Author Topic: Are you enjoying it?  (Read 167978 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Reply #1080 on: February 20, 2021, 07:59:54 pm »
It's tough on the players.  No matter how well they play they know they will get shafted by the decisions.  It's little wonder their heads have dropped so badly.

We know our current form doesn't reflect our overall quality.  All we can do is gird ourselves, play for pride and wait for next season.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #1081 on: February 20, 2021, 08:01:33 pm »
Serious question guys, does anyone think that this current period sits by itself as a period of shit, or does this go all the way back to the Villa game and something that hasn’t been right for a longer period?

It's since the restart last season after the first lockdown.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1082 on: February 20, 2021, 08:03:59 pm »
Difference with WWE is that the viewer and the performers are all in on the joke.

Trust me there’s plenty of viewers who are not in on the joke when it comes to WWE!

And being in on the joke and still spending time and money is probably worse then thinking it’s a genuine sport and spending time and money.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1083 on: February 20, 2021, 08:06:27 pm »
Serious question guys, does anyone think that this current period sits by itself as a period of shit, or does this go all the way back to the Villa game and something that hasn’t been right for a longer period?
It's not been one thing even during this period let alone back to then. We were giving up loads of chances early, hit some injury issues as welland adapted to be more conservative but out finishing fell off a cliff. Now we're back to giving up big chances and penalties  which kills you in a low scoring game like football All whilst dealing with a lot of injuries and VAR fucking us.

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #1084 on: February 20, 2021, 08:07:40 pm »
Everything just feels so unjust at the moment. All the usual coping mechanisms that I adopt when I feel so aggrieved by life are just not working either. My personal favourite of "our luck will change soon because it always does if you are patient" is just not working at all. Maybe I am just not being patient enough?

The point is, I feel something massive has shifted in the cosmos it seems and we have absolutely no control over the consequences. The players are not getting any rub of the green, decisions against us are just laughable.

All our worst fears come true 100% of the time and all our hopes are dashed in the cruellest of ways each and every match. Injuries, poor form, refs, VAR, missed chances, weak goals given away.. The list goes on each and every week and there is just fuck all we can do as fans to influence or change it.

We are helpless, floundering around like whales washed up on a beach. Rather than try and help us get back into the sea, people are just pointing at us and laughing as we slowly drown as the tide moves out.

A bit melodramatic maybe but that's how helpless I personally feel right now.

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1085 on: February 20, 2021, 08:08:58 pm »

It is. It was never a good look to be losing to Arsenal away, getting panned by Man City, drawing to Burnley at home. Failing to reach 100 points was the first sign of malaise for me. 

Offline RockingReds

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1086 on: February 20, 2021, 08:09:05 pm »

I’ll get laughed at but we’ve been off the boil since Atletico. Simeone set a template on how to counter our attacking fullbacks and 433 play style. Since that game we’ve had no real form and pretty sporadic results. Since that game there’s been no change in tactics and no alteration to our style of play. We were elevated slightly when Jota freshened things up but largely speaking we’re pretty stale with consistent injury’s to our ‘flair’ midfielders; Keita, Ox and Shaq. Add to that some extreme defensive injuries and our defence that often bailed us out isn’t up to that. Cracks are now well and truly open when they’d been papered over before.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1087 on: February 20, 2021, 08:11:53 pm »

And that’s a fair shout, we didn’t look great after the restart but we weren’t this bad either, but then we had a full strength squad at the end of last season, and now with the injuries we don’t have the players to paper over the cracks that appeared back then. But then it we have also put in performances like Chelsea, West Ham, Palace, first game against Leicester, Wolves, Arsenal that come to mind as being as good as last years.

