Author Topic: CL Sevilla 3 -3 LFC (Firmino 2 30, Mane 21 Ben Yedder 50, 60 (Pen) Pizzaro 93 )  (Read 85755 times)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fight backs go both ways you know. For every Istanbul and Dortmund there's a Palace or Sevilla. A team unbeaten at home in 25 won't just lie down, same way we don't.

Top of our group, unbeaten and just need a point from a HOME game, fuck all to start crying about.

Exactly, and we showed in the first half how this team can play. We're getting players back from injuries which will only strengthen us further.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Klavan played well, he was unlucky where the ball landed for the third he won the header whilst being pushed, it hit the players right leg and landed perfectly for him to shoo, could have bounced anywhere. That wasn't the problem. The problem was the first 15 minutes of the second half.

The basic instruction going into the second half had to be stop them getting anything. By any means. Get to 60 at 0-3 and the game is pretty much over.
We didn't anticipate them throwing everything at us, which is criminal. No one broke up the play, no one played their game pulling, diving, get in the refs face. We are not cynical enough in that area or disciplined enough to hold a lead.

I still think the ref didn't help the game he gave them everything, those bookings Henderson, Moreno were a joke given the two footed lunges and shirt pulling on Mane.

Yep, we are nice entertaining puppy dogs for sure ! Absolutely. Been that way forever (Luis excepted).

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
The only team we've beaten in this relatively easy group is Maribor.

Hopefully that changes in a fortnight but the group stage hasn't exactly filled me with any confidence of us in Europe. Hopefully that will change with a win and an exciting (or easy) draw.

Alternatively, unbeaten and top of the group! We'll have to take each game as it comes. Our tactics/preparation/attitude/performance might all be different if we come up against Barca or PSG or whoever later on. First though, unbeaten at Anfield this season and need to draw or win against Spartak. Precarious but very manageable... must treat it like a preliminary knockout
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Wish people would stop reacting like we deserve to win every game against teams like these or those lower in the table. We haven't spent anywhere near the other clubs at the top in Europe or the premiership so why is everyone so surprised at results like this?

We're a work in progress and we'll get better and better over the next few seasons, the fact is we want instant success and it ain't happening anytime soon, at all.

Let's just grab a hold of something or someone near and dear and ride this wave of instability until we've added a few more key signings and then we can really start to compare ourselves with the others around and above us who we want to compete with. It's just a sloppy second half from a team who's not quite there yet. Chill.
Don't know if you're being serious but we were 3-0 up at half time. 99 times out of 100 we should expect to win from that position, once the first goal went in it felt inevitable.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
Not sure if this is true or not, but just seen on Twitter.

Jordan Henderson vs Sevilla

55% passing
0 take-ons
0 tackles won
0 aerial duels won
5 fouls
1 booking

Shocking, that.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Maybe as captain he could of, you know, inspired the rest of them to 'cope with it'? Been a bit more vocal to get them to stop giving the ball away constantly? He was a passenger in the second half in every respect.
Maybe as captain he could of, you know, inspired the rest of them to 'cope with it'? Been a bit more vocal to get them to stop giving the ball away constantly? He was a passenger in the second half in every respect.

"Still, we knew it was going to be difficult because we were running out of time and we had 10 men and they were making it really difficult for us”

“We're a team that's built on passing and playing it quickly but we were very disappointing in that aspect and they were much better than us."

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
All fair but in reality they were back in the game due to two silly mistakes. No free kick and no penalty and time ticks away.....

And sometimes shit happens. When you chase the ball then you get tired and make silly mistakes. We never really controlled the game even when we were three up. I thought most of the team looked tired in the 2nd half.

3-0 up and the opposition are dominating the game........time to shut-up shop and control midfield. We never were on top.
#JFT97

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fuck me - there are some massive bellends in this thread.

Pretty much the norm when we don't win.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We really need to have midfielders who are comfortable on the ball to control games better. At no stage were we really in control despite the lead. Personally I see coutinho as more of a forward. Hendo is at the base of our midfield due to being our hardest working midfielder but its a problem when the player who gets most touches isn't comfortable with the ball. Gini has loads of talent but goes missing. Can is potentially our best midfielder but he's switched off defensively too many times and that's why he was on the bench.  I'd still sacrifice an attacker to put him on against Chelsea though.

Players like Moreno and Lovren will always cost you goals because frankly they're not good enough but we'll never have control without players who both turn up and are comfortable on the ball. 
There's no easy fix for Klopp until we have the likes of lallana and Keith in there.

