Author Topic: CL Sevilla 3 -3 LFC (Firmino 2 30, Mane 21 Ben Yedder 50, 60 (Pen) Pizzaro 93 )  (Read 86217 times)

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
You do realise who they are playing?
The team that just drew with the team that spanked Sevilla 5-1 you mean? I’ll hold off on shitting the bed just yet. But don’t let me stop you.
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
When we play Latin sides, they cheat like mad. So I think its a factually true statement.

The last time I saw that level of diving was against Benfica.
It's half true. They don't see it as cheating, but as 'clever play'.

Online Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
Pass completion of our starting midfielders; Henderson 57%, Coutinho 56%, Wijnaldum 75%. Not nearly good enough

That's why Phil got pulled, still looks a better player starting from the left to me.

Just a shame Hendo didn't. The hope was that Emre would take his position but alas. His part leading up to the third goal shows how lacking in composure he is.

Whilst I've a hole in my are he isn't good enough to be a six. To see him as captain shows how little leadership there must be in the squad, cos he has fuck all.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
It was a penalty though.

Exactly, not sure why some are up in arms over it.

Offline kkhaku

• Kaladze
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: k_rrar
Anyone found out why Henderson and Gini decided to stay in the dressing room at HT.........

Henderson pass completion tonight 55%!........from the deepest lying midfielder no great surprise why we were over run...

Context, mate. Think about it. His midfield partners were Gini - and essentially 4 forwards who really have no idea how to play the role of a midfield trench man against a good European side.

Not saying he played well, but you leave a guy who's quite new to the #6 role deserted like that - it's going to take a miracle to come out of it having played well.
"God is dead." - Freidrich Nietzsche, 1882
"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900

Online Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Will Moreno retain his place Saturday?

He would have to. I can’t see Milner in that spot again to be honest. If Moreno screws his head back on properly, he should be first choice. Robertson himself is also error prone, and without match fitness, it would be suicide to throw him on against Chelsea.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
I think they made 48 accurate passes between them, Banega made 118 on his own.

I think at the end of the first half, Sevilla had made 200 plus passes to our 90 or so. That tells you that one team were moving the ball around and one team was under pressure. With such a one-sided stat something needed to be done but we either don't have the players or we don't change our tactics to suit. yes we were 3 up but that can disappear in 5 minutes.
#JFT97

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
No point slating Moreno it's all been said before but f u ck me i'd have the armband off Henderson after that asap.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
Tell you what when they equalised I'm so fucking glad they didn't get the ball out of the net and get it kicked off again. We were done and the win was on

Can imagine a few of their fans had the group table in mind aswell when they weee French kissing each other
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
One thing to note is that Banega has one of the highest ranges of perfomance in the modern game. One game, like always against us, amazing tackling, intilligent passing and sublime dribbling. But other games, like against Spartak he is completely useles and is a total passenger who has no heart in the game. Very few players go from 2/10 to 10/10 quite like Banega. All teams, inculuding Barcelona and Real in the past, will have trouble dealing with him not knowing what they will get.

With that said, Henderson in his prime seemed to rely on his physical engine more than others, like a midfield Bale. Injuries and endless pressing with Klopp seemed to have taken their toll on his physicality earlier than most. His postioning can't make up for his lack of physcality. And his overall game suffers tremendously so a Banega can exploit even further.

Shame really, it's why a lot want TAA to be pushed into midfield alongside Keita, to make up for not just make up for Can deperature but Henderson's rapid decline phsyical decline. He still has god games, but unless he adjusts, it is only going to get worse.   
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
It's half true. They don't see it as cheating, but as 'clever play'.

I agree, they dont see it as cheating. It is cheating though.

Its why i cannot bare to support or watch Spanish sides. Its embarrassing.

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
Will Moreno retain his place Saturday?

Think it's a tough call. Drop him, confidence is shot. Play him against whatever 50 million pound winger Chelsea stick on him, hard to say what happens. I'd probably play him though, been excellent all season bar tonight, which probably was a tough one for him for multiple reasons.

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
What if...

We lose to Spartak and Sevilla draw with Maribor

All three teams on 9 points.

Which two go through?

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
But that is exactly what the Sevilla players did, they were using it as tactics. Every decision being questioned, players having a go at the ref and his assistants whenever they could, going down whether they were touched or not, add to that the partisan mood of the crowd. It got to them pure and simple.

Are all of the Sevilla players "Latin" though? It wasn't a good statement to begin with, he's right.

Offline Charles Foster Kane

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Most half time comments are knee-jerks. Just because they happen to be prescient after the fact does not make them any less knee-jerk at the time they're written. If you believe you can offer a better commentary on our games, in real time, whilst watching, then I'll give you a trial. Until that point, lay off with the cheap shots on a valued member of our team.
I'm your huckleberry. Give me a call.