Just perplexing.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1088 on: February 20, 2021, 08:13:20 pm »
I’ll get laughed at but we’ve been off the boil since Atletico. Simeone set a template on how to counter our attacking fullbacks and 433 play style. Since that game we’ve had no real form and pretty sporadic results. Since that game there’s been no change in tactics and no alteration to our style of play. We were elevated slightly when Jota freshened things up but largely speaking we’re pretty stale with consistent injury’s to our ‘flair’ midfielders; Keita, Ox and Shaq. Add to that some extreme defensive injuries and our defence that often bailed us out isn’t up to that. Cracks are now well and truly open when they’d been papered over before.
Well you were right about one thing.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1089 on: February 20, 2021, 08:13:32 pm »
Knocked out the cup by United. Stuffed by the soon to be Champions elect. Beaten at home for the first time since 1999 by Everton without landing a punch on them. Form has collapsed, walking wounded. 2021 has been dreadful.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline RockingReds

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1090 on: February 20, 2021, 08:24:12 pm »
Well you were right about one thing.

Look at our results since that game and tell me it’s been good enough.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1091 on: February 20, 2021, 08:27:26 pm »
I'm enjoying working from home this week and not seeing blue nose colleagues

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #1092 on: February 20, 2021, 08:31:18 pm »
I think I d enjoy it a bit more if we changed something.
Despite being screwed yet again by the ref by a weird (and most probably corrupt, as cynical or paranoid that may sound) penalty decision, I never felt we would ever score today. Not in 5 hours or 10 hours or 10 years of the way we were playing.

As a change, I want us to just try different personnel AND a different tactic.
Play 4-4-2, do something different.
If it does not work, fair enough. But at least it might be interesting to see how we cope with different setups. Say, Divock and Salah or Mane and Salah up top and a number 10 like Shakiri behind?
Or using defenders (young and raw as they are!) in defence and midfielders (whoever is not on crutches at the moment) in midfield?

2-3 games is a blip, but it has been too many games now that we have seen the exact same half of football that we saw against West Brom.
Time to change, personnel and tactics both
(mainby because just changing personnel is unlikely to work as the subs we have available have proven time and again not to work with the 4-3-3 tactics. At least 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 has to be given a go)

"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1093 on: February 20, 2021, 08:33:57 pm »
Look at our results since that game and tell me it’s been good enough.
Who are you to judge good enough?
Any team that has done what this team has over the previous 3 seasons was bound to drop. It was unsustainable, even without the injuries and luck.

Like others you choose your moments to post your wisdom, which makes me wonder....

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1094 on: February 20, 2021, 08:38:40 pm »
We’re the champions

So yeah
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1095 on: February 20, 2021, 08:45:31 pm »

Pretty much everything has gone against us this year, and we simply can't catch a break (except the injury kind).  Our form after restart wasn't great, but our form to begin this season was terrific.  3 wins out of 3 against Leeds, Chelsea, and Arsenal.

The Villa game was crazy, but it came after a freak training collision, players with COVID, etc.  Kind of a shock to the system type game.

But we were good after that.  Even with the disgraceful decisions and the injuries in the first derby, we were still a good side during those games up until December.  But the toll of the injuries, the lack of fans in the stadium, and the loss of the fear factor really did us in.  There were warning signs too, with some fairly dodgy performances at places like Brighton and Fulham.  We got screwed over at Brighton with the late VAR decision, but we were extremely fortunate that Brighton missed a penalty earlier, and Connolly bottled a 1 on 1.  At Fulham, we actually got good decisions from Mariner (refusing to listen to the VAR and not giving a penalty to Fulham and then giving us one on the handball), but we could've been 2 or 3-0 down in the first half with how poor we were.

Everything just came to a head in December.  We were clinical against Palace, but things fell off a cliff.  The injuries took their toll.  In the Newcastle match, Trent was basically playing alongside Phillips when building up, and Newcastle basically let Nat have the ball.  The play was so slow, and everything was just a bit off.  And when we did create chances, it was like Kenny's last year where nothing would go in.  From there on, it's completely spiraled.  I can't see how we can hit a high level with 3 CBs injured, Jota injured, Thiago still trying to adapt, Fab now out, etc.  And when we do get decisions, like the penalty against City or Leicester's penalty being reversed (both good decisions so not like the refs really gave us that much), we collapsed immediately after anyway due to a combination of bad luck and individual errors.  We've conceded so many penalties this year, and while we've received 6 ourselves, we've been hard done by decisions overall, and we can't seem to catch a break whatsoever.  And on the off chance we do, we fall apart anyway.

