Author Topic: Alan Davies questions why Liverpool don't play on Hillsborough Anniversary  (Read 68547 times)

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
The f*ck!? Now where the f*ck is the FA?! Gang of bastards.

Eh ?  What the fuck can the FA do about an ignorant 'comedian' ?

Offline Raymondo

• Main Stander
  • I love MC, foever.
The f*ck!? Now where the f*ck is the FA?! Gang of bastards.

Most bizarre quote I have seen on any thread - anywhere.

What are they going to do, give him a 3 match 'Stand-up' ban? ???  Mental.
Top of the Par Table.

Offline SWRC

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Most bizarre quote I have seen on any thread - anywhere.

What are they going to do, give him a 3 match 'Stand-up' ban? ???  Mental.

LOL, make him play in front of an empty crowd. I'd be happy with that.
Liverpool players must play like a lion, give his all. There must be determination, commitment and resolve to be a Liverpool player.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
picket the twats gig here in liverpool end of, organise a boycott.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan

Exactly - that is the only legal and morally justifiable way to teach him that his comments were unacceptable. By hitting him in his pocket.

Offline The Lash

• Copy... Paste... Copy... Paste... Copy... Paste... Had massive doses of fluoride in his formula.
  • Anny Roader
http://rhubarbgrumble.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/tv-funnyman-alan-davies-is-set-to.html

'TV funnyman' Alan Davies is set to provoke a storm of protest for a foul-mouthed rant criticising Liverpool Football Club's refusal to play on the anniversary of the Hillsborough Disaster.

who the fuck is alan davies - sounds like a missive c*nt looking for publicity to me

He ranted: "Liverpool and the 15th -- that gets on my tits that shit. What are you talking about, 'We won't play on the day'. Why can't they?"

Laughing nervously, one of his co-presenters, Ian Stone, tried to point out why Liverpool FC don't take a business-as-usual approach to the most painful day in the club's history, saying: "Because it's too sad a memory."

But that simple and obvious explanation failed to deter Davies, who was on a roll.

He said: "Do they play on the date of the Heysel Stadium disaster? How many dates do they not play on? Do Man United play on the date of Munich? Do Rangers play on the date when all their fans died in that disaster whatever year that was - 1971?"

Offline Raymondo

• Main Stander
  • I love MC, foever.

That's normal for him tbf.
Top of the Par Table.

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
More shocked that people think the person on the tele may not be the same person when off the tele and showing their true personality and views

Let's cancel the Hillsborough Memorial Service because Chelsea have a big game mid week, if you think about how stupid that sounds its astounding.  The fact Mancs etc are now supporting it because they play on the Munich anniversary are using opinions based on bias rather than any reason.  Regardless of what Alan Davies thinks, if any team had players or fans involved in a tragedy then I would respect their decision not to play on that date if they choose that.  If they choose to play on that date then that's also their choice

The crux of this matter is, Liverpool have not played on that date since Hillsborough and have a memorial service and a day of remembrance.  As Anne Williams said, our players and managers of past and present pay their respects on the 15th, therefore we won't even have a team to play on that day.

If showing respect to the 96 and other victims of Hillsborough on the 15th is seen as unacceptable by other teams fans then I am glad I support Liverpool and understand some things are more important than football
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
could have goten away with it all had he stuck to insulting scousers, but the silly twat also picked on Jews and no one gets away with that .
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
could have goten away with it all had he stuck to insulting scousers, but the silly twat also picked on Jews and no one gets away with that .

He did? He really is trying to get a rise from everybody - must be desperate to get an audience for his show...

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Any apologies he issues are rubbish. He's got history for sticking the boot into LFC, Scousers and the City of Liverpool.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
We should ignore him for what he is but we cannot and will not ignore his uneducated and insensitive remarks because the easily swayed mindless morons will agree with him simply because he is a minor celebrity, these people we need to educate but the floppy haired clown is past educating he meant every word he said and he will have to deal with the fall out from it.

People sending him and his shows to Coventry would help teach him a lesson. Would also make the other comedians/celevbrities (or whatever they are) think twice before speaking.

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n

Seems like he is fishing

Offline SmallwoodRed

• Kopite
  • remember april 1989
More shocked that people think the person on the tele may not be the same person when off the tele and showing their true personality and views

Let's cancel the Hillsborough Memorial Service because Chelsea have a big game mid week, if you think about how stupid that sounds its astounding.  The fact Mancs etc are now supporting it because they play on the Munich anniversary are using opinions based on bias rather than any reason.  Regardless of what Alan Davies thinks, if any team had players or fans involved in a tragedy then I would respect their decision not to play on that date if they choose that.  If they choose to play on that date then that's also their choice

The crux of this matter is, Liverpool have not played on that date since Hillsborough and have a memorial service and a day of remembrance.  As Anne Williams said, our players and managers of past and present pay their respects on the 15th, therefore we won't even have a team to play on that day.

If showing respect to the 96 and other victims of Hillsborough on the 15th is seen as unacceptable by other teams fans then I am glad I support Liverpool and understand some things are more important than football

We should also cancel the armistace parade on 11th November. Its a real pain in the arse for traffic not being able to get down round the cenotaph with all those roads closed. Time to move on from all that grieving for people killed in the war.

Imagine if you said that??

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
Agreed mate.
People like him will never and can't be educated, they don't want to be.

I taught English in northern Italy for 4 years, had a lot of Juve supporters in my classes. When they found out (after about 2 mins) that I was a Liverpool supporter they were, at first, a little off with me. But when we got speaking about, both Heysel and Hillsbourgh they actually started to understand what really went on. I made some good friends there and I think that they were more open than a lot of the pricks that live in the UK.

Tend to find that to be honest - the respect that LFC have got the world over for their actions following Hillsborough is in stark contrast to the way some people see us in this shithole of a country.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Purple Aki

• Main Stander
Moronic unfunny Twat

redcafe:

Hes right
Hes right
Heysel
Heysel
Hes right

Hate them so fucking much the evil c*nts

Why you would visit that site baffles me. Apparently they have a thread dedicated to RAWK. Leave the c*nts to it.

As for Davies, never liked the floppy haired moron, he is a terrible actor and is not in the slightest bit funny. Insensitive moron he is.
He's a sexual molester, like a black uncle fester, he will make you tense your biceps, your quads and your triceps.

It's Purple Aki

Offline RogerSmith

• Main Stander
  • Oh, great. I've got a bear claw in my ass
'Comedian' (and I use the word EXTREMELY loosely) in outspoken nasty comments to get more viewers/listeners shocker
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
They must spend more time logged onto RAWK than we do.

Offline TLW 84

• Kopite

Offline Lord Roger Hunt

• Elevated to the RAWK Peerage. Furious Legend In His Own Lunchtime.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Humans were harmed in the making of this picture
Putting the boot into all things Liverpool seems to be a national past-time at present.

I'm in the US, have a bit of spare time on my hands, so sitting read a book which is set in the 18th century. The author is reeling off the list of characters about to take part in a courageous attack on a French fort; you have the steely stoic Scot, the soft-hearted Welshman, the cheery Cockney - and the 'the gimlet eyed thief from Liverpool, who escaped the rope only by volunteering for the Navy'.   

Guess which one turns out to be the coward that sells the rest of them out?  Yes, your feral Scouser....

Nice.   
From the Country of Liverpool

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
On QI, I know his role was to play the clown but he actually came across as though he was smashed out've his head on valium or prescription drugs.

Offline Purple Aki

• Main Stander
Is Aki some sort of hero of yours?

Not really, can just never think of anything original.
He's a sexual molester, like a black uncle fester, he will make you tense your biceps, your quads and your triceps.

It's Purple Aki

Offline Jay012345

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • How many topics?

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
He should try saying that to Stevie's face.

:wanker

Offline That Kennedy moment

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
One thing to bear in mind with Alan Davies is that he suffered psychological damage as a kid.
It's thought to go back to him losing his mum when he was six.

Now, I'm not excusing this latest garbage for one minute. Just pointing out that he's not the most stable of characters - there are deep psychological problems there.

As for these dickheads on Twitter, issuing death threats... well done lads, you've been a great help to the cause

'I'd rather have a quick wank, a cup of tea and read the Beano frankly.'
Cornelius, 8 September 2008

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
Would explain the haircut.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
One thing to bear in mind with Alan Davies is that he suffered psychological damage as a kid.
It's thought to go back to him losing his mum when he was six.

Now, I'm not excusing this latest garbage for one minute. Just pointing out that he's not the most stable of characters - there are deep psychological problems there.

As for these dickheads on Twitter, issuing death threats... well done lads, you've been a great help to the cause

While I agree that the threats of idiots only aid these views that Davies holds, I think his own grief at losing his mother would be all the more reason for understanding the grief of people that lost their loved ones in a senseless tragedy caused by terrible policing.

No. There is no excuse for the man. He wasn't trying to get a cheap laugh and bolster his ailing career. This was the man's true views, delivered with much glee. The backtracking (and lack of appology) are nothing but damage limitation and self preservation.

The days of Scousers being fair game are coming to an end. As Sir Roger Hunt has just pointed out, the media has used us to replace Blacks, Asians, Irish, Gays, etc, as the acceptable faces of prejudice and biggotry for a long time now. But the days of every Scouse man being called a Thief and any Scouse woman being portrayed as some sort of scrubber are no longer being tolerated.

It isn't harmless banter. There's far worse than Davies around, who can do much more damage than some no mark comedian. They still hate us and believe we are all shiftless, theiving, scrounging shite, but they are hiding their views and trying to distance themselves from them. I hate them worse than Davies. At least this moron comes out with it because he isn't smart enough to keep it to himself or within his little circle. But don't forget... "Liverpool will be the toughest nut to crack," and "Managed Decline."

As I said, this is not some harmless banter. The views that Davies had just been stupid enough to express in public are the very same opinion that prevents the families getting justice for their loved ones.

Don't wear it. I don't. I live down South. I will not tolerate it. If anybody comes out with the usual shite, I tell them they have just insulted my Wife, my children, my Mother and Father, all my family and loved ones. It's usually met with the usual... "It's only a joke."
Well, that joke isn't funny any more.

It never was. Being born where I was and talking the way I do, has cost me many opportunities in life. It's been used as an excuse to stop me getting a fair crack at things. It is nothing but biggotry and there is no place for it, in this so called PC society.
Fuck him and all who think like him.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 02:47:18 pm by Fat Scouser »
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
To be fair I've seen he's made a £1000 donation to the HJC. And apologised. He was a twat to say it in the first place but that's a good gesture in my opinion. We gotta try and teach people and educate people not abuse them. The abuse- deserved or not- doesn't win us friends and thus doesn't help our cause.

Alan Davies has apologised, he's made a donation, let's move on. There are bigger and more important targets for us to focus on if we want the truth.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
To be fair I've seen he's made a £1000 donation to the HJC. And apologised. He was a twat to say it in the first place but that's a good gesture in my opinion. We gotta try and teach people and educate people not abuse them. The abuse- deserved or not- doesn't win us friends and thus doesn't help our cause.

Alan Davies has apologised, he's made a donation, let's move on. There are bigger and more important targets for us to focus on if we want the truth.

I agree, but some will tell you his apology is only self preservation, and if they think that then nobody has a chance.
Sometimes people apologise because they genuinley mean it.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Purely damage limitation and self preservation.

If he didn't mean it, he wouldn't of said it in the first instance.

Other than that, I really couldn't give a toss what he says.  He's absolutely irellevant and meaningless to me.

Offline BarnsleyScouser

• Kopite
  • Best in the World

After all the stick and shite i've read from other clubs fans and honestly i felt disappointed that the majority of other fans couldn't see why we will never play on the 15th, and on some occasions they used it as a stick to beat us with. Then I came across this quote, Fantastically put and I've nicked this for my sig. I couldn't sum it up better even if i tried.

Offline thekremlin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • nothing like a nice cup of tea
http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/3600483AE7B49281?artistid=1621116&majorcatid=10002&minorcatid=51

Who is going?

it seems quite a few might be 'cos there's no tickets available. so.. its either sold out or he's cancelled it. I'd reckon the former.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
it seems quite a few might be 'cos there's no tickets available. so.. its either sold out or he's cancelled it. I'd reckon the former.

.......and hope it's the latter.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
If he's apologised and donated £1,000 to the HJC then we really need to stop flogging a dead horse. It can't help people screaming worse abuse at him over twitter. Hopefully he thinks on next time.

Unfortunately it's probably the sort of thing he says in the pub with his mates and we can't legislate for that sort of stuff as much as we'd like too, the main tiihing is it's clear that it's unacceptable to utter such shite in the public domain and that is a victory of sorts.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
Purely damage limitation and self preservation.

If he didn't mean it, he wouldn't of said it in the first instance.

Other than that, I really couldn't give a toss what he says.  He's absolutely irellevant and meaningless to me.
Thats the problem.He's said it so he means it the fact he's backtracked doesn't mean he's changed his opinion on the subject.We can't defeat peoples ignorance however much we try but we can't and won't give up.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
I agree, but some will tell you his apology is only self preservation, and if they think that then nobody has a chance.
Sometimes people apologise because they genuinley mean it.
You honestly think this fella means he's sorry?
I don't want to add anything to that. I don't want to be seen as having a go at you. In fact, I'm not. I'd come right out with it, if I was. But this is really not the place to be saying some people can be truly sorry for what they've done. This man obviously does not. I'll leave it at that. But like I said to you before... when someone's in a hole, it's a good idea to stop digging.
Take the hint, lad.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
Thats the problem.He's said it so he means it the fact he's backtracked doesn't mean he's changed his opinion on the subject.We can't defeat peoples ignorance however much we try but we can't and won't give up.

Thats bollocks mate, If I say something to someone in the heat of the moment, does that mean I cant reflect on it at a later point and realise I was wrong and apologise ?
We need to be careful, because the death threats and the unwillingness to forgive those who acknowledge mistakes, will only alienate us and cause more harm than good in the good causes we fight.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
Thats bollocks mate, If I say something to someone in the heat of the moment, does that mean I cant reflect on it at a later point and realise I was wrong and apologise ?
We need to be careful, because the death threats and the unwillingness to forgive those who acknowledge mistakes, will only alienate us and cause more harm than good in the good causes we fight.
So you really think he means it and its not damage limitation?

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
So you really think he means it and its not damage limitation?

Thats the point im trying to make.
Some will not believe it  no matter what he might do or say, they will see it as
self preservation, but they cant know that for a fact, its just their opinion on it.
Some will accept it.
Again tho, thats up to them.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
You honestly think this fella means he's sorry?
I don't want to add anything to that. I don't want to be seen as having a go at you. In fact, I'm not. I'd come right out with it, if I was. But this is really not the place to be saying some people can be truly sorry for what they've done. This man obviously does not. I'll leave it at that. But like I said to you before... when someone's in a hole, it's a good idea to stop digging.
Take the hint, lad.

Im entitled to that view, and you are entitled to yours.
There are far bigger issues at stake here than the views of some unfunny numpty from the Tele.