Author Topic: The Apprentice  (Read 24296 times)

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Apprentice 2022
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2022, 10:59:21 pm »
Sophie is a horrible bitch. Should have been fired for not bringing Amy back in for her awful branding.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 11:04:29 pm by sinnermichael »

Online iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2022, 11:23:19 am »
Quite an entertaining group this year -- the arguing doesn't seem as childish as usual and the discussions in the boardroom of the losing team last night was actually quite reasonable (in comparison to previous groups).

My friend was on the first episode (the captain of the cruise ship) and didn't hold back in his opinion of the contestants when I messaged him  ;D

The Vodify branding was really nice and the PM should be applauded for it and ignoring the other contestants, but this show is all about criticism obviously. And the branding made by the American woman on the losing team was absolutely awful and insane that she wasn't brought back in. The losing PM should have been fired for that alone (as sinnermichael says above).
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2022, 11:56:51 am »
The foreshadowing and editing in this show is hilarious sometimes. The woman proudly boasting about how she was responsible for all of the branding early on in the task and then that ends up being the main reason they lose was classic Apprentice.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2022, 04:17:56 pm »
The Vodify branding was really nice and the PM should be applauded for it and ignoring the other contestants, but this show is all about criticism obviously. And the branding made by the American woman on the losing team was absolutely awful and insane that she wasn't brought back in. The losing PM should have been fired for that alone (as sinnermichael says above).

Yeah, the Vodify brand and multi-media angle was very good (the drink itself probably not so much).

How they can fuck up a craft beer so much is insane, for both the taste and the brand. I get the two guys didn't seem to do much, but doing a lot really badly is surely worse.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2022, 06:03:34 pm »
The foreshadowing and editing in this show is hilarious sometimes. The woman proudly boasting about how she was responsible for all of the branding early on in the task and then that ends up being the main reason they lose was classic Apprentice.
She had that American confident boisterous bravado after the branding was done.

Contrast that with her in the Boardroom, she was literally trying hide hoping no one would notice her by the look of impending doom on her face.

She must be house besties with the team leader.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2022, 07:32:06 pm »
Yeah, the Vodify brand and multi-media angle was very good (the drink itself probably not so much).

How they can fuck up a craft beer so much is insane, for both the taste and the brand. I get the two guys didn't seem to do much, but doing a lot really badly is surely worse.
Exactly - it's proof that when asked to perform, you can't.
Stan Laurel

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2022, 09:51:38 pm »
Just watched last night’s.

Nick is one lucky twat. Why would he pick non alcoholic vodka when you can’t taste it?! Luckily for him the can looked like the sort of thing you’d see in the shops.

The other team missed an absolute open goal up against that. Couldn’t place the branding but it looked like M&S cooking sauces or something. That American seemed lucky to avoid the boardroom. Navid did seem like a bumbling idiot though. The other guy might be shot but seems a bit of a blagger who could do ok on a sales task maybe.

Timo Werner seems a bit of an arsehole.

That massive pause when Sugar asked the PM who she’d fire and she sized them up and then said both of them. :lmao Bet that was a tense taxi back to the house.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2022, 01:41:57 pm »
I thought the beer branding was decent, but as soon as they showed her talking about how it was all her idea, you just knew that it would be a sticking point later on.  Think the right person went, he offered nothing and seemed really timid (in comparison to his You're Fired appearance, where he was super flamboyant and extra sassy).
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2022, 12:43:36 pm »
Well after being so annoyed at how even more scripted the show has become I decided to give another episode a go... Then the guy who came up with a turd shaped toothbrush and declined any reasoning to change it doesn't get fired. They at least used to try an hide the scripting with clever editing, etc, they are not even arsed now about treating the audience like idiots.

Suppose if you can put all that aside it's still enjoyable but it's just a farce at this point. Might as well be done with the whole last section and just get them all in so Sugar and the production team can just pick who they want to go.

