Author Topic: Those chants  (Read 181236 times)

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Those chants
« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2022, 02:10:45 pm »
Sign on again. I fucking hate these. Guessing Clough's views on Liverpool fans rubbed off on them.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: October 22, 2022, 02:12:11 pm »
Sign on again. I fucking hate these. Guessing Clough's views on Liverpool fans rubbed off on them.

Sign on is lazy, bigoted Tory drivel. Disgraceful and nobody else would have to put up with it again and again.

But - it's the others that are vicious, evil and beyond the pale.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2022, 05:48:43 pm »
Cut their allocation at Anfield. Same for any club whose 'fans' sing this filth. Keep cutting it until they can behave like civilised human beings.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #163 on: October 22, 2022, 05:52:20 pm »
Proper c*nts today, this shower.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: October 22, 2022, 06:16:25 pm »
Cut their allocation at Anfield. Same for any club whose 'fans' sing this filth. Keep cutting it until they can behave like civilised human beings.

This. I wish the club would take this stance.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: October 22, 2022, 06:36:19 pm »
With Forest it’s probably a combo of those still lurking around from the Clough era who have that drivel indoctrinated into them, and newer fans who’ve been stuck in the lower leagues and are excited to bring out the full sheet of tired shite sung against Liverpool, although not one of them could tell you why they hate us so much.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #166 on: October 22, 2022, 07:00:45 pm »
This. I wish the club would take this stance.
Maybe some pressure needs to be put on the club over this now. We have bereaved families and survivors sat in our ground and being forced to listen to this appalling filth virtually every home game. They then see the perpetrators waltz out of the ground without a care in the world. No comeback on them whatsoever.

We really should warn visiting fanbases now, then cut away allocations to every one of them that persist. We have more than enough fans clamouring for tickets to see us play. If it eventually means some fanbases get no allocation, the so be it. Just sell the allocation to Reds.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: October 22, 2022, 08:22:12 pm »
Maybe some pressure needs to be put on the club over this now. We have bereaved families and survivors sat in our ground and being forced to listen to this appalling filth virtually every home game. They then see the perpetrators waltz out of the ground without a care in the world. No comeback on them whatsoever.

We really should warn visiting fanbases now, then cut away allocations to every one of them that persist. We have more than enough fans clamouring for tickets to see us play. If it eventually means some fanbases get no allocation, the so be it. Just sell the allocation to Reds.

Yeah I agree. Something needs to be done. It’s not good enough to just brush it under the carpet. As you say we have reds who are survivors or family members who have to listen to the shite from most away sections at Anfield. That apology from Guardiola was shameful. The club should definitely be looking at cutting allocation or giving certain clubs none at all. The statement from the club last week was quite damning and rightly so, but more needs to be done. I hope it is going on behind the scenes. Aside from the fact I am a red, I have no ties to hillsborough and it makes me so angry and hurts to listen to it, so I dread to think what people who have connections to it feel.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #168 on: October 22, 2022, 09:02:11 pm »
I do wish people would stop throwing this in as an excuse, fair enough if he were thick as mince and had been here for a few weeks but that is not the case here, ten years in the country and you can tell during his interviews that he has built up a greater vocabulary and ability to articulate which exceeds natives like Jack Grealish.

When he talks like a c*nt he knows he is talking like a c*nt but he doesn't care because he's an arrogant prick and takes the blood-soaked coin quite happily.

I have been living in Spain for years now and still wouldn´t understand half the shit they sing in Spanish. I speak it fairly well as well. I have newfound respect for anyone moving to a country where you are not a native to the language. It's difficult, and I´m not going to shit on non-native speakers in England failing to understand what a bunch of inbred c*nts are singing. Klopp also says he doesn´t know the words to what's getting sang half the time.

In fact, I sometimes have to strain to hear what English people are singing on the rare occasion they come up with something not from the Little League Songbook.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: October 22, 2022, 10:23:26 pm »

Easy said than done, but I know alot of Mancs/Londoners who find us singing sick songs about Munich/Rent boys offensive or even anti monachy stuff. It's all in their excuse book unfortunately, even City throwing a smashed up bus into it. Its all gone overboard these days, chants are getting nastier.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: October 22, 2022, 10:35:50 pm »
Forest have always been a bunch of c*nts. Shit Tory place for a long time aswell.

They were famous for 10 minutes thanks to that nasty alcoholic c*nt Clough - they'll be back down by the end of the year.

It's always worse when they behave like this as they were there.

Even Clough treated the forest fans with the respect they deserve back in the day

https://twitter.com/90sPlayers/status/985211118854471680

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #171 on: October 22, 2022, 10:38:07 pm »
Easy said than done, but I know alot of Mancs/Londoners who find us singing sick songs about Munich/Rent boys offensive or even anti monachy stuff. It's all in their excuse book unfortunately, even City throwing a smashed up bus into it. Its all gone overboard these days, chants are getting nastier.

