Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1399518 times)

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #5880 on: February 21, 2019, 12:03:59 pm »
You don't tend to see it show up in form and performances until April.  This is when our warm weather training will really start to reap dividends and City's players will be tired and red lining.  Until then, we wait. 

What? You mean for the next month our players won't be at their best? Wait till April and it's city's. Lets keep it simple, win every game and at the end of the season we can all chat about fitness etc.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #5881 on: February 21, 2019, 12:05:50 pm »
What? You mean for the next month our players won't be at their best? Wait till April and it's city's. Lets keep it simple, win every game and at the end of the season we can all chat about fitness etc.

It's fine, City are planning on a warm weather camp in a couple of weeks so that they're ready for May.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #5882 on: February 21, 2019, 12:08:46 pm »
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5883 on: February 21, 2019, 12:13:29 pm »

That definitely keeps it more simple.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #5884 on: February 21, 2019, 12:28:01 pm »
Yeah it's a load of rubbish. Playing a few extra games in the League Cup and FA Cup, albeit against weak opponents, hasn't impacted their form at all. And Guardiola went with a strong lineup in each of those games as well. It hasnt impacted Spurs' league form either and they have a paper thin squad. Neither of them look dead on their feet.
You don't tend to see it show up in form and performances until April.  This is when our warm weather training will really start to reap dividends and City's players will be tired and red lining.  Until then, we wait. 
That's just complete speculation, or wishful thinking.
"During periods where the schedule is particularly congested (i.e. two matches per week over several weeks), the recovery time between two successive matches can be between 2 and 4 days, which may be insufficient to restore normal homeostasis."
http://www.aspetar.com/journal/viewarticle.aspx?id=180#.XG6VY6L7Sig

Too many games absolutely does have an effect, and it's likely to be a worse effect the longer it goes on for, and it's very clear that the kind of schedule City in particular are facing falls into that critical '2-4 days' recovery time phase, a schedule that will be (assuming they stay in the CL) pretty relentless for them until the end of the season.

Shall we google some stuff about warm weather training and see what comes up? I don't know much about it, so we can find out more together...

https://ridefullgas.com/news-archive/5-benefits-of-warm-weather-training-in-winter/
"As the ex-head of British Cycling, Peter Keen, once said: “The bottom line is that the body does not get fitter through exercise. It gets fitter through recovery”.

https://www.sportscoverdirect.com/scd-blog/2015/10/30/warm-weather-training-benefits/
"During the winter we often see media reports about people suffering from a lack of vitamin D, especially amongst those that do not get enough sunlight, which is a natural source. Research has suggested not only that a lack of vitamin D can lead to sporting injuries but that the vitamin can actually improve muscle strength, speed, stamina and reaction time.

It is often said that a change is as good as a break and many of the benefits of warm weather training are psychological. I have already mentioned how it is easier to be motivated when the sun is shining but there are other benefits. Training away from the normal routine and away from work and other responsibilities can give athletes the space to refocus on their goals and objectives. Often athletes suffer from a mid-winter lull but exploring new training rides and meeting new people can give an athlete a much needed boost."

So, as well as the bit about recovery times (the bits which directly contradict your post about lots of games having no effect), we're talking about thinks like extra vitamin D, lower risk of injury and psychological benefits - less stress, change of environment etc etc.

Do these all sound like things that you're going to see immediately? Like 1 extra match in the weak = shit performance in next match? Or do they sound like things that are felt more over time, with increased injuries, players losing motivation, players being unable to recover from niggly injuries etc etc?

And if they're things that you're likely to see over time, do you think that you're more likely to see the benefit during a short term spell of 'form' or over a longer term, like, say, looking back at the end of the season?

He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5885 on: February 21, 2019, 12:47:22 pm »
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #5886 on: February 21, 2019, 12:54:10 pm »
We played Chelsea, who were basically out of the title race, bang in the middle of their semi final legs against Bayern. So no, that theory does not hold up.

There's a massive difference between what I'm talking about, which is a run of a number of games (over a dozen in this case), and what you're talking about which is just a single game. What I'm talking about is not even a theory, it's totally obvious. I didn't say anything special. Man City losing in the L16 that year totally helped them focus on placing all their energy on the league. Seeing how close it was in the end (fill in the blanks).

