Author Topic: Elon Musk  (Read 76873 times)

Online stewil007

• Legacy Fan
Re: Elon Musk
« Reply #560 on: November 30, 2022, 02:57:14 pm »
Yeah, my q3 still has physical climate control buttons but it’s big touchscreen is a distraction. But at least the etron hasn’t got the climate control buried away in a menu. I get why companies are going for touchscreens - it’s cheaper than physical buttons - but it’s distracting.

The climate control on the model3 isn't buried in a menu, its on the main screen.  I'm trying to recall if its been that way since i've had the car (18 months)  The 'over the air' updates to constantly improve the layout etc.

Online Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #561 on: November 30, 2022, 08:29:39 pm »
I've only been half-following Musk's calamitous involvement with Twitter but feel like I've missed something there.  What 'policy decision' (in the loosest sense of the term) does the emboldened part relate to?  Thanks

I think Roy is referring to just the general spread of misinformation, that would influence elections, stoke fears/tensions/unrest and so on. It was proved that Cambridge Analytica (remember those guys) were influencing elections in Africa and S. Asia with Whatsapp misinformation campaigns. Elon's creating (ok, improving) twitter as a breeding ground for that kind of thing

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: November 30, 2022, 09:20:03 pm »
Ron De Bellend Santis wants to get Congress involved if Apple remove Twitter from their ecosystem.

They're such snowflakes and don't like free market capitalism when it affects them

Online Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: November 30, 2022, 09:32:36 pm »
Ron De Bellend Santis wants to get Congress involved if Apple remove Twitter from their ecosystem.

They're such snowflakes and don't like free market capitalism when it affects them

Classic small government, staying out of the way of the private sector and letting the market decide

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #564 on: November 30, 2022, 09:51:36 pm »
Not sure if this has already  been mentioned about the EU bringing Twitter to heel?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63816110

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: November 30, 2022, 10:01:42 pm »
Saw someone call him Space Karen.    Pretty apt really

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: December 1, 2022, 12:44:45 am »
Not sure if this has already  been mentioned about the EU bringing Twitter to heel?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63816110

I said it early days,doubt he gives a fuck though,guy is starting to think he's a God.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: December 1, 2022, 01:41:01 am »
He's just a monumental dickhead isn't he?, he was initially funded by his fathers Emerald mine in (Apartheid) South Africa, he's bought Tesla and Twitter which were both founded by someone else, what's his actual contribution to society?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: December 1, 2022, 02:25:20 am »
what's his actual contribution to society?
With luck, it'll be the dismantling of Twitter.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: December 1, 2022, 05:46:20 am »
What a fcking whopper.

Elon Musk
@elonmusk
Apple has also threatened to withhold Twitter from its App Store, but won’t tell us why
5:43 am · 29 Nov 2022
Elon Musk
@elonmusk
Good conversation. Among other things, we resolved the misunderstanding about Twitter potentially being removed from the App Store. Tim was clear that Apple never considered doing so.
10:05 am · 1 Dec 2022

How about doing the normal business thing and talk to Apple privately about a rumour before you impact a publicly listed companies share value.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: December 1, 2022, 09:51:09 am »
What a fcking whopper.

How about doing the normal business thing and talk to Apple privately about a rumour before you impact a publicly listed companies share value.

For Elon, the "normal business thing" is to make public announcements regarding public companies, regardless of their relation to reality.
I'm amazed the SEC don't set up a special department just for him, it would easily be self-funded.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: December 1, 2022, 10:56:26 am »
This is the problem with twitter. Too many spew a conscious stream of thought in real-time instead of practising discernment.

It really is just like a gang of drunks sometimes. Trump's another one like that.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: December 1, 2022, 11:37:15 am »
This is the problem with twitter. Too many spew a conscious stream of thought in real-time instead of practising discernment.

It really is just like a gang of drunks sometimes. Trump's another one like that.

People are also being trained by social media to be controversial; balanced and thought out opinions don't generate engagement.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2022, 11:49:40 am by Schmidt »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: December 1, 2022, 01:30:41 pm »
People are also being trained by social media to be controversial; balanced and thought out opinions don't generate engagement.

Rise of the Rent-a-Gob.

It's sick. Spouting bullshit to deliberately antagonize sensible minded people, then trying to paint them as the crazy people for what is a perfectly legitimate reaction. In a relationship it would be called abusive narcissism.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #574 on: December 1, 2022, 02:24:12 pm »
What a fcking whopper.

