Author Topic: LC: Norwich 0 v 3 Liverpool 4’ 79’ Minamino 50’ Origi  (Read 34684 times)

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Re: Norwich vs Liverpool, Tuesday September 21st, 7.45pm
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2021, 12:10:00 pm »
Hopefully Naby stays home, pretty much in the can't risk him stage now with Thiago and Harvey out.

Can’t risk any of the first choice midfield

Jones needs game time
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2021, 12:12:31 pm »
Arphexhead, Degen, Phillips, Kabak, Tsimikas (C), Plessis, Spearing, Grujic, Pacheco, Origi, Ngog.

3-0 Reds.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2021, 12:13:32 pm »
Kelleher and Jones will start tomorrow, says Lijnders.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2021, 12:17:37 pm »
Curtis confirmed to start, so you’d expect it to be Milner and Ox alongside him. Just having Milner out there with possibly two debutants is invaluable.
AHA!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2021, 12:19:16 pm »
Any other potential surprises from the U23s/U18s from people who know more?

Bradley and Gordon are the obvious ones from the U23s who didnt play in their last game. Quansah seemed really good in the Youth Cup last season and doesn't seem to have played either U23 or U18s last game, so chance he gets on the bench maybe? Morton as well potentially? Came off at HT against Leeds.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2021, 12:20:34 pm »
Thanks for the OP Dougle.

Looking forward to this, I’m still a supporter of both domestic cups on the whole. Would love us to reach the final of either. Who doesn’t love a big day out at Wembley with the possibility to win something.

Hopefully our fringe players and youngsters will play and that will be enough as I suspect Norwich will rotate massively given their start to the season.

Be nice to get the win and then a non premier league side at home in the next round for a change
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2021, 12:22:07 pm »
Can't imagine Gomez being asked to play right back just yet. Much more running, much more twisting and turning.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2021, 12:28:15 pm »
Any other potential surprises from the U23s/U18s from people who know more?

Bradley and Gordon are the obvious ones from the U23s who didnt play in their last game. Quansah seemed really good in the Youth Cup last season and doesn't seem to have played either U23 or U18s last game, so chance he gets on the bench maybe? Morton as well potentially? Came off at HT against Leeds.
Quansah has been out injured. Morton might be a good shout for the bench as he's been with the first team training at times as well. Given the short turnaround I'm not expecting many on the bench but hopefully at least a couple more do.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2021, 01:31:28 pm »
I think one of Mane / Jota will start. Jota has was subbed against Palace and Mane didn't start Milan last week.

You're right about Milly.

Wouldn't risk any first teamers at all to be honest. I just view these matches against clubs like Norwich in worthless cups as unnecessary injury risks.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2021, 01:35:40 pm »
Wouldn't risk any first teamers at all to be honest. I just view these matches against clubs like Norwich in worthless cups as unnecessary injury risks.

While "worthless" - it still gives a good chance to get fringe players time - and a cup is a cup. If we can progress and win it - we should.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2021, 02:07:19 pm »
I see Kloppo's gone on his annual League Cup holiday again.  ;D

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2021, 02:26:15 pm »
how am I supposed to believe that we take this cup serious when Klopp can't be bothered showing up for presser  ;D

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2021, 02:44:23 pm »
Lijnders really talking up Kaide Gordon in the presser. Think he benefits from the midfield injuries, reckon Keita will be rested for Brentford and that means Jones and Ox will both play in midfield - so a space open for him in attack alongside Minamino and Origi.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2021, 03:03:22 pm »
With the latest injury news from Lijnders this afternoon I could see Bradley and Gordon starting. Both were left out of the squad entirely for the U23 game on Sunday so will at least be on the bench.

Kelleher

Bradley          Gomez          Konate          Tsimikas

Milner
                     Ox                      Jones

Gordon                                    Minamino
                                  Origi

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2021, 03:07:29 pm »

A "worthless"cup that is a cracking day out at wembley for fans and players if we get to the final ( know it was 2012 last time) This thought process fucking baffles me every time it gets trotted out as we should be able to rotate players, introduce new faces and pick a team to win each round, not just write the fucking thing off.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2021, 03:12:23 pm »
With the latest injury news from Lijnders this afternoon I could see Bradley and Gordon starting. Both were left out of the squad entirely for the U23 game on Sunday so will at least be on the bench.

