Author Topic: Jon Flanagan  (Read 49277 times)

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
Re: Jon Flanagan close to signing new deal.
« Reply #280 on: December 28, 2017, 12:31:27 pm »
Yep.

The presumption of innocence is an important part of our criminal law system. Basically it means that if you are accused of a crime, you don't have to prove you are innocent. Instead, it is the job of the prosecutor to prove you are guilty.

Unless the FA are the judges with their 99 % conviction rate!

Offline Claude Cat

• Sworn Enemy of Pawed Dog!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #281 on: December 28, 2017, 02:34:59 pm »

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #282 on: December 28, 2017, 06:50:27 pm »
Still find it bizarre he got a long term new contract yet has been nowhere near a first team place since.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #283 on: December 28, 2017, 07:02:49 pm »
Still find it bizarre he got a long term new contract yet has been nowhere near a first team place since.

He was only 22 or 23 at the time I think, that's still pretty young, and worth giving him a chance to push on. Unfortunately he didn't, with him not able to get many matches at Burnley.  So now it's more a case of moving him on I guess!

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #284 on: December 28, 2017, 10:52:01 pm »

Flanno did 120 minutes against Stoke & West Ham 2 years ago, it all went belly up for him after he captained us at St Mary's when we blew the 2-0 lead & lost.

Offline Supersuarez7

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #285 on: December 28, 2017, 11:30:19 pm »
you’re talking about the Gerrard stuff, he was charged with affray wasn’t he that’s not a minor offence, like I said he was not guilty so it’s mute

Ohhh I missed Flanno's trial and guilty verdict, probably a tad too much christmas cheer? sorry when was he found guilty of said offence?

Offline ManiacKop

• Smited by a Mighty Smiter.
  • Anny Roader
  • Here’s to swimming with Darwin's evolved fishes...
« Reply #286 on: December 28, 2017, 11:30:30 pm »
Always liked him. Reminds me a bit of Ings. Really hard worker with limited ability who suffered bad injuries.

Good luck to him wherever his next move may be.
Not the best walking advert for Intelligent Design.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: December 29, 2017, 12:47:45 am »
A 5 year contract at Everton.

That’s cruel and unusual punishment

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #288 on: December 29, 2017, 08:08:44 pm »
Flanno did 120 minutes against Stoke & West Ham 2 years ago, it all went belly up for him after he captained us at St Mary's when we blew the 2-0 lead & lost.

Hmm. Just looked at it and that Southampton game was literally two days after he signed the contract.

The problem was we didn't replace him that summer after he was frozen out so we made do with Milner at left back and Clyne without cover who was ran into the ground.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #289 on: October 20, 2022, 06:09:25 am »
Retired.

His emergence and form in 13/14 was incredible really, given that nothing in his career before or after that came close to hinting that he was capable of the standards he achieved. Obviously he was destroyed by injuries in the end, and I won't comment on off the field matters.

He contributed hugely to the feel good factor and utter craziness of that Rodgers' season.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: October 22, 2022, 05:45:36 pm »
Retired.

His emergence and form in 13/14 was incredible really, given that nothing in his career before or after that came close to hinting that he was capable of the standards he achieved. Obviously he was destroyed by injuries in the end, and I won't comment on off the field matters.

He contributed hugely to the feel good factor and utter craziness of that Rodgers' season.

Damn, that's crazy. He really reminded me of Arbeloa during that year we nearly won the title under Rodgers. Scouse Cafu ;D

Just goes to show that you can never take success for granted. Enjoy the good times and never rest on your laurels.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4