Now, for something more complicated, regarding that Chelsea example you noted. It's actually the opposite of what you're saying. Even though Chelsea won - Jose Mourinho played an extremely changed line-up, sat back with a double-decker bus and the onus was on us to win the game and we shot ourselves in the foot. In any case you don't expect any team to win every single game. Mourinho was actually happy with a draw and that draw would've suited us and his friend Rodgers to still win the title.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 12:55:58 pm by SteveZissou »
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5887 on: February 21, 2019, 01:18:23 pm »
Cracking post there HBHR.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #5888 on: February 21, 2019, 01:29:53 pm »
"As the ex-head of British Cycling, Peter Keen, once said: “The bottom line is that the body does not get fitter through exercise. It gets fitter through recovery”.

That's why I tend to avoid exercise and live my life in recovery mode. I'm still not getting fitter though.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5889 on: February 21, 2019, 01:31:23 pm »
Have a gut feeling we'll need to win Man Utd away in the next game in order to get the momentum needed to win this title race. This feeling is based on nothing but instinct, but it really feels to me like Sunday's game will be a pivotal moment in this title race. Feels like we need a big "moment" to get the type of momentum back we had around December.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 01:36:15 pm by Midget »

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5890 on: February 21, 2019, 01:40:04 pm »
Have a gut feeling we'll need to win Man Utd away in the next game in order to get the momentum needed to win this title race. This feeling is based on nothing but instinct, but it really feels to me like Sunday's game will be a pivotal moment in this title race. Feels like we need a big "moment" to get the type of momentum back we had around December.

I have that feeling too. But I have a bigger feeling that the key game is actually Everton away. We can still be top with a draw at Old Trafford, but if we beat Everton away that would easily create the feel-good factor and momentum we require going into the last 9 league games.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5891 on: February 21, 2019, 01:46:26 pm »
Its not about gaining momentum, momentum wont win us games otherwise we'd have won it all in 13/14. We need to show our quality to try and win 10 of the next 12 at least.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5892 on: February 21, 2019, 01:49:13 pm »
A win at United will probably drive us though the title, so bring it on!
Believer

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5893 on: February 21, 2019, 01:55:44 pm »
One win against them does not equal winning the title. We beat them on our run in 13/14 and in the end it brought nothing. It's not just this match, its every match until the end of the season.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5894 on: February 21, 2019, 02:06:33 pm »
One win against them does not equal winning the title. We beat them on our run in 13/14 and in the end it brought nothing. It's not just this match, its every match until the end of the season.
This win does not equal winning the title for sure, but this match is so psychological important, win or lose would probably have a critical factor to the title race. On paper it is our toughest game left and beating rival away is a huge morale boost, while losing to them would hand the initiative City so it would be really devastated.
Believer

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #5895 on: February 21, 2019, 02:07:06 pm »
30 points from our remaining games should see us through.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5896 on: February 21, 2019, 02:15:57 pm »
This Sundays game is only important because it's the next game.  The title wont be won or lost this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5897 on: February 21, 2019, 02:20:49 pm »
This win does not equal winning the title for sure, but this match is so psychological important, win or lose would probably have a critical factor to the title race. On paper it is our toughest game left and beating rival away is a huge morale boost, while losing to them would hand the initiative City so it would be really devastated.

And again we beat City,United,Spurs,Arsenal in our run in, all rivals, especially after we beat City, and whatever psychological boost it gave us was not enough. At the end of the day,a morale boost can only give you so much and the games against the likes of Leicester and West Ham for instance are just as important.

Football isn't played on paper as you already know so it's a moot point. Win the match absolutely, but too much is made out of the ''morale boost''. I want us to win for confidence sakes for our title run, but it guarantees absolutely nothing against Watford,Everton,etc...

We also beat United 4-1 at Old Trafford in 2009 when we were fighting for the title with them, in fact we beat them twice that year, it meant sweet fck all as we drew 12 matches that year and only lost two games.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5898 on: February 21, 2019, 02:22:45 pm »

When we beat city 3-2 with barely a handful of games to go in 2014 they didn't allow themselves to become devastated. They just ground out wins, and waited for their moment. I desperately want us to win this weekend, but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater if we don't. Calm heads are what are going to prevail this year, amidst an insanely competitive race. I've seen enough from this squad and manager to believe we have our heads in the right place. Let's make sure we do as fans too.

