Author Topic: Coutinho  (Read 505287 times)

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Coutinho
« Reply #7920 on: January 16, 2022, 01:39:46 am »
I would happily take him back in a Thiago-type deal. Particularly if one of Mo or Mane end up leaving, which is likely in my opinion.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7921 on: January 16, 2022, 01:58:25 am »
Good start. Do Villa have the runners in behind from wide to really get the best out of him?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7922 on: January 16, 2022, 01:59:41 am »
Best right foot finesse shot in world football when he was with us

Still a magician, happy for him

Watching his compilation it was du bruyne like with some of the finishing, though du bruyne can't hit freekicks like coutinho

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #7923 on: January 16, 2022, 02:22:37 am »
I would happily take him back in a Thiago-type deal. Particularly if one of Mo or Mane end up leaving, which is likely in my opinion.
Same. Within reason, I really don’t care about past behaviour. Or at least, I wouldn’t care as soon as he sunk one of those long range efforts in the top bin. He’s not the first South American to be transfixed by the Barcelona dream.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7924 on: January 16, 2022, 03:39:12 am »
United singing a blag Liverpool song for Fernandes. Followed by Coutinho scoring the equaliser accompanied by Villa's blag version of Allez, Allez, Allez was surreal.

Always in yer head!!!
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #7925 on: January 16, 2022, 01:02:36 pm »
Phil!!  ;D :lmao

Didn’t take him long! He scored an absolute worldie for Barcelona against that lot as well?

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #7926 on: January 16, 2022, 09:50:13 pm »
United singing a blag Liverpool song for Fernandes. Followed by Coutinho scoring the equaliser accompanied by Villa's blag version of Allez, Allez, Allez was surreal.

Always in yer head!!!

We are European royalty.  ;)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #7927 on: January 16, 2022, 10:10:02 pm »

Always in yer head!!!

What's their Fernandes song?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7928 on: January 16, 2022, 11:40:36 pm »
What's their Fernandes song?

A rip of our best midfield in the world chant.

"Bruno, Bruno, Bruno,

"Came from Sporting like Cristiano,

"He goes left he goes right, makes defences look s***e,

"He’s our Portuguese magnifico!"
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7929 on: January 26, 2022, 09:29:02 am »
After how he behaved he was never coming back here.

I dunno. Maybe if he plays himself into some form at Villa and proves he still has something, we might gazump their loan deal in the summer with a cheeky bid. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7930 on: February 9, 2022, 11:03:30 pm »
He's definitely well past his best, wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.... Early days but making some posters who wrote him off think again perhaps.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7931 on: February 9, 2022, 11:21:12 pm »
He's definitely well past his best, wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.... Early days but making some posters who wrote him off think again perhaps.

He's playing for Villa against a shite Leeds side in his second game.

I get the hope by some that he comes good again, and enough time has passed now that I won't begrudge it, but fuck me we are way beyond a side which takes a punt on a player because he was once good 4 years ago.

There is a reason mid-table, unknown Villa, signed him.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7932 on: February 10, 2022, 02:01:59 am »
Don’t know what you lads were watching but he looked great and I could see no noticeable drop off in what we saw when he last played for us. Looks sharp to me and yeah he’s in a weaker side so it won’t be as easy as it was for us where we dominated most games we played.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #7933 on: February 10, 2022, 02:07:47 am »

There is a reason mid-table, unknown Villa, signed him.

Yeah, Steven Gerrard, nothing to do with Villa or being mid table

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7934 on: February 10, 2022, 08:22:51 am »
Two goals and two assists in his first two and a half games - when's the last time any new signing was that good that quickly?

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7935 on: February 10, 2022, 09:51:06 am »
Early days but he does look too good for Villa, smart business from them.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7936 on: February 10, 2022, 09:53:20 am »
It'd be nice to enjoy him doing well again without the constant 'why weren't we in for him' nonsense!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7937 on: February 10, 2022, 10:10:44 am »
I would not be surprised if Coutinho has more goals / assists in half a season with an average side than the likes of Grealish who plays with a team that has 65% possession & 10 goals / 10 assists pretty much handed to you as an attacking midfielder / false forward. I always liked the lad as he plays with his head up and can slot a ball through the gaps where others struggle. His fitness levels are probably not up for the style of pressing we require but I would love to see us be able to fit a younger Coutinho type player in our midfield. When the front line have their off days a magician floating further back could be the key to unlocking the block plus you have the likes of Trent and robbo who can produce a brilliant moment too.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7938 on: February 10, 2022, 10:16:37 am »
I do think there's a fair bit of revisionism with Coutinho here.

When we were struggling to break down a team he was probably more frustrating than anyone, because he'd more often than not just try to blam one in from 30 yards. It'd be interesting to see that peak-Coutinho in the team now, with a better Trent and Robbo and the likes of Thiago and Keita. But he definitely wasn't a massive help in breaking teams down before.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7939 on: February 10, 2022, 12:29:46 pm »
I do think there's a fair bit of revisionism with Coutinho here.

