Author Topic: Alan Davies questions why Liverpool don't play on Hillsborough Anniversary  (Read 68544 times)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
So you really think he means it and its not damage limitation?
Plenty of that going on here, mate. But anyone who listens to Davies, the way his bile is delivered, knows the man's track record, looks at his hand wringing none appology and thinks it's sincere... nah. Not having it.
A grand is chump change to him. I'd tell him to stick it and go donate it to the earless homeless.

Sadly, there's no stopping fools giving his nonsense creedence by making threats. But don't be conned into thinking they're all genuine an all. Half will be from Mancs, etc. 99% of the rest will come from Mr Davies friends in an attempt to garner sympathy. But I agree, I wish our own fools wouldn't play into his hands.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Thats the point im trying to make.
Some will not believe it  no matter what he might do or say, they will see it as
self preservation, but they cant know that for a fact, its just their opinion on it.
Some will accept it.
Again tho, thats up to them.

He's got more to lose than the everyday man in the street which casts doubt on the sincerity of his apology.He can only attempt to limit the damage now and hope people have short memories.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
You honestly think this fella means he's sorry?
I don't want to add anything to that. I don't want to be seen as having a go at you. In fact, I'm not. I'd come right out with it, if I was. But this is really not the place to be saying some people can be truly sorry for what they've done. This man obviously does not. I'll leave it at that. But like I said to you before... when someone's in a hole, it's a good idea to stop digging.
Take the hint, lad.

I have no idea if he's sorry. I don't know the bloke. However whether it's self-preservation or genuinely sorry promoting the justice campaign website and donating £1000 puts an end to the Alan Davies issue. It's done. He's been shown up for being a bit of a twat and is now rather embarrassingly eating humble pie.

He's not Kelvin McKenzie. He's not to do with the South Yorkshire Police. He's not one of the Tory cretins who helped cover this mess up He's not even on the same level as Steven Cohen. Let's move on and target the people who really matter. Getting sidetracked by a failed stand-up comedian does nothing to help in the long run.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
Im entitled to that view, and you are entitled to yours.
There are far bigger issues at stake here than the views of some unfunny numpty from the Tele.

There most certainly are. But you know what, this isn't the time or place to go into them. So, don't wind me up. I've a very long memory me, but I'm doing me best to be civil and giving you a tip.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
He's got more to lose than the everyday man in the street which casts doubt on the sincerity of his apology.He can only attempt to limit the damage now and hope people have short memories.

So by that you mean if someone is famous/ has a decent career, they are less genuine in their apologies ?
Im not sure I buy that personally.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline PeterJM

• Legacy Fan
The sad thing is that he'll probably gain more popularity amonst the ignorant people who still believe the lies.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
The fact that Davies dislike of all things Liverpudlian is widely known kind of hints that his 'apology' is little more than a face-saving exercise, especially with a show coming up.  He's got previous as far we're concerned, if he didn't I'd be more prone to believe he was being sincere.

If death threats are being made, it's ridiculous it also gives the curly-haired prick the moral high-ground.

Offline Garcepticon

• Legacy Fan
I have no idea if he's sorry. I don't know the bloke. However whether it's self-preservation or genuinely sorry promoting the justice campaign website and donating £1000 puts an end to the Alan Davies issue. It's done. He's been shown up for being a bit of a twat and is now rather embarrassingly eating humble pie.

He's not Kelvin McKenzie. He's not to do with the South Yorkshire Police. He's not one of the Tory cretins who helped cover this mess up He's not even on the same level as Steven Cohen. Let's move on and target the people who really matter. Getting sidetracked by a failed stand-up comedian does nothing to help in the long run.

Tony Evans was completely right, the death threats are an absolute waste of energy and an embarrassment to our support.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan

Where have I said, let's go after him?
I haven't.
I've made the point that this behaviour shouldn't be tolerated. That's it. I haven't said, go after him in anyway. In fact, if you look back, you'd see I advised the one fella who wanted to contact him, to just tell people not to fall into the trap of threatening him in any way and adding some sort of credence to his biggotry.
I stand by what I have said... Prejudice should not be tolerated, as your namesake well knew.

Offline PeterJM

• Legacy Fan
So by that you mean if someone is famous/ has a decent career, they are less genuine in their apologies ?
Im not sure I buy that personally.
I'm talking about the Alan Davies apology in isolation and not casting doubt on all those in the public eye.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Who ?

Fuckin nomark gobshite !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
There most certainly are. But you know what, this isn't the time or place to go into them. So, don't wind me up. I've a very long memory me, but I'm doing me best to be civil and giving you a tip.