Kelleher

Milner

Origi

I think Nat will get a game.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2021, 03:13:28 pm »
A "worthless"cup that is a cracking day out at wembley for fans and players if we get to the final ( know it was 2012 last time) This thought process fucking baffles me every time it gets trotted out as we should be able to rotate players, introduce new faces and pick a team to win each round, not just write the fucking thing off.

I'd agree it's not a worthless cup but we do need to rotate and, hopefully see the likes of Gordon.

Options a bit limited as Trent, Neco, Thiago all out and Firmino just back in training;
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/444078-fitness-update-thiago-alexander-arnold-firmino-and-williams

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2021, 03:13:32 pm »

We got to the final in 2016 and the semi's the following year.

We've actually been very unlucky since, with draws. Since 2016, we've been knocked out by Leicester, Chelsea and Arsenal, plus the joke that was having to play Villa whilst the Club World Cup was ongoing. We've also knocked out Tottenham and Arsenal during that period.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2021, 03:20:09 pm »
I think Nat will get a game.

Yeah, think he's nailed on. The only senior CB who hasn't had a game this season. Only question for me is who partners him in defence, my guess is Konate with Gomez at RB but they might not fancy putting Joe there.

Think Konate and Gomez will play at Porto (in part to rest Matip and Virgil for City), so it might not be a big deal if one of them is on the bench tomorrow with Bradley playing RB.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2021, 03:54:06 pm »
Sounds silly but I wouldn't mind if we get knocked out. Our squad is just not deep enough imo.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2021, 03:57:23 pm »
Sounds silly but I wouldn't mind if we get knocked out. Our squad is just not deep enough imo.

We don't have the squad to compete on all four fronts, we've never really had that under Klopp.  But I'd rather we win every match we play, even if we just end up playing kids in a domestic cup semi final.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline drirfan

• Main Stander
  • From doubters to believers
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2021, 03:58:07 pm »
                                                        Bring on your Internazionale,
                                                    Bring on your Roma by the score,
                                                         Barcelona, Real Madrid,
                                                    Who the fuck you trying to kid
                                           Cos Liverpool are the team that I adore….

Come on you yellows….

Well we’ve had the bells ’n’ whistles. The return of the Reds to battle for the League, The Holy Grail. The massive highs of coming home, to the heartlands of Anfield, to the people. The glad rags, garlands and garnishings of a major Champions League showdown with AC Milan. Rattling the bones of memories, songs of spirit, of the tribe, echoing round the old ground. We’re bouncing already, we’ve already had another great comeback.

But enough of that. Arguably the most pointless game of our season happens on Tuesday night. Lucky me.

This week we've got Norwich City in The League Cup. Or is it the League Cup which used be The Capital One Cup ? The Carling Cup, Worthington Cup, Coca Cola Cup, Rumbelows Cup, Littlewoods Challenge Cup and, at a time when we were dominant, the good old Milk Cup.

Liverpool’s run, in the era of The Milk Cup was formidable. Between 1980 and 1984 Liverpool played 42 matches in this competition, losing just one leg of a double header along the way. We won it 4 consecutive times. It really mean’t something (to me) then. There were many battles, replays, even second replays. Mud, mist, mentality and muscle. They beat good teams in the finals, twice going to replays to do it. Everton, Manchester Utd, Spurs and West Ham.

Kenny’s equalising goal, a fantastic volley from a sublime chip from Terry Mac in the replay against West Ham is, for me, one of the great goals. Treat yourself, find it. The game was at Villa Park, a proper ground, proper atmosphere, a tight, tough game, proper teams.

