Author Topic: GTA V  (Read 373576 times)

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Re: GTA V
« Reply #5040 on: May 25, 2020, 11:22:08 pm »
Anyone had a problem on PC where the camera keeps panning up, towards the sky? Just started playing recently, using an Xbox controller plugged into desktop via USB. Checked online but only suggestion seems to be faulty controller. I remember having a similar problem with Witcher but there was a fix for it. Wondering if anyone's had the same problem and fixed it before I go and buy another controller.

It's happened to me before and it was one of two things - the mouse interfering or the joystick being in a weird spot when turned on.

You should be able to go into the windows controller settings and reset the axes I think. Or restart it with the controller unplugged
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5041 on: May 26, 2020, 05:33:47 am »
Anyone had a problem on PC where the camera keeps panning up, towards the sky? Just started playing recently, using an Xbox controller plugged into desktop via USB. Checked online but only suggestion seems to be faulty controller. I remember having a similar problem with Witcher but there was a fix for it. Wondering if anyone's had the same problem and fixed it before I go and buy another controller.

I've had a similar problem some time back, but it was indeed from the controller being past it.  Was the fix for your problem in Witcher perhaps to increase the deadzone?  GTA 5 and Witcher both have high sensitivity with regards to the controls, so it could be that it the reason why the problem is showing up on those games. 

It's also possible that your issue is the result of a conflict with something else such as a wheel being plugged in or some kind of config issue, but the vast majority of times when you experience the sort of ghosting that you're describing it's the result of a broken/worn out controller.

If you are on PC I can give you some steps to help possibly diagnose if your controller is broken.  Can't help if you're on console.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 05:37:19 am by Darren G »

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5042 on: May 29, 2020, 11:54:23 am »
I've had a similar problem some time back, but it was indeed from the controller being past it.  Was the fix for your problem in Witcher perhaps to increase the deadzone?  GTA 5 and Witcher both have high sensitivity with regards to the controls, so it could be that it the reason why the problem is showing up on those games. 

It's also possible that your issue is the result of a conflict with something else such as a wheel being plugged in or some kind of config issue, but the vast majority of times when you experience the sort of ghosting that you're describing it's the result of a broken/worn out controller.

If you are on PC I can give you some steps to help possibly diagnose if your controller is broken.  Can't help if you're on console.

I can't remember with Witcher exactly but I'm sure it was a camera "drift" problem, it would either pan up or down, only when riding Roach, and the solution was literally just to make Roach jump or something, and the camera would correct itself.

Haven't played in a few days but I'll try again tonight. I hope it's not my controller, it's literally brand new and I bought it just for playing GTA! I am playing on PC, so any steps you can give would be appreciated. Cheers.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5043 on: May 29, 2020, 05:29:12 pm »
Scratch that. Tried playing Halo and camera was panning up too. Put in my shitty old one and it was fine. Definitely the (brand new) controller.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #5044 on: July 10, 2020, 12:10:05 pm »
After all these years I can't believe I'm still playing this game online  :butt

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #5045 on: July 11, 2020, 01:25:24 pm »
After all these years I can't believe I'm still playing this game online  :butt

Me neither, I hate online. I won't play it online. Microtransactions are ruining Rockstar

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #5046 on: July 12, 2020, 09:59:25 am »
Playing it for the 2nd time on PS3. Trying to get all missions completed on only gold/silver. About 20% completed and so far all good.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5047 on: July 12, 2020, 12:35:36 pm »
Me neither, I hate online. I won't play it online. Microtransactions are ruining Rockstar

I play online but never with other people, You are correct though, Rockstar have gone of a cliff the past 5 years or so. Releasing a remastered version of a remastered version proves the point. Problem is though for that kind of game they have no real competition unfortunately.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5048 on: July 12, 2020, 04:31:32 pm »
I play online but never with other people, You are correct though, Rockstar have gone of a cliff the past 5 years or so. Releasing a remastered version of a remastered version proves the point. Problem is though for that kind of game they have no real competition unfortunately.

Surely Cyberpunk 2077 will rival them?
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5049 on: July 12, 2020, 05:45:29 pm »
Surely Cyberpunk 2077 will rival them?

