Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: EL: Ata 0 vs 1 Liv (3-1) Mo 7’
« Last post by TepidT2O on Today at 06:57:14 am »
All good things……….
The Atalanta manger is always impressive with a squad with a small budget and high turnover.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Last post by TepidT2O on Today at 06:56:51 am »
Almost like he’s just coming back from being up out for three months?

I’m astonished by the level he’s returned at and how quickly he’s found it.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Zlen on Today at 06:56:09 am »
None of the attacking subs saw the ball at all last night. I remember Danns losing one, Darwin a couple and Jota few more. All were horrible hoofs or uncontrolled panic passes in their general direction.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: EL: Ata 0 vs 1 Liv (3-1) Mo 7’
« Last post by mikey_LFC on Today at 06:55:15 am »
Absolutely not the case over the 2 legs. Unless all them Injured players were on the side telling us to continually pass backwards and never turn around and face the other goal

Think you missed the point. Our strength in the first half of the season was how well we finished games and our relative fitness allowing us to maintain pressure late in games. The injuries in the early part of this calendar year have killed us in that respect. Our team is either worn out or rusty from what happened in that period. In both games against Atalanta, they were by far the fitter side, which doesn’t happen if not for the injury crisis.
The Boozer / Re: Schools
« Last post by TepidT2O on Today at 06:55:02 am »
Most church schools still give preference to Christians of other denominations over non-Christians. If you and I lived equidistant from your school, it would accept you over me on no basis other than our religions. How is that anything other than discrimination? We don’t have hospitals of religious denominations or any other public service, not sure why schools are treated differently.
Agree.

Mind you, you are welcome to attend the church every couple of weeks. Absolutely nothing they can do then..! 
Lazy, scroungers, benefit cheaters. The demonisation of the poor and unfortunate

That was the early 2010s

And sunak is playing their greatest hits again.stopping gps giving sick notes (will never happen by the way).  If anyone could actually get health treatment it might help you utter fraud.

Disgusting
The Boozer / Re: Schools
« Last post by west_london_red on Today at 06:52:49 am »
Nothing wrong with schools that are ' religious ' . I was born into a Catholic family and went to a Church of England school. It served me well as I could count me rosary beads and bang the drum at the same time.

Most church schools still give preference to Christians of other denominations over non-Christians. If you and I lived equidistant from your school, it would accept you over me on no basis other than our religions. How is that anything other than discrimination? We don’t have hospitals of religious denominations or any other public service, not sure why schools are treated differently.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Last post by Zlen on Today at 06:52:15 am »
Very frustrating night. Started it by casually banging a few passes that 99% of footballers would screenshot, print and frame above their desk. Then for most of the game they dried up and he ended up looking silly with half dozen failed outer boot attempts. In the end, just blended in the gray backdrop of our remarkably bland performance.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by latortuga on Today at 06:52:08 am »
I think the problem we are seeing at the moment is the recently returning players are going through the struggles of finding fitness, while the uninjured players have been carrying the load for all our injuries and are seeing an element of fatigue and tiredness creep into their game.

Our style is so heavily dependent on running and when players aren't fresh because they've been asked to do too much for too long (not much we could do) and other players are unfit for 90 minute matches (65+ minute stints) it really turns us into a pretty bang average team.  It will do that to any elite athlete.

Is it any surprise that we looked like the comeback was on in the 1st half and then just fell away in the 2nd?  Fitness.

There's just a lot of individuals out there on the football field right now because our fitness levels are so unevenly spread across the spectrum.  At some point they will converge, and we will look like world beaters again, but right now it will look a lot like fatigue to many.

Without trying to fan the flames I think you can see from the subs that Klopp decided by 65 minutes we weren't going to advance without potentially risking our entire season.  If Salah scored that 2nd I imagine we might have risked more players until the end, but instead we retreated to the position of hoping that some of our returning players might miracle up a couple of goals.  I think Klopp knew that was very unlikely.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10