Author Topic: Claimimg back PPI (Loan Insurance)  (Read 35054 times)

Online Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
Re: Claimimg back PPI (Loan Insurance)
« Reply #200 on: November 27, 2017, 09:22:15 pm »
Another cheque from Barclays is on it's way to me, this time for a whopping 46 quid.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: November 27, 2017, 09:29:26 pm »
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: November 28, 2017, 03:22:15 pm »
I put in a claim to natwest over mine and they refused it, saying I knew I had it basically, knowing you've got it and knowing what it is are two different things like. After the claim, I got a letter which was titled as an annual report on how much PPI I'd been paying and how to cancel it, never had anything like that before so how they can claim I knew all about it is fucking ridiculous. They said at the time that I could take it to the ombudsman but I couldn't be arsed so I let it go. Now, they've sent me a letter saying I can make a claim because of a supreme court decision on the high level of commission.

I don't know whether to resubmit my original complaint or do this one? Mine must in some way qualify cos why send me the letter? I know it was mis-sold because I didn't know it was optional but they don't agree with me on that.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #203 on: November 28, 2017, 03:25:56 pm »
I put in a claim to natwest over mine and they refused it, saying I knew I had it basically, knowing you've got it and knowing what it is are two different things like. After the claim, I got a letter which was titled as an annual report on how much PPI I'd been paying and how to cancel it, never had anything like that before so how they can claim I knew all about it is fucking ridiculous. They said at the time that I could take it to the ombudsman but I couldn't be arsed so I let it go. Now, they've sent me a letter saying I can make a claim because of a supreme court decision on the high level of commission.

I don't know whether to resubmit my original complaint or do this one? Mine must in some way qualify cos why send me the letter? I know it was mis-sold because I didn't know it was optional but they don't agree with me on that.

How much you claiming?

Costs about £500 to refer a complaint to the Ombudsmen
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: November 28, 2017, 03:50:07 pm »

Its called the Plevin rule. There's a bit about it here https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/reclaim/2017/10/ppi-claimants-winning-four-figure-payouts-under-new-plevin-rule

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #205 on: November 28, 2017, 05:23:12 pm »

i'd resubmit the original referencing the letter you've just received if i were you.

How much you claiming?

you are right in as much as any case that goes to the ombudsman costs the finance company for it to be heard. that said the people making the decision on Claire's claim wont be influenced by that as they simply wont know

It is always a figure worth remembering though for other complaints with anyone. if you are claiming well under the £500 it can influence the cases as they'd rather settle

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: November 28, 2017, 07:42:17 pm »
How much you claiming?

Not a clue. I don't know how much the PPI was costing me off the top of my head, I'll have to dig out all the stuff, but it was over a period of about 4 years, it was a credit card that I eventually cleared by balance transfer. I was a bit financially daft then and didn't know you could do this 0% thing, and I spent 4 years paying the minimum and never seeing it come down.

Its called the Plevin rule. There's a bit about it here https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/reclaim/2017/10/ppi-claimants-winning-four-figure-payouts-under-new-plevin-rule

Cheers mate, I'll have a read.

i'd resubmit the original referencing the letter you've just received if i were you.

you are right in as much as any case that goes to the ombudsman costs the finance company for it to be heard. that said the people making the decision on Claire's claim wont be influenced by that as they simply wont know

It is always a figure worth remembering though for other complaints with anyone. if you are claiming well under the £500 it can influence the cases as they'd rather settle

Yeah, I'm starting to think that, worth a go and I guess I can still make a claim on the high interest one afterwards any way ;D

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #207 on: November 29, 2017, 10:24:07 am »
Got a text yesterday from Barclays saying they have refunded one of them. Called this morning and i'm getting a cheque for £1109. They are still looking into the other 6 I have had with them. Happy days!!!

