Author Topic: Luis Garcia  (Read 168991 times)

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Luis Garcia
« Reply #760 on: April 25, 2014, 01:10:50 pm »
Still gutted I never got a shirt with his name on.
YNWA.

Offline LFC_Verve

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #761 on: April 25, 2014, 01:36:22 pm »
Lovely interview.

Offline Kali Yuga

• Anny Roader
« Reply #762 on: April 25, 2014, 01:56:34 pm »
I miss him. Wish he was in the squad today, popping up with beauties every week.
You can cage an animal, but you'll never take away the rage.

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #763 on: April 25, 2014, 02:06:47 pm »
His twitter feed keeps on giving.

"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: April 25, 2014, 02:17:56 pm »
the coutinho haircut

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #765 on: April 25, 2014, 04:44:39 pm »
I still love that little man to bits.  That's a cracking interview.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #766 on: April 26, 2014, 09:36:37 am »
loved seeing this man on the pitch with his flicks and tricks, still very mobile as well.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Jamesy

• Anny Roader
  • Auld Arse
« Reply #767 on: April 26, 2014, 09:47:21 am »
“I always watch all the Liverpool games. I know they still sing my song. I always put the surround sound on my TV so I can hear that clearly in my house!”

The man is class personified!
I've got your name written here in a rose tattoo.

Offline Jrkopite

• Main Stander
« Reply #768 on: April 26, 2014, 10:12:02 am »
He was always the scapegoat though wasn't he? The abuse that lad got from some so called fans for a misplaced pass or a stray shot. Lucas used to get it, Henderson as well. One of my old favourites, Craig Johnston was a whipping boy as well. Not having a go at anyone on here by the way.

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #769 on: April 26, 2014, 10:23:29 am »
The abuse that lad got from some so called fans for a misplaced pass or a stray shot.

Not as much as he got from Gerrard most games.

Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #770 on: April 26, 2014, 11:51:29 am »
how did this become vehicle for negativity and oneupmanship,

just stick to how good he was please.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #771 on: April 26, 2014, 11:57:16 am »

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/24/luis-garcia-liverpool-chelsea-ghost-goal-2005
He's still on about THAT goal- after all these years! lol!
Gald to see it left a lasting mark on him :lmao

Garcķa cites how Petr Cech flattened Milan Baros before the goal. On Tuesday Mourinho, who was then in his first season of his first spell as Chelsea's manager, indicated that nine years of bitterness remains. "In the other semi-final we lost with a goal that was not a goal but that's part of football," he said to bewail the club's luck in the Champions League.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline chanti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: April 26, 2014, 12:23:13 pm »
Class Act.

Great signing by Rafa.

Offline Jrkopite

• Main Stander
« Reply #773 on: April 26, 2014, 12:34:18 pm »
how did this become vehicle for negativity and oneupmanship,

just stick to how good he was please.

It that was aimed at me, point taken. I was in grumpy old git mode. To get back on track, what I really loved about Little Luis was his ability to do something that made us all jump up from our seats. Yes, the Juventus goal will always be up there, but it was his faith in his ability to pull off a neat little trick when he was under pressure that will always stick in my mind.
As for the supposed ghost goal, from my spec it was a foot over the line!

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #774 on: April 26, 2014, 12:45:25 pm »
Whats that quote? .... on Luis about him chooses to jump through the window rather than use the door that is unlocked etc

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #775 on: April 26, 2014, 12:46:26 pm »
He's ace isn't he? He came from Barca.....
We are Liverpool!

Offline LFC UNTIL THE MANAGER IS NO LONGER DESERVING OF MY SYMPATHY

• Everyone's shit. Especially me...Yeah! LFC for Life. He takes everything up to date and on the chin.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #776 on: April 26, 2014, 12:49:00 pm »
I used to love the guy in Europe and in home matches in the league.

Away from home he would frustrate the hell out of me, losing the ball far too easily.
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #777 on: April 26, 2014, 01:29:49 pm »
Wonderfully two-footed. Scored away at Spurs, Arsenal, the brace v Leverkusen, Chelsea away of course, Betis and CSKA aswell.

Magician.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: April 26, 2014, 01:33:00 pm »
Wonderfully two-footed. Scored away at Spurs, Arsenal, the brace v Leverkusen, Chelsea away of course, Betis and CSKA aswell.

Magician.
Anderlecht. Don't forget Anderlecht. I hear there's post-doc physicists at MIT still trying to work that one out.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #779 on: April 26, 2014, 01:36:54 pm »
Anderlecht. Don't forget Anderlecht. I hear there's post-doc physicists at MIT still trying to work that one out.

