Author Topic: Russia launches invasion of Ukraine (*) & use spoiler tags for anything graphic!  (Read 945457 times)

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My ass cheeks clapped together louder than an excited Latino man with maracas... I had just laid the mightiest fudge dragon ever known to mankind in its very own water bath.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/tybuq/did_you_ever_think_you_were_going_to_die_from_a/

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
Re: Putin - Play Time Is Over (message to the western elites)
« Reply #201 on: February 28, 2015, 05:13:39 pm »
"He appears to have shot himself 4 times in the back"
Do those that believe he was bumped off by Putin also believe Bobby Kennedy was bumped off by those with vested interests in the US?
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #202 on: February 28, 2015, 05:16:58 pm »
Do those that believe he was bumped off by Putin also believe Bobby Kennedy was bumped off by those with vested interests in the US?

I'm trying to understand the logic of this question.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: February 28, 2015, 05:30:11 pm »
That's right. Can you imagine what it must be like when every police investigation is like Hillsborough?  Or when the Russian equivalents of 'awkward-squad'  campaigners like Ann Williams or Sheila Coleman are gunned down and there is no investigation? Think of the number of Russian journalists who stick their noses into places that the Kremlin doesn't want them to and are subsequently bumped off, assassinated, 'disappeared'. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_journalists_killed_in_Russia

switch back to the american cops and i will add in "imagine that".

which side is wrong and which is right.
the west or russia?

both are as bad as each other imo.
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #204 on: February 28, 2015, 05:31:44 pm »
Blimey.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: February 28, 2015, 05:38:07 pm »
I'm trying to understand the logic of this question.
I get the impression some here would believe BK was bumped off by a lone nut (that defied physics by shooting him in his back whist standing in front of him), whilst not questioning this latest killing - i.e. it was Putin.

"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: February 28, 2015, 05:49:00 pm »
I get the impression some here would believe BK was bumped off by a lone nut (that defied physics by shooting him in his back whist standing in front of him), whilst not questioning this latest killing - i.e. it was Putin.

That doesn't really help me. You seem to be saying that Putin could only be involved in the murder of his opponent if the CIA (?) was involved in the murder of Robert Kennedy.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline alfonso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: February 28, 2015, 05:56:34 pm »
That doesn't really help me. You seem to be saying that Putin could only be involved in the murder of his opponent if the CIA (?) was involved in the murder of Robert Kennedy.
I am saying the same kind of shit we see in Russia has happened elsewhere - i.e. BK assassination.
But some pick and choose refusing to believe that groups in their own countries could be of the same ilk when they are protecting their interests.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: February 28, 2015, 06:01:22 pm »
I am saying the same kind of shit we see in Russia has happened elsewhere - i.e. BK assassination.
But some pick and choose refusing to believe that groups in their own countries could be of the same ilk when they are protecting their interests.

Oh yeah, that's right. We just pick and choose according to a toss of a coin, or because we've taken sides of the evil America against the noble Russians.

I have to say if you think Kennedy was shot by anyone else but Sirhan Sirhan you are a mental conspiratorial nut-popper (and probably need Alan X's help).

But if you think American politics is as vicious, as murderous, as corrupt, as unaccountable and as autocratic as Russian politics you really are beyond anyone's help (even Alan X's). 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 06:03:27 pm by Yorkykopite »

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: February 28, 2015, 06:18:29 pm »

What are you trying to get at here? Are you saying that yes, Putin obviously had this guy killed, but that America is no better? I live in Portugal, I have no reason or desire to defend the conduct of America. I saw people using this "US is no better" red herring fallacy when the plane was shot down over Ukraine and it's bollocks. I have been appalled by America's conduct before and I am frequently appalled by Putin's.

Offline alfonso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: February 28, 2015, 06:43:38 pm »
Oh yeah, that's right. We just pick and choose according to a toss of a coin, or because we've taken sides of the evil America against the noble Russians.

I have to say if you think Kennedy was shot by anyone else but Sirhan Sirhan you are a mental conspiratorial nut-popper (and probably need Alan X's help).

But if you think American politics is as vicious, as murderous, as corrupt, as unaccountable and as autocratic as Russian politics you really are beyond anyone's help (even Alan X's). 

