Author Topic: The Daniel Sturridge  (Read 289819 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: The Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #2440 on: February 17, 2021, 11:33:51 am »
if he did take a covid test he would probably be out for 6 months with a broken nostril
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2441 on: February 17, 2021, 04:43:49 pm »
He's just had his first kid hasnt he? And I assume him and his partner live in America. I cant imagine he's in a great rush to come and isolate for ten days in England on the off chance he can get a short term contract to play under Steve Bruce, Sam Allardyce or one of their ilk

I mean if he wants to play football at a higher level than the MLS then what choice does he have? He's been out the game a while now, any longer and he'll not be getting another chance.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2442 on: May 24, 2021, 08:19:56 pm »
Reading through the Keita thread made me think of Sturridge. I can't believe that there was no club in the world willing to take a punt on him. He's still only 31 and you don't lose the ability that he has over night.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2443 on: May 25, 2021, 12:43:00 am »
I can't believe that there was no club in the world willing to take a punt on him. He's still only 31 and you don't lose the ability that he has over night.

The Athletic had a piece last summer that nailed his situation. They anonymously interviewed several agents and executives at various clubs and they all said the same thing. In a pandemic-impacted season, you cannot hold out hoping for a better deal in January, because there won't be one. Clubs aren't going to want to deal with the quarantining and the extra time needed to get you match fit, when there is the possibility that a squad could have a COVID outbreak at any point. Additionally, clubs were anticipating that they might not have fans all season, so money would be tight. And they were right. He should have taken up the most suitable offer available to him last summer, even if it was a one-year deal. I'm not sure if he gets a PL return after a year not playing at his age/given his injury history.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 12:44:32 am by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2444 on: May 28, 2021, 11:50:29 am »
I last saw him with members of DSS (Dark Skin Society) in LA. Needs to knock that shit on the head as he was the only unemployed one of the lot (actors and musicians made up the rest). He is gonna have to be very humble with his wage demands I reckon. But he could still make a very good living as he wounds down

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2445 on: May 28, 2021, 12:35:25 pm »
Nah, he's human and is entitled to enjoy his life just as much as the rest of them. The guy could probably retire now and like a comfortable life, whether he's with a team or not means fuck all to be honest.

Only famous people could get shit for spending time with their friends

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2446 on: May 28, 2021, 12:38:05 pm »
I last saw him with members of DSS (Dark Skin Society) in LA. Needs to knock that shit on the head as he was the only unemployed one of the lot (actors and musicians made up the rest). He is gonna have to be very humble with his wage demands I reckon. But he could still make a very good living as he wounds down

He needs to knock what shit on it's head? Having a life? Weird thing to suggest.

The guy is coming up to 32, and had countless injury problems. Most in his position would have, and have, retired by now.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2447 on: May 28, 2021, 12:39:17 pm »

Deary me :D

I can't imagine he's struggling financially. If his choice is retire in LA with the tens of millions he must already have earned through football or come and play for West Brom on Ł15k a week I dont think its a difficult call is it.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2448 on: May 28, 2021, 12:40:40 pm »
He can do what he pleases, he's earned tons of money, some utter loons on here.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2449 on: May 28, 2021, 12:49:38 pm »
Of course he can do what he wants. He is already a millionaire but unless I missed the memo he hasn't retired

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2450 on: May 28, 2021, 12:51:36 pm »
Deary me :D

I can't imagine he's struggling financially. If his choice is retire in LA with the tens of millions he must already have earned through football or come and play for West Brom on Ł15k a week I dont think its a difficult call is it.
Not for us no, but for a footballer who still wants to do it you should grab that Ł15k with both hands.

I would suggest playing MLS but unless he is a designated player the money wouldn't be worth his while

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2451 on: May 28, 2021, 12:52:53 pm »
Of course he can do what he wants. He is already a millionaire but unless I missed the memo he hasn't retired

And?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2452 on: May 28, 2021, 12:58:54 pm »

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2453 on: May 28, 2021, 01:26:04 pm »
He can do what he pleases, he's earned tons of money, some utter loons on here.

Yep, and as I understand it, he has a lot of interests outside of football.

I still get frustrated (not at him) thinking about how unlucky he was with injuries, he was super talented and was good enough to be part of this current squad.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2454 on: May 28, 2021, 01:35:58 pm »
And so i want him to get a new club.
So its not possible to chew gum and walk at the same time? The lad is entitled to wait for the opportunity that suits him, not what you think he should do. Why should he play for 15k wages if we can get a better deal? And that's not to say that he's asking for silly money, but know your self-worth.

You posted as if he was standing on the corner being a smackhead.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2455 on: May 28, 2021, 01:43:26 pm »
So its not possible to chew gum and walk at the same time? The lad is entitled to wait for the opportunity that suits him, not what you think he should do. Why should he play for 15k wages if we can get a better deal? And that's not to say that he's asking for silly money, but know your self-worth.

You posted as if he was standing on the corner being a smackhead.

Fair point well made. Though in this climate and a whole year off uninjured, I think Ł15k is a pretty damn good deal

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2456 on: May 28, 2021, 02:14:27 pm »
In the interests of full disclosure, the Ł15k a week offer from West Brom wasn't actually a real thing and was a made up amount to make a point. I wouldnt want to be classed as an ITK and take any shine away from genuine ones like Fordy, PeterTheRed and Samie.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2457 on: May 28, 2021, 02:24:03 pm »
I knew that  :D

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2458 on: May 28, 2021, 02:27:23 pm »
In the interests of full disclosure, the Ł15k a week offer from West Brom wasn't actually a real thing and was a made up amount to make a point. I wouldnt want to be classed as an ITK and take any shine away from genuine ones like Fordy, PeterTheRed and Samie.

