Author Topic: Fulham FC v Liverpool FC - 12th February - k/o: ZEBRA CROSSING WEBCAM IS ON  (Read 146789 times)

Offline TXRed

• Anny Roader
  • Just a Bible-thumpin' Liverpool-lovin' Yank
Re: Fulham FC v Liverpool FC - 12th February - k/o: 20.00
« Reply #400 on: February 10, 2014, 08:42:11 pm »
Hahahaha, they're completely scared of us. Petrified. Any excuse to delay the inevitable thrashing, eh? Hope we stomp them and they get relegated for trying to pull this off.

Offline JG-7

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #401 on: February 10, 2014, 08:42:12 pm »
what a bunch of bullllllshit. glad we'll be rested for our fa cup game with arsenal...not. the shittiest thing is this could really hurt our season. does anyone have a sense of how likely is a deal will be struck with the unions?

Won't happen now, the strike will be going ahead. We as a club should offer to provide coaches for the 290 staff if need be, wouldn't be too costly. Moving the game between Cardiff away and Spurs at home which is what Fulham want to do won't be good for us at all.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #402 on: February 10, 2014, 08:42:25 pm »
thanks. i hate to be ~that guy~ but you could see this being this season's beachball moment. i'm probably overreacting but hey

Beachball was mad bad luck.

This is a cynical, deliberate tactic.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #403 on: February 10, 2014, 08:42:32 pm »
Would laugh my tits off if they ended up getting docked three points for this like Middlesbrough did and went down because of it. If only.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #404 on: February 10, 2014, 08:43:05 pm »
Absolute joke. Over a month to come up with a contingency plan.

.......and what about the fantasy football decisions. Fucking hell. Too much to take in.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #405 on: February 10, 2014, 08:43:41 pm »
And according to their own website, it's a 10-15 minute walk! In many respects, it's easier than getting the tube.
Lay on a shuttle bus from that point ?

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: February 10, 2014, 08:45:27 pm »
fuck off Fulham, 

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #407 on: February 10, 2014, 08:45:46 pm »
This is all because we tapped up Clint Dempsey isn't it! ;D
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Pricey

• Might actually be Petey.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: February 10, 2014, 08:46:08 pm »
I travel to every home game and walk 30 minutes to the stadium out of choice, it's better for avoiding traffic. Anyone who frequently goes to football matches knows how bad traffic is. Even with the best football transport in the world expect delays, it's natural with the amount of people. From what people have said there are buses, taxis, and overground services available and 3 hours from 5pm (if people work) to get there. It's more than enough time.

If anyone had any shout to call this game off it'd be us, and nothing has been said on our part about having this game off. This is a pathetic, underhand attempt to call them game off because their team is fucked and they're playing us a few days later. If the FA fail to recognize that they're even more of a laughing stock than i thought.

If Fulham can chose to postpone a match whenever they feel where does this stop? Teams will be doing it all the time for any number of reasons. What about people who have booked trains, flights, hotels, ect, what happens to them? It's going ahead, the FA can't be cancelling games for this bullshit because by backing down they open the floodgates to a number of other teams doing it at other points and pointing back to this. They can't be seen to be weak.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 08:47:55 pm by Pricey »

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #409 on: February 10, 2014, 08:46:37 pm »
Can't see them getting away with such a spineless, audacious stunt.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline JG-7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: February 10, 2014, 08:46:53 pm »

If the staff really couldn't face the walk (20 mins max) then it would be so easy to lay on a few shuttle buses or even coaches. We, as a club should publicly offer to provide this and see how they squirm out of it. Wouldn't even be too costly.

Assuming around 290/300 staff, 10 buses would ensure all staff arrive at the ground in good time. Really should be no excuse. Small club behaviour this is.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #411 on: February 10, 2014, 08:47:12 pm »
Can't see them getting away with such a spineless, audacious stunt.

Really? Its the FA of course they will postpone it. Bunch of incompetent twats.

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: February 10, 2014, 08:47:24 pm »
This gets called off and Spurs win they go level on points with us and get a huge psychological boost and more pressure gets heaped on us to win the game in hand.  :butt

Offline AFX

• Kopite
« Reply #413 on: February 10, 2014, 08:47:28 pm »
Surely common sense will prevail and this will get played. Surely!
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #414 on: February 10, 2014, 08:48:06 pm »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #415 on: February 10, 2014, 08:48:12 pm »
This gets called off and Spurs win they go level on points with us and get a huge psychological boost and more pressure gets heaped on us to win the game in hand.  :butt

Lovely stuff.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #416 on: February 10, 2014, 08:48:24 pm »
If the staff really couldn't face the walk (20 mins max) then it would be so easy to lay on a few shuttle buses or even coaches. We, as a club should publicly offer to provide this and see how they squirm out of it. Wouldn't even be too costly.

Assuming around 290/300 staff, 10 buses would ensure all staff arrive at the ground in good time. Really should be no excuse. Small club behaviour this is.

We need to call their bluff. If we do successfully then we better fucking win after all this !
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline OldBloke

• Kopite
  • In the 5th, my ass goes down.
« Reply #417 on: February 10, 2014, 08:48:55 pm »
I don't think the FA will be keen to postpone this game. If this year's weather goes anything like last year's it is about to start snowing any day now and there will be a big fixture backlog anyway, especially at shitholes like Fulham.

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: February 10, 2014, 08:49:05 pm »
Hope that we dont get distracted and drop the ball here.