Offline burriana

• Kopite
  • Oh you beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!
Can't kill/control a game to save our lives.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Pass completion of our starting midfielders; Henderson 57%, Coutinho 56%, Wijnaldum 75%. Not nearly good enough

All of them absolutely shat themselves when pressured.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Juneau

• Anny Roader
The captain of Liverpool, ladies and gentlemen.

What do you want him to say?

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
On balance, we scored three excellent goals. That flattered us a bit as Sevilla had some great chances.

At 3-0 up and Sevilla controlling the game, Klopp needed to flood the midfield. make sure they had no time to pass the ball and also to pick up the 2nd ball. Instead we played as if we could score 6 or 7 goals.

People moan about our defence but the first thing to do away from home is to stop the ball coming into the box and frustrate the other team by holding the ball. We panicked and let them have the ball.

It's a pity that we didn't hang on and we need to start to learn how to turn an open game into a dull and boring one. We were three nil up so leave on Mane for the counter but take off Salah and Firmino and protect the lead.

We certainly need to learn how to hold on to a lead. It looked like Milner and Can helped us, but naturally we found a way to fuck up again. Another set piece of course, but other than that we did alright. Feels like every team in the world would have had a better chance at dealing with set pieces.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
We are far from a title winning side.

As far away as my first shite unfortunately Sarge boy

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
We are better than Sevilla.

Understandable, but not really my point. My point is that LFC frustratingly failed the last three attempts to get the better of Sevilla
The change is cast

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Get lost.

You trying to say the ref had a good game the man was pathetic, wilted in the pressure of Sevilla's players throwing themselves on the ground, and the crowd baying at him. A good referee would never have given the penalty.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline SA800

• Main Stander
Spanish police and stewarding abysmal apparently. Hope no serious problems apart from a ruined evening.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
You trying to say the ref had a good game the man was pathetic, wilted in the pressure of Sevilla's players throwing themselves on the ground, and the crowd baying at him. A good referee would never have given the penalty.

It was a penalty though.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Don't know if you're being serious but we were 3-0 up at half time. 99 times out of 100 we should expect to win from that position, once the first goal went in it felt inevitable.

Forget about the score.......did you really think that we were in control? We were being over-run in midfield and that will eventually tell.
#JFT97

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
"Still, we knew it was going to be difficult because we were running out of time and we had 10 men and they were making it really difficult for us”
“We're a team that's built on passing and playing it quickly but we were very disappointing in that aspect and they were much better than us."

he's like a real life @BoringJamesMilner
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We all know this squad's limitations defensively. People getting outraged now because we conceded away from home against a side that got our number at home as well in the end. The lads who travelled will be leaving the ground dejected they're not celebrating a win, but what a fucking first half performance that was! Moreno then made two individual errors that led directly to their goals but I see half the team is being singled out. One fella started with Karius ffs who did fuck all wrong as far as I can recall.

We also had chances to win the game. Can's cutback which was cut out and Mane's volley etc.

Horrible end to the game but in the end that's an invaluable point and we top the group.

We have a huge game at the weekend to focus on and then Spartak at home to dispose of.

We've been on the up since Huddersfield, we need to keep the momentum going and focus on the positives.
faux outrage? My god

I think what this boils down to phil is that some people watch liverpool and expect that they might have learnt lessons from previous calamities with the same players and see out a 3 nil half time lead. They really really fucking hope that their team might not let them down so gutlessly and are quite upset when that happens.

Then there are the people who watch the game and go 'oh, fiddle dee dee' and move very quickly on, quite content with another fuck up as long as they sound like good fans on the internet. Faux outrage? I wish i could be bloody happy with that defence and midfield going into hiding again but im clearly not made with such strong stuff.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Regarding the next round

Top seeds (* is definite, ** is good as)
*Spurs
*City
*Beşiktaş
**Man United
**PSG
**Barcelona
**Roma/Chelsea

Second seeds
*Real Madrid
*Shaktar/Napoli
*Leipzig/Porto
**Bayern
**Juventus
**Chelsea/Roma
**Basel/CSKA

So realistically if it’s second it’s Beşiktaş, PSG, Barca and possibly Roma, first we have real, Bayern, juve and possibly Leipzig and Napoli but also Basel, so it’s basically 50-50 on finishing first or second with regards to a decent opponent (although Roma and Napoli would probably be favourites against us)
Yeah, I thought it would pan out like this. Coming first or second in the group means fuck all really. We're still going to be hoping for a kind draw either way.

