The Liverpool FC Forum > News and Current Affairs

Never mind 'Stop the Boats' - STOP THE TORIES

<< < (2/6223) > >>

Andy @ Allerton!:
He's getting just asked to resign, some great one-liners from opposition parties.

He seems world weary, weak, angry, sulky and basically miffed.

Now some twat is going on about bus services - all these things are being shouted as if to distract and deflect.

It's just honestly weird. If you haven't seen it - give it a watch.

Looks like half of them are on speed :)

So… Howard Philips:

--- Quote from: Nobby Reserve on January 12, 2022, 12:37:44 pm ---I'm torn about whether I want Bozo to stay in place.

On the one hand, he's been an electoral asset, somehow detoxifying the Tories for people who haven't previously voted for them before. The prospect of some of the others as leader/PM (Truss, Gove, Raab) have me thinking that they would be much easier to beat next GE and will turn the general public off.

Yet he's now severely weakened and his approval ratings continue to tank, dragging Tory fortunes with them. Also, if he goes, Sunak might give them enough of a boost (even though I think, due to his background in dirty-money banking with the evil scum of Goldman Sachs then in hedge funds, that there's dirt to be had on him)

--- End quote ---

Johnson's electoral advantage is that, to an easily lead part of the electorate he's a likeable rogue, but that act is wearing thin as he's now seen to have broken some easily understood rules that the vast majority of the public followed.

Whether or not any allegations of complex financial chicanery against Sunak will have the same traction with voters is another matter.

lobsterboy:
Absolute scum.  They are rotten to the core.
Starmer's question is easily answered though, this nasty privileged chancer is arrogant enough to try and ride it out. Especially as a mate (probably at the same party) will head up the inquiry.
Banana Republic of Britain

gazzalfc:
Starmer played it very well. Made sure he didn't directly called him a liar but did it through a constituent letter. Its the best he can do while Boris hides behind that

The tories tried rallying round him offering soft questions (washing machine filters).

Lots of bad news getting prepared to be buried for when that Sue Grey investigation is finished.

lobsterboy:

--- Quote from: Andy @ Allerton! on January 12, 2022, 12:41:56 pm ---He's getting just asked to resign, some great one-liners from opposition parties.

He seems world weary, weak, angry, sulky and basically miffed.

Now some twat is going on about bus services - all these things are being shouted as if to distract and deflect.

It's just honestly weird. If you haven't seen it - give it a watch.

Looks like half of them are on speed :)

--- End quote ---

Filibustering to get him through.
Meanwhile Johnson swings between arrogance and petulance but no sign of any sincere regret or contrition. Mainly looks annoyed at being held to any standards at all.
The worst Prime Minister in history.

Gove will be on anything going!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version