Author Topic: David Moores  (Read 123365 times)

Offline Georgie

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: David Moores
« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2010, 06:48:49 pm »
I read on one of these threads on one forum that Parry was recently working for a consortium (middle eastern?) looking into buying or investing in the club.

Realistically he would be exactly the type of person they would want on board as he would know more about the workings of the club and its financial state than almost anyone.

Whether this is true or not I don't know- possibly he was bound by any financial settlement he received, that he must not work on behalf of anyone looking to buy into the club.?

I certainly believe he is still a close ally of Moores and Moores would not trust himself to talk to some 'pretty clued up' fans by himself. Parry was probably there as a minder as to what Moores could or could not agree to or say. If I was Moores that would be a very sensible decision.

Parry gets a terrible press on fora but he did not get to his position via the silver spoon or by being an idiot even if he didn't do the best of jobs for us.

Offline hiphopdj

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: January 31, 2010, 07:06:36 pm »
FACT
The other director was around 70 years old, snow white hair, dont know his name,  cant be arsed searching.

Think the other director was Noel White
For those of you watching in blue and white this is what a european cup looks like.

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #162 on: February 1, 2010, 09:54:15 am »
Came up yesterday on SS's Sunday Suppliment from one of the Journo's (never seen him on before) that he has it that the club will be getting £100mil investment from a middle eastern investor, he reckons it'll be announced later this week? about a week too late fro Rafa to use any of it (surprise surprise!)
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #163 on: February 1, 2010, 10:04:57 am »
Came up yesterday on SS's Sunday Suppliment from one of the Journo's (never seen him on before) that he has it that the club will be getting £100mil investment from a middle eastern investor, he reckons it'll be announced later this week? about a week too late fro Rafa to use any of it (surprise surprise!)
Not really a surprise though.  Any new investment will go towards existing debts to enable us to get another loan to start the stadium.
Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline will2003

• Legacy Fan
  • God and a Legend
« Reply #164 on: February 1, 2010, 10:07:34 am »
I can't remember where but i read  yesterday that Hicks could diloute his shares enough to make a 100m get up to 50% of the club!
"We gave the fans their pride - again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players." - Legend

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #165 on: February 1, 2010, 10:12:02 am »
it was on TIA and was quoting the notw so probably a figment of their imagination.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline incredibleL4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: February 1, 2010, 10:12:31 am »
If Moores wants to help the situation he should be having a quiet word with others who support LFC and who might be in a position to be part of a consortium to buy the club back.  This group should be ready to pick up the pieces if things get worse and the club comes under serious financial pressure.  I would feel also that this group should include ShareLFC (or some similar supporters trust) and that over a period of years this trust would buy up more and more of the club.

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #167 on: February 1, 2010, 10:12:32 am »
I can't remember where but i read  yesterday that Hicks could diloute his shares enough to make a 100m get up to 50% of the club!
Was that not 100 Million for 50% but you inherit 50% of the loan too which really makes prices the 50%  at 100 mill + half the outstanding debt?  Total being 230 mill?

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #168 on: February 1, 2010, 10:25:02 am »
I read on one of these threads on one forum that Parry was recently working for a consortium (middle eastern?) looking into buying or investing in the club.
Realistically he would be exactly the type of person they would want on board as he would know more about the workings of the club and its financial state than almost anyone.
Whether this is true or not I don't know- possibly he was bound by any financial settlement he received, that he must not work on behalf of anyone looking to buy into the club.?
I certainly believe he is still a close ally of Moores and Moores would not trust himself to talk to some 'pretty clued up' fans by himself. Parry was probably there as a minder as to what Moores could or could not agree to or say. If I was Moores that would be a very sensible decision.
Parry gets a terrible press on fora but he did not get to his position via the silver spoon or by being an idiot even if he didn't do the best of jobs for us.

There can be no doubt that P&M would be useful sources of informsation for anyone seeking to invest in the club.Although neither have a place in any future administration, not could I imagine anyone offering them an operating role.

Any idea that Moores needs Parry as a minder is misplaced.Moores is vastly experienced in his own right.They are both friends and it is unsurprising that they would probably wish to do any LFC related business together.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline will2003

• Legacy Fan
  • God and a Legend
« Reply #169 on: February 1, 2010, 01:58:57 pm »
Was that not 100 Million for 50% but you inherit 50% of the loan too which really makes prices the 50%  at 100 mill + half the outstanding debt?  Total being 230 mill?

