Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 754723 times)

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #3040 on: August 22, 2019, 02:12:04 pm »

He’d not only torn his anterior cruciate ligament, but also ruptured his lateral collateral ligament too. His medial ligament was damaged, while his lateral hamstring tendon had been torn clean off the bone. It was, Massey told him, about as bad as it gets.

Wow. That sounds horrible. A complete car crash of an injury. I would think we'll still need be careful with him as he begins playing regular competitive football over the next few months? Probably unlikely we'll see him doing back to back 90 minutes midweek/weekend?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3041 on: August 22, 2019, 02:18:08 pm »
Wow. That sounds horrible. A complete car crash of an injury. I would think we'll still need be careful with him as he begins playing regular competitive football over the next few months? Probably unlikely we'll see him doing back to back 90 minutes midweek/weekend?

The club has been careful with him through out the entire process. We didn't play in midweek, we played last Saturday, so he has a week in between. The club isn't going to push him if he isn't feeling right

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #3042 on: August 22, 2019, 02:28:11 pm »
Unsurprisingly, his attitude throughout all of this seems to have been top notch.

It was great to see him back in midfield on Saturday. There was a moment early in the match where he picked up the ball and had a run at Southampton's backline, something we rarely saw last season from our midfielders. It's hard to think of a midfielder out there who has the kind of pace he does, coupled with his pressing ability. AIUnderPressure (@AIUnderPressure) on Twitter posted some of his pressing numbers earlier this week for those interested. Over the course of the match, he had 14 presses that led to possession wins, which is the third most for a player since Klopp took over as manager, and won possession off of Hojbjerg 6 of the 8 times he pressed him. Impressive to say the least, especially for his start in midfield since the injury.

He was genuinely one of the best midfielders in the league over that 3 month span in the second half of 17/18, so hopefully he can get back to his best with time.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3043 on: August 22, 2019, 02:49:27 pm »
He also played a great ball for Salah which if it had resulted in a goal, would have meant rapturous reviews for Ox, and an enshrinement of something specific and measurable that he brings to the midfield. Loads more of that to come, hopefully.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3044 on: August 22, 2019, 03:19:17 pm »
The guy has an elite mentality and you can tell he's a big personality in the dressing room. Love his attitude and you could see the drive in him from when he was still at Arsenal, it was one of the main reasons i was adamant he would be a great signing

Offline Gutzon Borglum

• Kopite
« Reply #3045 on: August 22, 2019, 04:11:59 pm »
I just hope we can get back the pre-injury Ox this season, there will be a moment where it clicks. He is the perfect midfielder for his role in this team I just hope a full recovery is possible.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3046 on: August 22, 2019, 04:14:50 pm »
Fucking hell... His knee is all rebuilt by technology - Alex "Borg" Oxlade Chamberlain.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3047 on: August 22, 2019, 06:21:25 pm »
Not surprised - there were Physios with public profiles who said as much
Given what you’ve seen and know what are the chances of him getting back to his former level.... I know it’s speculation but do you have a view?
Felt like it was impossible but seeing him play it looks like it might be - assuming it won’t be a linear recovery?
Given the level of his injury, his performance against Southampton was genuinely astonishing.  I can’t believe he’s walking properly let alone performing at that level.

Klopps comments on his running looking so natural make more sense now having read that too.

He’s clearly going to improve as he gets fitter, I’d be most worried about reoccurrence of injury myself..

Still, that he played at all is something to behold
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3048 on: August 22, 2019, 06:25:56 pm »
I’d be most worried about reoccurrence of injury myself..

Why?

Not surprised - there were Physios with public profiles who said as much
Given what you’ve seen and know what are the chances of him getting back to his former level.... I know it’s speculation but do you have a view?
Felt like it was impossible but seeing him play it looks like it might be - assuming it won’t be a linear recovery?

No idea. I've never come across an injury as bad as this and have someone return to sport so couldn't even make a guess. He's in the best environment for it though.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3049 on: August 22, 2019, 06:32:30 pm »
Why?

Because I have no idea what I’m taking about ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3050 on: August 22, 2019, 06:59:14 pm »
Because I have no idea what I’m taking about ;D

Finally, you've come to your senses

;D

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3051 on: August 22, 2019, 07:01:33 pm »
Just announced he’s signed a new deal ... bit leftfield!!

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #3052 on: August 22, 2019, 07:02:22 pm »

He plays on the right as well ;D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3053 on: August 22, 2019, 07:14:08 pm »
Perhaps an indication they’re confident he can get back to his previous level
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #3054 on: August 22, 2019, 07:20:24 pm »
Perhaps an indication they’re confident he can get back to his previous level
Agreed. I can't see why we would give him a new deal unless we think he's still able to perform at the top level.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3055 on: August 22, 2019, 07:22:16 pm »
It’s been in the pipe line for ages.