Offline ManéManéMané

• Always sunné. In the rich man's world.....all the things I could do if had a little Mané.....
  • Main Stander
  • anchor.fm/koponpodcast
    • Kop On!
« Reply #5899 on: February 21, 2019, 02:40:08 pm »
When we beat city 3-2 with barely a handful of games to go in 2014 they didn't allow themselves to become devastated. They just ground out wins, and waited for their moment. I desperately want us to win this weekend, but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater if we don't. Calm heads are what are going to prevail this year, amidst an insanely competitive race. I've seen enough from this squad and manager to believe we have our heads in the right place. Let's make sure we do as fans too.

I totally agree. I heard someone say today "there's no way we'd come back from a defeat against United". There are several, actually!

For all the Guardiola-is-the-greatest nonsense floating around the world today, they've still lost four times this season. Anyone can beat them when they're on a bad day. They will drop points, and if we lose, we'd be level on points with them.

We're gonna win anyway, like...

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5900 on: February 21, 2019, 03:10:07 pm »
I've heard an awful lot in the last week or so about how important this game is because pf Psychological impact it will have on us, City. Infact its taken over from the "bottled it" rubbish, but I can't believe it one little bit.
Fella said to me last night if we in this it will hit City for six. I'm sorry, but you're talking about a mentally strong team and manager who won't let that impact what they do one little bit
Listen, winning the league takes a strong mentality, very strong, you can't live by the one game at a time mantra one minute then next think if win, lose or draw that game it has a lasting effect on the next games, let alone impact someone else.
I've never believed the one game at a time line until this season. I always thought it was just a line trotted out. But its about mentality, its about conditioning players to focus.
If we beat Utd I'll be celebrating, but I won't for 1 second think it means the title is ours. This game is abut beating Utd, 3 points, 1 game less to go. Nothing else.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5901 on: February 21, 2019, 03:12:15 pm »
I've heard an awful lot in the last week or so about how important this game is because pf Psychological impact it will have on us, City. Infact its taken over from the "bottled it" rubbish, but I can't believe it one little bit.
Fella said to me last night if we in this it will hit City for six. I'm sorry, but you're talking about a mentally strong team and manager who won't let that impact what they do one little bit
Listen, winning the league takes a strong mentality, very strong, you can't live by the one game at a time mantra one minute then next think if win, lose or draw that game it has a lasting effect on the next games, let alone impact someone else.
I've never believed the one game at a time line until this season. I always thought it was just a line trotted out. But its about mentality, its about conditioning players to focus.
If we beat Utd I'll be celebrating, but I won't for 1 second think it means the title is ours. This game is abut beating Utd, 3 points, 1 game less to go. Nothing else.

Nut.shell.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #5902 on: February 21, 2019, 03:49:48 pm »

Good post.

The 'one game at a time' approach is crucial. It's how Liverpool always won titles. It's trotted out so much because it is true.

Fans of the game seem to have lost touch with this approach and everything now is all about boom or bust, triumph or disaster, total glory or abject failure. The media is to blame for much of that because they have to sensationalise every single moment, every game and every twist. As fans we can get caught up in all that and get lost in it. But players need to keep their heads clear of all that and focus on the only part of the season they can directly influence: namely the 90 minutes in front of them at any given stage.

Players have to put all their focus and energy into winning over that 90 minutes or so. Once that game is gone, be it a win, loss or draw, the focus goes solely on the next 90 minutes. It's all about focus and mentality. One step at a time, all the time. The focus always on what you can directly influence - the current 90 mins. You have to believe in your manager. Believe in your own ability and the ability of your fellow teammates and all pull together, game after game.

