Author Topic: Chameleon 2019 - Day One. (sponsored by google)  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Chameleon 2019 - Day One. (sponsored by google)
« on: March 12, 2019, 11:20:38 am »
Not sure why google is autocorrecting Cheltenham as Chameleon in the thread title, but not the body, but fair play.

Mad weather... my grandad on my mum's side was an Irish drunk degenerate gambler who supported Everton and was always open about his love of the gigi's.

Always said when it's wet, go for Irish and heavy set. But then, you hear of people saying the opposite... When it's soft, go for light horses who have staying power.

Anyhow, good weather day for outsider EWs?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 11:53:37 am by Kidder. »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chameleon 2019. (sponsored by google)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 11:31:01 am »
JJ Codd on Le Breuil to bring home the bacon in the last race

I love Codd at Cheltenham but I actually fancy the horse no matter who was riding it. So having the very best amateur jockey (could be pro but he doesn't want it) on-board is a big bonus

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: Chameleon 2019. (sponsored by google)
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 11:49:49 am »

I love Codd at Cheltenham but I actually fancy the horse no matter who was riding it. So having the very best amateur jockey (could be pro but he doesn't want it) on-board is a big bonus

Going for E/W outsiders all day me mate with this weather - big heavy Irish fuckers on the handicaps. Shite strategy, I know, but I think when it is like this, and with some bookies offering places for 5 places in the biggies, little triads and shit.

Dunno... not a fantastic gambler myself, but growing up I worked near a bookies and I always remember the auld fellas saying to go heavy and Irish when it is wet.

Only ever really throw on the festivals myself, but Aramon in the 13:30 at 14/1 is a heavy set but hasn't ran a soft ground nor Cheltenham for a while; think I'm gonna go on £50 E/W and £10 on Fakir DOudairies as the more lighter Irish horses Paddy O'B on board and has raced a lot of soft with a first-place finish here in January.

Pretty surprised at the lack of Free Bet offers and the likes - anyone seen any this year?

I never do the tipster competition for some reason - I dunno why, but always prefer to hear folks' ups and downs in the daily threads and I dunno... totes or prediction tables always curse me. I always end up just going with public opinion and you can't beat a nice E/W double/treble on a soft day.

Anyhow, good luck all. Personally gonna be going for it race-by-race and try to see how the markets play out and it's gonna be an interesting day. As I say, seems horrid to say, but could see a few fallers and with the recent flu outbreak... do you think it is possible that Irish horses could have the advantage with this weather on the handicaps, the recent British flu outbreak (any adverse effects from the treatment(s)?), they have a good record here...

Dunno, seems a good strategy to me mate. Would be interested to hear other folks' betting strategies...

« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 11:53:07 am by Kidder. »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chameleon 2019 - Day One. (sponsored by google)
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 12:01:14 pm »
On Aramon myself mate

Ridiculous price for one of Mullins horses that was only beaten by a head last time out by stablemate that also runs in this race, Klassical Dream.

Klassical dream is 5/1

To be fair though that race was on good ground.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 12:11:13 pm »
On Aramon myself mate

Ridiculous price for one of Mullins horses that was only beaten by a head last time out by stablemate that also runs in this race, Klassical Dream.

Klassical dream is 5/1

To be fair though that race was on good ground.

Yep, I wouldn't bet against Klassical Dream to be honest mate... I'm a bit supertitious myself and what year did Annie Power fall?

I dunno if it was that year, (that is to say, I bet on her on the good year) but I got a free £5 bet that year and did an E/W quad, came in at £400 or something. But, I bet on the favourite... Hmm, gonna have a look and see what trainer has had the highest priced E/W outsiders in the first and go as an outsider too.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 12:19:58 pm »
That sky looks fucking rancid there mate - defo reckon it's a day for big E/W bets...

Weird how different mindsets work... Just been talking about it being perfect weather for the bookies.. both Irish and English commentators agreed that it is gonna be an interesting day.

Elimay 4:10 (13222-2), 20/1 gotta be worth a tenner E/EW... Might double it up with another big field handicap race tomorrow...

That 14:50 is going to be a cesspit - race to steer clear of in any accas for me that; this years killer.

Gonna go for this triad as an outsider just for a bit of fun:

12th Mar CHELTENHAM 14:10 NOVICES' CHASE 1m 7f 199y - Each Way
8. Lalor
5/1
E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 3 Places
12th Mar CHELTENHAM 14:50 HANDICAP CHASE 3m 1f 0y - Each Way
6. Mister Whitaker
15/2
E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 6 Places
12th Mar CHELTENHAM 13:30 NOVICES' HURDLE 2m 0f 87y - Each Way
15. Thomas Darby

Gonna look at something with Klassical Dream. Maybe Klassical Dream to beat Al Dancer. Or the reverse. Ha!. Who knows on a day like this.

Novibet have a 100% upto £25 bonus... might throw a 25 double on AL Dancer and Glen Forsa as a cover.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 01:40:47 pm by Kidder. »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 07:55:54 pm »

Your welcome

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 07:57:56 pm »
Ha... You're one of a kind our kid... Made of horseshoes.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 10:41:30 pm »
Your welcome

Just fancied a random bet in the last and backed this cos you're always banging on about JJ so cheers mate. Very nice win

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 12:04:30 am »
Just fancied a random bet in the last and backed this cos you're always banging on about JJ so cheers mate. Very nice win

Count yourself lucky - I threw on some really daft bets and then fell asleep for this race and missed it completely.

Kicking myself. Cheers Pete! Well gutted I missed it.  :butt

Continually on 11,420.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2019, 09:00:28 am »
Anyone got thoughts on today? Another day for the outsiders?

I'm sticking my risk free bet with SkyBet on Easy Game in the first. Not a clue for the rest of the day.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2019, 09:10:20 am »
Really not sure on today. Altior and Tiger Roll I'm definitely having a flutter on, but its hard to call today.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2019, 05:27:31 pm »
A few decent wins today. Had my Bet365 £50 on Topofthegame, the free £50 on Politologue EW at 25/1, and a decent return on a couple of yankees and specials
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT