Author Topic: Fabio Aurelio  (Read 93714 times)

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Re: Goodbye Aurelio
« Reply #480 on: June 1, 2012, 02:15:29 pm »
Maybe not just yet?

Hopefully Rodgers can use him now.
Could serve as a perfect example of the type of player we need. A Morientes-figure?
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline ActiveSloth

• Kopite
  • Brendan Rodgers, he shakes his own hand
« Reply #481 on: June 1, 2012, 02:17:52 pm »
He's a quality player when fit but thats the key point and a new manager isnt going to suddenly make him fit again. Massive shame.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #482 on: June 1, 2012, 02:21:07 pm »
He's a quality player when fit but thats the key point and a new manager isnt going to suddenly make him fit again. Massive shame.
Such a tragedy. Really is. What a player Fabio could've been.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: June 1, 2012, 02:44:44 pm »
Maybe not just yet?

Why, has he had a Wolverine metal skeleton grafted onto the inside of his body?

Fantastic player and all, but to be honest there's little point in a player that has to go off after seven minutes in a match.

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #484 on: June 2, 2012, 05:32:42 am »
I read he was offered a pay as you play deal.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline PaLee

• Death by football
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • This is ANFIELD!!!
« Reply #485 on: June 2, 2012, 05:38:24 am »
He already signed a deal with Gremio, innit?

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: June 2, 2012, 06:38:43 am »
He's already left for Gremio.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline greyfade

• "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....."
  • Legacy Fan
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #487 on: June 2, 2012, 08:30:35 am »

Goodbye Fabio  :wave

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #488 on: June 2, 2012, 09:42:04 am »

Just an incredible left boot. To me he at his peak is the perfect left back, didn't have Enrique's speed but was an excellent reader of the game and was excellent going forward.

I think he represents what could have been under Rafa pretty, never quite achieving the full potential because of things out of our control.

Goodbye Fabio, All the best.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: June 2, 2012, 04:13:30 pm »
That Chelsea goal. The memories.  :(
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: June 2, 2012, 04:14:42 pm »
That free kick against Chelsea was fuckin unbelievable. Inch perfect.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline caspertheghost

• Legacy Fan
  • When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you
« Reply #491 on: June 2, 2012, 04:19:44 pm »

Cracking left foot on him, just an awful pity the guy's made of glass
What kind of work gets you the nickname Casper the ghost?

Offline Dirk18Kuyt

• Kopite
« Reply #492 on: June 2, 2012, 10:44:22 pm »
Really should have kept Insua now we have no back up to Enrique as Robinson's only just 18 and can't play all the time..

Offline Noh

• Main Stander
« Reply #493 on: June 3, 2012, 05:54:13 am »
won't forget your freekick,especially vs Manc. Thang you for giving us great moments
Once a Reds, Always Reds!

Offline SmithyTheRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #494 on: June 3, 2012, 11:57:46 pm »
Thanks and Good Luck Fab.

YNWA
Red

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #495 on: June 4, 2012, 12:04:00 am »
All the best Fabio, didn't think anyone could beat Harrys injury record, but alas, you smashed it! :P

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #496 on: June 4, 2012, 12:07:58 am »
All the best Fabio, didn't think anyone could beat Harrys injury record, but alas, you smashed it! :P
But did better when he played. 
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #497 on: June 4, 2012, 12:15:39 am »
It's a pity we weren't able to enjoy his class more... What a cruel fate!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline kapil08

• Kopite
« Reply #498 on: June 4, 2012, 06:55:50 am »
Classy player. Thanks for the memories, Fabio :)
"If Bob Paisley had been on the continent or in America, in whatever capacity or field he worked, and achieved what he achieved, I think he’d be rated higher than the President, the Lord Mayor, the King or the Queen or whatever"

Ron Atkinson

Offline AcesHigh

• Main Stander
  • Chora macaco imundo, nunca ganhou de ninguém!
« Reply #499 on: June 5, 2012, 05:53:59 am »
you guys speak a lot of fitness problems...

did he struggle to keep weight or his sole problem were bad luck injuries?

he was introduced at Grêmio today, alongside Zé Roberto, who is also returning to Brazil and was hired by Grêmio

he looks pretty happy, or dare I say, HOPEFUL he will have better luck with the injuries?
Even on foot we will go, whatever happens, but the certain is that we will be, with Grêmio, wherever Grêmio is.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: June 5, 2012, 05:56:30 am »
Be great to keep tabs on Aurelio at Gremio. Good luck mate!

