally ruin peoples lives and run by autocratic states with terrible human rights records or used by the Russian mafia to launder money. The inane “banter” culture of Sky and Talksport.  A corrupt old boys network running the game with zero accountability.

Today was the final straw for me.
I've just said something very similar to a mate.

Football in it's current state is rotten and completely devoid of anything that made me love it growing up.

Then there is the international game. The fucking absolute state of it.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1122 on: February 21, 2021, 12:05:30 am »
It is an Internet forum...
Ok.
Apart from the multiple threads about why shite opinions are just that.

Offline Dr Stu-Pid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1123 on: February 21, 2021, 12:21:52 am »
The thing that annoys me the most is people making a big deal of the fact that so and so have just won at Anfield for the first time in X years. 

Geez, I wonder if there is anything different for those teams playing there this season compared to previous years?  Anyone think of a reason, or maybe 50,000 of them?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1124 on: February 23, 2021, 12:15:20 pm »
The thing that annoys me the most is people making a big deal of the fact that so and so have just won at Anfield for the first time in X years. 

Geez, I wonder if there is anything different for those teams playing there this season compared to previous years?  Anyone think of a reason, or maybe 50,000 of them?
I know people have to take their feelgood where they can find it, especially in the current climate, but yes, I find the furore all quite bizarre.

This is a freak season full of freak results, yet we see the likes of Everton believing in power shifts just because they have achieved the same as Brighton and Burnley have in recent weeks.

As far as enjoying it goes, apart from enjoying some individual results from time to time, I don't think anyone, anywhere is genuinely enjoying this season at all. There is so much wrong with it that it's barely watchable. For me, who has been watching for 58 years, it's actually completely unwatchable now for numerous reasons. I've never known so many football fans, of many clubs, walking away from it as there are now.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1125 on: February 23, 2021, 12:28:42 pm »
I'm doing okay with my ignoring football plan, but it's hard to avoid. Even 6 music mention the results.

:no
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline oldman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1126 on: February 23, 2021, 12:32:30 pm »
my tele went off when the pen was given - I've had enough

I'll watch the champions league and thats about it.

till this bunch of officials is sorted out its no prem league for me

so many games decided by penalties being given / not given - fouls being given / not given and cards given  / not given all for similar offences that its unwatchable

its like the refs have decided the score before the game and then try their best to make it happen

Offline dai_bonehead

• Kopite
« Reply #1127 on: February 23, 2021, 12:37:36 pm »
Enjoying it? Not exactly. Can I keep supporting? Yes.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1128 on: February 23, 2021, 12:50:51 pm »

so many games decided by penalties being given / not given - fouls being given / not given and cards given  / not given all for similar offences that its unwatchable

its like the refs have decided the score before the game and then try their best to make it happen
The Premier League is the new WWE.

The only difference being that in the PL the audience aren't in on the joke.

The entire 'product' is nothing but a pantomime now, with court jesters in the TV studios, the commentary boxes, in the VAR studio and officiating on the pitch. We also have performing seels flouncing and flopping all over the pitch in increasingly bizarre fashion to 'win' a penalty, which is then awarded by an official with less professionalism and less quality than a Sunday League referee.

All we need now are crowds back, so we can get right into the panto spirit ourselves after Mo or Sadio have been dragged to the ground in the box. We can shout "foul" and the officials can shout "oh no it isn't". We can shout "he's behind you" as another clogger goes through the back of one of our players like a train with studs up, and the officials can then shout "oh no he isn't".

At least with a panto you know what you are getting. You know what you are paying to see. With the PL, we are being sold something as a premium product, yet we are being served up a fake.

To quote Johnny Rotten at the end of the Sex Pistols final ever gig. Ever had the feeling you've been cheated?

To also quote Johnny from the song 'Bodies' ... Well, fuck this, and fuck that...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 12:54:09 pm by Son of Spion* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #1129 on: February 23, 2021, 06:00:18 pm »

It is a big deal - crowd or no crowd. We made it a big deal by being so good for so long, and turning Anfield into a real fortress again. It's a big deal we lost our first league game at home in almost 4 years against Burnley, as it was the 2nd longest unbeaten streak ever. It's a big deal losing 3 or 4 in a row at home for the same reason - because under Klopp we've barely even lost two in a row in five seasons.

