Author Topic: The European Cup Final...again!  (Read 211093 times)

Online jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The European Cup Final...again!
« Reply #2400 on: May 31, 2019, 07:15:15 am »
Hopefully Alicante/Benidorm reds all made it safely.

For those that dont know, a Private Aircraft crashed in Alocante airport causing chaos with inbound and outbound flights from around 2pm.

Thankfully for those involved they seem ok.

But planes had to be diverted to Valencia and Murcia (relatively close) or Barcelona. I got the Barcelona straw.

A group of stag, hens, and reds all 6 hours away in Barca... with a 6 hour wait for busses to turn up!

So I left the UK at around 1pm and just got to my hotel in Alicante at 5:30am local time.

Absolutely goosed! And because of the chaos I am at a different hotel for one night and have to check in my other hotel tomorrow morning before catching a train to Madrid at 10:30.

My spirit took a bit of a hit, but I am closing in on Madrid now. And some top reds kept each other going.

Safe travels all and see you in Madrid!

My plane yesterday got diverted into Ibiza 🙈...

3 hours sat on tarmac but made it into Alicante for late evening.. managed to check in and get some dinner...good job it wasn't match day scenario

according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #2401 on: May 31, 2019, 07:34:12 am »
Morning lads

Is anyone flying from Luton from 5:40pm? If so send me your number by PM and we’ll have a *couple of drinks {bound to change to a dozen}.

Aside from that. What’s everyone done in terms of 4G internet and calls out there? I’m not sure whether to just rely on bars and restaurants for WiFi. Any advice will be appreciated ;D
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2402 on: May 31, 2019, 07:43:25 am »
Anyone else on the mid morning flight tomorrow from Liverpool with Thomas cook.

No am on the friggin middle of the night one 03:50.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2403 on: May 31, 2019, 07:47:17 am »
What’s everyone done in terms of 4G internet and calls out there? I’m not sure whether to just rely on bars and restaurants for WiFi. Any advice will be appreciated ;D

Last I checked we're still in the EU so free roaming.

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #2404 on: May 31, 2019, 07:51:03 am »
Last I checked we're still in the EU so free roaming.

I have no idea how the malarkey worked. Cheers Claire!

One quick question. What’s the current score on the fan-zones? Is there something set up out there for our fans?
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline Andy2508

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2405 on: May 31, 2019, 07:52:20 am »
Anyone going solo want to meet for a few beers tomorrow? Mates don't get in until saturday
I’ll be in Madrid in about 5 hours mate. With a couple of spurs at the minute but once we get to Madrid I’ll be ditching them and be by myself, happy to meet up for a beer

Offline Poet

• Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #2406 on: May 31, 2019, 07:57:27 am »
I’ll be in Madrid in about 5 hours mate. With a couple of spurs at the minute but once we get to Madrid I’ll be ditching them and be by myself, happy to meet up for a beer

Nice one geez. I’ll be in Madrid for around 10pm, if the bevvies haven’t hit you {or me} by then let’s grab a few drinks 👌🏻

I’ll send you a message on whatsapp now  :D

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2407 on: May 31, 2019, 08:21:08 am »
Heard 2 flights been cancelled this am. Shite that. Same happened to me last year.

Offline Poet

• Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #2408 on: May 31, 2019, 08:28:23 am »
Heard 2 flights been cancelled this am. Shite that. Same happened to me last year.

Any idea which ones mate?

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2409 on: May 31, 2019, 08:34:30 am »
My plane yesterday got diverted into Ibiza 🙈...

3 hours sat on tarmac but made it into Alicante for late evening.. managed to check in and get some dinner...good job it wasn't match day scenario

For those that go on about euro collections.
This.

Offline Poet

• Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #2410 on: May 31, 2019, 08:37:01 am »
I’m arriving late to the party so apologies in advance for the copious amount of questions!!

Where’s the best place to exchange the Sterling? I’m thinking the airport as it’ll be easier but I’ve heard that they take the mick. Any advice will be welcomed  :wave

Offline Morning Glory

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2411 on: May 31, 2019, 08:42:11 am »
Staying outside Murcia atm. Was driving up to Madrid at 7am tomorrow and leaving the car at the long stay car park at the airport, metro to the fan zone. Bumped into fellow reds last night who had offered myself and the lad seats on their coach but leaving later. Will decide later on best course of action. Great to see so many Reds here, 260 miles away from Madrid. We are unique.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2412 on: May 31, 2019, 08:52:51 am »
On the 17:00 from Stansted to Murcia today. Have a feeling it will be full of Spurs!

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #2413 on: May 31, 2019, 09:03:25 am »
I’m arriving late to the party so apologies in advance for the copious amount of questions!!

Where’s the best place to exchange the Sterling? I’m thinking the airport as it’ll be easier but I’ve heard that they take the mick. Any advice will be welcomed  :wave
Anywhere but the airport.

You should be able to just draw euros out of any ATM in Madrid using your bank debit card. If they ask whether you want to be charged in euros or pounds, it’s generally best to select Euros. Maybe give your bank a quick ring to let them know you’ll be withdrawing cash in Spain. Very unlikely they would put a stop on your card, but better to be safe than sorry.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 09:06:22 am by Red_Mist »

Offline Poet

• Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #2414 on: May 31, 2019, 09:05:55 am »
Anywhere but the airport.

You should be able to just draw euros out of any ATM in Madrid using your bank debit card. If they ask whether you want to be charged in euros or pounds, it’s generally best to select Euros. Maybe give your bank a quick ring to let them know you’ll be withdrawing cash in Spain. Very unlikely they would put a stop on your card, but better to be safe than sorry.

Nice one, cheers!