Funnily enough we met Norwich City in the competition on that run. On 30th of November 1982, in the fourth round, 13,235 souls probably froze while watching The Reds win 2-0. It was Thatcher time, The Falklands War, recession, unrest, intentional degradation. If ever the city needed a boost it was then. Can you guess the 12 that played that night for Bob Paisley’s Reds ?
Bruce in goal, Phil Neal, Alan Kennedy, Phil Thompson, Alan Hansen, Mark Laurenson, Kenny Dalglish, Craig Johnson, Sammy Lee, Rushey and one Graeme Souness. The twelfth man was David Fairclough, whirling spindles himself. He scored, as he often did, coming on as a sub for Mark Laurenson, the other scorer. Real footballers one and all.

George Sephton was up in the Gods that night, spinning. Even the music of that era has endured. I checked the top 50 that week. Here’s my George top 5 playlist that night,

Back on the chain gang (The Pretenders)
                                                            Mirror Man (The Human League)
                                                            Mad World (Tears for Fears)
                                                            I don’t wanna dance (Eddy Grant)
                                                            Pass The Dutchie (Musical Youth)

Those were the days my friend. We thought they’d never end.

So to Tuesday’s Sky’s soccer-ball match-up. It’s safe to say Jurgan hasn’t gone balls out for this particular competition. Under him, in 5 seasons we’ve managed 12 matches. (In 1983-84 it took The Reds 13 matches alone to swig milk from the Cup). True, we’ve beaten the mighty MK Dons, hammered Lincoln and thrashed Southampton in 3 of our 4 victories. We generally draw and go out on pennos and we have been dumped out by a few of the big hitters. Not stellar but often fun.

Checking through Jurgan’s teams, in fairness, when he can, he does put out interesting talented, mixed teams. So who’s gonna play on Tuesday. Before yesterday’s game I thought maybe Milner plays and captains….
                                                                            Kelleher,
                                                        Neco ?      Joe,    Konaté,     Kostas ?
                                                                      Curtis  ?????   Naki
                                                                     Taki   Big Divock  Ox                                 

But now I doubt Milner plays on Tuesday. Nabi’s on a hot streak so he starts for me, as do Ox, Taki and Curtis, Left fullback Kostas played yesterday also so now I am not so sure. I hope Fabinho does not play. It could be we get an U23 player or 2 at fullback. Over to you folks….

As for our hosts. Tucked in comfortably in 20th place in the league with 2 goals scored and 14 conceded, it’s business as usual for Norwich.

I checked on Farke and the teams he has put out in this competition while playing top flight football. Unsurprisingly he’s gone full rotation both times. Mind you they whacked Bournemouth 6-0 in round 2 with a team full of players none of whom I recognised beyond Brandon Williams. So somewhere in this squad there are goals. Perhaps it will be a reunion of a sort for Mr Kavak who quietly impressed in his brief mother Theresa trip to Anfield’s centre half vacuum last season.

My wild guess is he will likely go with the same(ish) second team and try and get a few players to give it a go, live on Sky, to force themselves into the first team.
In reality it’s a bit of a free hit for both managers because, let’s face it, beyond manic Pep and his puppet masters, this is a fun night out for everyone these days. Times have indeed changed.

I am, all the same, looking forward to it. I just love watching this team, whoever is playing and, in fairness to Norwich, they do tend to want to play football too. So 7.45pm, Tuesday night, live on Sky there’s going to be goals and a kit change.
Enjoy.

Ref, Darren England,

Linesmen, Harry Lennard and Peter Kirkup

Fourth Official : Andre Marriner and a flock of seagulls

I’ll leave you with a blast from the past .. Chrissie Hynde and some of the sounds that boomed around a half - empty, dark, early winter’s night at Anfield, when King Kenny reigned. Shadows from the past circling out there in the dark beyond the glowing glitz of the show.

I found a picture of you, oh oh oh oh
                                                            What hijacked my world that night
                                                            To a place in the past we've been cast out of? oh oh oh oh
                                                            Now we're back in the fight

We're back on the train
                                                            Oh, back on the …….

Thanks for the OP...thoroughly enjoyed it...2.0 to the Reds

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2021, 04:03:10 pm »

Kelleher

Milner

Origi

I like this 11 for this game.  Possibly Matip for Konate since he didn't play against Palace?  Or I think Nat is going to play so maybe him and Gomez. 