What's funny is how many people revel in us losing any of these records, when those records are a sign of strength - not weakness. Everton will make a DVD of their win and delight in it all, forgetting its their first win in about 300 years and that in the whole scheme of things they're still shit and won't win anything. We'll create new records again and those will also be broken, but for many clubs they've never even set any records except the bad ones.

For me its best to see other people's delight this season a sign of how relieved they are that we've not walked the league again. They know we'll be back stronger next season so let them enjoy their time in the sun. Like the old saying goes - 'There's only one thing worse than being talked about......and that's not being talked about'. The media will always make headlines out of this season as expectations were so high. They are not going to analyse the impact of all our injuries, or the impact of no crowds on our home form, as most viewers don't care except us. It's the same reason that selective viewpoints such as 'Only 1 win in their last 4' are used more often than '7 wins in their last 10'. Both could be true for any team, but bad news sells better than good news - even in a global shitshow of a year like 2020/21. 
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1130 on: February 23, 2021, 06:45:44 pm »
Its not a big deal though. Beating an injury ravaged Liverpool at an empty Anfield is no big deal compared to winning with a full house. Without the crowds, every stadium in the league is exactly the same, fuck the season could have been played in a single stadium and it wouldn't have made a difference.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1131 on: February 23, 2021, 07:04:03 pm »

I'll watch the games on a stream with no sound and i don't listen to any of the pre or post match bollox anymore. Let the league turn into the French or German leagues where one team with the most money wins everything and our club should lead in setting up a European Super League. Fuck Sky, fuck BT, fuck the FA and the corrupt officials, fuck their WWE type pantomine football and let us lead the way.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #1132 on: February 23, 2021, 07:12:03 pm »
Its not a big deal though. Beating an injury ravaged Liverpool at an empty Anfield is no big deal compared to winning with a full house. Without the crowds, every stadium in the league is exactly the same, fuck the season could have been played in a single stadium and it wouldn't have made a difference.
That's partly the point I was making. We all know it's not an achievement or a sign other teams are superior, but other teams and their fans and the media don't care. Records aren't preserved until you're full strength again, and beating us at Anfield is a big deal to them as it's happended so rarely under Klopp.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1133 on: February 23, 2021, 07:19:44 pm »
I'll watch the games on a stream with no sound and i don't listen to any of the pre or post match bollox anymore. Let the league turn into the French or German leagues where one team with the most money wins everything and our club should lead in setting up a European Super League. Fuck Sky, fuck BT, fuck the FA and the corrupt officials, fuck their WWE type pantomine football and let us lead the way.
I relented on my 'no live football anymore' policy and got a stream to watch the Derby. I won't make the same mistake again. I lasted a few minutes with the sound on before muting it. Off it went altogether when the farcical 'penalty' was awarded. The whole thing insults the intelligence now.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1134 on: February 23, 2021, 11:19:58 pm »
I pretty much tune in at the exact moment the game starts. Instantly mute it completely and watch it in silence. Once the game is over I instantly turn it off and I actively avoid all and any football related forums/shows etc. other than RAWK.

I don't think I have ever enjoyed a season less than this honestly. At least with other shite seasons we at least had crowds and we did not have VAR.

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #1135 on: February 23, 2021, 11:36:25 pm »
I pretty much tune in at the exact moment the game starts. Instantly mute it completely and watch it in silence. Once the game is over I instantly turn it off and I actively avoid all and any football related forums/shows etc. other than RAWK.

I don't think I have ever enjoyed a season less than this honestly. At least with other shite seasons we at least had crowds and we did not have VAR.

I do same as well. Can't stand the biased/crap commentary. Only watch highlights on Youtube in some other language if I missed the game.
True North Strong

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1136 on: February 23, 2021, 11:43:17 pm »
We have just popped off the perch for a while, let's just fly around the cage for 6 months and get back on again next year, no problem. It will be just like starting over again, much more enjoyable than City's torrid and relentless borefest of spending, passing and boring the arse off everyone who watches them.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1137 on: February 24, 2021, 12:38:55 am »

It's by far the worst season in my lifetime, and I'm no spring chicken anymore. It's dire on so many levels. I don't think many football fans in general are enjoying it either, regardless of who they support.