Offline SA800

• Main Stander

I'm saying 'Latin players are cheats' is a pathetic statement that doesn't dignify a response.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Understandable, but not really my point. My point is that LFC frustratingly failed the last three attempts to get the better of Sevilla

Yes they were better the first time we played them. They were not the last 2 times. They threw the lying, cheating kitchen sink at us and still couldnt win.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:24:25 pm by a clueless whopper »

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
56% pass success for Henderson in that match.

He wanted time on the ball. Sevilla wouldn’t give him time. In the first half he kept getting dispossessed from behind. He had no idea he was being challenged. Check out Karius’s wonderful save at 0-1. Hendo’s pocket was picked.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Charles Foster Kane

• Anny Roader
It includes the D and one of their players was through the D and almost in the 18 yard box, so he was right, but brave!
Not what I saw but ok. It wasn't obvious either way. So brave, yes.
"The only reason Liverpool weren't fatally wounded by a first half blitz is the fortunate fact immortals can't be destroyed."
Liverpool Echo 26 May 2005

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone found out why Henderson and Gini decided to stay in the dressing room at HT.........

Henderson pass completion tonight 55%!........from the deepest lying midfielder no great surprise why we were over run...

Thought Gini did OK but was a bit slow to move the ball. I like Hendo but he does not cut the mustard at the top level. The whole problem was we couldn’t move the fucking ball on the floor through midfield. He treated the ball like a hot potato. Compare to the way Banega used the ball from CM and it was night and day.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
such a commanding lead and you just know all it takes is for them to get a goal back and we have it in the locker to collapse. The reason for this is individual mistakes, personnel and game management while under pressure.
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
All of them absolutely shat themselves when pressured.

I think they made 48 accurate passes between them, Banega made 118 on his own.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
I'm saying 'Latin players are cheats' is a pathetic statement that doesn't dignify a response.

When we play Latin sides, they cheat like mad. So I think its a factually true statement.

The last time I saw that level of diving was against Benfica.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Will Moreno retain his place Saturday?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline RooiBefok

• (Crank) Minority Martyr, and Defender & Lover of The 5th Benitle. His most ardent fan. Adores him. No really, I think he's great. The best.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
Never thought I would ever agree with Captain Bellend (who was reporting for duty as a studio pundit on SuperSport).

'Liverpool needs someone on the field, It cannot always be the Manager.  Liverpool could not stem the flow. You know they were bleeding and hemorrhaging and someone on that pitch needed to take control of it, and they've got no-one unfortunately who can do that.  Henderson can't do that.  For me he plays his own game too much.  I don't think he plays his game for the Team.  They need a new type of person who has no self indulgence, who is not interested in making himself look good.  If he's not playing well, he'll make the rest of the Team play well.'

“The 5th Benitle fell in love with himself eighteen years ago and has remained faithful ever since”

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"

But that is exactly what the Sevilla players did, they were using it as tactics. Every decision being questioned, players having a go at the ref and his assistants whenever they could, going down whether they were touched or not, add to that the partisan mood of the crowd. It got to them pure and simple.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
he's like a real life @BoringJamesMilner

Who is?

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
Spanish police and stewarding abysmal apparently. Hope no serious problems apart from a ruined evening.
Yep,been throwing their weight around the c*nts.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Forget about the score.......did you really think that we were in control? We were being over-run in midfield and that will eventually tell.
Doesn't matter, from that point their heads were down, fans were on their backs. There was no sense of game management at all, we just had to defend sensibly and continue to hit them on the break and keep the ball when possible. We don't have the ability to do that.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Pass completion of our starting midfielders; Henderson 57%, Coutinho 56%, Wijnaldum 75%. Not nearly good enough

Even before the match ended, I was wondering what the whole team's pass completion rate for that second half was. It must have been awul though.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
Also made 0 tackles and didn't contest a single header. Liverpool captain.

Fucking blows me mind. I wouldn't even have him in the squad.

We're letting Emre Can leave on a free to Juventus or Bayern, and yet Jordan Henderson is Liverpool captain. If he was availble on a free in the summer he'd be lucky to get a game at a club like West Ham.

Did you see Emre shit out of that tackle in the 72nd minute. he wins that and were away on the break. It also upset me the way when Emre got the Yellow card for nothing he couldnt stop apologising to the Seville player. He should have been screaming at the cheating c*nt to get up. Emre was ready to get on his knees and blow him. We need to fucking toughen up.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
I am not confident for Chelsea.

Have you posted any positive forum comments regarding Liverpool recently at all?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.