How performative everything needs to be these days is possibly the thing that annoys me the most as I age, because it infects just about everything, everywhere.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #575 on: December 1, 2022, 03:29:40 pm »

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: December 1, 2022, 03:57:04 pm »

Donate  :wave
But, does this mean Chaka will get a blue check mark? I think he was quite specific. :)
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: December 2, 2022, 04:24:06 am »
It's sick. Spouting bullshit to deliberately antagonize sensible minded people, then trying to paint them as the crazy people for what is a perfectly legitimate reaction.

Gaslighting. I ended up quitting another message board I used to visit because I could feel the psychological damage of engaging with this kind of personality.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: December 2, 2022, 06:25:03 am »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: December 2, 2022, 07:17:53 am »
Did Hitler actually invent the microphone and motorways?

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: December 2, 2022, 07:57:08 am »
Microphone: Alexander Graham Bell. As for motorways, are they not just wider roads? Hardly counts as an 'invention'. And I have no idea of Hitler was responsible for the first autobahn or not.*

* OK. Looked it up:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled-access_highway#Definition_standards

Vienna Convention on Road Signs and Signals

"Motorway" means a road specially designed and built for motor traffic that does not serve properties bordering on it, and that:

• Is provided, except at special points or temporarily, with separate carriageways for the two directions of traffic, separated from each other either by a dividing strip not intended for traffic or, exceptionally, by other means;
  • Does not cross at level with any road, railway or tramway track, or footpath; and,
  • Is specially sign-posted as a motorway;[3]
So, a bit more to it than simply 'wider'. :) I would still not classify it as an 'invention'.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled-access_highway#History

The first dual highway opened in Italy in 1924, between Milan and Varese, and now forms parts of the A8 and A9 motorways. This highway, while divided, contained only one lane in each direction and no interchanges. Shortly thereafter, in New York in 1924, the Bronx River Parkway was opened to traffic. The Bronx River Parkway was the first road in North America to utilize a median strip to separate the opposing lanes, to be constructed through a park and where intersecting streets crossed over bridges.[11][12] The Southern State Parkway opened in 1927, while the Long Island Motor Parkway was closed in 1937 and replaced by the Northern State Parkway (opened 1931) and the contiguous Grand Central Parkway (opened 1936). In Germany, construction of the Bonn-Cologne Autobahn began in 1929 and was opened in 1932 by Konrad Adenauer, then the mayor of Cologne.[13]
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #581 on: December 2, 2022, 08:26:58 am »
* OK. Looked it up:

I think the idea of ensuring that your motorway doesn't intersect with any other roads so you don't need junctions or traffic control to slow people down could qualify as an invention. Adding more lanes, less so.

But I also had a quick spin through the history of both. If you're being exceedingly charitable you could say that developments in both were being made in the early part of the 20th century and that maybe some specific development can be credited to Nazi Germany in general.

To simplify that to "Hitler invented these things" is stupid... but the sort of thing you'd expect from the stereotypical MAGA nut these days.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: December 2, 2022, 08:34:03 am »
I think the idea of ensuring that your motorway doesn't intersect with any other roads so you don't need junctions or traffic control to slow people down could qualify as an invention. Adding more lanes, less so.
Not sure about that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person_having_ordinary_skill_in_the_art

Irrespective...
But I also had a quick spin through the history of both. If you're being exceedingly charitable you could say that developments in both were being made in the early part of the 20th century and that maybe some specific development can be credited to Nazi Germany in general.

To simplify that to "Hitler invented these things" is stupid... but the sort of thing you'd expect from the stereotypical MAGA nut these days.
I think that's right.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: December 2, 2022, 11:37:51 am »

No. The first German motorways were being developed before Hitler came to power. But of course he used the development as a sign of Germn supremancy.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: December 2, 2022, 12:09:37 pm »
I think Roy is referring to just the general spread of misinformation, that would influence elections, stoke fears/tensions/unrest and so on. It was proved that Cambridge Analytica (remember those guys) were influencing elections in Africa and S. Asia with Whatsapp misinformation campaigns. Elon's creating (ok, improving) twitter as a breeding ground for that kind of thing
Thanks.

In hindsight it's quite surprising how long it took people to weaponise social media misinformation on an industrial scale.  With a constant stream directly into people's minds and very little or no moderation on that it's a very simple tool.  Even when moderation is attempted it's largely ineffective as, probably misqouting Twain, a lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: December 2, 2022, 02:07:49 pm »

well, Al Gore invented the internet so you can't just dismiss these claims out of hand can you.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: December 2, 2022, 02:35:20 pm »
well, Al Gore invented the internet so you can't just dismiss these claims out of hand can you.
Well. Bit of an old chestnut that one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Gore_and_information_technology#Urban_legend_that_Gore_claims_to_have_invented_the_Internet

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: December 2, 2022, 02:35:46 pm »
I see MTG couldn't wait to get back on twitter to start spouting sweaty scrotums about Covid, masks and vaccines again...  :butt

Popcorn's Art

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: December 2, 2022, 04:36:56 pm »
Kanye banned on Twitter? What happened to "Freedom of speech not freedom of reach"?