We racked up the wins last few years, but we were especially good at grinding out ugly wins (all the 2-1s and 1-0s the last two years attest to that).  It's fine margins football.  When you can't get the rub of the decisions, your team is decimated by injuries, and there's no Anfield crowd to give the players a yard, it quickly turns into draws and defeats.

The final kick in the teeth is the fact that we haven't been able to celebrate our title, and the players haven't gotten the appreciation with a full crowd as league champions.  The team has been on an incredible trajectory since Klopp took over, and it's probably time to transition some players on as we evolve, but we've never even had a chance to celebrate with everyone.  Gini Wijnaldum is one of Klopp's first signings and has been instrumental in our success, and he might end up leaving this club without a chance for a deserved ovation.

It's also hard to contemplate how the future team might look given how awful things have spiraled.  We had risen to the top of the footballing pyramid with an amazing team.  We were in the best financial shape we'd been in decades.  We had improved facilities and even the stadium.  Everything was set for a long run of success.  Even with the team taking a step back, we were easily in the running for pretty much any top player that can be part of KloppLFC 2.0.  Instead, we're likely to be a shit financial situation, compounded by the very real possibility of no European football.  It puts a complete damper on how the team can improve and evolve going forward.

The hope for us to enjoy the remainder of this season is the CL and this team hopefully improving in key aspects.  There's a lot of playing time to be won over, and players ranging from Curtis Jones to Ozan Kabak to Diogo Jota can look to this as opportunities to establish themselves as key players at this club going forward.  Under Klopp, we've always been good at getting the good players that have world class potential, so if we begin to right the ship, players fight for their places, and we get a few new faces in, I'm sure we'll be more optimistic this summer and beyond.

But it's hard to enjoy it at the moment.  The CL may be a long shot but you never know...
King Kenny.

Offline RockingReds

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1096 on: February 20, 2021, 08:49:03 pm »
Who are you to judge good enough?
Any team that has done what this team has over the previous 3 seasons was bound to drop. It was unsustainable, even without the injuries and luck.

Like others you choose your moments to post your wisdom, which makes me wonder....

Are you suggesting this is good enough? Anyone can criticise a football team, especially one with such dreadful form. I’m not expecting unbeaten seasons but more than 1 goal at home in 2021 would be nice.

I don’t choose moments to post my wisdom? I signed up to this site less than 2 weeks ago.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 08:52:00 pm by RockingReds »

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1097 on: February 20, 2021, 08:49:32 pm »
Knocked out the cup by United. Stuffed by the soon to be Champions elect. Beaten at home for the first time since 1999 by Everton without landing a punch on them. Form has collapsed, walking wounded. 2021 has been dreadful.

Burnley, Brighton, City and Everton all winning at Anfield for the first time in donkeys years. One after another.

Almost like we got tired of breaking all the good records and fancied a shot at breaking some of the really bad ones for a bit.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1098 on: February 20, 2021, 08:51:06 pm »
Are you suggesting this is good enough? Anyone can criticise a football team, especially one with such dreadful form. I’m not expecting unbeaten seasons but more than 1 goal at home in 2021 would be nice.

I don’t choose moments to post my wisdom? I signed up to this site less than a week ago.