Up until this season I'd watch our games, but I binned watching other matches off ages ago. Even then, I'd tune in for YNWA if it was a European match, I'd watch the game then turn over at full time. Now, I don't watch any game live at all.

Another sad thing for me is that I always loved hearing the Anfield crowd. I grew up with the old Spion Kop. Being part of it was magical. If I wasn't at a game in person, i loved listening to the crowd on TV or the radio. In more recent times even hearing the crowd has been ruined by the endless, mindless drivel spewed out by an overly mic'd up away end droning on about poverty, crime and human tragedy.

It's come to something when a lifelong football fan now only watches the goals on YouTube with the sound off rather than tune in to the endless garbage put out by commentators, pundits and opposition 'fans', alongside the unprofessional, biased shambles that passes for refereeing in the modern game. I'm far from the only one who feels this way too.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1138 on: February 24, 2021, 01:16:35 am »

Likewise, something disappeared, you can almost date it to that Atletico game. I was in town that day and to see the authorities let all those people from one of the epicentres wander round the city made you just wonder about how much football mattered. I think that was the last full football stadium in England and when things came back we fulfilled our duty as a procession that was complete and the team celebrated like someone was there in the ground.

Compare what we have had since march 11th last year with Barca at home or the City games at anfield, the fake crowd noise, the bizarre results, the injuries, the general emptiness of it all on top of all the strife and pain that people have had this last year. I don't see it being the same for some time and, whilst I have watched every match and even enjoyed some of it, it's just felt a bit crap, not just because we have been poor and have gone backwards, but because football has lost it's place in the world now. I will continue to watch and hope something comes back but this season is now filler. I hope City win the league if Brendan cannot and I hope we salvage enough to go into next season with a fresh start and I hope those who run VAR learn some lessons about consistency and reality (no chance)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #1139 on: February 24, 2021, 02:04:20 am »

i stupidly got on twitter where i never go when rawk was down for a day and i thought elequently and quite mildly attempted to refute  some blue manc who was crowing loudly about our general crapness and saying "nobody said anything about crowds at christmas" and i said nonsense, many of us myself included said that a defense would be very difficult without the fans at Anfield before the season even began, and our form tailed off right from day one of the return without crowds and again at the second shutdown this year.

so the son of a bitch goes off about Heysel. I kid you not.

My reply was short and very rude and involved fellatio and his mother and i left and never looked back.  what a cesspool that place is. im still seething that pissed me off in a big way.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #1140 on: February 24, 2021, 03:00:44 am »

Might have been better actually. By October the pitch would've been like a quagmire from the 70's...

Ronnie Radford, jumpers for goalposts, oh yes....
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1141 on: February 24, 2021, 06:13:19 am »
No. Not in the slightest.

I really fear for the rest of this season as well. I mean if you can't get yourselves up for a derby after what happened in the reverse fixture, then I don't hold out much hope in the remaining fixtures. I'm at the point where I looking at our games coming up and wondering where our next points are coming from at the moment. That's how bad it's got for me. Just utterly depressing stuff. :(
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #1142 on: February 24, 2021, 07:32:53 am »
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1143 on: February 24, 2021, 08:07:53 am »

Same here. One blessing is working from home i've avoided the 'office banter' all season and giddy Evertonians, particularly this week. Even just being able to avoid football talk in work. Even just the idea of 'made up blues' when the fuckers all demanded football stopped indefinitely last year. Same with the City fans.

Truly wretched season. We've had plenty of shit or mediocre seasons (most of them are at least PL era, the last couple aren't normal) but the injuries, referees, VAR, empty stadiums etc, agendas, the constant diving, the cheating (which only our players ever get called out on) have combined to make it unbearably shit.