Essentially it’s a years extension to make up for the year he missed.  A good sign the club are confident in his his recovery I guess.
W

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3056 on: August 22, 2019, 07:27:40 pm »
It’s been in the pipe line for ages.

Essentially it’s a years extension to make up for the year he missed.  A good sign the club are confident in his his recovery I guess.
Thought he signed a years extension last season is this not a second extension?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3057 on: August 22, 2019, 07:31:47 pm »
Thought he signed a years extension last season is this not a second extension?
No, this is it.
W

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3058 on: August 22, 2019, 07:36:56 pm »

Told you he was signing a new deal months ago.

Pleased it's done. Cracking player.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3059 on: August 22, 2019, 07:37:54 pm »
And on the question of his fitness... he didn’t miss a session in preseason.  With that injury, it’s simply incredible
W

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3060 on: August 22, 2019, 07:54:45 pm »
No, this is it.
Ah ok, makes a bit more sense, memory obviously playing tricks on me thought the original mention of this back in April was longer ago

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #3061 on: August 22, 2019, 08:11:10 pm »
Get in, Ox! Really chuffed about this and the way he's looking on the field. He adds a different dynamic, and set of balls to the rest of the team, imho.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3062 on: August 22, 2019, 08:33:58 pm »
Great news, love the guy
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3063 on: August 22, 2019, 09:14:51 pm »
Reading that article, even though he didn’t play a minute, the lad deserves a champions League winners medal for coming through all that and still being the character he is. 

Nothing but respect for him, I’d have been a properly sulky twat.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3064 on: August 22, 2019, 09:15:50 pm »
happy with this, hopefully we see the Ox in devastating form soon

Offline davealexred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3065 on: August 22, 2019, 09:55:59 pm »
Like a new signing.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3066 on: August 22, 2019, 10:11:48 pm »
And on the question of his fitness... he didn’t miss a session in preseason.  With that injury, it’s simply incredible

His attitude and commitment to rehab should be a case study.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3067 on: August 22, 2019, 10:12:02 pm »
Reading that article, even though he didn’t play a minute, the lad deserves a champions League winners medal for coming through all that and still being the character he is. 

Nothing but respect for him, I’d have been a properly sulky twat.

He was a named substitute so got a medal?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3068 on: August 22, 2019, 10:24:53 pm »
The hamstring repair sounds incredible.  I’ve never heard of that in professional football before.

He did get a medal, but o better the super cup one meant more as he played in it.
W

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #3069 on: August 23, 2019, 12:44:31 am »
I think what has been very important in this whole process has been the patience displayed by Klopp/club and the attitude shown by Ox.
Its about 16 months since the injury and finally he is back. There might have been temptation to push him end of last season by other clubs/coaches but this has been managed really well.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #3070 on: August 23, 2019, 02:39:05 am »
"Like it never happened" contract extension is brilliant.

Now its right back to the day he came in from arsenal imo. 2nd half of this year hes gonna start to light it up again in some serious way. Be choppy gains from here to there is my prediction.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3071 on: August 23, 2019, 06:24:55 am »
Liverpool were given 40 medals, so I surely hope he got one of those.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3072 on: August 23, 2019, 07:30:16 am »
Happy about the new deal. Glad to see him doing so well after his knee injury

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #3073 on: August 23, 2019, 09:33:14 am »
Great news.. Klopp wants a song for the lad.

“And who knows, maybe this is the season we hear the Kop sing an Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain song? I can tell you it would mean a lot to me and the boys to hear that, let alone him!”

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3074 on: August 23, 2019, 06:03:27 pm »
Great news.. Klopp wants a song for the lad.

Version of the Icelandic Thunderclap, but saying "Ox!" instead of "Uh!" would be good.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3075 on: August 23, 2019, 06:03:56 pm »
If he cant get back to his level before the Roma injury then hes the missing piece for me.

He gives us that link between midfield and attack that we dont always get from our other midfielders.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3076 on: August 23, 2019, 06:06:00 pm »
Version of the Icelandic Thunderclap, but saying "Ox!" instead of "Uh!" would be good.

It would be one of the shittest songs/chants that we've ever had for a player

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3077 on: August 24, 2019, 07:27:58 pm »
Not very surprising given how long he was out, but he looks pretty far off his pre injury level
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3078 on: August 24, 2019, 07:30:05 pm »
Not very surprising given how long he was out, but he looks pretty far off his pre injury level

He played out wide. He isn't going to do much there.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3079 on: August 24, 2019, 07:30:06 pm »
Just play him in midfield.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.