If they are going down that overly produced route I'd just put on the most argumentative, obnoxious and aggressive candidates from auditions. At least a few fights every week would liven it up a bit.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2022, 12:59:45 pm »
That was worst episode so far imo. Just found it boring. Always feels like a school trip away from daily mundane school.

Interestingly saw the house they are staying in, in another show. £17 million price tag ;D

Online Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2022, 11:01:57 pm »
I thought the beer branding was decent, but as soon as they showed her talking about how it was all her idea, you just knew that it would be a sticking point later on.  Think the right person went, he offered nothing and seemed really timid (in comparison to his You're Fired appearance, where he was super flamboyant and extra sassy).

The PM should've been fired. At least from the little we see, Navid didn't look like he'd win but I bet the producers thought he'd give them more for the camera and when it was clear he wouldnt, binned him off
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2022, 11:31:51 pm »
Imagine having to get your heart medication prescription off that Navid. What’s the world coming to

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2022, 11:50:07 pm »
Well after being so annoyed at how even more scripted the show has become I decided to give another episode a go... Then the guy who came up with a turd shaped toothbrush and declined any reasoning to change it doesn't get fired. They at least used to try an hide the scripting with clever editing, etc, they are not even arsed now about treating the audience like idiots.

Suppose if you can put all that aside it's still enjoyable but it's just a farce at this point. Might as well be done with the whole last section and just get them all in so Sugar and the production team can just pick who they want to go.

If they are going down that overly produced route I'd just put on the most argumentative, obnoxious and aggressive candidates from auditions. At least a few fights every week would liven it up a bit.

cant believe he never went for that. Especially after the turd logo the week before !
We are the Champions , Champions of Europe

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2022, 09:47:37 am »
The "business plans" are becoming increasingly awful too. Seems like they are mostly "I have a pharmacy/childcare/etc business and I want to open more branches". Well, go see a bank manager and get a business loan then.

I guess anyone with a decent business idea wouldn't be on there in the first place.

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2022, 11:44:08 am »

I guess anyone with a decent business idea wouldn't be on there in the first place.

Nail... on... head
We are the Champions , Champions of Europe

Online Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2022, 09:16:18 pm »
Utterly ridiculous task this week.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2022, 09:48:38 pm »
Absolutely useless, the lot of them.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2022, 09:59:59 pm »
The right person went, no other option.  Thought it might've been a double firing, that's coming soon I reckon.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2022, 10:06:55 pm »
Next week the candidates design and then make by hand a new car
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2022, 10:31:21 pm »
Next week the candidates design and then make by hand a new car

Amy : " you were telling us you once stepped into a car dealership last year. You'd be great for leading this task"

"I'm happy to step up to the plate but just so you guys know I've never built a car"

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2022, 10:36:41 pm »
To be fair to Francesca she nailed her side of the task. She’s still as equally annoying as the rest of them but credit where it’s due.

Online iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2022, 10:54:25 pm »
That Akshay -- fuck me, there's a fella who needs a good slap.

Proof that they don't film the cafe scene the same day as the boardrooms then, since Kathryn wasn't there.

Francesca was great -- put that absolute fucking nugget Aaron in his place and showed the lads how it's done. She and Kathryn seem to be the most level headed on there -- not many strong candidates at all really.
Stan Laurel

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2022, 11:22:44 pm »
The guy who went had one chance of surviving, and that was to play on the fact that he was the only one willing to step up and be team leader and that he was pretty much forced into it. Only he bizarrely then didn't bring back the person who's fault that was, despite calling her out on it beforehand.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2022, 11:42:27 pm »
That wasnt a difficult task at all.

Online iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2022, 12:01:35 am »
The guy who went had one chance of surviving, and that was to play on the fact that he was the only one willing to step up and be team leader and that he was pretty much forced into it. Only he bizarrely then didn't bring back the person who's fault that was, despite calling her out on it beforehand.
She's been pretty lucky not to be brought back 2 weeks in a row now. She's a major bullshiter so won't last long.
Stan Laurel

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2022, 08:47:23 pm »
Just watched. Kind of glad Timo Werner went. Didn’t have a lot about him, sounded like he was just a wide bit sales type. Forgetting to sell the crab!