One of the worst aspects for me is actually been when things have gone well because whenever we've had a good result or a good week it gets your hopes up again, only to come crashing back down every single time in the next game with a bad defeat and/or another bad injury.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline LFCobsessive

• Main Stander
  • 'No more half-measures.'
« Reply #1144 on: February 24, 2021, 10:16:03 am »
I still enjoy football even without the fans and our current form.
It's great to have football to watch while the world is locked down by politicians and people are somehow cool with it? Weird as fuck to be honest. Telling people they can't go to see family or even funerals load of total control nothing to do with a 'pandemic'.
 This season pundits have pissed me off loads. They seem to be extra hunting for controversial takes etc, bunch of tits. The refs have too and reminded me of utd's hey day and their refs they have, the refs are still like this, even Oliver has went shit.
So, the refs and VAR has also ruined my joy, I, most of the time will be fair if the opposition get decisions or we do and try to think what's the right decision.
This season I have no clue really, that quick screen check by the ref for the Trent slide penalty recently, I mean what the fuck? Why is he in such a rush to go away from the monitor all of a sudden? His mates were drawing lines for 10 minutes to not allow us a winning goal against Everton earlier on in the season etc etc
'Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt. We don't need to motivate players because each of them is responsible for the performance of the team as a whole. The status of Liverpool's players keeps them motivated.'
Bill Shankly.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1145 on: February 24, 2021, 10:17:56 am »
while the world is locked down by politicians and people are somehow cool with it? Weird as fuck to be honest. Telling people they can't go to see family or even funerals load of total control nothing to do with a 'pandemic'.

:butt

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1146 on: February 24, 2021, 10:21:14 am »
I never thought I'd say this, but can I hear more from LFCobsessive please?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #1147 on: February 24, 2021, 10:32:09 am »
I never thought I'd say this, but can I hear more from LFCobsessive please?

before or after he takes his daily medicine?

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1148 on: February 24, 2021, 10:33:45 am »
No. Not in the slightest.

I really fear for the rest of this season as well. I mean if you can't get yourselves up for a derby after what happened in the reverse fixture, then I don't hold out much hope in the remaining fixtures. I'm at the point where I looking at our games coming up and wondering where our next points are coming from at the moment. That's how bad it's got for me. Just utterly depressing stuff. :(

Other than the CL, I've got zero interest in this season. The CL only excites me due to the lack of bias from the officials, this league is totally corrupt. I'm excited for next season though, not really worried about what we win, but more than fans will be back and it'll be a proper season. Lets see how prepared to cheat the refs then are with supporters screaming at them.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1149 on: February 24, 2021, 11:44:43 am »
I still enjoy football even without the fans and our current form.
It's great to have football to watch while the world is locked down...
When the new season started I know a lot of people welcomed it as "good for the mental health of the nation." Apparently, we all needed it because it would give us something positive to focus on in dark times. To be fair, I think there there was much in that at the time. Even though the whole thing would be a watered down, sanitised, version of the game, it was at least something of a step towards some form of normality.

The sad thing for me is that it turned out to be the opposite. The whole shambolic roadshow has actually added more stress to my life. We have officials that genuinely make it up as they go. We have a media around the game drowning in a cesspool of self-importance, arrogance and mindlessness. We are seeing countless players bringing the sport into disrepute with industrial scale diving, conning and cheating. Not only that, the cesspool media leeching a living out of the game then praise the culprits as clever.

We live in extraordinary times and extraordinary circumstances. Stressful times that we could all do with some light relief from. Football could, and really should, bring us all some relief and give us something positive to focus on, but look what has been served up this season. A train wreck of horrific proportions and a football media gleefully picking the corpse clean for clicks and bantz.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1150 on: February 24, 2021, 12:06:45 pm »
. The whole shambolic roadshow has actually added more stress to my life.

Same here,

I've had to give up watching it at all, give up looking at the BBC sport website and give up listening to 5 Live.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1151 on: February 24, 2021, 12:26:06 pm »
Same here,

I've had to give up watching it at all, give up looking at the BBC sport website and give up listening to 5 Live.
Not been arsed with mainstream media for years now other than the odd article.
Not watched any league game since the Brighton fiasco. I refuse to have my intelligence insulted by idiots that change their minds on a weekly basis in their desperation to justify decisions.

