Author Topic: Fabinho  (Read 886569 times)

Online nerdster4

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Fabinho
« Reply #7600 on: April 1, 2023, 01:54:33 pm »
Such a loose header in acres of space then 5 seconds later it’s the beginning of the end

Online Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7601 on: April 1, 2023, 02:26:30 pm »
No we can’t ‘rebuild him’. If we go into next season with him as the starting defensive midfielder people need to be having their jobs questioned. It would be insanity.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #7602 on: April 1, 2023, 02:30:15 pm »
That has to be it now
It doesn’t matter who else we’ve got he’s an absolute vacuum at the heart of the midfield … he’s got about 25 minutes running in him a game then he’s cooked

He was a disgrace in the 2nd half - i don’t give a fcuk how tired you are you can’t roll out the red carpet like that and barely seem to care
I’d start the next U23 off the rank ahead of him now if that’s what it takes

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7603 on: April 1, 2023, 02:31:40 pm »
Absolute crab who needs selling immediately this summer.

Offline fallenhd

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7604 on: April 1, 2023, 02:32:52 pm »
That has to be it now
It doesn’t matter who else we’ve got he’s an absolute vacuum at the heart of the midfield … he’s got about 25 minutes running in him a game then he’s cooked

He was a disgrace in the 2nd half - i don’t give a fcuk how tired you are you can’t roll out the red carpet like that and barely seem to care
I’d start the next U23 off the rank ahead of him now if that’s what it takes

WTF am I seeing. He was literally a one man MF the entire game. We were fortunate he was piecing things together in the 1st half. The guy on his left was terrible the entire game but he get's single out. State of this forum.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7605 on: April 1, 2023, 02:33:13 pm »
No we can’t ‘rebuild him’. If we go into next season with him as the starting defensive midfielder people need to be having their jobs questioned. It would be insanity.

Yep, if he was 5 or 6 out of 10 each week there might be a case that we could get him up to a 7 or 8 again but he barely looks like a footballer, there's no dramatic comeback to where he's good enough again.

Hopefully he asks for a move as there's no chance we tell him he's not wanted.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #7606 on: April 1, 2023, 02:33:58 pm »
WTF am I seeing. He was literally a one man MF the entire game. We were fortunate he was piecing things together in the 1st half. The guy on his left was terrible the entire game but he get's single out. State of this forum.

Haha he was fucking awful himself mate

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7607 on: April 1, 2023, 02:34:59 pm »
Would be very typical of the club to offer him a new contract, anything to stop FSG splashing out.

Offline fallenhd

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7608 on: April 1, 2023, 02:35:55 pm »
Haha he was fucking awful himself mate

Try being good being 100% gf the time being the only functioning MF against City. He wasn't good as he was 1st half but the entire team wern't and he certainly wasn;t getting help from the two either side of him. He has not been his best this season that clerar. But he certainly wasn't the problem today.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7609 on: April 5, 2023, 03:12:43 pm »
His reaction (or lack of) to the Ali/Matip mix up was bewildering.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7610 on: April 9, 2023, 06:45:51 pm »
Thought he was good today

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7611 on: April 9, 2023, 07:16:22 pm »
me too.

don't type too loud though, or we'll be inundated with assholes screaming for him to be beheaded or something.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7612 on: April 9, 2023, 07:17:59 pm »
Was ok, he's been slightly better recently but him trying to run back for their first goal was horrendous to watch, he just give up knowing he was gonna get nowhere hear him.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7613 on: April 9, 2023, 07:21:27 pm »

Dont think he was good at all. He was late to everything, second half Partey just knocks the ball to the right and Fabinho is done all ends up.

Would love to see his stats for this game.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #7614 on: April 9, 2023, 09:19:44 pm »
Dont think he was good at all. He was late to everything, second half Partey just knocks the ball to the right and Fabinho is done all ends up.

Would love to see his stats for this game.
I'm kind of in between, but closer to your view. He was better than his normal of late, but he was slow overall tracking and covering gaps. Had he had the legs, he the first goal of theirs might not have happened, but he was never fast enough to cover the gap in the center, I think.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #7615 on: April 9, 2023, 10:01:26 pm »

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7616 on: April 10, 2023, 11:31:17 am »
Still looked off the pace defensively but some of his passing was great.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7617 on: April 10, 2023, 11:35:58 am »
He wasn't great. Replacing him is a priority this summer.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7618 on: April 10, 2023, 06:48:22 pm »
He wasn't great. Replacing him is a priority this summer.
You’ve said that about nearly the entire squad!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #7619 on: April 10, 2023, 06:57:30 pm »
The fact they have put Trent next to him whenever we have the ball shows that he has no place in the team.

The system will move past him next season and there won't be a place for him

Offline L.Suarez

• Kopite
  • When there snow hope, support.
« Reply #7620 on: April 17, 2023, 09:57:13 pm »
Want to give a shout out to the man, his positioning was very good, slotting at CB when Konate needed to be wide, for me his best game of the season.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7621 on: April 17, 2023, 09:58:08 pm »
The fact they have put Trent next to him whenever we have the ball shows that he has no place in the team.

