Author Topic: Triathlons  (Read 32872 times)

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Triathlons
« Reply #240 on: July 6, 2018, 08:33:31 am »
Its not only you Jay, not having the greatest year training either. Its mad because the weather couldn't be better. I do ride my bike, but it should be a lot more. Maybe ease off, see the race as a fun thing to do with mates instead of chasing results, and do more of the things you like doing.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
  • We must all at least Tri
« Reply #241 on: July 8, 2018, 07:39:52 pm »
Its not only you Jay, not having the greatest year training either. Its mad because the weather couldn't be better. I do ride my bike, but it should be a lot more. Maybe ease off, see the race as a fun thing to do with mates instead of chasing results, and do more of the things you like doing.
Are or were you training for a specific event Julie?

Oh you'll not be in the least bit surprised to know that my swim let me down AGAIN yesterday!!! If only I can get that sorted out I could be competitive, it is soooo frustrating! It was an 800m swim & not a 750m too for some reason.
I finished 2nd in my age group & 23rd overall so once again I feel like I've lost £20 but found a tenner!

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: July 8, 2018, 08:38:49 pm »
If you finished 2nd you are competetive already!!

But I know what you mean, I'm often in the top 5 of my races, but yet very far away from the top. And yeah, training for cross season and a couple of other events. No swimming involved, just mud!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
  • We must all at least Tri
« Reply #243 on: July 8, 2018, 10:20:37 pm »
I've always fancied giving cross a go, I've done the next closest thing I think in a xcountry duathlon a couple of years ago but just never seem to get the chance!
Do you wear clip in shoes or flats? I don't think I would be able to do it clipped in especially having to get off quickly!

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: July 9, 2018, 08:22:28 am »
I've always fancied giving cross a go, I've done the next closest thing I think in a xcountry duathlon a couple of years ago but just never seem to get the chance!
Do you wear clip in shoes or flats? I don't think I would be able to do it clipped in especially having to get off quickly!

MTB-style clipless pedals. There are usually lots of steep ramps and sharp accelarations, and clipless make that easier. You could deffo do a first race one flats tho, just use a shoe with a grippy sole or studs, because usually its extremly muddy! I did my first race with footie boots for astro ;D
Cross is super easy to try, just turn up for a local race with your bike (a MTB will do), sign up on the day, everyone is really friendly. I can't remember where you're based, but let me know and I'll find out what your local league is. First race is usually in September.

Offline wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #245 on: July 15, 2019, 02:29:04 pm »
On the off chance has anybody had the priority ironman bolton email if u completed an ironman last year if so can you please pm me the link thanks