What made the GTA games so popular was its realism, but the past few years rockstar have been moving away from that with its flying cars and alien guns. It’s like they are deliberately trying to piss of its own fan base for some reason.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5050 on: July 26, 2020, 04:34:13 pm »
I think the single player story mode alone was worth the money you paid but If you haven't played online you've missed out on 90% of the game
What do you need shark cards for ? You really really don't the streets are paved with gold you can grind away and do easy 3 min missions earning 20k
but the game is set up to encourage and reward team play with the Heist's and various Businesses and it doesn't take long to earn the GTA money for the next update.
What made the GTA games so popular was its realism, but the past few years rockstar have been moving away from that with its flying cars and alien guns. It’s like they are deliberately trying to piss of its own fan base for some reason.
I f you look at all the online forums & you tube clips before it went online you'll notice people where all searching for various secrets or conspiracy theory they believed where hidden in the game.
Since then Rockstar have been dropping those things into the online updates and retroactively changing the story mode itself to give the people what they want...
How many games have done all that without actually selling you another game.   

Having said all that there are some right a55holes playing online isn't there.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #5051 on: September 13, 2020, 11:08:52 pm »
Running it with a RTX 2070 Super is very impressive

The Ray Tracing and shadows are amazing
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5052 on: September 14, 2020, 09:42:26 am »
Running it with a RTX 2070 Super is very impressive

The Ray Tracing and shadows are amazing

Which mod are you using? I can guarantee you that you're not seeing ray tracing in GTA 5 right now regardless.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 07:54:14 pm by Darren G »

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5053 on: September 14, 2020, 08:18:25 pm »
https://www.pcgamesn.com/grand-theft-auto-v/gta-v-ray-tracing

Reshade can do some amazing things. I'm just so burned out on GTAV though. It's the city. I need pastures new.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5054 on: September 15, 2020, 04:02:32 am »
Ironically as gorgeous as GTA V is, it's the GTA I've played the least, finished the story on Xbox 360 when it came out, then got it for PS4 primarily to play online, but it didn't grab me, bit repetitive and there weren't many missions to do, can see why Take Two are in no rush to release a new one, it's the biggest grossing entertainment release of any kind ever, would love them to return to the grittier tone of GTA IV when they release a new one, but a story mode would only be a side dish now, as it would be developed solely with online in mind.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5055 on: September 15, 2020, 04:32:12 am »
https://www.pcgamesn.com/grand-theft-auto-v/gta-v-ray-tracing

Reshade can do some amazing things. I'm just so burned out on GTAV though. It's the city. I need pastures new.

Yeah, reshades can be useful,but..... it's still not ray tracing though. Ray Tracing is not even supported on DX11 games such as GTA5.  It's a mod that tries to simulate the effects using enhanced cube maps and screen space reflections. It does improve the visuals a bit, but when proper ray tracing is implemented in the new version, I expect the difference to be stark. 

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5056 on: September 15, 2020, 11:24:38 am »
Going to play this just to try out mods which i haven't done at all for this gta. is there any vehicle handling mods which pushes it to gta 4 level?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5057 on: September 15, 2020, 01:29:05 pm »
I know reshade ain't real ray tracing but it scratches an itch til real ray tracing gets here  :)

Going to play this just to try out mods which i haven't done at all for this gta. is there any vehicle handling mods which pushes it to gta 4 level?

I've used this and enjoyed it, feels less floaty

https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/gta-original-author-obajtektsw92-update-author-sakriguos
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 01:37:16 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5058 on: September 15, 2020, 03:53:51 pm »
thanks. going to try that out.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5059 on: September 16, 2020, 10:09:15 am »
but a story mode would only be a side dish now, as it would be developed solely with online in mind.
I hope you are wrong in that regard. Multiplayer was broken when I bought the game at release and I haven’t bothered with it since. GTA for me has always been missions, challenges and free roaming. I even tend to role play when I have time.

I sincerely hope that TLOU 2 and God of War showed that single-player campaigns still are relevant. The day all games turn into multiplayer shite is the day I stop playing new games.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #5060 on: September 16, 2020, 10:37:44 am »
I hope you are wrong in that regard. Multiplayer was broken when I bought the game at release and I haven’t bothered with it since. GTA for me has always been missions, challenges and free roaming. I even tend to role play when I have time.

I sincerely hope that TLOU 2 and God of War showed that single-player campaigns still are relevant. The day all games turn into multiplayer shite is the day I stop playing new games.