Ah fuck sake mate. I just lobbed Ł50 on him to join West Brom based on that. Money down the drain.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2459 on: May 28, 2021, 06:19:56 pm »
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/daniel-sturridge-im-an-english-player-and-home-is-where-the-heart-is-so-id-love-to-come-back-m5tj99t32

It's behind a paywall but the first paragraph is enough for me to eat a huge slice of humble pie

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #2460 on: May 28, 2021, 07:49:43 pm »
Fuck it, sign him up.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2461 on: May 28, 2021, 09:38:08 pm »
The training camp is great and all that, but 14 months without any game time is a loooong time in football and it'll take him a while to get anywhere near match ready.  If he's fixed his body and can handle that, then great.

Hope he finds a club and is able to contribute, he's a good lad.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2462 on: July 7, 2021, 03:59:07 pm »
I always thought towards the end of his time here, that for a professional athlete, he looked a touch out of shape and carrying extra weight. He's announced on social media he's ready to make a comeback and find a club (looks like he's living in the USA still) so I wonder if he means MLS or back to Europe?

He looks in serious shape again on some of the videos he's posted, and has clearly still got talent on the ball. He could be a good pickup for an MLS club.

One of my favourite Liverpool players of the modern era, he really was so, so naturally gifted.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2463 on: July 13, 2021, 02:41:38 pm »
Daniel has been invited to a trial with Real Mallorca.  :D

https://twitter.com/RCD_Mallorca/status/1414911510594396160

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2464 on: July 13, 2021, 09:22:16 pm »
I always thought towards the end of his time here, that for a professional athlete, he looked a touch out of shape and carrying extra weight. He's announced on social media he's ready to make a comeback and find a club (looks like he's living in the USA still) so I wonder if he means MLS or back to Europe?

He looks in serious shape again on some of the videos he's posted, and has clearly still got talent on the ball. He could be a good pickup for an MLS club.

One of my favourite Liverpool players of the modern era, he really was so, so naturally gifted.

I know he's loved the States for a long time now and him relocating to train here was of no surprise really. I think a lot of European players would/have had issues with the long travel distances and the weather that comes with an MLS season, but he would be a really shrewd pickup for an MLS side.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2465 on: July 13, 2021, 09:28:19 pm »
Daniel has been invited to a trial with Real Mallorca.  :D

https://twitter.com/RCD_Mallorca/status/1414911510594396160

I always used to think if I was a journeyman player (I know Daniel is/was much more than that) I’d love a stint at Mallorca, Tenerife or Las Palmas! Maybe a Cypriot side as well

Good luck to him.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2466 on: July 13, 2021, 09:31:16 pm »
Genuinely amazed an MLS team didn't try and get him. He'd boss that league if he could stay fit.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2467 on: July 13, 2021, 09:42:11 pm »
He's arrived and taking his medical.   :D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2468 on: July 13, 2021, 09:46:48 pm »
So he shows up to a medical wearing a big diamond earring, nose ring and a shiny fishnet vest. Clearly been spending time with some strange people in USA.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2469 on: July 13, 2021, 09:47:48 pm »
Genuinely amazed an MLS team didn't try and get him. He'd boss that league if he could stay fit.

I thought the issue was he was holding out for a European club to take him on.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2470 on: July 13, 2021, 09:50:24 pm »
I always used to think if I was a journeyman player (I know Daniel is/was much more than that) I’d love a stint at Mallorca, Tenerife or Las Palmas! Maybe a Cypriot side as well

Good luck to him.

Las Palmas would be the one mate. A bit of Gran Canaria didn't hurt anyone.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2471 on: July 13, 2021, 09:52:12 pm »
So he shows up to a medical wearing a big diamond earring, nose ring and a shiny fishnet vest. Clearly been spending time with some strange people in USA.

I get the feeling the fishnet vest was not his choice  ;D

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2472 on: July 13, 2021, 10:52:28 pm »
I get the feeling the fishnet vest was not his choice  ;D
Unless Studge thought ‘I’ll have a bit of that’ when seeing Ramos’ medical at PSG yesterday  ;D
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2473 on: September 1, 2021, 04:08:17 pm »
The birthday boy today.

What a player, what a striker. One of the best goalscorers I've ever seen. An absolute joy watching him play.

Injuries may have disrupted his career but when he was fit, I've honestly never seen a better English striker in the 30 years I've lived.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2021, 04:09:59 pm by mattD »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2474 on: September 1, 2021, 04:15:54 pm »
SIGN HIM EDWARDS!

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2475 on: September 1, 2021, 08:39:36 pm »
So did he sign for Real Mallorca in the end? Asking for a (German) friend.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2476 on: September 1, 2021, 08:53:07 pm »
Still unattached mate.  Seems like he just couldn't agree a deal with Mallorca.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2477 on: September 3, 2021, 05:32:38 am »

I fear that to get back in he is gonna need to take a really bad deal

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2478 on: September 3, 2021, 06:00:42 am »
What a great player he was - only 32 - you'd think someone would take a chance on him

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2479 on: September 3, 2021, 09:16:59 am »
I guess with money being tight everywhere in football, him probably wanting fairly hefty wages still and being practically retired for 18 months its going to be tricky.