We can not pay to watch games, not buy papers etc. but we can't unsubscribe to the BBC. I really object to having to pay for some of the shite they churn out.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1152 on: February 24, 2021, 12:26:38 pm »
Unless we win the champions league I want to forget this season existed. The worst season with empty stadiums, VAR shite, and injuries. If they said null and void now and start again in August I’d snap your hand off

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1153 on: February 24, 2021, 12:33:11 pm »
When the new season started I know a lot of people welcomed it as "good for the mental health of the nation." Apparently, we all needed it because it would give us something positive to focus on in dark times. To be fair, I think there there was much in that at the time. Even though the whole thing would be a watered down, sanitised, version of the game, it was at least something of a step towards some form of normality.

The sad thing for me is that it turned out to be the opposite. The whole shambolic roadshow has actually added more stress to my life. We have officials that genuinely make it up as they go. We have a media around the game drowning in a cesspool of self-importance, arrogance and mindlessness. We are seeing countless players bringing the sport into disrepute with industrial scale diving, conning and cheating. Not only that, the cesspool media leeching a living out of the game then praise the culprits as clever.

We live in extraordinary times and extraordinary circumstances. Stressful times that we could all do with some light relief from. Football could, and really should, bring us all some relief and give us something positive to focus on, but look what has been served up this season. A train wreck of horrific proportions and a football media gleefully picking the corpse clean for clicks and bantz.

I'm sick of having my weekends ruined by these biased officials when life has been shit enough as it is. Several 12.30 Saturday kick offs alone where VAR has ruined the weekend before it started (Everton/Brighton/Leicester). It's a relief when we don't play on a fucking Saturday now. It's not like there's anything else to do, or anywhere else to go, to forget about it when we've been stuck at home all the time with nothing else open.

Even being able to go and watch another local non league side or something on a Saturday would have been a welcome tonic to the shit show of the PL this season.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 12:36:16 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1154 on: February 24, 2021, 12:37:53 pm »
To answer the question no i don't.

But the last few seasons successes more than make that up for for me,the title particularly,i was beginning to think we were cursed and it would forever be just beyond us.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #1155 on: February 24, 2021, 12:42:05 pm »
I'm advocating for a two tier system to this new initiative, where grass roots, lower levels and amateur refs who get do a lot of flack from sometimes belligerent parents and spectators benefit from this "give a ref a clap" idea, as is well deserved, and in the Prem i'm looking for a lottery based "give a ref a slap" program, proceeds to charity.

thinking thats a big winner all the way around. Getcher Coote tickets early 5 pound 5 for 20.

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1156 on: February 24, 2021, 01:40:27 pm »
I just find it so ‘amusing’ (not really), how Liverpool as a club, from the manager, players down to the fans, had to put up with all the virtue signalling from all and sundry last season, because of the pandemic, and just take it.  But this year - not a peep, all is well with it all now that Liverpool are struggling  ;D

Football at this level in England is horrific for so many reasons, and none more so than what has become of fanbases due in large part to tabloid media stoking it and social media being the prefered platforms for spreading it. The vileness and anger and abuse that comes out of it, is disturbing honestly, the fact people take the greatest pleasure in the missfortune and plight of others is a horrendous look.

I’m often struggling to enjoy the premier league, so add the lack of fans, the worst injury crisis I’ve ever seen this club go through, our team sufferring a collective drop in confidence (no wonder), our wonderful manager suffering personally and being the target for so many unwarranted attacks from the cowardly english media - there is simply nothing to enjoy.

The football side doesn’t bother me so much to be honest, winning the league last year and the CL the year before has pretty much eased any sort of frustration or annoyances from a footballing side. No one can take those away from us the fans, the club or Kloppo.

I get my fill of sports with the hockey being back, and watching Bundesliga. So I don’t need to watch any Premier League football if I don’t want, and I don’t watch much.

So all good.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 01:43:08 pm by Dim Glas »

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1157 on: February 26, 2021, 04:29:21 pm »
Not enjoying it but found this old pic someone posted on here years ago :lmao

« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 04:31:57 pm by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1158 on: February 26, 2021, 05:15:39 pm »

:lmao

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1159 on: February 27, 2021, 01:56:58 am »

:lmao :lmao :lmao
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.