Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2789218 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Is there any precedent for stripping teams of titles for breaching FFP? I don’t think there is.

They can keep their grubby titles for all I care. It makes it even sweeter that this year we have not only beaten the richest club ever, we have beaten the richest club ever even though it is cheating.

Trying to think, but don't think anyone has been stripped of titles, most clubs got was docked points & or fined that season, like Saracens Rugby this season, but Saracens haven't been stripped of their titles, quite a few clubs have breached Rugby Leagues Super League salary cap over the years but have only got docked points &, or fined, but not stripped of any titles.

Personally i think their should be an asterisk next to City's titles, won by cheating FFP. ;)
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
A couple of Paddy Powers tweets on the ban, well they amused me so thought I’d share.

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1228392293931065344?s=21

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1228396748873314304?s=21

Calls for a special edition of fan denial. ;D
#Sausages

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
They cooked their books and falsely submitted them to authorities, knowingly.  This allowed them to compete at an unfair level which defrauded other clubs of earnings for Champions League,place finished, etc. How is that not a financial crime? And what about defrauding the government of tax revenue?

Wouldn't they be inflating revenues which would potentially mean more tax revenue for the Gov? 

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
CAS will reduce the sentence to 1 year or less and De Bruyne won't be going to Madrid.  Zidane wants Pogba.  ::)

There must be a reason for CAS to do so and, we don't know the details yet, but this does not look very likely.

Also, if you look in City statement... it sounds BS. The judges panel of 5 are independent, highly respected judges. For City to say these are biased is clearly a total PR strategy, but clear non-sens.

My bet, CAS upholds 2 year ban.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 01:13:30 am by Gainsbarre »
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Again. City can't appeal to CAS yet, they have to appeal to UEFA first[who could increase the ban & or fine ;D], they can only appeal to CAS once they've exhausted all appeals to UEFA.
#Sausages

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Is there any precedent for stripping teams of titles for breaching FFP? I don’t think there is.

They can keep their grubby titles for all I care. It makes it even sweeter that this year we have not only beaten the richest club ever, we have beaten the richest club ever even though it is cheating.

Didn’t Marseille cheat and bribe their way to the CL in 1993. Subsequently demoted from the French 1st division but still held onto their CL title I think. Obviously different times and different rules have been broken but seems unlikely they’ll be stripped of league titles
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Trying to think, but don't think anyone has been stripped of titles, most clubs got was docked points & or fined that season, like Saracens Rugby this season, but Saracens haven't been stripped of their titles, quite a few clubs have breached Rugby Leagues Super League salary cap over the years but have only got docked points &, or fined, but not stripped of any titles.

Personally i think their should be an asterisk next to City's titles, won by cheating FFP. ;)
Yep, the asterisk would do me. Mind you, even if there isn't one, there actually will always be one in the minds of all genuine fans of the sport.

The genie is out of the bottle forever now. Their titles are tainted, so will always smell like long dead haddock.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
There must be a reason for CAS to do so and, we don't know the details yer, but this does not look very likely.

Also, if you look in City statement... it sounds BS. The judges panel of 5 are independent, highly respected judges. For City to say these are biased is clearly a total PR strategy, but clear non-sens.

My bet, CAS upholds 2 year ban.

I'm just going off past cases that have been sent to the CAS under appeal.  Almost always seem to come back with some sort of reduced sentence, with CAS deeming the sentencing too severe.  It's hard to draw any definitive conclusions, but I won't be holding my breath that the CAS decision will be to uphold UEFA's original decision. 

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Wonder how many Pity supporters will be travelling to Madrid to boo the UEFA anthem Feb 26th.

Then it will be full boo's Mar 17th at the Emptyhad.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Chavasse1917

• Legacy Fan
  • “Winning trophies has made me put on weight.”
Cue Pep in deranged mode running down the Anfield touchline, pointing two fingers in the sky. One for each year.
"Everything has an end...except a sausage, which has two".

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
Again. City can't appeal to CAS yet, they have to appeal to UEFA first[who could increase the ban & or fine ;D], they can only appeal to CAS once they've exhausted all appeals to UEFA.

I imagine that will all happen very quickly with all appeals given short shrift.  It's in everyones interest to move to CAS who tend to be the final arbiter in such cases.   

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Great idea from that loon...

Except, in the case of NYC, the MLS has a salary cap of $3m plus 3 designated players outside of the cap. So buying up all the talent will be tough, even with city’s creativity in off-book payments.
which is why the Arab states haven’t got into US sports as you can’t buy it like city and psg have

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Just need 6 more clubs to get banned and my team could be in CL next season.

It’s on !!

Lovin it bud.   :scarf :scarf :scarf

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Didn’t Marseille cheat and bribe their way to the CL in 1993. Subsequently demoted from the French 1st division but still held onto their CL title I think. Obviously different times and different rules have been broken but seems unlikely they’ll be stripped of league titles

They paid opposition players to throw games in the French League[i think their then owner got jail time for it too], they held the CL trophy after appeal but that win will always be tainted, Juventus were stripped of a couple of Serie A titles & relegated to Serie B over match fixing, the Lega Serie A have left the 04/05 title blank.
#Sausages

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
What I don't understand is why City would want to appeal. I mean I thought they didn't agree with decisions being checked for accuracy...?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
I'm just going off past cases that have been sent to the CAS under appeal.  Almost always seem to come back with some sort of reduced sentence, with CAS deeming the sentencing too severe.  It's hard to draw any definitive conclusions, but I won't be holding my breath that the CAS decision will be to uphold UEFA's original decision. 