When we were struggling to break down a team he was probably more frustrating than anyone, because he'd more often than not just try to blam one in from 30 yards. It'd be interesting to see that peak-Coutinho in the team now, with a better Trent and Robbo and the likes of Thiago and Keita. But he definitely wasn't a massive help in breaking teams down before.
was a good few seasons either through loss of form or injury he was anonymous alright

good start for him at villa

happy for him actually

hilarious Barca signed him to win CL, we won it and he won it and they didnt :lmao
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7940 on: February 10, 2022, 12:35:10 pm »
Obviously did well last night, but Leeds are an absolute dream to play against for any attacker who doesn't want any defensive responsibility as they give you soooo much space. There's a reason United under Solskjaer walloped them every time they played.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #7941 on: February 10, 2022, 12:46:39 pm »
Of course we should have signed him back. We are pushing for the title and midfield is our weakest area and he is a very talented footballer. Give me a one legged Phil over Naby any day.

But we didn't, so be it.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7942 on: February 10, 2022, 12:55:39 pm »
He's not a midfielder though, never was and never will be

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #7943 on: February 10, 2022, 02:52:45 pm »
yep he's not a midfielder, hes playing as a 10 for Villa, we don't use 10's. In fact Emi Buendia is more of a midfielder these days and has really started to turn up for them, so much so he's trusted to drop deeper and play in the 8 role sometimes. Yesterday Villa played a 4-3-2-1, Luiz the deepest, mcginn right sided 8, Ramsay left sided 8, coutinho and Buendia as dual 10s and Watkins up top
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7944 on: February 10, 2022, 03:16:19 pm »
good to see him shine to he honest. we all know he is quality and have quite a soft spot for him as his transfer is catalyst for our CL and league wins.

and with gerrard at the helm might keep a lookout for villa's result.

Hope they can take some points off our rivals as well. Gerrard have a pretty good set up at villa and seems like the owners are pretty ok with spending. Get the spending and coaching right, hopefully they be in the running for europa spots.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #7945 on: February 11, 2022, 02:00:05 pm »
Two goals and two assists in his first two and a half games - when's the last time any new signing was that good that quickly?

So far he’s played two mid-table teams and a team battling relegation, let’s save the plaudits for when he plays a decent side ;)

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7946 on: February 11, 2022, 04:28:34 pm »
whats a decent side? are teams getting more than 3 points if they beat one? ;D

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #7947 on: February 12, 2022, 01:56:44 pm »
whats a decent side? are teams getting more than 3 points if they beat one? ;D

Don’t mind me, just revelling in the fact we can refer to United as a midtable team and the Ev as a relegation candidate again :D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #7948 on: February 12, 2022, 01:58:47 pm »
A rip of our best midfield in the world chant.

"Bruno, Bruno, Bruno,

"Came from Sporting like Cristiano,

"He goes left he goes right, makes defences look s***e,

"He’s our Portuguese magnifico!"

:lmao
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7949 on: February 13, 2022, 07:12:35 pm »
How'd he do today then?
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7950 on: February 28, 2022, 11:52:29 pm »
looks like the Coutinho excitement has died down a bit? As we all knew (or most of us) - he's a shadow of the player that left us.

Offline Saul Goodman

• Superfluous apostrophe's are us
  • Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #7951 on: March 6, 2022, 12:10:25 am »
Pretty much ran the games today and ended up with a goal and an assist. Salty at the time with how he left but who cares now. I am glad to see him doing well and looks to be back enjoying his footie.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7952 on: March 6, 2022, 07:53:54 am »
He played an average side yesterday so let's see what he does against a good team brigade are waiting to post.

As i said he will better the likes of Grealishs numbers in half the time in a side that has half the possession.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #7953 on: March 6, 2022, 08:53:34 am »
looks like the Coutinho excitement has died down a bit? As we all knew (or most of us) - he's a shadow of the player that left us.

Not sure he's that much different, he just peaked in the year before he was sold under Jurgen's coaching.

He was a poor fit at Barca in the same team as Messi and after they shelled out their record fee for him he was a scapegoat. He wasn't the player they needed after Neymar left and it didn't help Dembele flopped as well. Had they not fucked it at Anfield they'd have gone onto win the treble in his first full year there (after winning the double in his first 6 months) and then it would have been different perception. He then went to Bayern for a year and won the treble there and did well enough, his wages were just beyond what Bayern were willing to pay, they even let Thiago go.