The system will move past him next season and there won't be a place for him

Not really. City do it with Rodri and Rodri is pretty exceptional.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7622 on: April 17, 2023, 09:58:12 pm »
 Replacing him is a priority.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #7623 on: April 17, 2023, 09:58:34 pm »
Got to be careful next couple of games as another booking would give him a ban before the amnesty. Seems to get a yellow every game.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7624 on: April 17, 2023, 10:25:44 pm »
Replacing him is a priority.
I thought he was alright. I don't think he's going anywhere.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7625 on: April 22, 2023, 05:17:37 pm »
pleased we navigated game one of two with the jeopardy of him getting a 10th yellow and missing two games. wasn't great though. made a nice tackle early doors leading to a counter, but it stands out in the memory because of the absence of achieving much else off the ball all day.

his ball watching for the first goal was truly atrocious. you'd hope his teammates and coaches make that clear to him after the game, noone seemed too bothered at the time, that he just watched two players get a free run at our defenders before remembering what his job is

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7626 on: April 23, 2023, 06:30:17 am »
pleased we navigated game one of two with the jeopardy of him getting a 10th yellow and missing two games. wasn't great though. made a nice tackle early doors leading to a counter, but it stands out in the memory because of the absence of achieving much else off the ball all day.

his ball watching for the first goal was truly atrocious. you'd hope his teammates and coaches make that clear to him after the game, noone seemed too bothered at the time, that he just watched two players get a free run at our defenders before remembering what his job is
Next game is on full rest but I wonder if he get rotated out to avoid that Yellow, I would rather him start then coming off the bench if he playing.
The most annoyed I was at played on the first goal was Robertson, Dont block shots where you cant get close to the player from distance, Alisson has it covered. Alisson saves that otherwise. it was a low percentage shot too.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 06:32:04 am by RedG13 »

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7627 on: April 23, 2023, 01:27:33 pm »
Next game is on full rest but I wonder if he get rotated out to avoid that Yellow, I would rather him start then coming off the bench if he playing.
The most annoyed I was at played on the first goal was Robertson, Dont block shots where you cant get close to the player from distance, Alisson has it covered. Alisson saves that otherwise. it was a low percentage shot too.
nope - we play West Ham on Wednesday.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7628 on: April 23, 2023, 01:47:17 pm »

Can’t blame Robbo for that as a defender your job is to defend the goal you are basically saying let Williams have a free shot and I guarantee if he did that and it goes in people wouldn’t be ok with that.

The problem was with this daft system we are playing with Robbo tucked in if we get counted on that far side is wide open it’s far too risky for me.

City can get away with it as they play more of a low risk passing game and are better than everyone at keeping the ball.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7629 on: April 23, 2023, 01:47:20 pm »

I see your point, but it'd have been worse if he just did nothing given what was unfolding.

honestly, fabinho just seemed to forget he was supposed to be trying to defend during the throw in, it was bizarre. not sure it's more concerning when he looks like he's lost track that he's playing a game, or when he just gives up and doesn't try running like against city and madrid

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7630 on: April 26, 2023, 10:15:47 pm »
Thought he played well tonight. Back to winning the ball more.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #7631 on: April 26, 2023, 10:18:28 pm »
Funny in that I thought he was terrible and should have been the first one off the field. Always just a reminder that what we think midfielders should be doing is in the eye of the beholder.

Online Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7632 on: April 26, 2023, 10:57:26 pm »
Funny in that I thought he was terrible and should have been the first one off the field. Always just a reminder that what we think midfielders should be doing is in the eye of the beholder.

Wow! He was my MOTM.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7633 on: April 26, 2023, 11:02:29 pm »
He was really good tonight, one of the best out there

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7634 on: April 26, 2023, 11:03:11 pm »
after all these decades watching football, it never ceases to amaze me how two people can see the same game - even sitting next to each other - and come away in complete disagreement about how players performed.

happens every single game, bar none.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #7635 on: April 26, 2023, 11:05:48 pm »
Is he still at risk of a 2 game suspension if he's booked or is it wiped at any point?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #7636 on: April 26, 2023, 11:06:28 pm »
Is he still at risk of a 2 game suspension if he's booked or is it wiped at any point?
Pretty sure tonight was the final game before it got wiped.
AHA!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #7637 on: April 26, 2023, 11:09:36 pm »
Thought he played well tonight. Back to winning the ball more.

yep.

Fab looked far more like it.

Curtis’ return to fitness has helped the midfield a lot recently, so all round performance seems a lot better. Of course still needs refreshing and strengthening, but now it isn’t looking the slow, laborious, immobile midfield it was before!

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7638 on: April 26, 2023, 11:12:56 pm »
I thought he was absolutely gassed and couldn't run at about the 60th minute.

He did a good bit of the defensive work however - as recycled the ball quite well.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7639 on: April 26, 2023, 11:20:52 pm »
He’s so much better than he was… but he still could have stopped their first…

Hopefully a proper preseason will see him back at his best… he’s certainly  on the way up again
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W