That may be true in the past but no club have been accused and found GUILTY for the FFP breaches (actually, blatant cheating or financial FRAUD) at that level. City are the first. The question is on what proofs and how strong these are? Based on the verdict, the evidences are strong and City unwillingness to cooperate only make it worse for them.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 01:34:49 am by Gainsbarre »
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
it was likely because it was a French league game that was fixed, there was a Dynamo Kiev game I think where they got caught quite fast trying to bribe a ref in a CL game and got booted out for two years and got reduced to that one year

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
which is why the Arab states haven’t got into US sports as you can’t buy it like city and psg have

Yep, i think all US sports have a salary cap, plus most US sports have a draft, the worst teams in the league the previous season get high draft picks at the next draft.
#Sausages

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
Cue Pep in deranged mode running down the Anfield touchline, pointing two fingers in the sky. One for each year.

:lmao

geez, everytime someone invokes that image of pep on our touchline i always break into a chuckle, was fucking priceless, mr bean on speed

someone should defo do a gif along those lines, would be awesome
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bring back Peter Swales I say.

That was the end of the proper Manchester City F.C

And the sad state of affairs suggest most of the real fans of the club accept that things have gone downhill since.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ibF0wAXeb7M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ibF0wAXeb7M</a>
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
City fans have lost their minds.

The funniest thing is some of them actually think the rest of the football world will be so outraged they'll agree to join a breakaway league with Abu Dhabi for, uh, reasons. Most of them are just talking about 'going to war' however.

Off to NYC  ;D ;D Don’t they know that the MLS also has rules on how much you can pay players.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
A good summary of the facts to date but then supposition towards the end.

Given that City appealed to CAS after the recommendation of the IC was published, surely the conclusion is that they are approaching this in an extremely litigious manner and are therefore very likely to appeal any sporting ban to CAS.

City and their lawyers knew fully well that their 'appeal' against the IC's recommendation would come to nothing given that no punishment had been levied; merely a recommendation of one. The complaint to CAS was a warning shot of what is to come if a punitive verdict comes out of the AC.

I would also imagine that when the AC reaches its verdict, an extensive report will be produced which outlines the evidence and rationale for imposing the penalty (which I am convinced will be a financial one and not a sporting one).

100% the premature CAS appeal was a warning shot and UEFA knew this. I think the doubling of the recommended ban is return fire. Seems like there is enough steel in UEFA to see this through.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
100% the premature CAS appeal was a warning shot and UEFA knew this. I think the doubling of the recommended ban is return fire. Seems like there is enough steel in UEFA to see this through.

UEFA probably have the complete support of the major European 'Royalty' clubs as well.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
It was my birthday today and this was the best gift I could've been given. Yes, they might get the ban reduced to a year, but considering none of us thought they'd get anything at all, this is actually something. And the stench of the ban will linger over them forever. The question I have is, this investigation only covered until 2016, right? If so, there should be another assessment soon (it's every 3 years, if I read that right). We know damn well they broke the FFP between 2017 and 2020. So will they get banned again?

What a glorious birthday!
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
this is so satisfying
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Martin Samuel is on the payroll at City.

His latest article defending them is laughable, last year he was on Sunday Supplement bemoaning the FFP investigation against City.

Henry Winter also getting in on the act.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
Just wow!
Believer

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
Any City players we shall get from this exodus?
Believer

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Martin Samuel is on the payroll at City.

His latest article defending them is laughable, last year he was on Sunday Supplement bemoaning the FFP investigation against City.

He's a stupid tw@t. Can't believe he is defending the indefensible.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
That really helped...
Good article on FFP and City by Ed Thompson who has an FFP website

Does the Premier League have a view on this or is it UEFA's FFP rules alone that have been broken?

Re titles being stripped, the mere thought of being handed number 20 as we're winning number 19 made me chuckle at the incoming fume from both Manchester clubs.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Just need 6 more clubs to get banned and my team could be in CL next season.

It’s on !!
;D

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
I’m not one for oppositions boards, but I had to look at blue moon. They aren’t happy, and aren’t making much sense. I did like this one.

Fucking ingrates. Whilst we're considering FFP in all.its guises, let's have a look at who would have won the Premier League in the last 20 years if City hadn't come along to disrupt the cartel.

2000/1- united
2001/2 - Arsenal
2002/3 - united
2003/4 - Arsenal
2004/5 - Chelsea
2005/6 - Chelsea
2006/7 - united
2007/8 - united
2008/9 - united
2009/10 - Chelsea
2010/11 - united
2011/12 - united
2012/13 - united
2013/14 - liverpool
2014/15 - Chelsea
2015/16 - Leicester (God bless 'em)
2016/17 - Chelsea
2017/18 - united
2018/19 - liverpool
2019/20 - liverpool

Most competitive league in the world ? Essentially, without us 20 years of the same 4 Champions League clubs divvying up the title every year except one. And without sustained investment Leicester were fucked.

The Premier League should be down on bended knee thanking us for saving their shit show of a rigged "competition".

So that’s five teams winning it in the last twenty years without City. But with them it’s six teams, because of us this season...so that puts us on the same level as Leicester, surely? God bless us.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
City fans have collectively lost the plot. Bluemoon is a hoot as half of them seem to think that there is a conspiracy of sorts that is driving the whole thing.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
i can't see the best player ever Phil Foden remaining there long after this.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
City fans have collectively lost the plot. Bluemoon is a hoot as half of them seem to think that there is a conspiracy of sorts that is driving the whole thing.

Interesting that they they think that everyone else is corrupt and no thought whatsoever that their club is actually the corrupt one. I find it fascinating how far they’re capable to think it’s others who are in the wrong. Like they’re angry that others won’t let them cheat. Hasn’t clubs been relegated for this earlier?

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
Hopefully the corrupted Arabs will leave sports alone for good!
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
The only way this gets better is if the ban is increased after appeal.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan

It’s a conspiraceh!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 06:48:35 am by Jm55 »