It didnt going into detail only that Hicks and Gillett were lowering their value.

This could be the reason Dumb and Dumber are trying to stick around and think we are worth 500 mil.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8490351.stm

Champions League final tops Super Bowl for TV market

Uefa's Champions League final has for the first time replaced the NFL's Super Bowl as the most-watched annual sports event, according to a survey.

The Champions League final between Barcelona and Manchester United last May drew an audience of 109 million.

February's Super Bowl between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Arizona Cardinals attracted three million less.

The yearly report from Initiative Futures Sports and Entertainment found both events continue to grow.

Formula 1's season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix was in third place with an average of 54 million, while the men's 100 metres final from the athletics world championships - featuring a world record from Usain Bolt - was fourth with 33 million.

With 2009 featuring neither a summer Olympic Games nor a World Cup it offered a chance to measure the two biggest annual sporting events.

While the Super Bowl's audience was overwhelmingly domestic, Uefa's product appears to be doing better in the battle for viewers globally.

"The Champions League has been better able to exploit the large burgeoning populations of the Asia-Pacific region," said Kevin Alavay, the report's director.

"While the Super Bowl has secured free-to-air broadcasting deals in a number of important European markets such as the UK, France and Germany, its distribution and popularity in the key Asia-Pacific region lags far behind the Champions League."

The report, in its seventh year, is based on official data from national bodies and measures "at-home viewing".

Alavay said the continued growth of the Super Bowl and the Champions League final was particularly impressive in a time of fragmentation in television audiences caused by digitalisation.
"We gave the fans their pride - again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players." - Legend

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #170 on: February 1, 2010, 05:43:51 pm »
If you believed the "he's got 51%" excuse then you were very very badly misled.

There are very many examples of minority shareholders forcing the issue.

T'was Bryce Morrison when I was seeking his advice on the procedure to call an EGM (which was a swine to do by the way).  He made the point that whilst he was in no way seeking to deter me, the majority shareholder would be voting against the motion.

It may well be that minor shareholder pressure has forced the issue in other instances, but the situation remains that either the majority holder holds their ground regardless, or the board announce that the issue will not be discussed again (as happened in this instance).

Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: February 2, 2010, 11:42:27 am »
This could be the reason Dumb and Dumber are trying to stick around and think we are worth 500 mil.

G&H's stake is financial, not sporting.It has to be seen in those terms. Over a period of time (say 10 years), so long as we are Top 6 ,the club will appreciate in value as ordinary inflation bites.

Our performance on the pitch, historically, and in relation to resources has been pretty good, it is the off the pitch commercial revenues which can see growth, and that is inextricably linked to a new stadium, which is where the new investment comes in. G&H's gamble is that although this is likely to dilute their existing shareholding, the value of their held shares will appreciate sufficently to more than compensate for this when the new stadium is built, up and running, and the time comes to sell.

The evidence suggests that in order to achieve this they are likely to be around for several years yet.

I share your distaste for both G&H personally, and what they have done to our club, but it is a mistake to either dismiss or underestimate their financial judgement.THey are in the risk business, but their accumalated wealth demonstrates that they win more than they lose.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline The_Last_Don

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: February 4, 2010, 09:21:27 am »

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #173 on: February 4, 2010, 09:42:11 am »

Offline incredibleL4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: February 4, 2010, 10:29:50 am »

I think the price being asked is 100m for 25% or thereabouts.
They figure it like this....
Club is worth 500m at present.  Debt is 230m.  Therefore H&G's stake is worth 270m.
If someone put in 100m in new shares the value of the total equity goes up by that amount (500m -130m of remaining debts = 370m equity value).  Therefore the new guy gets 100m / 370 m which is 27%.
All that is fine except for the questions of whether the club is actually worth 500m - which is about 12.5 times earnings before tax, interest, amortisation and depreciation and how do you sort out the control of the club going forward, and what about financing the new stadium.

Offline will2003

• Legacy Fan
  • God and a Legend
« Reply #175 on: February 4, 2010, 11:33:16 am »
Would be funny if he found a bigger oil field than abu dhabi.   

Hopefully enough there to cover their debts to Abu Dhabi, fill their own funds then invest in us big time! Fingers crossed though if that comes off i'll go play the euro millions!

