Author Topic: Javier Mascherano  (Read 401233 times)

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • The Suite Life by Chinmoy Lad
Re: Javier Mascherano
« Reply #4520 on: February 20, 2016, 12:16:35 pm »
while however good this Barcelona midfield is – so good he could not get into it – he hesitates when asked if Busquets-Iniesta-Xavi was better than Mascherano-Gerrard-Alonso. “We had a good time and played some very good football,” he smiles. “Supporters still remind me of it.”

How fucking frustrating is this?

That team we put together from 2007 onwards should have won the fucking lot. Fucking H+G can fuck the fuck right fucking off.
All things luxury travel. Be inspired for your next trip: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4521 on: February 20, 2016, 01:14:50 pm »
Love Mascherano. He was my favourite player in the Rafa era. I'd have him back in an instant.

He's far too easy to like isn't he? Nice little interview that, glad for him he's done well at Barcelona.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #4522 on: February 20, 2016, 03:46:02 pm »
He's far too easy to like isn't he? Nice little interview that, glad for him he's done well at Barcelona.

He is mate and me too.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #4523 on: February 21, 2016, 10:56:49 pm »
He's my tip to be the most successful manager out of current players today. Meant to be really into the tactical side of the game.

I know that doesn't always translate, but he's a leader and seems rather driven too. Certainly someone who has made the absolute most of their ability.

I think you could be right. I've said if loads of times but watching Mascherano in the flesh was a revelation. He read the game like few others. One of my favourite players.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4524 on: February 21, 2016, 11:08:24 pm »
Would so take him back, even if it were only two years with an optional third year.  He has the steel and personality that could really hold our ship together in a critical transition period. 

If his time at Barca is up the only real question is would we make an offer he would find acceptable?  With a man like Klopp in charge he'd have to surely believe that our intention for greatness was serious.  But I doubt his wife's opinion of England has improved whilst he's been away.  :-\
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4525 on: February 21, 2016, 11:16:51 pm »
Players like him and Suarez make me love football so much more. I've just watched a YouTube video where Mascherano dedicates the CL final victory to Liverpool fans (saw somebody mention it above), what a guy, Neville's face was hilarious btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP6g-RUYMMc

Offline TheFuturesRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #4526 on: February 22, 2016, 01:24:27 am »
I know there are loads of great tackles by him, but this was always my favourite :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en6y4-SPhas

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4527 on: May 25, 2016, 02:21:01 pm »
It's being suggested he's agreed a deal with Juventus to play in his favoured position next season.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/barcelona-star-javier-mascherano-reaches-pre-agreement-juventus-catalans-want-keep-him-1561926
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4528 on: May 25, 2016, 05:42:14 pm »
It's being suggested he's agreed a deal with Juventus to play in his favoured position next season.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/barcelona-star-javier-mascherano-reaches-pre-agreement-juventus-catalans-want-keep-him-1561926

Would be a nice move for him.

Imagine having played for Liverpool, Barca and Juve...that's a great career. Shame him and Messi couldn't ever raise the national team to WC winners, Argentina always seem deficient in certain positions.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4529 on: May 25, 2016, 07:31:29 pm »
I'd love to see him playing as a DM again

He's wonderful as a CB but its just not the same

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #4530 on: May 26, 2016, 09:45:03 am »
I know there are loads of great tackles by him, but this was always my favourite :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en6y4-SPhas
Tackle-assist but what a finish by El Nino
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline slamjam

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4531 on: May 26, 2016, 07:40:04 pm »
Reckon mascherano is another one who will be a player and manager who win a European cup

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #4532 on: May 27, 2016, 09:15:47 am »
Would be a nice move for him.

Imagine having played for Liverpool, Barca and Juve...that's a great career. Shame him and Messi couldn't ever raise the national team to WC winners, Argentina always seem deficient in certain positions.

Don't forget West Ham!
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4533 on: May 27, 2016, 06:54:20 pm »
He could play DM in Serie A till he's 35-36.

Brilliant little player.

I still have my 08-09 home shirt with his name on the back.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4534 on: October 31, 2016, 05:12:48 pm »
Javier Mascherano now ranks behind just Lionel Messi and Dani Alves for most appearances for Barcelona by a foreign-born player with 293.

Mascherano joined Barcelona from Liverpool in 2010 and often says he only expected to stay with the club for two seasons.

Mascherano's future with Barcelona this past summer was in doubt as he was linked to Juventus.

Before that, Mascherano was linked to a move to join Rafa Benitez with Napoli before the appointment of Luis Enrique encouraged him to stay.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4535 on: February 20, 2017, 12:49:09 pm »
10 years today Rafa signed him, where did the time go.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4536 on: February 21, 2017, 11:51:53 am »
He should have given Hodgson a chance - with Masch around it could have been so different. Hodgson was very tactically astute at the time and had proven his ability to be a winner at Malmo and Fulham.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #4537 on: February 21, 2017, 11:53:18 am »
He should have given Hodgson a chance - with Masch around it could have been so different. Hodgson was very tactically astute at the time and had proven his ability to be a winner at Malmo and Fulham.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4538 on: February 25, 2017, 10:48:32 am »
:lmao
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #4539 on: February 25, 2017, 09:01:05 pm »

I don't think the likes of Grobelaar or Valdes were any better and and they both played in very successful teams.