That was from a loan from 1998
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: December 13, 2017, 12:43:12 pm »
So i told a mate about this thread and he contacted Lloyds cause of it. After receiving no paper work and a few texts to say the investigation is close to completion he's been told this week they can't find anything based on info given originally and will be sending out paper work (for third time to him). ;D

Online Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
« Reply #209 on: December 13, 2017, 04:31:31 pm »
Just cashed another cheque from Barclays, this time for 3,400 bringing the total to just over 4k from them with one more account to settle. So glad I read this thread and decided to make the enquiry online.

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You will look down and the tea will be gone.
« Reply #210 on: December 16, 2017, 02:39:22 pm »
My mum and dad went through quite a hard time when I was younger with finance. Mother slipped a disc in her back and lost her job. My dad was self-employed and had 2 heart attacks etc. Long story short, they had to sell their house and then paid off their loans with the money they had left. They had a dreadful time with the phone constantly ringing with people chasing debt.

My dad wouldn't do it (put in a PPI claim) as it caused him too much stress. I convinced my mum to do this as a 'punt'. She was not happy about doing it, but agreed as I said what's the worst that can happen. She was convinced she had never had it. Anyway, turns out she had, and got some back. Then I managed to convince my dad to try. Again, sure he never had it. He had. Got over £8k back so far (with a few still to hear from). Both, genuinely never know they had it. Basically completed forms saying as much.

Cannot describe how happy I am for them because they have always struggled with money. When I heard from my dad he said he was "literally still shaking" after finding out. I cannot recommend checking with banks enough to see if you had it. At the worst, you never had it. I'd say I spent about 2 hours total, checking with providers and filling out claim forms. Barclays easiest to deal with again.
All around you walls are tumbling down. Stop staring at the ground.

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: January 8, 2018, 02:50:03 pm »
Thanks to all who have been posting giving advice,chased 3 up got nothing off first 2 but a nice letter off Nat West today  confirming they will pay me over £3,000 on credit cards i had with them...
So trust me it's not a waste of time...Thanks again...

Offline Shazz

• Boutros Boutros Shazz, negotiator of world peace. Got the hump. Looking forward to 1,500 pennies from 24/7.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Happy Hump Day
« Reply #212 on: January 8, 2018, 07:40:44 pm »

Just had a nice letter from Mint stating that are going to give me £1707 which I think is very nice of them, to think I wasn't going to bother filling in the form. I used the free claim tool on Money saving expert's website.
http://www.voteswap.org/     

Get them out!

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #213 on: January 8, 2018, 08:12:18 pm »
Next and barclays have refunded me and Mrs LS £5600 in the last 18 months with one still in progress from 1998.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: January 11, 2018, 07:22:36 pm »
Anyone claimed anything back off MBNA? Had a virgin credit card with them for years. I have rang them and they said no PPI on account , don’t know if to believe them though. Have any of you lovely people had anything back of these?

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #215 on: January 13, 2018, 02:28:48 pm »
My uncle has had a number of credit cards, loans and mortgages since 1998 onwards. What would be the steps he needs to take to check if he was mis sold PPI and how to claim t back? Looking for an idiots guide basically. Most were with Barclays.
Justice for the 97

Offline Shazz

• Boutros Boutros Shazz, negotiator of world peace. Got the hump. Looking forward to 1,500 pennies from 24/7.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Happy Hump Day
« Reply #216 on: January 14, 2018, 08:20:50 pm »
My uncle has had a number of credit cards, loans and mortgages since 1998 onwards. What would be the steps he needs to take to check if he was mis sold PPI and how to claim t back? Looking for an idiots guide basically. Most were with Barclays.

This is what I used to make a successful claim, easy and free.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance
http://www.voteswap.org/     

Get them out!

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: February 26, 2018, 04:12:19 pm »
I'm out of work for a few weeks at the moment (hopefully no longer!) and have time to sort out our finances, we've always been slack with cash, never really paying attention to the statement, we'll never be rich!

I went into Halifax the other day to ask what the £21.09 was for that we pay them every month, alongside our mortgage. Turns out it was a Mortgage Protection Plan. I smelt a rat when she told me this, went home and Googled it, turns out that it was a product sold that is eligible for a PPI claim. £21.09 a month for 9 years works out to be £3,500 ish, with the interest.