Single games only wreck your season (at this stage) if you let them. If the collective mentality of your team is fragile, setbacks will kill you. But if the mentality is strong you can learn from a defeat without it eating away at you. You can then box it off and move on to the next 90. A football league season can be looked at like a series of 38 jobs towards building a house. You don't worry over the roof while laying the foundations, you simply concentrate on the foundations. You get each job done to the best of your ability and you focus on one job at a time. In football, you have to do your job 90 minutes at a time. You also don't give a crap about who you are playing. All that matters is 3 points. If we win at the weekend, it's 3 points. Not a title win. Just 3 points. If we don't, well we will get straight back on the bike in the following game, because we are a strong club/team and our mentality is growing stronger all the time.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 03:51:22 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5903 on: February 21, 2019, 04:10:13 pm »
Good post.

The 'one game at a time' approach is crucial. It's how Liverpool always won titles. It's trotted out so much because it is true.

Fans of the game seem to have lost touch with this approach and everything now is all about boom or bust, triumph or disaster, total glory or abject failure. The media is to blame for much of that because they have to sensationalise every single moment, every game and every twist. As fans we can get caught up in all that and get lost in it. But players need to keep their heads clear of all that and focus on the only part of the season they can directly influence: namely the 90 minutes in front of them at any given stage.

Players have to put all their focus and energy into winning over that 90 minutes or so. Once that game is gone, be it a win, loss or draw, the focus goes solely on the next 90 minutes. It's all about focus and mentality. One step at a time, all the time. The focus always on what you can directly influence - the current 90 mins. You have to believe in your manager. Believe in your own ability and the ability of your fellow teammates and all pull together, game after game.

Single games only wreck your season (at this stage) if you let them. If the collective mentality of your team is fragile, setbacks will kill you. But if the mentality is strong you can learn from a defeat without it eating away at you. You can then box it off and move on to the next 90. A football league season can be looked at like a series of 38 jobs towards building a house. You don't worry over the roof while laying the foundations, you simply concentrate on the foundations. You get each job done to the best of your ability and you focus on one job at a time. In football, you have to do your job 90 minutes at a time. You also don't give a crap about who you are playing. All that matters is 3 points. If we win at the weekend, it's 3 points. Not a title win. Just 3 points. If we don't, well we will get straight back on the bike in the following game, because we are a strong club/team and our mentality is growing stronger all the time.

Fantastic. Agree with every word mate. Totally agree on the media, its 24 x 7 they live and breathe by making every non story a story.
I'll tell you when it hit me about the one game at a time, Against Newcastle on the 27th Dec.
Straight forward victory, clean sheet, comfortable 4-0 win but there was a clip of the players walking off the pitch, a normal clip you've seen literally thousands of times. but there was a look on the faces I have never seen before. No smiles, no laughing, no messing and we were clear rat the top. It was look o concentration of not thinking this shit was easy, but kind of like "great result, but its over right who's next"
I'm sue everyone realised at one point or another we would make a title challenge. That was when I believed it. Since then I understood the game by game approach mentally.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #5904 on: February 21, 2019, 04:33:22 pm »
Its not about gaining momentum, momentum wont win us games otherwise we'd have won it all in 13/14. We need to show our quality to try and win 10 of the next 12 at least.
I think we'll need to win all of them.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5905 on: February 21, 2019, 05:05:43 pm »
I think we'll need to win all of them.
Even if City won all their games we'd 'only' need to win 11/12 providing the other is a draw.

Offline spinaltapped

• Flesh tuxedo?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Rico Suavez
« Reply #5906 on: February 21, 2019, 05:06:24 pm »
Three points from United is worth the same as three points from Fulham, but I think three points from United would prove the rumors of our title challenges' demise were premature.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5907 on: February 21, 2019, 05:15:52 pm »
I have to say, I'm enjoying completely switching off from mainstream media and the incessant stream of sensationalist bollocks that they spew.
I see references to some of it on here and am grateful for not having had to endure it first hand. The biggest need in all this is their need to fill pages and airtime. If more of us ignore it, it might eventually go away.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5908 on: February 21, 2019, 05:18:12 pm »
I have to say, I'm enjoying completely switching off from mainstream media and the incessant stream of sensationalist bollocks that they spew.
I see references to some of it on here and am grateful for not having had to endure it first hand. The biggest need in all this is their need to fill pages and airtime. If more of us ignore it, it might eventually go away.