Offline JG-7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: February 10, 2014, 08:49:06 pm »
Surely common sense will prevail and this will get played. Surely!

FA/Premier League/Met Police and common sense don't go hand in hand.

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: February 10, 2014, 08:49:24 pm »

To be fair I don't think the 15 minute walk is the issue. Most of the staff who live in the east would rely on the tube to get them to the far side of the city as they won't have overground stations near where they live that link all that easily to the West.

However if they really wanted to do this and they will all know how, just get a fucking 15 minute bus into the city centre at Waterloo and a train from there to Putney. Couldn't be easier. It's their job so why is this an excuse ?

This is annoying me too much !!
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline jeremyh94

• Anny Roader
« Reply #421 on: February 10, 2014, 08:49:46 pm »
How about a river bus? Or will the pitch be flooded?

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: February 10, 2014, 08:49:58 pm »
How about ... ALL the clubs in the bottom half threaten legal action against the Premier League if they are not allowed to postpone their game should the Fulham game be postponed ??

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: February 10, 2014, 08:50:20 pm »
Who cares when it is played. I hope it isn't postponed, but we'll win it regardless.

Offline Pricey

• Might actually be Petey.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: February 10, 2014, 08:50:31 pm »
If anything, if this fails they're even more fucked than they were already.

THEY'RE POKING THE BEE'S NEST!!

SUAREZ IS SAT AT HOME DRINKING HIS CRAZY TEA LAUGHING HIS TITS OF AT THE THOUGHT OF STEVE "STEALING A LIVING" SIDWELL SHITTING HIS PANTS AT THE THOUGH OF FACING US.

Shows how confident they are. When this game goes ahead Brendan needs to drill that into them, they wanted this fucking game called off, that's what they're about, now lets show them why they wanted it off.

Offline _Redman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: February 10, 2014, 08:51:02 pm »
Tony Barrett @TonyBarretTimes
I'm trying to see this one from all sides (club, workers etc) but when it comes down to it it's madness. The game shouldn't be in any doubt. This wave of strikes was announced on Jan 10. Fulham have had a month to come up with a contingency but only put out a statement today.

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #426 on: February 10, 2014, 08:51:02 pm »
Cycnical as fuck playing the 'safety' card. They had a twat hard game Sunday and are shitting themselves. Probably getting there 'staff' to come up with every excuse they cant make it....yet the rest of London wont be getting cancelled....Hospitals for fucks sake!

The league should tell them to make their own arrangement to bus staff in, if not, they should be docked points and we get three plus a scoreline commensurate with our form...so that's a 0-7 win!

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: February 10, 2014, 08:51:33 pm »
Who cares when it is played. I hope it isn't postponed, but we'll win it regardless.

every one

Offline JG-7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: February 10, 2014, 08:52:19 pm »
To be fair I don't think the 15 minute walk is the issue. Most of the staff who live in the east would rely on the tube to get them to the far side of the city as they won't have overground stations near where they live that link all that easily to the West.

However if they really wanted to do this and they will all know how, just get a fucking 15 minute bus into the city centre at Waterloo and a train from there to Putney. Couldn't be easier. It's their job so why is this an excuse ?

This is annoying me too much !!

If this was any other profession, a tube strike would not be an excuse to not turn up to work, especially when there are other means to make the journey. Why is it any different in this case? Ridiculous. The stewards will all live in London and will all know the quickest buses/overgrounds to take.

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #429 on: February 10, 2014, 08:52:53 pm »

It really isn't that dramatic.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #430 on: February 10, 2014, 08:53:14 pm »

Probably all the people who are traveling that booked tickets, flights and hotels.

Offline JG-7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: February 10, 2014, 08:53:41 pm »

The fans who have booked train tickets, hotels and have booked time off work. Have you seen when Fulham want it played? Right in-between Cardiff away and Spurs at home. 

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #432 on: February 10, 2014, 08:54:04 pm »
This is a fucking night game , not 9am ! I would be amazed if they get away with this

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #433 on: February 10, 2014, 08:54:16 pm »
Is it just a ploy to get the game played at a later date and then get the tv money?? :no
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: February 10, 2014, 08:54:37 pm »
Probably all the people who are traveling that booked tickets, flights and hotels.

Sorry.  Fair point, didn't mean it like that.

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #435 on: February 10, 2014, 08:54:42 pm »
tony barrett has summed it up perfectly. They have had a month to make a contingency plan and clearly haven't bothered. Other relegation threatened sides will be making all sorts of noises about this as well. I actually think it will be on because they will be threatened with a points deduction or commensurate penalty. It is cynical bullshit. Nothing more, nothing less.

Offline wesralph84

• Main Stander
« Reply #436 on: February 10, 2014, 08:55:22 pm »
I live in london and last week although the tubes were affected with selected station closures most were running with the worst services being every 10 mins.  There is no reason for this game to be cancelled as the tubes will be running albeit with delays (nothing new). Surely the premier league won't allow this based on games being on last week with not 1 delayed kick off or reported issue.

Surely they can't get away with this as it's obvious they don't want 2 games in quick succession.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #437 on: February 10, 2014, 08:55:35 pm »
I assume the rest of London is shutting down aswell.

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: February 10, 2014, 08:55:36 pm »
It really isn't that dramatic.

But it's exactly what is going to happen.

Offline JG-7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: February 10, 2014, 08:56:34 pm »
Is it just a ploy to get the game played at a later date and then get the tv money?? :no

Probably more due to the fact their striker is injured, they are massively fatigued from the weekend and they are shit scared I'd say.