Note that I don't agree with anything he said and I think he needs help, just pointing out that Musk has contradicted himself yet again and seems to be learning lessons that were likely learned already by people he fired.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: December 2, 2022, 05:47:08 pm »
Kanye banned on Twitter? What happened to "Freedom of speech not freedom of reach"?

Note that I don't agree with anything he said and I think he needs help, just pointing out that Musk has contradicted himself yet again and seems to be learning lessons that were likely learned already by people he fired.
A lessen learned - if they did not know this already - by anyone who has managed a social media space with a membership larger than just their best mates. If a place like RAWK has to have rules and moderation, how the hell could Twitter not? It is difficult to equate Musk's success in business with his total ineptitude in just about everything we see from him in public.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2022, 06:00:30 pm by Jiminy Cricket »

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: December 2, 2022, 08:35:41 pm »
A lessen learned - if they did not know this already - by anyone who has managed a social media space with a membership larger than just their best mates. If a place like RAWK has to have rules and moderation, how the hell could Twitter not? It is difficult to equate Musk's success in business with his total ineptitude in just about everything we see from him in public.

I said it before and I'll say it again - Musk buys tech companies because he wants to promote this image of him being almost like Tony Stark. He's a flawed genius with a big heart who's practically designing everything himself; a maverick, a loner, but his way gets results, even if it rubs people up the wrong way.

It's image laundering, but twitter has completely exposed him (even before he bought it - that's why he bought it) for anyone willing to see.

Popcorn's Art

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: December 2, 2022, 09:07:21 pm »
I said it before and I'll say it again - Musk buys tech companies because he wants to promote this image of him being almost like Tony Stark. He's a flawed genius with a big heart who's practically designing everything himself; a maverick, a loner, but his way gets results, even if it rubs people up the wrong way.

It's image laundering, but twitter has completely exposed him (even before he bought it - that's why he bought it) for anyone willing to see.
big heart?  you're joking, right?  what has he ever done that wasn't 100% aimed at getting attention for himself.  what charities does he support?

and I believe none of his companies has ever made money.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #592 on: December 2, 2022, 09:30:12 pm »
big heart?  you're joking, right?  what has he ever done that wasn't 100% aimed at getting attention for himself.  what charities does he support?

Tony stark is the flawed genius with the big heart ;)

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: December 2, 2022, 09:35:23 pm »
This fat waste of space is actually more boring and ridiculous than Trump. His inevitable run to be Republican President in 2028 is going to be fun…

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: December 2, 2022, 09:45:35 pm »

I think you might have misread what I posted. I'm saying that is the image he tries to promote. It is of course, complete bullshit. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: December 2, 2022, 09:53:04 pm »
I think you might have misread what I posted. I'm saying that is the image he tries to promote. It is of course, complete bullshit. ;D
I didn't misread it.

you obviously mis-typed it.

:)

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #596 on: December 2, 2022, 10:01:14 pm »
Oh c’mon Sam😜 ‘This the season of goodwill, not of cheap point scoring.

I knew exactly what you meant RB, as did almost everyone else.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: December 2, 2022, 10:02:43 pm »

Ah shit... I was about to say I read it like Sam did. Glad to hear I misread it.  ;D

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: December 2, 2022, 10:31:16 pm »

who's point scoring? gimme a break.

the post is ambiguous - I read it exactly the way I reacted.

(there are a lot of Musk fanboys around, and I have no idea what Red Berry's opinion was of him before the exchange we had.)

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: December 2, 2022, 10:38:12 pm »
I didn't misread it.

you obviously mis-typed it.

:)

I didn't mistype it, you just took the ball and played rugby with it rather than footie. ;)

PS: anybody who managed to "misread" what I posted has clearly not seen anything else I've posted on the guy. He's a Grade A Turd, and I've repeatedly described him as a Spacewasher and the nerd's equivalent of Taylor Swift, relying on an army of fanboys to steamroll in to defend him.

I'm honestly gobsmacked my post could have been read any other way!  I said in the post itself, it's image laundering! And that twitter had repeatedly exposed him!  There's nothing the least bit ambiguous about my post - you were just too damned lazy to read it properly and went all knee jerk!
« Last Edit: December 2, 2022, 10:43:54 pm by Have Yourself a Red Berry Little Xmas »

Popcorn's Art