The Liverpool FC Forum > News and Current Affairs

David Frost To Join Al Jazeera TV

(1/2) > >>

Roger:
David Frost joins al-Jazeera TV 

Veteran UK broadcaster Sir David Frost is to join Arabic-language TV station al-Jazeera, the network has confirmed.

Sir David is to appear on al-Jazeera International, the pan-Arab news network's new English-language channel, due to be launched next spring.

The Qatar-based channel said Sir David, who broadcast his final Breakfast with Frost programme for the BBC in May, would be among the "key on-air talent".

Sir David was quoted as saying he felt "excitement" about his new role.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4318284.stm

SMD:
Wow, they've only just announced this? Al Jazeera made this known (in Arabic) months ago.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Al Jazeera just turn into the CNN of the Middle East. I say CNN only because Al Arabiya's got the Fox News side covered.

cornelius:
What a waste.

blurred:
Thought that was a bit odd when I saw that earlier on the beeb - not exactly two names that you'd put together easily, but good luck to the bloke. It'll be interesting to see what sort of stuff he does for them.

SMD - any news about this Al-Jazeera international? Is it just going to be another news station or is it going to have documentaries and special features and stuff? Thing is I can't really see Frost as a newsreader in the CNN style...

Roger:
He'll have all the 'exclusive' beheadings video's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version