Offline Chindits

• It's important to me
  • Legacy Fan
  • L4 Scal-Qaeda Cyber Terrorist Cell
    • ccTwitter
« Reply #176 on: February 4, 2010, 11:46:41 am »
Just maybe:

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/580763-dubai-discovers-new-martime-oil-field-
its a pr stunt just like we get every now an then from G&H about our stadium/club/weather/pies/clouds/transfers/debt/loans in fact everything

Offline The_Last_Don

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: February 5, 2010, 08:21:34 am »
its a pr stunt just like we get every now an then from G&H about our stadium/club/weather/pies/clouds/transfers/debt/loans in fact everything

No, its got to be true Sky haven't even reported it yet! - if its found to be nothing i'm sure it'll be headline news ! :-)

Offline Zappa

• Old OCB Rep
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shankly's man 60yrs served come December
« Reply #178 on: February 6, 2010, 09:22:28 pm »
T'was Bryce Morrison when I was seeking his advice on the procedure to call an EGM (which was a swine to do by the way).  He made the point that whilst he was in no way seeking to deter me, the majority shareholder would be voting against the motion.

It may well be that minor shareholder pressure has forced the issue in other instances, but the situation remains that either the majority holder holds their ground regardless, or the board announce that the issue will not be discussed again (as happened in this instance).

Sorry Maggie but he sadly misled you

But it's all yadda yadda now

Moores and Parry were inept but they were never the enemy.

Rightly (or as it turned out very wrongly) they passed the baton on to people they probably thought could throw away zillions on their newly acquired LFC hobby--

and there hangs a tale..

I insist i am right re shareholders

But temper it with the fact that after the event everyone is brilliant at seeing what suddenly appears as bleeding obvious.

What blows my mindand makes me doubt we'll ever escape from this mess is -

If I win the Euromillions max jackpot 6 weeks running I'll buy LFC and we'll all be happy
« Last Edit: February 6, 2010, 09:29:19 pm by Zappa »
There ain't no money in poetry
That's what sets the poet free
I've had all the freedom I can stand

Offline wednesday25052005

• Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #179 on: February 23, 2010, 03:23:48 pm »
Any news on Moores plan of action/plan of speech so to speak?

I really hope he comes through on this and lets us all know exactly what he knows and why he made the biggest mistake of his life and how he believes it can be turned around - if it ever can??

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #180 on: February 23, 2010, 03:27:27 pm »
Any news on Moores plan of action/plan of speech so to speak?

I really hope he comes through on this and lets us all know exactly what he knows and why he made the biggest mistake of his life and how he believes it can be turned around - if it ever can??

There will be news within a week according to atk on TLW.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #181 on: February 23, 2010, 03:35:43 pm »
There will be news within a week according to atk on TLW.
Will be interesting to hear his side of things but it wont make much difference after all this time. Damage has been done sadly but let's see. Holds breath'
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: February 23, 2010, 04:26:09 pm »
Here's what he said

"Dougie and ATK - Is there anything to add to this thread? Will you be meeting Moores again?"

"We have been working on something for a few weeks now, Were about 10 days away from what our aim has always been. If we get were we want or dont we will throw all the information on this thread."

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #183 on: February 23, 2010, 04:53:07 pm »
Here's what he said

"Dougie and ATK - Is there anything to add to this thread? Will you be meeting Moores again?"

"We have been working on something for a few weeks now, Were about 10 days away from what our aim has always been. If we get were we want or dont we will throw all the information on this thread."

Lets hope there is something positive to come out in the next few days or weeks. David Moores has a great deal of work to do before he can even begin to redeem himself with this club.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #184 on: March 10, 2010, 11:31:35 am »
Here's what he said

Anything happen with this?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #185 on: March 10, 2010, 11:57:29 am »

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: March 10, 2010, 09:57:58 pm »
Anything happen with this?

Seems to have withered and died as per usual re any rumours relating to something positive.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #187 on: March 10, 2010, 10:16:55 pm »
it was on TIA and was quoting the notw so probably a figment of their imagination.

TIA is so over rated
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline kermit^

• Anny Roader
« Reply #188 on: March 11, 2010, 06:05:20 am »
Guess Moores has gone back to counting his money and be happy to go down in our history as THE owner who destroyed a great football dynasty. He's should be very proud of himself.
LFC (Liverpool F*ck-up Cycle):
1. new owner(s) says all the right things to win us over
2. give the mgr some money to spend
3. refinance the club with debts behind our back
4. got found out by us
5. sale process all over again
*meanwhile during the cycle, we'll be around mid-table challenging for 4th spot.