So you think Sirhan Sirhan can defy physics?
Do you also think this Newsnight report on the CIA's involvement is 'conspiracy nuts' then too?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkkUJp2pi3Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMOeE4qn_V4

Offline LondonRapLondon

• "Please leave me alone.....These little forum games are annoying."
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #211 on: February 28, 2015, 06:46:02 pm »
I'm not going to say it was anything to do with Putin. Cannot be sure who did it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 06:47:41 pm by LondonRapLondon »

Offline alfonso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: February 28, 2015, 06:48:56 pm »
What are you trying to get at here? Are you saying that yes, Putin obviously had this guy killed, but that America is no better? I live in Portugal, I have no reason or desire to defend the conduct of America. I saw people using this "US is no better" red herring fallacy when the plane was shot down over Ukraine and it's bollocks. I have been appalled by America's conduct before and I am frequently appalled by Putin's.
I am saying people pick and choose. A prime example is the poster above that says BK was done over by a magician, but Putin obviously bumped off this guy.

For me they 'superpowers' are both as bad as each other.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: February 28, 2015, 06:49:41 pm »
The guy said a couple of weeks ago that he was scared Putin might have him killed....

Let's look at the chances of somone saying that and it not being that person.

We can't prove it was Putins hand in it, but you have to be ridiculously naive not to accept he is the prime suspect by a huge margin.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #214 on: February 28, 2015, 07:06:04 pm »

It is interesting to note that BK was shot four times, just like Anna Politkovskaya another well known opponent of Putin's policies. But I am sure it is a complete and utter coincedenace that they both ended up dead in exactly the same way. 
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2015, 08:59:37 pm »
So as Putin is going to personally investigated the Murder, he must have multi personalities.

As for the other stuff, Cia, Arms Dealers, or the Mafia or all three bumped off JFK

J Edgar went to his grave knowing a lot more about the deaths BK and MLK jnr and JFK

however conspirators and murderers are everywhere i dont distinguish them by their nationality so i found it weird that if we think Putin is involved in anything we must by default absolve people in the US of any blame at all.

Weird crazy logic

A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: March 1, 2015, 11:05:31 am »
Putin will personally oversee the investigation as he drops it into his waste paper basket.

Can we please drop all the conspiracy bull or the suggestion that it's okay for one side to pull this sort of shit because the other side has done it as well?  Whether or not Putin personally ordered this execution - which it was - is irrelevant.  The fact is this sort of thing has happened before on his watch and it will doubtless happen again.

It's not a conspiracy theory when it's happening brazenly in front of us.  The only question is who is pulling the strings.  For all we know Putin has become merely a vassel for the Russian mafia, who could be pulling all kinds of crap knowing he will get the blame for it.  In which case the only reason to silence any of Putin's critics comes when there is a danger of a direct link to them being exposed.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: March 1, 2015, 11:31:41 am »
No wonder Abramovich is so up Putin's arse.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: March 1, 2015, 11:37:22 am »
Would Putin order this assassination off his own bat. I doubt it, Everyone knows how this killing reflects badly on Putin and Russia, so this obvious predictable fallout was either ignored or just another way of telling the world, keep your noses out of Russian affairs.
One things for sure, there are now a few old fashioned hardliners in a position of power in the Kremlin.

It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline JMc1984

• Kemlynite
« Reply #219 on: March 1, 2015, 04:13:21 pm »
The guy said a couple of weeks ago that he was scared Putin might have him killed....

Let's look at the chances of somone saying that and it not being that person

We can't prove it was Putins hand in it, but you have to be ridiculously naive not to accept he is the prime suspect by a huge margin.

Diana said Charles would have her killed in a car crash.

What are the odds?

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: March 1, 2015, 07:36:04 pm »
Can we please drop all the conspiracy bull
...and listen to my conspiracy theory it involves gangsters and presidents ;)

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: March 1, 2015, 07:36:50 pm »

What are the odds?
Dear god.
W

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: March 1, 2015, 07:52:03 pm »

What are the odds?
As far back as the 80's i was convinced that if John Kennedy jnr ever stuck his nose into politics... he'd meet with a nasty fatal accident .

What are the odds ? 

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: March 1, 2015, 07:53:34 pm »
Dear god.
I'm just writing to tell you i dont think you exist ;)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: March 1, 2015, 08:01:24 pm »
...and listen to my conspiracy theory it involves gangsters and presidents ;)

That wasn't a theory.  It was supposition.

Putin being a corrupt bastard whose political enemies increasingly come to a tragic end isn't conspiracy theory; it's fact.  As I said, the only question is who is giving the orders.  The conspiracy starts when trying to link the two together.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: March 1, 2015, 08:06:56 pm »
I have a feeling this thread is going to be overrun by the Kennedy conspiracy loonies. 

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: March 1, 2015, 08:22:31 pm »
I have a feeling this thread is going to be overrun by the Kennedy conspiracy loonies.
Yeah, I just hope some sh.. stirrer doesn't mention 9/11 and the twin towers. :duh
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: March 1, 2015, 08:40:42 pm »
Boris Nemtsov: tens of thousands march in memory of murdered politician

Mood of quiet dismay as crowds mourn Vladimir Putin’s adversary who was gunned down near the Kremlin on Friday

They came with placards and plaintive cries of “shame” – a vast column of mourners snaking through central Moscow to commemorate the latest Russian opposition figure to meet a wretched fate.

But as tens of thousands trudged through the bone-chilling Moscow drizzle to pay their last respects to Boris Nemtsov, the adversary of Vladimir Putin, gunned down a stone’s throw from the Kremlin on Friday night, the mood was more one of quiet dismay rather than explosive anger.

Boris Nemtsov: marchers in Moscow honour murdered opposition politician – as it happened
Thousands of people take to the streets in memory of the former deputy prime minister and vehement critic of Vladimir Putin’s rule

It was the biggest Moscow demonstration since the protests of 2011 – 12, which shook Putin’s leadership to the core. Police estimates of about 20,000 participants were well short of the mark. Those who turned up said more with their quiet placards than with any bold actions.

“He died for the future of Russia,” said some, while others echoed the response to the Charlie Hebdo attacks in Paris, saying simply: “I am Boris Nemtsov.” Sales manager Olga Sparber said: “We feel grief and depression that this kind of stuff is going on and will probably get worse. It gets harder and harder to believe anything can get better. Putin and his KGB team are to blame, just as he is to blame for the war in Ukraine.”

Many members of the democratic opposition blamed state-controlled television for whipping up patriotic paranoia. Putin himself has contributed to the atmosphere of suspicion by suggesting a fifth column is working to undermine Russia. “I’m part of the opposition, which they call fifth-columnists and national traitors,” Sparber said. “What happens on television and in the media is scary; there’s such hatred. They are pushing people toward aggression.”

Sergei Ryzhov, a retired defence factory worker, said he had not attended a protest since the 1993 standoff between the then president, Boris Yeltsin, and parliament, but said he wanted to commemorate a politician who should have come to power instead of Putin.

“When they kill such a person in the middle of Moscow, it’s awful, and now they’re saying it was a provocation against Russia,” Ryzhov said. “It got to the point that I couldn’t stand it … There’s nothing left over from the 1990s, not the freedom of expression or of entrepreneurship. A small group of friends became the owners of our country.”

Nemtsov, who was shot in the back four times in a brazen drive-by shooting on a city centre bridge, was the last recognisable opposition figure still at large in Russia, following the exile of some and arrest of others. Deprived of airtime and influence, he was more of a nuisance to the Kremlin than a direct threat, though he had promised an exposé of Russian involvement in the Ukrainian war. He is the latest in a string of Kremlin opponents to die violently.

The rally mainly went off peacefully, although a few people were detained, and the Ukrainian MP Alexei Goncharenko was arrested by police before it started. He wrote on Facebook: “Police have detained me. I did not shout anything, did not carry any banners or flags; they simply detained me over the T-shirt.” It featured an image of Nemtsov and “Heroes never die”, one of the slogans of the Maidan revolution in Kiev.

According to Russian officials, Goncharenko, who was passed by police to Kremlin investigators, may face charges as part of an investigation into the deaths of more than 40 pro-Russia demonstrators in Odessa last May. They died when the building they took shelter in was set on fire after clashes with Ukrainian activists. It is unclear what jurisdiction Moscow has to try a Ukrainian parliamentarian for alleged crimes carried out on Ukrainian territory. Late in the evening, he told Ukrainian media he had been released and was in the Ukrainian embassy in Moscow.

Members of several opposition parties were carrying political party flags, as were groups of nationalists, some of whom held the white-yellow-black imperial tricolour. “We didn’t agree with [Nemtsov’s] political views but he wasn’t afraid to oppose the regime,” said one nationalist, who did not give his name.

Prominent activist Leonid Volkov, one of the organisers of the march, said the occasion was a chance for the opposition to “get united again”. He said: “All of us have lost friends and relations because of the Crimea issue or all this talk of national traitors. It’s important for all these people to see they’re not alone. In fact, there is a huge crowd of us.”

Speaking as people gathered at the start of the rally, opposition politician Mikhail Kasyanov, who was once prime minister under Putin, said he believed the killing would galvanise people to change their opinions and force change in the country.

“I think this killing has exploded the minds of people and forced people to rethink the reality in which we live. The tragic death of Boris should be a turning point in our society, for those people who are not indifferent to what is happening in our country… I am certain that the situation will change within the next few months. Changes are inevitable.”