We've had the last few seasons of wonderful football and success and you in your ultimate wisdom have only just signed up on here less than a week ago. Oh my, timing is everything.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1099 on: February 20, 2021, 09:01:45 pm »
Penny for jurgens thoughts.
 If it was me I’d be even more determined than ever , relentless
I’d want to batter every team in front of me.
I’d want that home record back. The 23 from 24 wins. Record points. Record everything.
The lads might need some sort of physiological peep talk , someone in the team geeing them up before the next match. Bollocks if we go a goal down. We go again. Mtge lack of fight, pressing which we built our success on is gone, where and why I don’t know. We are playing the same way game after game and it’s clearly not working

I trust klopp has the answers sooner rather that later.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1100 on: February 20, 2021, 09:03:09 pm »

I don’t choose moments to post my wisdom? I signed up to this site less than 2 weeks ago.
That’s ok.
The most important thing is your opinion.

Offline RockingReds

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1101 on: February 20, 2021, 09:04:47 pm »
We've had the last few seasons of wonderful football and success and you in your ultimate wisdom have only just signed up on here less than a week ago. Oh my, timing is everything.  ;D

Pure coincidence. We don’t all have time for tens of thousands of posts on an Internet forum  ::)

Offline RockingReds

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1102 on: February 20, 2021, 09:09:18 pm »
That’s ok.

Cheers, feel free to post yours.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1103 on: February 20, 2021, 09:14:26 pm »
I was once in the fun-house in Blackpool..thought id have a go on that big plate thing that spins around and hurls everyone off...jumped on it in my socks while it was spinning full pelt..it twirled me straight up in the air into a 360 degree triple salchow pirouette...landing me slap bang, face first, breaking my nose flat to the side of my face and dislodging three front teeth.....I enjoyed that slightly more than I'm enjoying this season...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1104 on: February 20, 2021, 09:15:49 pm »
Penny for jurgens thoughts.
 If it was me I’d be even more determined than ever , relentless
I’d want to batter every team in front of me.
I’d want that home record back. The 23 from 24 wins. Record points. Record everything.
The lads might need some sort of physiological peep talk , someone in the team geeing them up before the next match. Bollocks if we go a goal down. We go again. Mtge lack of fight, pressing which we built our success on is gone, where and why I don’t know. We are playing the same way game after game and it’s clearly not working

I trust klopp has the answers sooner rather that later.

Klopp will deliver he is world class.

Im not worried about the "home" record as its not exactly real Anfield is it.

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1105 on: February 20, 2021, 09:16:24 pm »
I was once in the fun-house in Blackpool..thought id have a go on that big plate thing that spins around and hurls everyone off...jumped on it in my socks while it was spinning full pelt..it twirled me straight up in the air into a 360 degree triple salchow pirouette...landing me slap bang, face first, breaking my nose flat to the side of my face and dislodging three front teeth.....I enjoyed that slightly more than I'm enjoying this season...

The Fun House represented a high quality day out to those of a certain vintage.
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1106 on: February 20, 2021, 09:23:11 pm »
The Fun House represented a high quality day out to those of a certain vintage.
In Blackpool My brother once flicked my ear while my mum and dad were playing bingo
I chased him out of the front door, full pelt , tripped just outside , fell straight onto my mouth and knocked out my front 2 teeth.  Had a great time apart from that.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #1107 on: February 20, 2021, 09:26:22 pm »

The version in New Brighton was dangerous as fuck, some old ropey thing, probably not maintained for decades and severely overloaded.It spun you off at high speed into equally dangerous and fragile side walls. As you where recovering against the wall, some fucker would be flung head first into you.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 09:28:46 pm by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1108 on: February 20, 2021, 09:26:24 pm »
In Blackpool My brother once flicked my ear while my mum and dad were playing bingo
I chased him out of the front door, full pelt , tripped just outside , fell straight onto my mouth and knocked out my front 2 teeth.  Had a great time apart from that.

I had an asthma attack and ended up in hospital as a child after a day out to Blackpool ... reoccurring misfortune theme here ... I got out of a school the next day so it wasn't all that bad...
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1109 on: February 20, 2021, 09:33:37 pm »
The version in New Brighton was dangerous as fuck, some old ropey thing, probably not maintained for decades and severely overloaded.It spun you off at high speed into equally dangerous and fragile side walls. As you where recovering against the wall, some fucker would be flung head first into you.