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2021, 04:11:43 pm »
You know it's the league cup when Pep Lijnders is wheeled out for the press conference  ;D

Wish this was tonight actually, fancy seeing the reds in action. A changed team of course but hopefully enough to dump a poor Norwich side out.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2021, 04:21:55 pm »

He must plan a bender the day before the presser knowing Pep will be on duty the next day :D

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2021, 04:43:59 pm »
Does anyone know the reasoning behind the multi-leg format in some rounds of the League Cup?

According to Wikipedia, it just seemed to be this cup alone, even the final back in the 1960's was over two legs. None of the larger clubs even bothered to enter.

Growing up always remember the league cup as you started round 1 or two over two legs, then the semi was over two legs.

Anfield, 2nd leg v QPR in '86, going for the treble and we score two own goals! I hated QPR for a while after that!  :no

Watching us win it year after year I never realised the "proper cup" was the three handled one, just assumed it had always been the Milk Cup.

fc
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline liversaint

• Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2021, 05:05:52 pm »
We got to the final in 2016 and the semi's the following year.

We've actually been very unlucky since, with draws. Since 2016, we've been knocked out by Leicester, Chelsea and Arsenal, plus the joke that was having to play Villa whilst the Club World Cup was ongoing. We've also knocked out Tottenham and Arsenal during that period.

I meant winning the thing, and agree on the draws, unlucky compared to a certain oil  state backed outfit in particular.

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Dirk18Kuyt

• Kopite
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2021, 05:28:13 pm »
Every year I get excited discussing the squad/starting 11 for the Cup games, and every year we crash out in the early rounds.  ;D Seriously though, a good chance to see youngsters in action and try play those like Origi and Minamino into some sort of form.

Regardless, this is the team I'd choose: Kelleher, Bradley, Gomez, Konate, Tsimikas, Milner, Jones, Ox, Gordon, Minamino, Origi

Shame Neco is injured, would also expect Phillips to get some game time and Keita or Hendo too, though I wouldn't expect Keita to be risked.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2021, 05:47:42 pm »
According to Wikipedia, it just seemed to be this cup alone, even the final back in the 1960's was over two legs. None of the larger clubs even bothered to enter.

Growing up always remember the league cup as you started round 1 or two over two legs, then the semi was over two legs.

Anfield, 2nd leg v QPR in '86, going for the treble and we score two own goals! I hated QPR for a while after that!  :no

Watching us win it year after year I never realised the "proper cup" was the three handled one, just assumed it had always been the Milk Cup.

fc

I remember seeing that QPR result in the paper the next morning and thinking there must be some mistake, especially as our players had scored their goals! Want to say Gillespie and Johnston but could be wrong?

I want to win tomorrow and keep going as far as we can. Two years ago was great and who knows how we’d have done against Villa with a ‘proper’ second string out.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2021, 05:53:23 pm »
Phillips will definitely start I’d think. Unless we have another injury wobble it’s probably his only realistic shout and he deserves that. Insane relative to last year to think we’re in a situation where we’re grumbling about which top class defender sits it out…

Quite obvious that Origi, Ox, Minamino and Jones will feature, Kelleher and Tsimikas aswell.

Can sometimes feel like a drag, but getting minutes into those players will be vital as we get deeper into the season.

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2021, 05:54:26 pm »
rather than just writing it off completely, id rather the team was strong enough to progress as every round/game is more experience and chances for the younger players to develop.

its the least important competition but still a good opportunity to give these kids games.

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2021, 05:58:27 pm »
I remember seeing that QPR result in the paper the next morning and thinking there must be some mistake, especially as our players had scored their goals! Want to say Gillespie and Johnston but could be wrong?

I want to win tomorrow and keep going as far as we can. Two years ago was great and who knows how we’d have done against Villa with a ‘proper’ second string out.

Gillespie is right but think the other one was Whelan?  Also noticed today that Manchester City have won this comp eight times, now that's not on!

Once over we had most League titles (that will be sorted soon), most Euro Cups (again, No 7 is coming!) and most League Cup wins.  Starting this season, lets make it No 9!  :champ :champ :champ

fc
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 06:02:02 pm by flyingcod »
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2021, 06:10:04 pm »
Gillespie is right but think the other one was Whelan?  Also noticed today that Manchester City have won this comp eight times, now that's not on!