When did we last sing about Munich? It seems to be a regularly repeated urban myth that those chants are currently in use.

And I think the rent boys one has been binned?

Offline KevLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: October 22, 2022, 10:55:50 pm »
When did we last sing about Munich? It seems to be a regularly repeated urban myth that those chants are currently in use.

I am not sure but you do get idiots of that nature. You can't control everyone but sick chants have to stop, fine clubs if you have to. Petition to the FA? Ban certain fans.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: October 22, 2022, 11:00:46 pm »
I am not sure but you do get idiots of that nature. You can't control everyone but sick chants have to stop, fine clubs if you have to. Petition to the FA? Ban certain fans.

We get the always the victims and murderers at almost every home game. Maybe with few exceptions. But mostly every home game. And nothing is done or said about it.  In the European home games, we obviously don’t get it. But PL it’s majority of away fans.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: October 22, 2022, 11:03:19 pm »

But you said you know loads who allege we sing about Munich.

Surely they could tell you what match it was sung at?

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2022, 11:07:00 pm »

The irony is how many people were forced to sign on after these shower of bastards crossed picket lines and facilitated Thatcher destroying the mining industry. Which resulted in the loss of hundreds of thousands of jobs.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: October 22, 2022, 11:07:59 pm »

Yep, no evidence of Munich singing en masse at all. Sick of people comparing tens of thousands of opposition fans singing about Hillsborough every week, to three idiots that they saw on a ropey video singing about Munich from 2014. They're not the same thing at all. You can't account for every, single person in the crowd but you can account for an entire away end or the whole of the City Ground.

And if we continue to sing the rent boys chants and Chelsea want to reduce our allocation, then so be it. It would be our own fault for continuing with that shit.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 11:26:16 pm by Koplass »
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: October 22, 2022, 11:13:31 pm »
The irony is how many people were forced to sign on after these shower of bastards crossed picket lines and facilitated Thatcher destroying the mining industry. Which resulted in the loss of hundreds of thousands of jobs.

Albeit Clough supported the Anti Nazi League and stood on miners picket lines.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/apr/25/sport.comment1

I wonder if his views about Liverpool were exacerbated by his descent into alcoholism?

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: October 22, 2022, 11:13:48 pm »
I found the reaction from some of our fans to be really disappointing when the inappropriateness of the ‘rent boys’ chant was raised.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: October 22, 2022, 11:17:16 pm »
I found the reaction from some of our fans to be really disappointing when the inappropriateness of the ‘rent boys’ chant was raised.

There was certainly a discussion in here about the rent boy chants and I think some views were changed.

Can’t speak for all though but it may be helpful for the club to highlight the inappropriateness of the chant.

Offline KevLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: October 22, 2022, 11:20:13 pm »

Whatever, wherever kick them out. If nothing happens sick chants will continue. Other clubs just join on the sick bandwagon and then think it's OK because nothing will get done.

Offline Jordellsu

• Kemlynite
« Reply #181 on: October 22, 2022, 11:53:49 pm »
The Munich chants at anfield stopped in 1988, before Hillsborough. I was at the game where the echo and MEN had made the appeal about the shankly and Munich chanting stopping and it got booed down from that point.
Article here if the link works. https://anfieldindex.com/24941/liverpool-man-united-centuries-old-rivalry.html

It pisses me off when us singing that is used an excuse as it has not happened inside anfield for 34 years and we did not stop it as a result of what happened in 89, it had already stopped.

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #182 on: October 23, 2022, 12:20:13 am »
The more we moan about this, the more it will happen.

Fans pick whatever they can to hurt the opposition fans.

We’re not dealing with sober empathetic individuals, most are angry drunks wanting to lash out.

Always happened and always will.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: October 23, 2022, 12:23:35 am »
All well and good but saying fuck all and ignoring the c*nts  hasn't worked has it.

Fuck this turning the other cheek bollocks.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #184 on: October 23, 2022, 12:25:40 am »
All well and good but saying fuck all and ignoring the c*nts  hasn't worked has it.

Fuck this turning the other cheek bollocks.

Unless it becomes a criminal offence - like racism, homophobia etc., I can’t see it ever changing.

Hope I’m wrong though.

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #185 on: October 23, 2022, 12:26:07 am »

We’re not dealing with sober empathetic individuals, most are angry drunks wanting to lash out.

Always happened doesn’t mean it should continue. You won’t deal with the individuals, but you can cut their fans ticket allocation, it needs dealing with on a League level.

