The Liverpool FC Forum > General Football and Sport

THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD

<< < (3195/4375) > >>

Knight:
As soon as a player has the physical and technical attributes to be able to stretch the play with runs in behind or hold up the player and be a focal point he moves into a different category to the 'goal hanger does nothing but score goals' type striker for me. Which means Owen at his pace wasn't 'just a penalty box striker' or whatever the term we're using for it is.

The North Bank:

--- Quote from: Knight on February 12, 2023, 07:51:24 am ---As soon as a player has the physical and technical attributes to be able to stretch the play with runs in behind or hold up the player and be a focal point he moves into a different category to the 'goal hanger does nothing but score goals' type striker for me. Which means Owen at his pace wasn't 'just a penalty box striker' or whatever the term we're using for it is.

--- End quote ---

The “run in behind” striker and the goal hanger are two completely different positions. Owen and Lineker are two different type of players I wouldn’t put them in the same category.

Legs:

--- Quote from: Flaccido Dongingo on February 12, 2023, 06:45:49 am ---Owen was much much more than a goal hanger.

--- End quote ---

Not a goal hanger as such but he didn’t do much link up play etc.

I’m not saying he was crap he was class for us but I guess football has changed tactically since those days.

dirkster:
Owen's goal against Argentina in the world cup I think proved he was much more than a goal hanger

Legs:

--- Quote from: dirkster on February 12, 2023, 09:37:55 pm ---Owen's goal against Argentina in the world cup I think proved he was much more than a goal hanger

--- End quote ---

Yeah it was a bad comment by myself I was meaning link up play which forwards now do much more now.

He was obviously quality until injuries ruined his hamstrings then he was done.

He went to Utd as well so I don’t have much time for him either 😳

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version