Of course!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1i6JLjNHEq4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1i6JLjNHEq4</a>
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Garcias Sangria

• Anny Roader
  • Not in The Grafton on a Friday night
« Reply #780 on: April 26, 2014, 02:23:43 pm »
Nearly nine years have passed since Spaniard made that decisive contribution in 2005 Champions League semi-final

Luis Garcia has warned Jose Mourinho he will feel “the power of Anfield” once again in Sunday’s Premier League title showdown with Liverpool FC.

Nearly nine years have passed since the little Spaniard made the decisive contribution on an unforgettable night in L4 to fire the Reds to the 2005 Champions League final.

Garcia’s early strike – which Mourinho has always insisted never crossed the line – gave Rafa Benitez’s side something to hold on to during a pulsating semi-final second leg.

A fervent crowd carried Liverpool to glory at Chelsea’s expense and Garcia believes history will repeat itself this weekend as the current crop look to step a giant step closer to landing the Premier League title.

“From the moment I walked out on the pitch before kick-off that night the atmosphere was electric,” Garcia told the ECHO.

“What was amazing was that fans kept it going for the whole game. That was one of the biggest and most enjoyable games I ever played in.

“Of course scoring that goal makes you remembered for your whole life. It was fantastic to be able to give the people that moment of happiness.

“I heard that even this week Mourinho was still saying it didn’t cross the line. What I do know is that I think it was better for Chelsea that the referee awarded the goal rather than give us a penalty and send off their keeper.

“The most important time you feel that incredible Anfield support in matches is when you are struggling and up against it.

“When you don’t know what to do and the other team is pushing you, that’s when you really feel the power of the crowd. They help you to keep working and go forward.

“The fans will be there for the team again on Sunday. This is the most important game of the season and they will help them get the victory they need.”

Garcia was granted a hero’s reception on his return to Anfield earlier this week. The 35-year-old played for Gerard Houllier’s Rest of the World Legends against Kenny Dalglish’s UK and Irish Legends in the ‘Celebration of the 96’ charity match.

It may have been seven years since he represented the club but his bond with Merseyside remains strong.

His name is still chanted by Kopites on a regular basis and the feeling of respect is mutual.

“It was beautiful to be back,” said Madrid-based Garcia, who spent the last three years of his playing career in Mexico before announcing his retirement in January.

“It’s unbelievable the feeling you have when you step on that grass.

“I enjoyed it so much to be back playing in front of 44,000 fans with all the legends around. You wouldn’t get a crowd that big for a charity game at any other club around the world.

“I miss many things – living in the city, the club and the people – so having the chance to play here again was great.

“It’s always been like this with the fans here. The people have always treated me so well.

“They are always in touch with me through Twitter and Facebook and I can feel that support from far away.

“I always watch all the Liverpool games. I know they still sing my song. I always put the surround sound on my TV so I can hear that clearly in my house!”

Garcia, who scored 30 goals in 121 games for the Reds between 2004 and 2007, has watched the Reds’ resurgence under Brendan Rodgers with delight this season.

Victory on Sunday would equal a club record of 12 successive league wins set back in 1990. It would also put the Reds, who are currently five points clear of Chelsea, on the brink of ending their 24-year title drought.

With three games remaining, Garcia is supremely confident that Rodgers’ men will hold their nerve.

“Like every Liverpool fan, I have enjoyed this great season,” he said.

“They are going to make history. I believe they will win the title.

“There were many people who doubted them a few months ago and were waiting for Liverpool to slip up but it hasn’t happened. Even when they didn’t have the best of games, they continued winning. They deserve the title because they have been so consistent.

“I met Brendan for the first time before the legends game. He said: ‘Hola, Luis, como estas?’ (Hi, Luis, how are you?)

“I felt like he was an old friend! That’s important as a manager. Yes, you have to be serious and you have to make the players work hard but after that to be a human being is very important.

“I can see why players enjoy playing for him and how he gets the best out of them.

“I think something is building here. Liverpool are building a new era under Brendan. Hopefully for the next few years they will be at the top and fighting for big titles.”

Garcia was part of the Reds side who won the Champions League in 2005 and the FA Cup in similarly dramatic circumstances 12 months later.

On both occasions the inspiration was provided by Steven Gerrard and the former Barcelona man is desperate to see the talismanic skipper finally get his hands on the one trophy which has always eluded him.

“You can see what this means to Steven with his performances on the pitch,” Garcia added.

“He’s in the last few years of his career and he knows there aren’t many chances left for him to win the Premier League.