I miss the days when some of the songs were funny, everyone can appreciate piss taking, but this lot haven’t the brains for anything else.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: October 23, 2022, 12:27:44 am »
Always happened doesn’t mean it should continue. You won’t deal with the individuals, but you can cut their fans ticket allocation, it needs dealing with on a League level.

I miss the days when some of the songs were funny, everyone can appreciate piss taking, but this lot haven’t the brains for anything else.

Never a peep from the premier league or the fa is there about it? Our statement last weekend was pretty damning but remains to be seen whether we would actually cut allocations.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #187 on: October 23, 2022, 12:28:17 am »

Doesn’t make it right.

Perhaps a form of escalating financial punishments for clubs whose fans sing these type of chants (there would need to be some type of guidelines drawn up covering what isnt acceptable), would help eventually as clubs would become more proactive in working with fans to stop it due to the financial penalties.

Each time it’s proven a larger fine for the clubs involved. Eventually as the fines and impact get higher for the clubs (most of) their fans would realise they’re hurting their own clubs. Who’s knows if would work,  but they need to try something
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 12:31:08 am by duvva »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: October 23, 2022, 12:54:31 am »
Unless it becomes a criminal offence - like racism, homophobia etc., I can’t see it ever changing.

Hope I’m wrong though.

Doesn't have to be a criminal offence to stop it happening. Its about basic decency and humanity. Ban them from Anfield for a start. Cut allocations and put public pressure on the visiting team, they know exactly who they are.  Then ban them from their own ground all. So what if its hundreds of them. Sing songs about your own team or give our lads stick and jeers and whistles but leave innocent people and families who lost loved ones out of it. I live in a place where an atrocity took place years ago and to this day I hear it used by disgusting people to try to get one over on others.  Every club in the country should be backing us up here, not addressing it or trying to ignore it shouldn't be accepted. The game is a nasty vindictive environment enough as it is

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #189 on: October 23, 2022, 03:10:11 am »
Vile Forest fans as usual.

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #190 on: October 23, 2022, 11:22:04 am »
Doesn't have to be a criminal offence to stop it happening. Its about basic decency and humanity. Ban them from Anfield for a start. Cut allocations and put public pressure on the visiting team, they know exactly who they are.  Then ban them from their own ground all. So what if its hundreds of them. Sing songs about your own team or give our lads stick and jeers and whistles but leave innocent people and families who lost loved ones out of it. I live in a place where an atrocity took place years ago and to this day I hear it used by disgusting people to try to get one over on others.  Every club in the country should be backing us up here, not addressing it or trying to ignore it shouldn't be accepted. The game is a nasty vindictive environment enough as it is

Trying to set and enforce a moral benchmark is virtually on impossible - money talks and clubs protect their own interests.  The intent is good but how we get there needs more discussion and thought.  I’ve been in OT away end and seen equally vile behaviour - if we want to go down that road the only answer would be no away fans at football matches full stop.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: October 23, 2022, 11:37:53 am »
Trying to set and enforce a moral benchmark is virtually on impossible - money talks and clubs protect their own interests.  The intent is good but how we get there needs more discussion and thought.  I’ve been in OT away end and seen equally vile behaviour - if we want to go down that road the only answer would be no away fans at football matches full stop.

Out if interest when did you witness the vile behaviour at OT?

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #192 on: October 23, 2022, 11:46:23 am »

Probably for the best in the PL at least, although Forest and the like would still chant the same abuse at us when we go there, so it still wouldn't stop the toxicity.

One good thing about the empty grounds season was not having to list to the bile from the away end at Anfield or the home ends when we go away.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #193 on: October 23, 2022, 12:05:47 pm »
Out if interest when did you witness the vile behaviour at OT?

Since Rafa days I’ve been a fair few times - my most recent memory was cups of excrement being thrown.  Unfortunately you get idiots everywhere.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: October 23, 2022, 01:45:43 pm »
Since Rafa days I’ve been a fair few times - my most recent memory was cups of excrement being thrown.  Unfortunately you get idiots everywhere.

Vile behaviour but no Munich chants.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #195 on: October 23, 2022, 02:50:01 pm »

How ironic, Chlease fans singing homophobic songs..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63361841
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: October 23, 2022, 02:53:09 pm »

It was United fans.

Interestingly there is a contact firm to complete to complain about such chants.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 02:54:45 pm by So... Howard Phillips »

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #197 on: October 23, 2022, 02:54:27 pm »
It was United fans.

Think the Chelsea fans sang something about Varane?
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: October 23, 2022, 02:55:53 pm »
Think the Chelsea fans sang something about Varane?

Yeah. Not sure what though as Chelsea rent boy wouldn’t make sense.

Without discriminating both sets of fans are thick.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #199 on: October 23, 2022, 03:04:55 pm »

the reporting of this is so different to how ours was reported. We basically had a footnote in the article about pep getting coins thrown at him.
YNWA