Economist Pyotr Lanskov predicted that Russia would soon see much wider unrest because of the economic slump which has been aggravated by western sanctions and the tumbling oil price. “The economy is getting bad. Soon even the stupid will understand that this is the fault of Putin’s regime if not through their brain, they’ll come to understand it through their stomach and join those who already figured it out.”

Russia’s investigative committee announced a reward of 3m roubles (about £31,500) for information leading to the capture of Nemtsov’s killers. However, investigators appear to have ruled out the theory that he was killed for his opposition views. Instead, spokesman Vladimir Markin said on Saturday that one of the main theories being investigated was that Nemtsov was killed by his fellow opposition politicians as a “sacrificial victim” to increase tension in society.

The female companion who was with Nemtsov when he was shot, Ukrainian citizen Anna Duritskaya, is being questioned by investigators. There were conflicting reports about whether she is free to leave her apartment and return to Ukraine, or not. Nemtsov will be buried at a Moscow cemetery on Tuesday.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: March 1, 2015, 08:53:14 pm »
So let's get this straight. The investigation team set up by Putin himself, have decided inside 48 hours that BN's death has got nothing to do with Putin. But it may have been arranged by fellow Opposition Policitians! It would be laughable if it wasn't so tragic.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: March 1, 2015, 09:06:13 pm »
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Thousands take to streets of Moscow as planned opposition rally becomes a mass protest in memory of Russian politician

The mood in Moscow was grim, a quiet rage running through the crowd. What had been planned as an opposition march against Vladimir Putin became something more, a massed protest against the bloody silencing of another voice of dissent.

Almost 20,000 people walked through the streets, braving the cold and the rain to protest against the murder of the opposition leader Boris Nemtsov today. Shot four times in the back on the Great Moskvoretsky Bridge near the Kremlin on Friday night by unknown assailants, Mr Nemtsov had been due to speak at today’s rally. Instead his picture was on almost every placard. There was no chanting typical of opposition protests, no smiles and no speeches.

The route from the Kitai Gorod metro station to the Moskvoretsky Bridge had been approved by the authorities and throughout the march helicopters could be heard overhead. On the ground the presence of armed police was overwhelming.

“Heroes never die. Those bullets pierced each and every one of us,” read one placard.

A day after Russian national investigators speculated that anything from Islamic extremism to a business dispute could have been the motive for the killing, many demonstrators placed the blame squarely on Vladimir Putin.

“They will never tell us who the killers were. But there is no doubt it was done by professionals, and the fact that it happened right next to the Kremlin – that says a lot, because ordinary hitmen wouldn’t be able to pull that off,” said Alexander Gucharov, a student who held a placard with an image of Mr Putin with the words: “Formerly a spy, today an executioner, conman and thief. Shame! Vladimir Putin: the godfather of the Kremlin.”

He added: “They’d get caught within 30 minutes. The real killer was the organiser of the war with Ukraine.”

For Lyudmila Gucharova, Mr Nemtsov had been the “last hope” for the opposition. “I guess that’s why they had to kill him,” she said.

Another demonstrator, Vyacheslav Uramistrov, held a large portrait of Mr Nemtsov alongside a Russian flag. Calling the killing a “great loss for all of Russia”, he broke down when recalling his past encounters with the politician. “I don’t even know what words can describe this feeling. I don’t know what we’ll do,” he said.

A group of women clutching Russian flags said they came to the march because they “felt it was their duty”. “We’re tired of having to feel afraid. That’s why we came,” said Olga Busova, a pensioner.

Vladimir Milov, a former deputy energy minister and current opposition figure and close colleague of Mr Nemtsov, dismissed the official explanations for the killing.

“I really have no doubt that the Russian security services were involved. Maybe the Federal Security Service or the Federal Guard Service. I think it was precisely these agencies that organised the killing,” Mr Milov told The Independent.

“That entire territory [around the Kremlin] is part of a special zone with heightened security. It’s essentially always on lockdown, with security services monitoring and listening to everything. So it’s very hard for me to imagine that someone was able to pull off a murder in that area without Putin’s consent, to kill a leading opposition figure right in front of the Kremlin,” said Mr Milov. “This tells us that either the security protocols around the Kremlin are completely ineffective and useless, or they were deliberately shut down for Nemtsov’s murder.”

Investigators who answer to Mr Putin have offered a 3m rouble reward, around £32,000, for information on Mr Nemtsov’s death. They say they are pursuing several lines of inquiry, including the possibility that Mr Nemtsov, who was Jewish, was killed by Islamists or that the opposition killed him to blacken Mr Putin’s name. “Putin noted that this cruel murder has all the makings of a contract hit and is extremely provocative,” the President’s spokesman Dmitry Peskov said.

