Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1759528 times)

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #15640 on: August 5, 2022, 08:27:22 pm »

Frankfurt 0 - [3] Bayern Munich; Sadio Mane goal on 29' - https://streamff.com/v/f6eb42 & https://juststream.live/BreachingMalformationsStaunch

^ Mane's 1st goal in the Bundesliga for Bayern. Bayern were 5-0 up at half-time.

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15641 on: August 5, 2022, 11:08:26 pm »
FT 6-1

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15642 on: August 6, 2022, 12:42:58 am »
Scored every time he's played for Munich so far, 3 games, 3 goals, he's going to be a monster in the Bundesliga, best of luck to him.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15643 on: August 6, 2022, 12:59:48 am »
Mane’s gone there for a long retirement, not a new challenge.  I guess after 6 years of low blocks and competitive league football he’ll be happy to be able to score every game with no resistance.

Looks right at home though in the stands chanting with their ultras.

Offline Kaiser_Franz

• Boys Pen
« Reply #15644 on: August 6, 2022, 10:49:22 am »
We love him.

YNWA

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15645 on: August 6, 2022, 12:06:58 pm »
Hahaha

Fair play to him,I hope he enjoys himself & that we batter him in the CL.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15646 on: August 6, 2022, 12:13:39 pm »
The Nigerians must be furious. In Bayern, Mané has to resort to singing his own songs!  :wanker
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #15647 on: August 6, 2022, 12:14:08 pm »
Do they have a song for him yet? Expect a poll nay minute now...

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #15648 on: August 6, 2022, 12:15:20 pm »
Yeah love Sadio. All the best to him. Loads of goals and smiles. Except when we play them of course. In that case hope he accidentally passes to Mo, who then scores  8)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15649 on: August 6, 2022, 12:25:12 pm »
Frankfurt 0 - [3] Bayern Munich; Sadio Mane goal on 29' - https://streamff.com/v/f6eb42 & https://juststream.live/BreachingMalformationsStaunch

^ Mane's 1st goal in the Bundesliga for Bayern. Bayern were 5-0 up at half-time.

Did you spot Aphonso Davies out of shot coming in to celebrate doing the Bobby and Mane copied high kick celebration?

Offline Kaiser_Franz

• Boys Pen
« Reply #15650 on: August 6, 2022, 12:25:55 pm »
Do they have a song for him yet? Expect a poll nay minute now...

We are not that fast. Arjen Robben only got his song after scoring the goal to win the Champions League title at Wembley.  8)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #15651 on: August 6, 2022, 12:26:33 pm »
We are not that fast. Arjen Robben only got his song after scoring the goal to win the Champions League title at Wembley.  8)

Well then he's going to leave when they put up a poll on how you've disrespected him.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #15652 on: August 15, 2022, 11:14:47 pm »
No one will want to admit it, but we are missing his presence like ice water on a hot day right now.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #15653 on: August 16, 2022, 12:35:53 am »
No one will want to admit it, but we are missing his presence like ice water on a hot day right now.

Don't you think it's more likely we're missing all our injured players?  We've had plenty of performances like the last two with Mane in the team.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15654 on: August 16, 2022, 07:41:29 am »
Not going to bump this thread every time we don't get 3 points but yesterday did make me think of Mane, only because he loved torching Crystal Palace. 9 consecutive goals against  them, a PL record, all resulting in wins. Hopefully Diaz can have his own whipping boy tradition against a team.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #15655 on: August 16, 2022, 12:22:12 pm »
Díaz has had the best start of the whole team to this season and plays in the role Mané used to occupy for the majority of his Liverpool career so that's not really an accurate statement to say that he's badly missed on the pitch. It's more like a bare bones midfield that can't control games like it should when Thiago is not around that's the issue right now.
Linudden.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #15656 on: August 22, 2022, 09:35:11 pm »
Don't you think it's more likely we're missing all our injured players?  We've had plenty of performances like the last two with Mane in the team.

Nonsense. We have never played this bad with Sadio in the team. As soon as he got Covid and stopped scoring goals people turned on him, while other players had looooooooooong patches without goals and we still lauded and worshipped them. But what Sadio did for us that nobody saw or appreciated was defend and track back. He did a lot of thankless, invisible jobs. And we would have missed him regardless. People make a big deal about Trent being a poor defensive fullback but Robertson's defensive frailties are on full display now that there's no Mané in front of him.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #15657 on: August 22, 2022, 09:56:48 pm »
Nonsense. We have never played this bad with Sadio in the team. As soon as he got Covid and stopped scoring goals people turned on him, while other players had looooooooooong patches without goals and we still lauded and worshipped them. But what Sadio did for us that nobody saw or appreciated was defend and track back. He did a lot of thankless, invisible jobs. And we would have missed him regardless. People make a big deal about Trent being a poor defensive fullback but Robertson's defensive frailties are on full display now that there's no Mané in front of him.