I've generally avoided it recently as it's just incredibly toxic with this bottling the title stuff. Do however still listen to the Football Weekly podcast, today they all agreed Sunday would be the day City won 2 cups, with us losing to United, and City eventually finishing 7-8 points clear of us.  ::)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 05:20:19 pm by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5909 on: February 21, 2019, 05:28:23 pm »
I had a quick gander on f365's mediawtach, and was stunned to discover we lost 0-0!

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5910 on: February 21, 2019, 06:43:35 pm »
I've generally avoided it recently as it's just incredibly toxic with this bottling the title stuff. Do however still listen to the Football Weekly podcast, today they all agreed Sunday would be the day City won 2 cups, with us losing to United, and City eventually finishing 7-8 points clear of us.  ::)

While on Talksport this afternoon, that twat that is on with Gough had us losing to United, Spurs winning all their remaining games and winning the league.

I hope we see a world class performance against United to shut this shite up.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #5911 on: February 21, 2019, 06:50:45 pm »
Last season when City won the league they won at the Bridge, Spurs, OT and Emirates . By doing that they showed they have improved massively compared to the previous season and were ready to win the league.

We only won at Spurs this season and I think there's no getting away from the idea that in order to win the league you need to make at least one more big statement on the road against a big rival. If we are really good enough to finally win this bloody thing we have to go to OT and find a way to win. I think if City played there this weekend they would have done that and we'll just have to do the same.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5912 on: February 21, 2019, 07:08:08 pm »
If we are really good enough to finally win this bloody thing we have to go to OT and find a way to win. I think if City played there this weekend they would have done that and we'll just have to do the same.

No reason why we shouldn't win at OT. We are comfortably the better team. Their defense is terrible.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #5913 on: February 21, 2019, 07:08:39 pm »
Last season when City won the league they won at the Bridge, Spurs, OT and Emirates . By doing that they showed they have improved massively compared to the previous season and were ready to win the league.

We only won at Spurs this season and I think there's no getting away from the idea that in order to win the league you need to make at least one more big statement on the road against a big rival. If we are really good enough to finally win this bloody thing we have to go to OT and find a way to win. I think if City played there this weekend they would have done that and we'll just have to do the same.

They didn't win at OT last season.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #5914 on: February 21, 2019, 07:16:44 pm »
They didn't win at OT last season.

They did in a dour game at the start of the season, 2-1 I think. They lost to them at home, for once the phrase bottling it would be justifiable describing that game.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5915 on: February 21, 2019, 08:01:53 pm »

I agree to an extent but honestly if offered I would take a draw.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5916 on: February 21, 2019, 08:03:41 pm »

They didn't beat us. In 2008/2009 we beat United twice, we beat Chelsea twice, and we drew with Arsenal. Ultimately it meant sweet feck all in the end, as we dropped more points than United despite only having lost twice.

You don't need a statement win against a big rival to win the league. You need to pick up more points than your competitors.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5917 on: February 21, 2019, 08:04:35 pm »
No reason why we shouldn't win at OT. We are comfortably the better team. Their defense is terrible.

We've only won there twice in the last 10 years, and only 5 times in the last 19. We have a terrible record there. However ini 90% of those years, they've been the better side undoubtedly.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #5918 on: February 21, 2019, 08:15:18 pm »
Winning on Sunday is vitally important, for the fans.  It's 3 points at the end of the day, nothing more.  As has been pointed out, 3 points against united is the same as 3 points against any other side (except maybe spurs, if they're still in the reckoning when we play them).

The necessity to win on Sunday is there for the fans.  We want to beat united, of course we do.  We want to go three points clear at the top, of course we do.  If we win, it'll feel great, but nothing will be decided. Same if we draw, or if we lose.  Nothing will be decided on Sunday at Old Trafford.

But we all know how good it will feel when we get those three points.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline SteveZissou

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5919 on: February 21, 2019, 08:32:34 pm »

Yeah, I'm expecting Man City to beat United at Old Trafford and they'd also beat Spurs at the Emtihad. How I know? Cos I see how Pep's got them 200% switched on for these massive games this season. It's the easier games that they're slipping up. They are more likely to drop points against the likes of Crystal Palace, Leicester and Watford than United and Spurs.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 08:35:16 pm by SteveZissou »