New Brighton in a nutshell  ;D...twat of a yard....apologies to any Wirral reds ...I'm sure it's the pearl of the North West coast these days
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1110 on: February 20, 2021, 09:33:55 pm »

I sustained a facial friction burn fromthe spinning plate thing.

I discovered my love of the Streetfighter video game in the Funhouse though. It was a couple of quid in ahd you could stay all day. The perfect solution for skint parents.
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1111 on: February 20, 2021, 09:38:44 pm »
I had an asthma attack and ended up in hospital as a child after a day out to Blackpool ... reoccurring misfortune theme here ...

;D Indeed....to be honest ive fuckin hated Blackpool ever since - only been back there twice - on a couple of stag nights that i couldn't get out of ...and both of them descended into wild west brawls with the locals!!....absolute shithole

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1112 on: February 20, 2021, 09:42:24 pm »
;D Indeed....to be honest ive fuckin hated Blackpool ever since - only been back there twice - on a couple of stag nights that i couldn't get out of ...and both of them descended into wild west brawls with the locals!!....absolute shithole

It's the only town I've been to where I've walked into a bar to be met with a scene that looked like a Wild West saloon. Flying chairs and fellas going at it hammer and tongs all over the gaff, like a stampede of angry bulls. Pure hell. I had the misfortune to have been born there. Shithole.

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1113 on: February 20, 2021, 10:42:16 pm »
There was a ride somewhere in it called ‘the black hole’ if I recall correctly. This is going back 35 years.
I swear to this day the bar that was supposed to over the front of you and lock you didn’t close properly. Luckily I was on with my brother and dad at the time or I was properly dead. Funny how that sticks in my mind 35 years later. Not had much luck there.

Once won £100 on a fruit machine on the boat on the way over to Blackpool. It didn’t pay out so me and my bro went looking the captain, yes the captain ( I was about 7 at that time ). By the time we got back someone else was playing it and we had no proof of the win. Probably wouldn’t have paid us anyway being 7 and 10

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #1114 on: February 20, 2021, 10:44:17 pm »
At least they couldn't be there tonight. That's all I've got.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1115 on: February 20, 2021, 11:11:05 pm »
That’s ok.

It is an Internet forum...
Thinking is overrated.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1116 on: February 20, 2021, 11:42:32 pm »
The Rugby League Season starts again in another month, I am dead lucky in that I watch both sports, I especially like the break from football watching RL as it gives me a chance to watch competent officials, video refereeing that it done well, players who can get through a whole game without (mostly) any cheating or feigning injury and common sense from the people who run the game.

It's like an antidote to some of the shite I have to tolerate from my main game.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #1117 on: February 20, 2021, 11:48:12 pm »
yeah, I think I'm done with this now.

I switched off after the VAR penalty decision and I can't see me watching any games again until VAR is ditched.  That's not going to happen though. The genie is out of the bottle now.

Really though, VAR is the stinky cherry on top of the steaming turd that is modern ‘elite’ football. Boring matches played out in soulless empty stadiums. Clubs sponsored by betting companies that literally ruin peoples lives and run by autocratic states with terrible human rights records or used by the Russian mafia to launder money. The inane “banter” culture of Sky and Talksport.  A corrupt old boys network running the game with zero accountability.

Today was the final straw for me.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1118 on: February 20, 2021, 11:49:11 pm »
The biggest celebration of the season will be when it's all over. Hated nearly every aspect of it so far.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1119 on: February 20, 2021, 11:53:15 pm »
Gonna join the other chaps in just not watching it. It’s shit, it’s a fucking pantomime and I’m arsed spending any sort of time watching a bunch of corrupt officials fucking us over whilst another bunch of supposed experts (including apparent Liverpool legends) snigger about us.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 12:00:35 am by fucking appalled »
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.