At Villa he's been hit and miss so far, good games and bad games. He was always the same with us but Villa haven't got Salah, Firmino and Mane to pick up the slack if he's not on it. Even with us he was a luxury player. It was 14/15 when the team always went through him after Suarez left but the team were hopeless.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7954 on: March 6, 2022, 12:14:16 pm »

Nope, excitements still alive and kicking. The guys technical ability and reading of the game will keep him being class. The funniest thing is, he's developed this reputation as some shit player because he's not at the level he was with us.... which was one of the best players on the planet. There's a hell of a lot between shit and top 10 in the world and he's a sublime player, outrageous technique, the speed of thought, any sort of time and space and he can destroy sides. I get people disliking how he left (not saying this is the reasoning behind your post) but quality is quality, you look at his overall game vs Southampton and especially his goal, we fucking lose it over Salah doing that kind of stuff, hell we're losing over Diaz doing it right now! Coutinho remains a sublime talent and has great end product. Barca overpaying doesn't change that

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7955 on: March 6, 2022, 12:55:46 pm »
Nope, excitements still alive and kicking. The guys technical ability and reading of the game will keep him being class. The funniest thing is, he's developed this reputation as some shit player because he's not at the level he was with us.... which was one of the best players on the planet. There's a hell of a lot between shit and top 10 in the world and he's a sublime player, outrageous technique, the speed of thought, any sort of time and space and he can destroy sides. I get people disliking how he left (not saying this is the reasoning behind your post) but quality is quality, you look at his overall game vs Southampton and especially his goal, we fucking lose it over Salah doing that kind of stuff, hell we're losing over Diaz doing it right now! Coutinho remains a sublime talent and has great end product. Barca overpaying doesn't change that

Looks like you are overrating him as much as I am underrating him. If he was so amazing and sublime - Villa wouldn't have looked like crap for the 5-6 games before these last two wins. I know you will say he doesn't have the same talent around him - but it's not like he's been putting in 10/10 performances. He's a good player - I guess I should have made that clear.

My main issue was the idea that we should have gone back for him on loan/purchase like so many were suggesting.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #7956 on: March 6, 2022, 02:54:38 pm »
Looks like you are overrating him as much as I am underrating him. If he was so amazing and sublime - Villa wouldn't have looked like crap for the 5-6 games before these last two wins. I know you will say he doesn't have the same talent around him - but it's not like he's been putting in 10/10 performances. He's a good player - I guess I should have made that clear.

My main issue was the idea that we should have gone back for him on loan/purchase like so many were suggesting.

I only ever see the highlights so it's hard to judge, but on Villa Talk his thread is a complete love-in.

Wow. If we only get half a season of him I don’t care. What a privilege it is to see this player in a Villa shirt. Probably the most naturally gifted player we have ever had.
You know when you’re watching a game on tv and you have that advantage of seeing the entire game and the pitch and you’re screaming at a player to make a pass and they never do because they can’t see it? Usually because the player making the run is behind them?

Coutinho sees that pass. Every time.

He’s on another level to anything I’ve ever seen in a Villa shirt, barring perhaps Grealish but even then, can you imagine Coutinho 3/4 years ago when he was Liverpools best player?

He’s a joy to watch, and he works hard. He has ability in everything he does. He has more time on the ball than anyone else, his passing is sublime, he can shoot and he glides with the ball.

Poetry in motion.
For all Grealish's silky dribbling he doesn't have the quick feet, technique or vision that Coutinho possesses. For me, Phil is a lot more effective in the final third and its no surprise that he already has more assists than Grealish in far fewer games.
For me it still hasn't quite sunk in that Philippe Coutinho actually plays for Aston Villa. It's not some sort of dream, it's a reality. He’s a genius, a magician, world class, whatever you want to call him. He's totally lighting up Villa Park right now, and I hope more than anything that we make the loan move permanent.
I’d love for him to sign permanently…

however…
If he goes, he goes…

But we were all alive to see Phillipe Coutinho play for our beloved club…

and that has and will provide us with memories that nobody can take from us…

What a cracking player…

Lots more but you get the point ;D
:D

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7957 on: March 6, 2022, 04:51:29 pm »

I'd disagree again, what part of my post exactly is overrating him exactly?

I've said there's room between top 10 in the world and shit, he falls into that. Technical ability and reading of the game will keep him class, also true. Good performance vs Southampton, he ran the game so check. Puts up decent numbers... he does that too.

I'm not overrating him simply saying he's still a very good player despite not being at the level he was here.

And a team being poor for a run of games does not negate a single thing i've said IMO, we've been on bad runs even with the likes of Salah in our side. No one player EVER stops an entire side being poor, if one of their fans went on a rant about how 'Coutinhos meant to be class but we've been shit for 5 or 6 now' he would be labelled delusional

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7958 on: March 6, 2022, 04:57:41 pm »
I only ever see the highlights so it's hard to judge, but on Villa Talk his thread is a complete love-in.

Lots more but you get the point ;D

Fair, but that’s a fanbase who aside from Grealish probably class John Carew as their greatest attacker of the PL era. It’s not a high watermark.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7959 on: March 7, 2022, 01:03:31 pm »
I can already see some people on this forum calling Mane or Salah as overrated/shit if one of them decides to move on next summer. Coutinho was class for us and I don't recall us letting him leave so easily. He mustn't have been that bad if we tried everything to stop him from joining them lot.

Things have worked out wonderfully for us thanks to him leaving and personally I don't like going back, neither in life nor in football. It never really is the same second time round. He had his time with us and he was great, good luck to him.