Once over we had most League titles (that will be sorted soon), most Euro Cups (again, No 7 is coming!) and most League Cup wins.  Starting this season, lets make it No 9!  :champ :champ :champ

fc

You’re right, it was Whelan. Absolute freak goal where someone tries to clear, and kicked it into him. Just saw very brief highlights and Molby missed a penalty as well.

I remember watching the final and being delighted Oxford battered them. Aldridge and Houghton in the Oxford team. Mad how long ago all this was. :D

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2021, 06:20:04 pm »

fc
You’re right, it was Whelan. Absolute freak goal where someone tries to clear, and kicked it into him. Just saw very brief highlights and Molby missed a penalty as well.

I remember watching the final and being delighted Oxford battered them. Aldridge and Houghton in the Oxford team. Mad how long ago all this was. :D

Ah those were the days… recall vividly listening to the commentary for that 2-2 on Radio 2 as it was then (no radio 5), and being distraught at the own goals.

Yes Man City on 4 in a row now like us as well I think. Has to stop
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2021, 06:45:31 pm »

It's not worthless because fans have deemed it so. It's been made worthless by the owners/sponsors/Carabao/whoever.

We're all playing in the prestigious Man City Cup, and we should fecking well be thankful for that privilege. Yeah right. If they want City to keep winning it then so be it, why should we be thankful?
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2021, 08:38:31 pm »
Great OP. Just my sort of thing.

These League Cup threads are always the same: try-hards post lineups featuring the most reserved of the reserves, the youngest kids, the kit man and the tea lady, and then get annoyed when a 'stronger-than-expected' side is put out. And if any player 'dares' to gets tired or injured (because of course there's always someone to blame), the same try-hards will blame the manager for not knowing as much as they do.

It's weird how rotation is seen as a negative by fans but a positive by coaches and managers. "Oh it's only the league cup, we will have to rotate", sneer some fans, strongly focussing on the 'weakening' aspects of rotation.

"Great, it's the league cup, a really good chance to give some squad players game time and help their progress and development outside of the white heat, every-misstep-is-a major-reversal scrutiny of the main two competitons" say our coaches and managers, looking at the positive befefits of it.

There'll be rotation. And that will be a good, positive thing, for the club, it's players and its future. Hopefully we can get through and then aim to get to the final and win a cup that we once loved winning.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline liversaint

• Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2021, 08:44:11 pm »
Great OP. Just my sort of thing.

These League Cup threads are always the same: try-hards post lineups featuring the most reserved of the reserves, the youngest kids, the kit man and the tea lady, and then get annoyed when a 'stronger-than-expected' side is put out. And if any player 'dares' to gets tired or injured (because of course there's always someone to blame), the same try-hards will blame the manager for not knowing as much as they do.

It's weird how rotation is seen as a negative by fans but a positive by coaches and managers. "Oh it's only the league cup, we will have to rotate", sneer some fans, strongly focussing on the 'weakening' aspects of rotation.

"Great, it's the league cup, a really good chance to give some squad players game time and help their progress and development outside of the white heat, every-misstep-is-a major-reversal scrutiny of the main two competitons" say our coaches and managers, looking at the positive befefits of it.

There'll be rotation. And that will be a good, positive thing, for the club, it's players and its future. Hopefully we can get through and then aim to get to the final and win a cup that we once loved winning.

Nods in agreement. Well said

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2021, 08:45:52 pm »
Why on earth would anyone start Nat Phillips when we've got Gomez and Konate to play there? Unless we're playing Gomez at right back to shoehorn him into the side I'm expecting him to watch the full 90 from the bench. No one wants Gomez at right back so hopefully Bradley starts.

Kelleher

Milner

Origi

Pretty much the team I'm expecting.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2021, 08:49:19 pm »

Kelleher

Milner

Origi
I think nat may start over one of the other CB but other then that I think is very spot on and hope to see it

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2021, 08:54:23 pm »
Klopp's saved this season on Football Manager. Someone will get sick and he'll send him home for 3 days so he won't infect the dressing room.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75