“Now he’s got the chance right there and he deserves it. He has been one of the best players in the history of football, not just in terms of Liverpool.

“It’s amazing to think how important he was to Liverpool when we won the Champions League and how important he still is all these years on.

“I heard what Zizou (Zinedine Zidane) said recently about how Steven was the complete midfielder and could have played for anyone in Europe.

“He’s right. He’s a player every club would love to have in their team and he deserves this kind of title.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-liverpool-fc-player-luis-7030821

Always a Red, our Lucho. Love him.
Quote from: Owl
If some of u fucking bellends are seriously arsed about this then go to fucking sleep or knock our self out by charging straight at a wall.
It's a fucking pre season
Fuck off u twats
Quote from: Upinsmoke
Go to sleep, but it's only 2.55am

Div

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #781 on: April 26, 2014, 03:09:42 pm »
Love Luis, wish he stayed for another coupla years :wave
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline GerrardRock2

• Good for upset tummies.....
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • I'm muted, not sure why? Allow in-match threads
« Reply #782 on: April 27, 2014, 01:25:18 am »
“I heard that even this week Mourinho was still saying it didn’t cross the line. What I do know is that I think it was better for Chelsea that the referee awarded the goal rather than give us a penalty and send off their keeper.

His shiftyness, trickery, love and respect for the fans aside, it is statements like this that make him a fucking legend!!!!! Luis Garcia. He Drinks Sangria...

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #783 on: April 27, 2014, 07:59:45 am »
Call me arl Mr Suspicious, his song may get an airing today, once or twice!
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarįs Solo.
« Reply #784 on: April 27, 2014, 11:29:01 pm »
Lovely to see him come on the pitch before the game today. Shame he didn't bring us a bit of luck.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #785 on: April 28, 2014, 11:43:51 am »
He was sitting a couple of rows behind me in the Main Stand and seemed delighted by the reception he was getting - full of smiles and happy to pose for photos etc - a  true legend.

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #786 on: April 28, 2014, 06:25:52 pm »
we could have done with the old luis yesterday

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #787 on: April 28, 2014, 06:31:27 pm »
Garcia would be near the top of my list of players that left lfc too early

Offline Istanbulievable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: April 28, 2014, 06:59:09 pm »
Great to see him, and a great rendition of his song to accompany his appearance.

Offline JG-7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: April 28, 2014, 07:49:07 pm »
Love the man, glad he feels such a special connection with us still. Will always have him up there as one of my favourite players.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #790 on: April 28, 2014, 08:23:56 pm »
Lovely to see him come on the pitch before the game today. Shame he didn't bring us a bit of luck.

Shame he didn't perform his Chico Time song either.

Offline Garcias Sangria

• Anny Roader
« Reply #791 on: April 30, 2014, 04:28:26 pm »
If some of u fucking bellends are seriously arsed about this then go to fucking sleep or knock our self out by charging straight at a wall.
Fuck off u twats

Div

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #792 on: April 30, 2014, 07:37:23 pm »
Of course!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1i6JLjNHEq4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1i6JLjNHEq4</a>

Amazing goal. No idea how he managed to get the power on it from that angle.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #793 on: May 29, 2014, 04:41:19 pm »

I love how Luis has been promoting things for us the last little while. He could become an unofficial semi-ambassador for us down the road.

Has so much love for Liverpool, like most ex-players do.
YWNA

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: May 29, 2014, 05:04:54 pm »

I love how Luis has been promoting things for us the last little while. He could become an unofficial semi-ambassador for us down the road.

Class!
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline TheBazz

• tardzz keepz deleting my poztzzzzzz! Blazzphemy! Blazzpheryou! Blazzphereverybody on the forumzzzzzz!
  • Kopite
  • It's the Bazz!
« Reply #795 on: May 29, 2014, 11:27:56 pm »

We look after our own, even in the mods dont.
@KevinHenshaw1 (not the professional wakeboarder).

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: May 30, 2014, 01:48:31 am »
Goes down as one of the most loved players who has worn the shirt. Kind of reminds me of the love and affection the classics are held in such as Terry Mac etc... Class bloke and some of his goals are incredible.
You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #797 on: May 30, 2014, 05:27:40 am »
One of my favourite players growing up.

I wasn't there for the 2005 Chelsea goal but I was at Old Trafford for the better one. Jesus F christ. What a goal. Legend.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Garcias Sangria

• Anny Roader
« Reply #798 on: May 30, 2014, 07:12:22 am »
<3  <3
Fuck off u twats

Div

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarįs Solo.
« Reply #799 on: July 7, 2014, 03:34:04 pm »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."