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: March 11, 2010, 10:29:44 pm »
I believe on the TLW thread they have said something along the lines of 'Moores has said he will only speak out in the summer, after all this investment stuff has been sorted one way or the other'.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: March 11, 2010, 10:55:52 pm »
so davey, was this worth having lionel richie at your wedding anniversary?

Offline kermit^

• Anny Roader
« Reply #191 on: March 12, 2010, 02:05:59 am »
He always have excuses not to speak up. First because he was on the board. Now after investment is sorted. He will never speak nor do anything to redeem himself, not now, not ever.
4. got found out by us
*meanwhile during the cycle, we'll be around mid-table challenging for 4th spot.

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap
« Reply #192 on: March 12, 2010, 06:18:07 am »
As colossal as his mistake was, I'm not sure what David Moores speaking out now would achieve.
We are in desperate need of investment just to survive...Moores rocking the boat now, especially when he let the current incumbents in initially, would be counter-productive and unsettle any talks that might be going on behind the scenes
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come
Lester Freamon

Offline xerxes1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: March 12, 2010, 09:13:03 am »
Moores regime was a failure.The sale was a wrong call.But Moores sold because he accepted that he was not the man to take the club forwards. He is still Honourary Life President. For so long as he holds that position, a grace and favour apointment by G&H, he cannot either critisise G&H or join in any movement against them.

Offline col64

• Anny Roader
« Reply #194 on: March 12, 2010, 09:26:07 am »
What does he gain from being Honourary life president , is it worth it  against supporting the club he said he loved ?

Offline kermit^

• Anny Roader
« Reply #195 on: March 12, 2010, 09:31:18 am »
What's the point of holding to the position actually besides getting the extra perks of going to match for free? As a "president", should he be looking after and protecting the interests of the club. His silence and no action are not really helping. Unless he is legally binded to not speak or take any action against G&H, then he's in the same category as G&H in my hate list.
4. got found out by us

Offline xerxes1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: March 12, 2010, 10:02:30 am »
What's the point of holding to the position actually besides getting the extra perks of going to match for free? As a "president", should he be looking after and protecting the interests of the club. His silence and no action are not really helping. Unless he is legally binded to not speak or take any action against G&H, then he's in the same category as G&H in my hate list.

The terms of the severance package when he stepped down as a Director probably contained some sort of confidentiality agreement.

He has chosen to accept the grace and favour title from G&H.Were he to critisise them, it would be taken away.

Why has he taken it? After almost 20 years representing our club in an Executive capacity he will have loads of friends from visiting clubs. Hon Life President means that he can entertain, glad hand and reminisce in our, and opposition, boardrooms.

Offline BobbyDavro

• can't skate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: March 12, 2010, 10:03:39 am »
Where's the fucking honour in the role if he does absolutely fuck all to remedy or even point out the fact he made one of the worst decisions in our history?
He wouldn't know the first thing about honour the useless spineless twat.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #198 on: March 12, 2010, 07:41:33 pm »
The terms of the severance package when he stepped down as a Director probably contained some sort of confidentiality agreement.

He has chosen to accept the grace and favour title from G&H.Were he to critisise them, it would be taken away.

Why has he taken it? After almost 20 years representing our club in an Executive capacity he will have loads of friends from visiting clubs. Hon Life President means that he can entertain, glad hand and reminisce in our, and opposition, boardrooms.

I thought there would be some form of confidentiality agreement, which was why I was very surprised to read his breastbeating, near tearful, I was deceived, Hello! style interview with the Echo. 

And I understand why he was given it, and why he took it.  The question is - why he keeps it?  I believe it to be vanity.  I don't buy into the "working from within" for a moment.  Davy is quite happy getting someone else to do the nasty bits, but doesn't personally do the sharp end stuff.  When push comes to shove he is a spineless shitehawk - as quite a few of us witnessed. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #199 on: March 12, 2010, 08:03:26 pm »
As colossal as his mistake was, I'm not sure what David Moores speaking out now would achieve.

We could use a scapegoat.  Putting a silver bracelet around Moores' neck, then chasing him out of the village into the wilderness to die would make me feel better for a few days.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi