The Liverpool FC Forum > News and Current Affairs

Kicking Off in Iran....Again

(1/41) > >>

Xabi Gerrard:

Biggest protests in Iran since the 2009 "Green Movement". 9 dead last night, 22 overall (at the time of writing).

Genuine dissatisfaction with economic woes? Or Saudi, America and Israel meddling in this modern day cold war that's taken over the Middle East?

B0151?:

--- Quote from: Xabi Gerrard on January  2, 2018, 01:34:00 pm ---Biggest protests in Iran since the 2009 "Green Movement". 9 dead last night, 22 overall (at the time of writing).

Genuine dissatisfaction with economic woes? Or Saudi, America and Israel meddling in this modern day cold war that's taken over the Middle East?

--- End quote ---

I would say, why the 'or'?

Did I read that there are thoughts the protests were actually initiated by conservative elements looking to undermine Rouhrani?

Xabi Gerrard:

--- Quote from: Bakez0151 on January  2, 2018, 01:55:31 pm ---I would say, why the 'or'?

--- End quote ---

Agree, very good point.

--- Quote from: Bakez0151 on January  2, 2018, 01:55:31 pm ---Did I read that there are thoughts the protests were actually initiated by conservative elements looking to undermine Rouhrani?

--- End quote ---

I heard that too. It's so hard to tell what's really driving this. Bit like everything going on in the world at the moment I suppose.

RedBootsTommySmith:
My take on it is that there are legitimate grievances within Iran due to Rouhani's austerity policies, but that the West/ Israel/ Saudi's are not slow to encourage and exploit such discontent, being highly miffed at the outcome in Syria. Propaganda is duly taken up a notch or two. It sings from the same songsheet as other ME 'colour revolutions'. Not so sure it will work in Iran's case, but will cause enough agitation to keep Iran pre-occupied.

TepidT2O:
Interesting to see the we’re not ‘arab’ chants...

Some sort of Persian nationalism here..?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version