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: June 5, 2012, 06:02:04 am »
Maybe he will be able to avoid injuries now that hes in Brazil. I dont watch Brazilian footy but Ive heard its not very physical? If that's the case maybe he can get 20 games under his belt a season.

However someone going from injury prone in TRAINING to not being injury prone is not gonna happen. Also id take a guess and say our medical department is a lot better then Gremio.

Good Luck Aurelio I hope you get your career back on track as you are a top class LB when not injured. Better than Enrique by a mile and would have suited BR's philosophy brilliantly.

Offline AcesHigh

• Main Stander
« Reply #502 on: June 5, 2012, 06:09:14 am »
Maybe he will be able to avoid injuries now that hes in Brazil. I dont watch Brazilian footy but Ive heard its not very physical?

he will get thrice the number of kicks in his heels. Brazilian football is not as fast, but its more fouly, and add to that the Libertadores and the state championships (RS State League, in the case of Aurelio at Grêmio, but the state leagues run from january to april, so he wont play it until next year.)

Also id take a guess and say our medical department is a lot better then Gremio.

maybe better, not a lot better. There is a reason most brazilian players come to Brazil for surgeries and recovery from injuries they get in Europe. Although to tell the truth that happens mostly with players playing in Italy and Spain, not so much with players based on England. So I would say your medical departments are better than those of Spain and Italy...

I guess this is a good question to Tim Vickery, at the BBC World Football Phone In.

EDIT: you said you dont watch brazilian footy, so I went after some RS state match for you... there are several complete matches on Youtube, but this one might catch your interest... the 1999 Porto Alegre derby between Grêmio and Internacional... featuring Dunga (1994 World Cup Champion and 2010 Brazilian team coach) and Lucio (that one from Inter Milan) playing for Internacional... and RONALDINHO playing for Grêmio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ITlK2zV0SM
« Last Edit: June 5, 2012, 06:29:25 am by AcesHigh »
Even on foot we will go, whatever happens, but the certain is that we will be, with Grêmio, wherever Grêmio is.

Offline DoogyRev

• Anny Roader
  • Bending it in left, right and center
« Reply #503 on: June 5, 2012, 06:22:15 am »
I enjoyed watching Fabio, and he delivered some incredible passes and match winning free kicks. A man with an incredible talent and flair that I dont think was fully seen with us.
Quote from: Dmode101 on December 21, 2011, 04:56:33 PM
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

this all ends with a loud "we willl never walk alone!" war cry from all the players1

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #504 on: June 6, 2012, 06:12:40 pm »
you guys speak a lot of fitness problems...

did he struggle to keep weight or his sole problem were bad luck injuries?

Injuries. He always got back into shape pretty quickly, only to damage himself again. It's the reason we managed to get him on a free in the first place. He'd have a knock and then look to have shaken it off completely, only to flare up again and keep him out for a few months. As time went on he spent longer and longer being injured and played less and less. Still always looked top class whenever he did play.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline AcesHigh

• Main Stander
« Reply #505 on: June 30, 2012, 04:24:01 pm »
Guess what folks. Fabio´s contract with Liverpool only expired now, so Fabio would have his first game for Gremio this sunday. Then TODAY, at 11am, at a light training practice, he jumped to escape a tackle and when he landed he twisted his knee and broke (?) a ligament. He is out for 6 months. BEFORE HE EVEN STARTED.

Talk about bad luck.