Garbage.  We've had plenty of horrific performances with Mane in the team.  I know you're his mum, but you've just gotta let it go.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15658 on: August 24, 2022, 11:25:42 am »
I won't say anything yet.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #15659 on: September 4, 2022, 10:44:45 am »
We should have got him a decent song and then he´d still be with us

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgĺrden Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15660 on: September 10, 2022, 05:47:35 pm »
Seemingly hasn't hit the ground so far - undoubtedly will come good I am sure, but I do find it funny that while some fans and some pundits are saying we are missing Mane, or that Nunez was a mistake, I am sure the same vibe is happening with Bayern and Mane right now.

And I am sure with both cases, this is wrong and pre-mature, and both will come good in time

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15661 on: September 10, 2022, 05:57:35 pm »
Seemingly hasn't hit the ground so far - undoubtedly will come good I am sure, but I do find it funny that while some fans and some pundits are saying we are missing Mane, or that Nunez was a mistake, I am sure the same vibe is happening with Bayern and Mane right now.

And I am sure with both cases, this is wrong and pre-mature, and both will come good in time

it’s just an easy way to get digs in at Liverpool because of our poor start. And digs at Liverpool get an absolute torrent of likes, retweets and comments.  Funny how plenty where saying Mane was well past his best here and maybe time to move on, not so long ago. Plus the man who is in the team in his position, has been our best forward and has scored more from open play anyway.

Bayern are likely missing Lewandowski far more, the man was/is a goal machine.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15662 on: September 14, 2022, 04:59:33 pm »
Journos now picking up on Sadio's overall play now.

https://twitter.com/honigstein/status/1570052148448137219

A very fragile Bayern were lucky Barcelona didn’t land a blow last night. They remain a work in progress.

And what’s going on with Sadio Mane?

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15663 on: September 14, 2022, 09:56:54 pm »
It was a bit dicey replacing such a goal machine as Lewandowski with Mane who can score goals but he is extremely profligate.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15664 on: September 14, 2022, 10:02:03 pm »
Journos now picking up on Sadio's overall play now.

https://twitter.com/honigstein/status/1570052148448137219
People forget that Sadio has went through bursts with us too. He was invisible for the best part of the 20-21 season and at the start of last season there were times were he was not good at all.

The AFCON win and the talk of a balon d'or gave him a massive boost for the second part of the campaign but seems that our season is starting to take a toll on him physically too.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #15665 on: September 15, 2022, 12:33:23 am »
People forget that Sadio has went through bursts with us too. He was invisible for the best part of the 20-21 season and at the start of last season there were times were he was not good at all.

The AFCON win and the talk of a balon d'or gave him a massive boost for the second part of the campaign but seems that our season is starting to take a toll on him physically too.

It's just ridiculous that they consider this a "mini-crisis". A player who played a shitload of games last season at a new team, in a new country, a new league and he's not scoring or assisting every week. What a shock...

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15666 on: September 15, 2022, 02:22:23 pm »
And of course, the tabloid media and social media hype-train a big part of the reaction now too. For 3 or 4 weeks, all we got was how great he was, cos he’d scored in the super cup and then followd it up with goals in 7-0 and 6-1 thrashings. That was then hyped even more because Liverpool had a ropey start, so it was ‘because Mane left them’. Despite the fact Mane’s replacment was actually scoring more and playing great anyway  ::)

So you get the ridiculous over the top commentry on both sides, when he’s doing fine ‘he’s the best thing ever’ and when he isn’t doing fine ‘what’s wrong with him’.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15667 on: September 17, 2022, 04:14:26 pm »
People with the narrative that we are struggling because of Sadio's absence don't watch Bayern's games.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15668 on: September 17, 2022, 04:19:22 pm »
People with the narrative that we are struggling because of Sadio's absence don't watch Bayern's games.

Plenty of their fans already turning on him. Mad really.  And he was subbed off again today.

i’ve no doubt he’ll be fine, he’s just inconsistant.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #15669 on: September 17, 2022, 04:28:16 pm »
This turnaround in the media narrative is almost whiplash inducing. Sadio was being hyped to the skies a five minutes ago and suddenly they're writing him off? Madness. The Senegalese media moaning about how he wasn't "loved enough" at Liverpool will have a field day with this.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgĺrden Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15670 on: September 17, 2022, 04:56:30 pm »
Thing is with Mane, even at his peak he was massively inconsistent - would chose the clear wrong pass or not have his shooting boots on, but at his peak he created so much and caused so many problems, that this wasn't an issue.