I stopped posting on this subject last night out of respect, not only towards you, but to others.
You dont have time for me anyway FS, we all know that, so as far as being civil is concerned, dont do me any favours, I couldnt care less about that.

the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
Oh well, I'm off. Poor old Alan. Let's just thank him for bringing this issue out into the public eye, and his kind gesture and donation. Such a nice genuine lad.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
I'm talking about the Alan Davies apology in isolation and not casting doubt on all those in the public eye.

Yeh and you said because he MIGHT have more to lose it will be seen as self preservation.
So with that in mind you may as well say anyone who has something to lose wont have the same sincerity in apologising for something.

Offline petecolonia

• Anny Roader
  • Left of the Sinking Ship
    • Northern Independence Party
Oh well at least it wasn't Steven Fry; I'm not righteous enough to give a shit about someone who isn't listened to in the first place!
Bunch of centrist wetwipes - Watching Britain sink into obscurity.

Keir Starmer will tank hard. Alan X says I'm a bore, but at least I don't mod forums. That's just sad.

Offline Adamski7

• Racing snake
  • Kopite
People make throw-away comments abouts Hillsborough because they are ignorant of the facts.  They're ignorant of the facts regarding the cause and nature of the disaster, but also, they seem to be ignorant of the fact that this only happened 23 years ago.  Mothers are still alive who lost there sons, fathers who lost their daughters, sisters who lost their brothers......

A large proportion of our fanbase are still effected by the disaster on a first degree basis.

These ignorant fools talk about it like it was some sort of mythical event - it wasn't, and people are still caryring the emotional scars of that day.

That's why Hillsborough comments will always effect us much more personally than Munich comments will effect United fans, it's not because we're over reacting, it's because the disaster is still a gaping, open wound.

Offline PeterJM

• Legacy Fan
Yeh and you said because he MIGHT have more to lose it will be seen as self preservation.
So with that in mind you may as well say anyone who has something to lose wont have the same sincerity in apologising for something.

Ok.I'll stick my neck out and say that i do think most apologies from people in the public is about self preservation.They don't employ PR firms for no good reason.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
Ok.I'll stick my neck out and say that i do think most apologies from people in the public is about self preservation.They don't employ PR firms for no good reason.

I can appreciate where yer coming from, its difficult to take seriously with all that going on, the PR, the 'perception' etc, but instead of sending him death threats and the like, lets just accept his apology and donation to the HJC, who I have no doubt would rebuff the donation if they didnt accept it and keep up the good fight for the bigger issues.

Offline petecolonia

• Anny Roader
Fucking hell I've just listened to what he said, life must be very stressful for you lot getting worked up about it. I know, tragedy. I wouldn't accept us playing on the day. Anyone who wants to do us a favour leave out the abuse and the death threats, we can only account for our own and some of us are quite obviously fucking scum

Keir Starmer will tank hard. Alan X says I'm a bore, but at least I don't mod forums. That's just sad.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
I heard this on his podcast and it was put into a context that I didnt think was terribly bad or offensive

its nowhere near as bad as the other commentators who fans turned on (rightfully) these past few years

what Davies failed to understand was how dep the feelings are in Liverpool and he just doesnt get it, put he did recognize its the worst football tradegy in his life time and he compared it to other tragedies

what he didnt get is that it is so recent to Liverpool and still very painful and i nour case, there are people to blame who have refused to accept it

I dont feel like raking Alan Davies over the coals for this

he slags off everyone on his podcast except Arsenal

its an arsenal podcast aimed at arsenal fans, so its fine if he slags off who he wants

its not fine to be offensive, but in my opinion he was just being ignorant, not malicous and if he has apologized, then lets move on

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
Where have I said, let's go after him?
I haven't.
I've made the point that this behaviour shouldn't be tolerated. That's it. I haven't said, go after him in anyway. In fact, if you look back, you'd see I advised the one fella who wanted to contact him, to just tell people not to fall into the trap of threatening him in any way and adding some sort of credence to his biggotry.
I stand by what I have said... Prejudice should not be tolerated, as your namesake well knew.

Fair enough FS. Don't like the prejudice either and don't get me wrong I think Davies acted like a twat. All I'll say on the issue now mind I think. Last time I got caught up in it all after that bastard Cohen spouted his bullshit. The man still makes my blood boil now.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
Typical arsehole gooner.

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
Stupid comments, stupid reactions and somes up everything that is wrong with todays culture. This should be deleted and swept under the carpet.

x JFT96 x
-YNWA-

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
Dave will be getting a swerve from now on :P

Always knew he was a knob.

Of course the fallout from this will paint Liverpool supporters as self pitying grief mongers, to do so makes some people feel better no doubt.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
The way I see it, the twat has made enough rope to hang himself with and there's no need for bellends to embarrass the club with death threats and comments about his deceased mother.