That Akshay is slippery and useless though. Was it him who said “we caught this in the sea” or something similar when trying to sell it. Where else would it have come from? :D

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2022, 12:05:06 pm »
The winning team made about £300 profit after about 3 days of 6 of them working round the clock. Yeah, fucking business geniuses these lot :lmao

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2022, 12:20:51 pm »
twat of an episode...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2022, 05:41:38 pm »
All the men are utterly useless.

All Women final five.

Harpreet to win.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2022, 05:46:12 pm »
Yeah Ashkay has to he next out. 4 tasks, 4 defeats and 4 times in the bottom 3 can’t be a coincidence

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2022, 09:42:33 pm »
I can't recall the men being so utterly useless to this extent before. I hope that bloke that won the task last week doesn't make it through to the final.

The army bloke isn't great either. Plenty has been said about Akshay. All correct as well ;D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #111 on: February 3, 2022, 09:15:21 pm »
Gonna start my next Wordle game with artic.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: February 3, 2022, 10:12:33 pm »
An educational game about collecting penguins in the Artic. Terrific stuff....

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: February 3, 2022, 10:26:15 pm »
Francesca going after single handedly winning the task last week seems harsh. If I was PM on that task I’d have taken Akshay in for a nailed on firing.

Online iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: February 3, 2022, 10:34:38 pm »
Ha! What an absolutely ridicilous show this has become.

Francesca was one of the strongest candidates - to fire her and keep the other two idiots is ridicilous as was to bring her into the boardroom.

They're just set up to fail as well. Creating a whole fucking game in one day?! And the "investors" are clearly told to be as critical as possible as both games weren't bad for something devised and created IN A DAY. The cocky American said "You're going up against games who have vast and infinite possibilities and realms" -- well yeah mate, they've taken at least 5 fucking years to create and test them as well ya bellend.

As someone from Snowdonia who used to work in the tourist industry in Porthmadog next week will be interesting indeed!
« Last Edit: February 3, 2022, 10:36:53 pm by iamnant »
Stan Laurel

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #115 on: February 3, 2022, 10:37:51 pm »
Yeah girls' PM should've been in way more trouble, the feedback from the experts was that the game was a terrible idea, the branding was secondary.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: February 3, 2022, 11:32:58 pm »
Francesca going after single handedly winning the task last week seems harsh. If I was PM on that task I’d have taken Akshay in for a nailed on firing.

I think she spells her name Franesca.

Online iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: February 3, 2022, 11:47:08 pm »
Yeah girls' PM should've been in way more trouble, the feedback from the experts was that the game was a terrible idea, the branding was secondary.
The whole basis of the show was based on getting a job -- something which hasn't been on offer for a fair few years and now it's clearly down to the business plan. It's still an ok show but is becoming more and more like a really shitty Channel 4 reality show by the episode.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2022, 11:53:36 pm by iamnant »
Stan Laurel

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: February 4, 2022, 09:49:15 am »
They may have just got away with artic on the branding if the voiceover didn't also mention it several times.
Agree if she's taken Ashkay in it would have been curtains.

For that many people not to know how to spell arctic was hilarious, but it's a bit rich when Sugar has a go at people when his grammar is often cringeworthy.

Online iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: February 4, 2022, 06:14:38 pm »
For that many people not to know how to spell arctic was hilarious, but it's a bit rich when Sugar has a go at people when his grammar is often cringeworthy.

Precisely -- and in a real business enviroment, they'd be able to Google it, or the designer would have mentioned it, or the proof readers / testers would have spotted it. The fact they only have 24 hours to create this shit seems to be skipped over even more episode by episode.
Stan Laurel