Just called the Halifax PPI complaint line to start the ball rolling, no need to use an independent company that will rip you off.

I should be out of work more often, might paint the house next week :)

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #218 on: February 26, 2018, 07:33:24 pm »
is there a snowball in hells chance if my miss-sell was from the 80s onwards (to 96/7 on a credit card and 88 to 1995 mortgage), and I do not have account numbers?
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: February 26, 2018, 07:42:04 pm »
is there a snowball in hells chance if my miss-sell was from the 80s onwards (to 96/7 on a credit card and 88 to 1995 mortgage), and I do not have account numbers?

Not sure about the date range, but I didn't have account numbers when I called today, they found my on the system with name and postcode.

Online Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
« Reply #220 on: February 26, 2018, 09:42:52 pm »

I've had a successful credit card claim from 98/99 and didn't have the account numbers so worth trying.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #221 on: February 27, 2018, 04:30:07 pm »
This will be relevant to anyone with a card from a company called Provident Financial.

https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/provident-financial-repay-170m-customers-new-mis-selling-scandal-085623813.html
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #222 on: July 3, 2018, 02:09:07 pm »
If you made a  claim and it was denied, there may be hope yet.

https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/uk-banks-could-face-multibillion-184726289.html
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #223 on: July 7, 2018, 04:50:48 pm »
I got rejected on my claim but got a letter about I could claim again to find out if they were paid over 50%  in commission you can make a claim even if you were rejected.

Got a letter today saying I was and made me a offer of £700 I dont think thats very much seeing we were paying it for over 20 years.

So taking it to the Financial-Ombudsman so they can look into it might as well it is free to do.

So if you were rejected claim again.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: July 10, 2018, 12:28:04 pm »
I accepted a rubbish offer from Halifax a couple of years ago - something like £4 after going through Ombudsman as they refused me at first.  They made it clear this offer was the final one I was getting so I just took it, assuming waste of time.

Is there any comeback on this......or is it done and dusted because I accepted?

Stupid question probably but thought I'd see if anybody was more educated on the subject than me  ;D

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: January 21, 2019, 07:01:48 pm »
Just got a cheque through the post which I wasn't expecting. £10.39

Delighted.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline CaseRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #226 on: January 22, 2019, 05:05:22 pm »
I have been rejected by MBNA on the basis they wrote to me and I never replied. I have pointed out that the address they sent the letter to was incorrect and I never received it but they are now saying too much time has passed and I need to go to the ombudsman if I want to discuss further. Anyone had any experience of this?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #227 on: January 22, 2019, 05:09:54 pm »
I have been rejected by MBNA on the basis they wrote to me and I never replied. I have pointed out that the address they sent the letter to was incorrect and I never received it but they are now saying too much time has passed and I need to go to the ombudsman if I want to discuss further. Anyone had any experience of this?

my knowledge is a little bit rusty here but i would suspect MBNA are trying it on - call their bluff

The deadline for the UK is the 28th August this year for PPI deadlines. Companies are not allowed to set their own deadlines otherwise it would have been done by now i can assure you.

If you have a claim against MBNA i believe they are duty bound to review it. All this is as long as it hasnt been rejected for another reason but hiding behind "we wrote to you" wont wash with the ombudsman.

Put your full case to the ombudsman and let them deal with it. Costs MBNA £500 regardless then from memory and certainly costs you nothing

Edit: appears they can claim its too late if they send you a letter and you dont respond within three years

https://www.fca.org.uk/ppi/how-to-complain

You need to refer your complaint to your provider or to the Financial Ombudsman Service on or before the 29 August 2019 deadline (by 11.59pm) or else lose your right to have your complaint assessed.