Offline petecolonia

• Anny Roader
the only thing that will really get this noticed, and get the date discussed, and throw up controversy, is the OTT reaction the twat is getting

Offline tax_man

• Kopite
the only thing that will really get this noticed, and get the date discussed, and throw up controversy, is the OTT reaction the twat is getting

Exactly. Even if it's just a tiny minority that are going way over the top, that's what will be reported and remembered. I'm worried it'll turn into yet another PR stick to batter us with.

He said a very insensitive thing, it was initially frowned upon in the media, he apologised and donated to the HJC. That in itself is a good boost to the campaign. Some twats are in danger of inflicting yet more damage to the campaign, even if they are naive enough to think they are showing it support.

There's a fine line between mobilisation for constructive action and just an angry mob, and I think we cross that line too many times.

Edit: To reiterate, I do mean a tiny minority. Most people are sensible enough not to turn a victory for the campaign into a potential blow. Just a little concerned by the "internet terrorist" mentality of some of our fans. Cos they sent a strongly worded e-mail to Blackstone, suddenly they have this almighty power sat behind their keyboard  ::)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:15:13 pm by tax_man »

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
Davies is a dickhead, and as mentioned has form for this.

With that said, why do internet dickheads always have to go for the most extreme and vile insults possible to get a reaction?
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
If he didn't mean it he wouldn't have said it. I doubt he'll be on at the Empire now. His timing stinks an all.

Offline Andy Walsh

• Kemlynite
  • King kenny
Wat a proper cock, he's not even funny and he can't act, just another knob who's not got a clue,  JFT96

Offline TLW 84

• Kopite
Not really, can just never think of anything original.
Not really? But you like him a bit? ;)

Online CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I didn't mind him, even liked some of his humour on QI.  Probably still will chuckle at the odd thing he says when I do watch but my opinion of him's changed greatly, not just based on the podcast but for what seemingly seems like an anti-Liverpool agenda throughout.

Can't imagine this would have happened had, oh I don't know, two Northern teams had played in a northern stadium like Old Trafford while the two London teams played in London on the Saturday.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Hibsred

• Anny Roader
  • The Manager who signs the ball twice
I listen to this podcast - not a fan of him on the telly but he's normally not bad on this. However, I've noticed that since 'Suarezgate' his digs at Liverpool FC in general have became gradually more frequent, culminating in this little tirade.

Offline gkmacca

• Kopite
One thing to bear in mind with Alan Davies is that he suffered psychological damage as a kid.
It's thought to go back to him losing his mum when he was six.

Now, I'm not excusing this latest garbage for one minute. Just pointing out that he's not the most stable of characters - there are deep psychological problems there.

As for these dickheads on Twitter, issuing death threats... well done lads, you've been a great help to the cause

You'd think then that he'd show more sensitivity to those who suffered psychological damage losing people at Hillsborough. I agree with you about twitter - spot on.

Offline thereader

• Weerrrdapeeepeeehllllllll!
  • Legacy Fan
Must say when I heard of the Chelsea issue I thought something like this may happen.

My club have played on the date of our own disaster but Liverpool and the families have every right to keep the date free to have a memorial service if they want, there were creative alternatives to still help Chelsea out and they've clearly been ignored. 

Alan Davies had no right to make these comments on such a sensitive issue, but if he can help make more people aware then there can be some good to come out of it.  I know myself I became much more educated on Hillsborough when talksport had their week discussing it, not that I ever believed stories that pinned the blame on the fans. 

Offline GeneticRed

• Anny Roader
It's best to ignore this idiot.

He's obviously desperate for attention so he's resorted to ignorant controversy.

It's a poor reflection on him as a person that he's not been able to think before he's opened his mouth.

No matter what he does in the future he'll always be tainted in the eyes of many for these stupid remarks and rightly so.

Death threats on twitter though let the club down and most importantly the Hillsborough families.

Offline tony new mexico

• Kopite
Meanwhile.........whist issuing death threats and so on to Davis via Twitter, the original hatemonger Steven Cohen (EveNewtonJobs) is lapping it all up and now feels more justified to come out with more outrageous comments about Hillsborough and Liverpudlians in general.

HAVE A THINK ABOUT IT.
'Transalpino 1978

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
"Official Hillsborough Justice Campaign · 11,124 like this.
about a minute ago ·
The HJC has not accepted the £1000 paid into it's paypal account by Alan Davies. Whilst we accept his apology, we would prefer that he genuinely tried to understand why the decision never to play on the anniversary of the Hillsborough Disaster is so important."

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
"Official Hillsborough Justice Campaign · 11,124 like this.
about a minute ago ·
The HJC has not accepted the £1000 paid into it's paypal account by Alan Davies. Whilst we accept his apology, we would prefer that he genuinely tried to understand why the decision never to play on the anniversary of the Hillsborough Disaster is so important."

Good on them.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
alan davies is poor comedian anyway.
the only highlight of his career was johnathan creek. and what a piece of shite that was
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)