I never really bothered with GTA:Online, but I can kind of see how it could be fun, if you're playing with your mates. At the same time, the whole experience was clunky and therefore, I couldn't really be arsed with it. Sadly, I think it has been too successful for Rockstar to not make it a focal point in GTA VI. I don't really know what has been going on in the game after the first few content-updates that added the heists and the gun-runner stuff or whatever it was called. However, I think it makes sense for Rockstar to basically have the next game be GTA:Online with maybe a basic storyline so people get to know the world they're in, but then basically provide small updates that add in new multiplayer stuff...

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #5061 on: September 16, 2020, 10:43:55 am »
As someone that has owned every GTA since the first one (barring the 'stories' stuff that seemed to only be on handhelds) I've pretty much accepted that series probably isn't for me any more as my interest in online is less than zero.

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5062 on: September 16, 2020, 10:47:43 am »
I don't play GTA that much, but doing online heists with your mates is great fun. I've never felt microtransactions were needed at all either, although like I say, only hop on to fuck around and do heists every now and then.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5063 on: September 16, 2020, 08:11:23 pm »

Oh totally. GTA started and remains Rockstar trying to do their own Hollywood crime capers

GTAV is their Heat

god knows how a Houser AND Benzies leaving changes things but if it was online only it'd drop all that. I can't see it

I'd love them to just do a seperate GTAOnline MMO with a monthly fee and an SP game every 5 years or so. Like the Elder Scrolls

But as for single player games, owning a PS4 has shown the way, as you allude to. I'd also like to mention Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Watch Dogs, Breath of the Wild, Civ, Xcom 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Ass Creed, Far Cry etc. as principally (though not exclusively) single player experiences

SP is not dead. It never will be.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #5064 on: September 16, 2020, 10:19:27 pm »
Which mod are you using? I can guarantee you that you're not seeing ray tracing in GTA 5 right now regardless.

Oh OK. I turned on an option that seemed to be to do with ray tracing.

And then I turned all the shadows to full and high res and long shadows and everything maxed and everything full distance.

Then when I was standing on a train, I could see the shadows as the sun went behind a mountain and could see the shadows all the way into the distance map in high res.  You could see wind turbines on the hill and they were turning and the shadows were falling onto a beyond the train and the shadows were turning - showing the turbines shadows in real time

Looked amazing to me and if that's not using ray tracing then incredible from the programmers!

« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 10:26:08 pm by Andy ⁎ Allerton »

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5065 on: September 16, 2020, 10:31:46 pm »
Haha

Well GTAV can still look amazing. Between that and RDR2 I think they do, at least at release (GTAV on PS3 looked incredible) have top level graphics

Modding it is recommended. Reshade!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #5066 on: September 17, 2020, 08:44:09 am »
Haha

Well GTAV can still look amazing. Between that and RDR2 I think they do, at least at release (GTAV on PS3 looked incredible) have top level graphics

Modding it is recommended. Reshade!

I'll look into that mate cheers!

:)

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #5067 on: September 17, 2020, 03:40:57 pm »
Controversial opinion. I prefer GTA San Andreas and GTA IV's story mode to GTA V.

San Andreas is better than GTA V in tons of ways for me. More fun, better story, better missions, more variety. GTA V is more impressive from a technical standpoint, but San Andreas is a much more memorable experience.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5068 on: September 17, 2020, 04:15:43 pm »
I tried to play San Andreas recently (ditto Vice City) and it's just so terrible to control it's not worth it

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #5069 on: September 17, 2020, 04:42:14 pm »
No surprise considering its age. I loved that game when it was new, best game I'd ever played

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5070 on: September 17, 2020, 04:47:16 pm »
I wish Rockstar weren't such fucking dicks when someone tries to remake one of the older games' maps in GTAV.

Liberty City in GTAV's engine would sell loads of copies. Especially if they did something like Valve making Black Mesa official.

I wouldn't mind but they do absolutely nothing themselves to keep old games up to date. Luckily GTAIV has a load of community fixes (I was into it again recently and happen to think it has far better, open mission design than GTAV)

But oh how I am tired of Los Santos

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5071 on: September 18, 2020, 03:31:56 pm »
I tried to play San Andreas recently (ditto Vice City) and it's just so terrible to control it's not worth it
Yep, bought it on PS4 for a nostalgia kick, and it's amazing how you remember games through rose tinted glasses vs how they actually end up looking.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5072 on: October 13, 2020, 07:08:26 am »
Oh OK. I turned on an option that seemed to be to do with ray tracing.