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4540 on: February 28, 2017, 01:56:41 pm »
I still mantain we lost our midfield the moment he left. Our midfield never looked the same since that Man City game. Would take him back in a heartbeat.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #4541 on: March 2, 2017, 07:53:13 pm »
I still mantain we lost our midfield the moment he left. Our midfield never looked the same since that Man City game. Would take him back in a heartbeat.

Or somebody with similar traits.

Loved Mascherano. What a player. Wish we still had him.

Makes me laugh when I remember how certain posters on here used to say it was overkill to have both him and Alonso in the same side. :D Haha! Never mind overkill, we'd fucking kill to have either of them in our midfield right now. ;D

Oh my, how badly we were spoilt...

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4542 on: November 9, 2017, 12:59:32 pm »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/barcelona-star-lionel-messi-fears-11491726

Looks like he'll be leaving Barca soon. I can't see it happening (him coming to us again) but it would be a great option to have off the bench or in the cups for a year or two if we got it done quick.

But he's quoted saying he wants to play more, and honestly that isn't going to happen with us. He's probably more likely to go back to Corinthians rather than come here.

Would you have him back?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4543 on: November 9, 2017, 01:15:19 pm »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/barcelona-star-lionel-messi-fears-11491726

Looks like he'll be leaving Barca soon. I can't see it happening (him coming to us again) but it would be a great option to have off the bench or in the cups for a year or two if we got it done quick.

But he's quoted saying he wants to play more, and honestly that isn't going to happen with us. He's probably more likely to go back to Corinthians rather than come here.

Would you have him back?

Yeah all day long, even just for his experience.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4544 on: November 9, 2017, 01:17:29 pm »
Yes. Still better at CB or CM than half our lot. I'd rather get him in January though, I hope we'd be looking at bigger targets in the summer.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2017, 01:20:05 pm by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4545 on: November 9, 2017, 01:31:16 pm »
Would I like Mascherano back? Yes please, he's still got it. We are a young team, and every developing team needs a scraper like Javier. He was one of my favourites along with Alonso.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4546 on: November 9, 2017, 01:31:59 pm »
Yes. Still better at CB or CM than half our lot. I'd rather get him in January though, I hope we'd be looking at bigger targets in the summer.

Isn't he on a free in the summer?

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4547 on: November 9, 2017, 01:36:01 pm »
Isn't he on a free in the summer?

Apparently yes, but if he's available for a reasonable fee in January I'd rather that given how light we are in those areas.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #4548 on: November 9, 2017, 01:37:15 pm »

Would you have him back?

Depends. He's a better defender than anyone else at the club but he's short and I don't think he's as good in the air as say Azpilicueta. He's never been at his best as the lone wall in midfield either, so dunno. Suppose I'd have him if not just for a good CB. I'd imagine however he'll either end up going back to Argentina or we'll see him in Italy; Juventus were close to signing him last summer.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4549 on: November 9, 2017, 01:37:57 pm »
I wouldn't get your hopes up on this one. Doesn't seem like the kind of signing Klopp would typically make.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4550 on: November 9, 2017, 01:38:01 pm »
Apparently yes, but if he's available for a reasonable fee in January I'd rather that.

When you think about the experience he'd bring to a young team, for a decent deal I would agree, especially as it seems we're not getting Keita.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4551 on: November 9, 2017, 01:40:35 pm »
It would be great to have him back even for just a season or two.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #4552 on: November 9, 2017, 05:37:39 pm »
Would have the mad fucker back in a heartbeat.
YNWA

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4553 on: November 9, 2017, 05:40:42 pm »
Be ideal when we need a dedicated defensive minded player. Put his fucking foot in as well. He's a great pro would benefit the team for a season or two.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4554 on: November 9, 2017, 05:41:39 pm »
Teach some of these soft fuckers the dark arts as well
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4555 on: November 9, 2017, 05:42:30 pm »
Time for some Insua gazing.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4556 on: November 9, 2017, 05:47:54 pm »
He could got to Italy for 2-3 years and play at such a high quality at DM,Lucas is playing out of his skin there.

One of the Milan teams would be in for him who never have qualms about signing older players.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline jacdaniel

• "I don't care if people think I am a bed wetter".
  • Main Stander
« Reply #4557 on: November 9, 2017, 06:59:21 pm »
I'd rather not sign players that refused to put on the shirt.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #4558 on: November 9, 2017, 07:02:59 pm »

Id rather not read posts from gullible fuckers who believe everything they read/hear, but I just did do!
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4559 on: November 9, 2017, 08:59:24 pm »

So you'd prefer we got rid of Coutinho?

Most players would have done the same thing as Mascherano under the circumstances, however most players dont have an owl faced, no mark, manager to highlight it to push his own agenda of deflecting how inept he was.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.