Bad luck for Fabio and Gremio. Fabio would replace Pará, who is out due to injury. And Pará was replacing Julio Cesar, who is out due to injury. So Grêmio now has 3 leftbacks ALL INJURED.

ps: the problem is at his "ligamento cruzado anterior", which I dont know what is the translation in english... a literal direct translation is something like "frontal crossed ligament".
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 04:27:13 pm by AcesHigh »

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #506 on: June 30, 2012, 04:26:45 pm »
Feel really gutted for the lad. He has no luck whatsoever.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #507 on: June 30, 2012, 04:26:47 pm »
Guess what folks. Fabio´s contract with Liverpool only expired now, so Fabio would have his first game for Gremio this sunday. Then TODAY, at 11am, at a light training practice, he jumped to escape a tackle and when he landed he twisted his knee and broke (?) a ligament. He is out for 6 months. BEFORE HE EVEN STARTED.

He must have offended a god somewhere. It's the only explanation. Poor bloke.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #508 on: June 30, 2012, 04:27:29 pm »

Talk about bad luck.

Bad luck for Fabio and Gremio. Fabio would replace Pará, who is out due to injury. And Pará was replacing Julio Cesar, who is out due to injury. So Grêmio now has 3 leftbacks ALL INJURED.
No way. Fuck me, his body just can't handle it. That's incredible to be honest.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline AcesHigh

• Main Stander
« Reply #509 on: June 30, 2012, 04:29:25 pm »
He must have offended a god somewhere. It's the only explanation. Poor bloke.

maybe he doesnt know how to fall or how to step. In some sports, they analize in ultra slow motion and with sensors, the movement of athletes (like running, swimming, etc). Dont know if any club in the world does that, but I bet plenty of injuries could be avoided that way. Or not.

Offline maqu006

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK's literary theorist
« Reply #510 on: June 30, 2012, 04:31:08 pm »
That's the same injury as Lucas. Poor lad.

Offline Jon G

• I'm Jim Rockford, at the tone leave your name and number and I'll get back to ya. PM Jon Hall if you can read this...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 78 stone wobble
    • not mine
« Reply #511 on: June 30, 2012, 04:32:43 pm »
Gutted for fabio, deserves a decent injury free spell
NOTHING GREAT HAS EVER BEEN ACHIEVED WITHOUT PASSION - CARRAGHER 23

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #512 on: June 30, 2012, 04:44:57 pm »

Talk about bad luck.

ps: the problem is at his "ligamento cruzado anterior", which I dont know what is the translation in english... a literal direct translation is something like "frontal crossed ligament".
Anterior cruciate ligament.... I don't need to speak Portugese to translate that!

The guy is cursed... Seriously, just isn't fair on him.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #513 on: June 30, 2012, 04:46:00 pm »
Anterior cruciate ligament.... I don't need to speak Portugese to translate that!

The guy is cursed... Seriously, just isn't fair on him.

Is this a wind up?
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #514 on: June 30, 2012, 04:46:35 pm »
Unbelievable. Cracking professional but his career should be pretty much over.

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #515 on: June 30, 2012, 04:54:06 pm »
Good luck to Fabio. True professional. It's one of them coulda, shoulda, woulda situations. Really wish we could have seen him regularly but wasn't meant to be.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: June 30, 2012, 04:56:32 pm »
Don't wanna sound like a dick as it's his life, but he should seriously retire after his contract is up. His body cannot handle it.

Muhammad Ali

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #517 on: June 30, 2012, 04:57:09 pm »
ive never known anybody as injury prone as this lad.unbelievable how many injuries hes had.

hope he can recover and have adecent finish to a ravaged career

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: June 30, 2012, 05:10:10 pm »
Feel terrible for him, i thought my injuries were bad but Fabio just can't seem to get a bit of luck

Offline red_by_dawn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #519 on: June 30, 2012, 06:20:41 pm »
so, since 1997 the highest number of games Fabio has managed in a season is 35, in 2002-2003 with Valencia. his best ever season in terms of goals and assists as well.
looking at his wikipedia stats a total number of 324 games over a 16 year career. that's just a travesty.  over the same amount of seasons carragher has managed 699 games...