But Mr Milov scoffed at Mr Putin’s explanation of the killing as a provocation, saying the real motive was painfully obvious. “This was an attempt to instill fear among members of the opposition; to scare the remaining opposition members off.”

Another potential motive for the killing, he claimed, was Mr Nemtsov’s support for the sanctions imposed by the West on Russia over ongoing events in Ukraine.

Ukraine’s President, Petro Poroshenko, had claimed Mr Nemtsov was killed because he planned to disclose evidence of Russia’s alleged, and strongly denied, involvement in Ukraine’s conflict. “He said he would reveal persuasive evidence of the involvement of Russian armed forces in Ukraine,” said Mr Poroshenko. “Someone was very afraid of this … They killed him.”

Other leaders have been less accusatory, but demanded a thorough and transparent investigation into the killing. The US President, Barack Obama, demanded an “impartial” inquiry while the German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, said Mr Putin must “assure himself that this assassination is elucidated and that its perpetrators are held accountable”.

The wife of the murdered Russian spy Alexander Litvinenko said Mr Nemtsov’s shooting was the Russian government’s way of saying that anyone who spoke out against Mr Putin would be killed. Marina Litvinenko told the BBC it was a “way to present that anybody who will try to say something against us will be killed”.

Human rights activists called for authorities to set up a monument to Mr Nemtsov in the city, an idea which deputy mayor Leonid Pechatnikov promised would be considered in comments to Interfax news agency. Alexander Cherkasov of the Memorial human rights group expressed doubt that Moscow authorities would allow it, however. “There are streets named after [slain investigative journalist] Anna Politkovskaya all over the world. In Moscow, there is no such street,” he said. “There is a problem of political terror and a problem with monuments to the victims of political terror in Russia,” Mr Cherkasov told the Interfax news agency.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #230 on: March 2, 2015, 12:42:28 am »
So let's get this straight. The investigation team set up by Putin himself, have decided inside 48 hours that BN's death has got nothing to do with Putin. But it may have been arranged by fellow Opposition Policitians! It would be laughable if it wasn't so tragic.

To be fair to the Detective in charge Putin, he's got Police captain Putin on his back, as he's a maverick cop who doesn't play by the rules, he's got the DA Putin looking for a name for his case, and he's got Mayor Putin giving Police Chief Putin 48 hours or he's taken his department off the case.

I think he did well to get it all solved within 48 hours really.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #231 on: March 2, 2015, 04:50:25 pm »
To be fair to the Detective in charge Putin, he's got Police captain Putin on his back, as he's a maverick cop who doesn't play by the rules, he's got the DA Putin looking for a name for his case, and he's got Mayor Putin giving Police Chief Putin 48 hours or he's taken his department off the case.

Sounds like a good case for teh "48 hours" TV series.
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: March 2, 2015, 05:48:23 pm »

You should write  your own TV show with that Ray.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #233 on: March 2, 2015, 07:46:21 pm »
Sky News were just saying that the CCTV cameras which could have filmed the shooting close up were down for "maintenance".
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline JMc1984

• Kemlynite
« Reply #234 on: March 2, 2015, 08:12:19 pm »
Sky News were just saying that the CCTV cameras which could have filmed the shooting close up were down for "maintenance".

That's crazy that. Kinda like how the cctv didn't work in the tube stations and on the routemaster bus on July 7th, 2005

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: March 2, 2015, 09:18:43 pm »
That's crazy that. Kinda like how the cctv didn't work in the tube stations and on the routemaster bus on July 7th, 2005

or vital tapes went missing at Hillsborough.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 2, 2015, 09:19:43 pm »

Count me in as one of them, i am amazed Barak is still alive

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: March 2, 2015, 09:53:11 pm »

Well isn't that a surprise, not.

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #238 on: March 3, 2015, 02:16:21 am »
Kasparov not messing about re. who he thinks is responsible.

One thing I can't work out from the video; where does the killer come from in the video?
Was he in the garbage van or something?
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: March 3, 2015, 07:50:44 am »
Kasparov not messing about re. who he thinks is responsible.

One thing I can't work out from the video; where does the killer come from in the video?
Was he in the garbage van or something?

His girlfriend said they came from the stairwell which was behind them. The killer then escaped in a car.

I don't exactly blame Kasparov for thinking that as he has seen quite a few of his colleagues dying in mysterious circumstances.
« Last Edit: March 3, 2015, 07:55:16 am by jillc »