Offline Istanbul Boy

• Main Stander
« Reply #2415 on: May 31, 2019, 09:06:38 am »

Anywhere but the airport if you want a decent rate. 
Even going to Sainsburys would be better.

Or just use your bank card. 
If you use an ATM - always select conversion in Euros not GBP.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2416 on: May 31, 2019, 09:07:46 am »
Nice one, cheers!
Note the bit in bold...I put ‘pounds’ at first, I meant Euros!! Soz for the confusion ;D

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2417 on: May 31, 2019, 09:22:47 am »
Any idea which ones mate?

All I know is they where/are Iberia. Not sure other than that. Mate messaged me earlier

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #2418 on: May 31, 2019, 09:30:58 am »
All I know is they where/are Iberia. Not sure other than that. Mate messaged me earlier

False alarm. Echo have followed up. They were reserved slots out of Manchester this morning but never actually offered or booked.

Offline evanz89

• Anny Roader
  • JFT96
« Reply #2419 on: May 31, 2019, 09:56:35 am »
Flying from Nuremburg at 1700, getting on the beers now. Can't wait to hit that Madrid sun  8)

Oh and Dmitri Vegas and Like Mike are playing tonight in one of the fan zones at 10pm if anyone's into that music  :wave

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #2420 on: May 31, 2019, 10:07:15 am »
Anyone flying from Paris at 1:30?

Offline Poet

• Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #2421 on: May 31, 2019, 10:09:51 am »

Nightmare that I’m on an Iberia flight from Luton  :butt

Does anyone know if this is still on?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2422 on: May 31, 2019, 10:10:02 am »
ACLE poster on here messaged me from Madrid last night

Apparently Metro line 2 is fucking closed and its unclear if it will be open on Saturday.  This is the line that runs from Goya (LFC fan park) to Las Rosas (stadium)

Surely to god they will have that sorted for match-day?

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2423 on: May 31, 2019, 10:12:24 am »
Mine is 1:40 as well. You don’t need to check in with the daybtrips. You get your return ticket when you check in on the way out.
Walk 20 mins back to the metro station and sport options coaches will be doing rounds there and back to the airport. Only about 20 mins. They usually give you a pass thing so others can’t just jump on.
They’ve done this years they will be fine mate. Won’t be able to hang around for hours but won’t to too tight either.
They will give more info on your flight or check in.

Yeah, ours is 1.20am but SO have said they'll be flexible anyway depending on which team wins and/or being kept back or extra time/pens.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2424 on: May 31, 2019, 10:12:49 am »
ACLE poster on here messaged me from Madrid last night

Apparently Metro line 2 is fucking closed and its unclear if it will be open on Saturday.  This is the line that runs from Goya (LFC fan park) to Las Rosas (stadium)

Surely to god they will have that sorted for match-day?

What the actual fuck? :butt
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2425 on: May 31, 2019, 10:19:30 am »

See anfieldash’s post above. Looks like a false alarm. Don’t panic captain mainwaring! No reason at all to think it won’t be.

Offline chrissimpson81

• Kopite
« Reply #2426 on: May 31, 2019, 10:20:15 am »
Anyone here on the 13.10 today Easy jet from Luton?

Offline Poet

• Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #2427 on: May 31, 2019, 10:24:52 am »
See anfieldash’s post above. Looks like a false alarm. Don’t panic captain mainwaring! No reason at all to think it won’t be.

;D let’s hope so !

Offline 1964allezallezallez

• Main Stander
« Reply #2428 on: May 31, 2019, 10:26:06 am »
Anyone on the 9.15 Iberia/BA flight from LHR tomorrow?

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2429 on: May 31, 2019, 10:35:29 am »
There was an earlier report last week that metro line 2 is closed south of Retiro station. That it is running between Retiro & lots rosas , maybe someone currently in Madrid can confirm that this is the case

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2430 on: May 31, 2019, 10:37:38 am »
** Las Rosas**

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2431 on: May 31, 2019, 10:42:52 am »
Line 2 is open. Part of it has been closed for ages but there's a sign down there today saying it's all up and running again. False alarm!

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2432 on: May 31, 2019, 10:46:39 am »
Flying from Nuremburg at 1700, getting on the beers now. Can't wait to hit that Madrid sun  8)

Oh and Dmitri Vegas and Like Mike are playing tonight in one of the fan zones at 10pm if anyone's into that music  :wave

We are on that flight too.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #2433 on: May 31, 2019, 10:56:16 am »
I might as well join in...

Anyone on the 08:25 Ryanair from Stansted on Saturday morning?

Offline robygerrard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2434 on: May 31, 2019, 11:00:13 am »
Anyone else on the mid morning flight tomorrow from Liverpool with Thomas cook.
D'you mean the 10.30 one? If so yes me & my lad are on it.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2435 on: May 31, 2019, 11:06:13 am »
I might as well join in...

Anyone on the 08:25 Ryanair from Stansted on Saturday morning?
Yep, a couple of hundred spuds ;)

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #2436 on: May 31, 2019, 11:07:34 am »
Hope everyone has a blast in Madrid this weekend, bring number 6 back home and I’ll see yous all in London in August.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2437 on: May 31, 2019, 11:27:01 am »

My brother is on your flight. He’s on the way there now. The flight deffo exists on expert flyer so should be fine. He couldn’t do online check in though and neither could I for my Gatwick flight. Think it should be ok!
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #2438 on: May 31, 2019, 11:30:27 am »
Anyone collected any tickets in Madrid yet?

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #2439 on: May 31, 2019, 11:41:41 am »
Yep, a couple of hundred spuds ;)

Haha I know that already! hopefully I wont get legged through Madrid Airport!