Last year he was amazing after AFCON but before he was really struggling. Losing pace and that inconsistency was not a good mix. However as we know as Liverpool fans, he gets form back.

Questions will come with this Munich move and frankly I feel he may have been listening to the wrong people - the wrong fans and the wrong advisors. We gave him some leeway because we know how brilliant he can be, but them you get the nutter Senegalese fans who seem h as lesser to Salah so not respected, agents going for a move. The comments Mane made before moving about making the fans happy seems odd unless you view it as making those fans happy.

Well now he is at a team not really playing him the best way, and fans who are not accepting of this version of Mane, not accepting that he may have lost a yard or two, he plays best central, and is always a bit inconsistent (the most they would see from is when we played him and AFCON most likely, where he was at his absolute best). Now it seems they won't give him much time, and for the Senegalese fans that's there main man being treated like shit.

I love Mane, living legend, but fuck me am I happy that we don't have those nutter fans shitting up the already bad cesspool that is Liverpool twitter

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #15671 on: September 17, 2022, 05:31:13 pm »
Plenty of their fans already turning on him. Mad really. 

How does this discontent manifest itself?

One observation about Sadio. Its a similar one levelled to day at Nunez. His first touch is unpredictable. I said this in an article on Mane on RAWK at the height of his powers (just before the Kyiv Final) so it's not me being bitter now. It didn't matter so much when he was still super-quick over a five or so yards. But as he loses pace I expect it will become a bigger problem.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #15672 on: September 17, 2022, 08:13:51 pm »
He looks as knackered as the rest of our players. We ran the legs off all them last year, it’s no coincidence it would seem.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #15673 on: September 17, 2022, 09:54:08 pm »
He has lost pace and sharpness. That's been evident since 2020 but you'd still expect him to be banging the goals in over there.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #15674 on: September 17, 2022, 09:57:58 pm »
This turnaround in the media narrative is almost whiplash inducing. Sadio was being hyped to the skies a five minutes ago and suddenly they're writing him off? Madness. The Senegalese media moaning about how he wasn't "loved enough" at Liverpool will have a field day with this.

All very bizarre that. I said when he went there he'll never be as loved there as he was here and that was assuming he'd do well.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15675 on: September 17, 2022, 09:59:36 pm »
He lost a bit of pace a while back, he changed his game with us after his knee injury (in 2017 was it?) from taking players on the outside using his pace to cutting inside more. He was still great but he became more inconsistent playing that way.

I hope their fans give him time to settle as do think he'll come good there, but do think he'll end up realising the grass isn't greener.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15676 on: September 17, 2022, 10:01:59 pm »
He lost a bit of pace a while back, he changed his game with us after his knee injury (in 2017 was it?) from taking players on the outside using his pace to cutting inside more. He was still great but he became more inconsistent playing that way.

I hope their fans give him time to settle as do think he'll come good there, but do think he'll end up realising the grass isn't greener.

That knee injury against Everton? He played pretty much on the right wing that season.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15677 on: September 17, 2022, 10:07:25 pm »
That knee injury against Everton? He played pretty much on the right wing that season.

It may not have been that one, but there was a period he relied on his pace to knock it past a player and then run past them like they were running in treacle. He had to evolve his game, or simply didn't trust in his pace, as he stopped doing it after his return from injury (whichever it was).

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15678 on: September 17, 2022, 10:13:02 pm »
It may not have been that one, but there was a period he relied on his pace to knock it past a player and then run past them like they were running in treacle. He had to evolve his game, or simply didn't trust in his pace, as he stopped doing it after his return from injury (whichever it was).

If there was a drop off it happened pretty much half way through 20/21. 17/18 and 18/19 he was amazing off the left and didn’t appear to have any physical decline. Since COVID he definitely regressed.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #15679 on: September 17, 2022, 10:18:56 pm »
On a technical level, Sadio could be a tad inconsistent. From his passing to his touch, even his finishing. I always maintained that he (more often than not) had the right ideas, and his movement and instincts as a forward were always exceptional, it was just the execution that sometimes let him down. The thing with Mane is that even when he couldn't trap a bag of cement, he still was incredibly productive. He could always come up with a goal or a clever pass, and he had an almost telepathic understanding with Salah and Salah with him. I do think we're missing those things right now.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 10:25:11 pm by Lastrador »