And then I turned all the shadows to full and high res and long shadows and everything maxed and everything full distance.

Then when I was standing on a train, I could see the shadows as the sun went behind a mountain and could see the shadows all the way into the distance map in high res.  You could see wind turbines on the hill and they were turning and the shadows were falling onto a beyond the train and the shadows were turning - showing the turbines shadows in real time

Looked amazing to me and if that's not using ray tracing then incredible from the programmers!

Late replay as I didn't see the post, but...

The stuff that you mention is achieved largely with rasterization.  I also get all of that stuff that you mentioned above with the base game (no reshade mods) and an AMD card, a GPU which doesn't support hardware ray tracing.  You can also see similar instances of what you mentioned with the turbines in other non ray traced titles such as Witcher 3, where the shadows of the windmills turning - as an example-  cast real-time shadows on the terrain, npcs, Geralt and Roach. 

I agree with you though that GTA5 a still an absolutely boss looking game, despite it's age.  Rockstar do some absolutely brilliant stuff with lighting and shadows.  I am continually in awe of the lighting at night in Saint Denis in RDR2, which again has no ray tracing but still looks bloody spectacular.   
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 07:11:45 am by Darren G »

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #5073 on: October 13, 2020, 09:51:43 am »
I had a shot of this back on Sunday evening fired up the online because I forgot about the casino on the game. I don't know if everyone got this when they went into the casino for the first time but I done one of those spins and won the Show car . I like the roulette too.

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5074 on: December 16, 2020, 04:54:29 pm »
Anyone played the latest online update? I haven’t got round to it but was wondering whether it’s worth a go?

Offline Sam Bacala

• Kopite
« Reply #5075 on: December 16, 2020, 06:11:50 pm »
If you like heists, sure. Obviously there's the new location, which by the way is not accessible in free roam outside the heist missions. Heist is locked behind a paywall aswell if you want to host, need 2+ million to get started. I'm still in the process of setting it up personally, but there seem to be a lot of different options regarding the approach and thus probably a decent replay value. Also unlike previous heists you can do the whole thing solo if you want.

Outside the heist, I don't think there's much substance to be fair. They added a ton of new music and some new radio stations and there's a new nightclub at the casino, but it's basically just the same layout as the old one and not a lot seems to happen there.
"We were s***." - Daniel Agger's assessment of the Roy Hodgson era

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #5076 on: December 17, 2020, 09:58:07 am »
If you like heists, sure. Obviously there's the new location, which by the way is not accessible in free roam outside the heist missions. Heist is locked behind a paywall aswell if you want to host, need 2+ million to get started. I'm still in the process of setting it up personally, but there seem to be a lot of different options regarding the approach and thus probably a decent replay value. Also unlike previous heists you can do the whole thing solo if you want.

Outside the heist, I don't think there's much substance to be fair. They added a ton of new music and some new radio stations and there's a new nightclub at the casino, but it's basically just the same layout as the old one and not a lot seems to happen there.

I put the game back on a couple months ago to have a look and see what has changed was impressed with the casnio and the night clubs but got very bored of it too easy and never been back on . I think its time RS come out and tell us if there will be a new game or not in the next couple years.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5077 on: December 21, 2020, 04:16:00 pm »
I'm enjoying it! Very surprised how easy it is though! You can do the prep and heist in about 90 mins solo and earn about $1.5m. Good money! heist itself can be done in under 10 minutes.

Disappointed with the new vehicles though! Besides the sub the rest are a bit meh.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #5078 on: January 16, 2021, 01:16:05 am »
So disappointed with Rockstar.

Used to get a new game every few years, and DLC in between.

Not a single shred of single player DLC, not a single shred of GTA6 news. Just sales on their fucking microtransaction cards for a shiny new gun.

Great company turned to shit.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5079 on: January 16, 2021, 06:50:31 pm »
You'd think Rockstar would be able to work on multiple AAA-games simultaneously, but it looks like all/most teams are working on the same game (judging solely on their releases). However, I'd much rather them take their time to develop another immersive and expansive experience, than the shambles that is Cyberpunk (one example). Though, it would be nice with some hints what the plans are for the future.
I have no idea what I’m taking about