29 August 2019 is the last possible deadline for consumers to make PPI complaints, but for some consumers time will run out sooner than 29 August 2019:

you will generally run out of time to complain about mis-selling 3 years after you received a letter from your provider warning you about it
or 3 years after you made an insurance claim on the PPI policy that was rejected by the insurer

for me the key bit there is "generally". i personally feel if you have moved address and you have not received the letter you will be ok to complain and i'd be surprised if the ombudsman disagreed with you

« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 05:23:24 pm by dudleyred »

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: September 4, 2019, 01:44:21 pm »
Quick question for anyone that may know. I contacted Hitachi Capital to ask if I had any PPI with them when I took out some finance a few years ago (fully paid off years ago too). They responded with:

"We have reviewed your account(s), and can confirm that no credit agreements you hold with Hitachi Capital have Payment Protection Insurance applied to them."

Now i don't know if its just not worded very well but that makes out like they are saying no credit agreements I currently hold with them have PPI applied to them. I do not have any credit agreements with them currently.

In addition to this, they didn't respond to my original inquiry until after the 29th August deadline, giving me no chance of complaining as the deadline has passed!

Is my claim dead in the water?

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: September 6, 2019, 10:04:38 am »
They're not going to try and get away with just checking existing finance. I don't know how thorough that particular bank are with information requests but they'll have most likely checked any credit you've ever had with them. But if you think they're wrong you can still send in a complaint and then refer to the ombudsman. If you've sent in an information request long before the deadline and they've taken ages to reply, I wouldn't worry too much about the deadline.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #230 on: September 7, 2019, 12:57:49 pm »
Got a pay out years ago after Lloyds genuinely mis sold me PPI, tidy sum too! Made that claim myself, and got the full pay out, quickly andd without problem.

Lately however, I have had emails from such companies as credit Hero, who have said I may be entitled to a further payout from Lloyds so I have allowed to submit another claim on my behalf.

Also, I have ongoing claims with Wonga and The Money Shop. These are a result of Instant Cash Loans Ltd who contacted me, as in their opinion they may 'owe me money' after taking out a loan from one of their companies.

I don't know what will come of these 3 claims, but any pay back will be a bonus because they unexpectedly  came to me!

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #231 on: September 16, 2019, 04:45:49 pm »
Just received a £369 payout from Lloyd's (minus £88 I owe Credit Hero for putting my claim in!) so pleased with that considering I had not intention of putting another claim myself.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You will look down and the tea will be gone.
« Reply #232 on: August 13, 2022, 08:04:18 pm »
Hi all,

If you did receive a payout after 5 April 2018, it is possible 20% tax was taken from your PPI payout. Sadly, my parents payout was in 2017. However, this is well worth a read if yours was after? You can claim the tax back (if taken).

https://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2019/04/martin-lewis--had-a-ppi-payout---if-so-you-can-reclaim-the-tax-o/

If it helps one person out in these tough times, I will be happy. Cheers.

All around you walls are tumbling down. Stop staring at the ground.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: August 17, 2022, 01:04:42 pm »
Sort of related

Anyone ever heard of or used 'Tommys Tax'

Couple of lads in work claim to have got a couple of grand from it, but hard to find any independent reviews. I don't always trust the reviews on Trust Pilot

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #234 on: August 18, 2022, 06:19:08 pm »
Sort of related

Anyone ever heard of or used 'Tommys Tax'

Couple of lads in work claim to have got a couple of grand from it, but hard to find any independent reviews. I don't always trust the reviews on Trust Pilot
Yeah a colleague in work got about £2k throughout recently. Said it was a bit of a faff finding old P60s but definitely worth it. I’m not old enough to have been missold PPI but I definitely
Think HMRC has calculated my tax wrong multiple times over the years.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: August 18, 2022, 07:38:27 pm »
Yeah a colleague in work got about £2k throughout recently. Said it was a bit of a faff finding old P60s but definitely worth it. I’m not old enough to have been missold PPI but I definitely
Think HMRC has calculated my tax wrong multiple times over the years.

From what I can tell, if you're employed they need to fiddle with your tax code, get you money, then you need to change your tax code back. Then if HMRC decide a couple of years down the line you've underpaid you've to pay it back, potentially with penalties, and also would include the amount you've paid Tommy for fucking you over.
Seems a bit risky to me.