That's not the point though. He gave a halftime comment after the game was finished, Today. That's what I found funny.

EDIT: She. Sorry.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:31:13 pm by Charles Foster Kane »
"The only reason Liverpool weren't fatally wounded by a first half blitz is the fortunate fact immortals can't be destroyed."
Liverpool Echo 26 May 2005

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Also made 0 tackles and didn't contest a single header. Liverpool captain.

Fucking blows me mind. I wouldn't even have him in the squad.

We're letting Emre Can leave on a free to Juventus or Bayern, and yet Jordan Henderson is Liverpool captain. If he was availble on a free in the summer he'd be lucky to get a game at a club like West Ham.

Let’s play JEOPARDY!!!

‘Slagging off Liverpool and moaning that I’m shit at FIFA?’
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline SA800

• Main Stander
Have you posted any positive forum comments regarding Liverpool recently at all?

Why don't you take a look at my posting history officer.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
I think they made 48 accurate passes between them, Banega made 118 on his own.

Not good.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Are all of the Sevilla players "Latin" though? It wasn't a good statement to begin with, he's right.

The ones who were diving were. Those to knobbish full backs were kings of it.

Offline Marcel

• Anny Roader
True. There is no doubt we have qualities.

What bothers me is that we go from being really sharp to being direct poor. I would like to see better stability. When teams get to test our defence, we fold. Spurs, City and Sevilla twice. 14 goals against. We need to be able to stop the bleeding, but we seem unable to do that. Our defensive ability should be much better at this point in time. Our front three and Coutinho is top quality. The rest sometimes feel like bottom half standard and our defending on set pieces is even worse.
We won't go far in the CL with this. We might do quite well in the league if we attack and beat the bottom half sides. But in reality we need to address our defence and midfield if we want to win stuff.

Yeah, what you and the other poster who replied [Studgotelli] have said makes sense. Wouldn't say bottom half quality though.

Obviously I hope you're both wrong with regard to matches v bigger teams in the CL though. I back us. Of course, if I had to bet my life on a team to win the whole thing? Probably wouldn't pick Liverpool. But I don't have to.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
I agree, they dont see it as cheating. It is cheating though.

Its why i cannot bare to support or watch Spanish sides. Its embarrassing.

Which is why you need a strong referee and one who will not be swayed by external pressure.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What if...

Which two go through?

Spartak and Sevilla, due to head to head. We only need a draw at home, though, whilst Spartak have to beat us.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
Liverpool lack in game management. Even the passage of play before the corner, Liverpool had plenty of chances to clear, not exactly sure what Mane was doing.

Corner, everyone switched off and ball watched. Happening too many times.

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
But that is exactly what the Sevilla players did, they were using it as tactics. Every decision being questioned, players having a go at the ref and his assistants whenever they could, going down whether they were touched or not, add to that the partisan mood of the crowd. It got to them pure and simple.

But that's par for the course in Europe and we'd expect nothing less from our own players and fans in the same situation - it's not the reason why we threw away a 3 goal lead.

A lot of us were brought up on teams that only needed one away goal in Europe, now 3 isn't enough !

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
What if...

Which two go through?

If we lose at home to Spartak then we don't really deserve to go through, do we?
#JFT97

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
What if...

Which two go through?
Us and Moscow.
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
I doubt anyone's shitting themselves about Spartak, Alan. They're just upset that we could - and should- have wrapped it up tonight. It's understandable, is it not?

Dunno. Maybe I’m too old for this shit. A 3-3 draw away in the hardest game of the group with a home game against an average side? Of course it would have been great to hang on for the win but I’m not losing sleep over it.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Regarding the next round

Top seeds (* is definite, ** is good as)
*Spurs
*City
*Beşiktaş
**Man United
**PSG
**Barcelona
**Roma/Chelsea

Second seeds
*Real Madrid
*Shaktar/Napoli
*Leipzig/Porto
**Bayern
**Juventus
**Chelsea/Roma
**Basel/CSKA

So realistically if it’s second it’s Beşiktaş, PSG, Barca and possibly Roma, first we have real, Bayern, juve and possibly Leipzig and Napoli but also Basel, so it’s basically 50-50 on finishing first or second with regards to a decent opponent (although Roma and Napoli would probably be favourites against us)

Thanks for that. First is better for me.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
If we lose at home to Spartak then we don't really deserve to go through, do we?

Is the right answer.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
Van Dijk suddenly looks worth 70Mil again.....

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"

It doesn't alter the fact though that the Sevilla players were going down with little or minimal contact.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
Thought Gini did OK but was a bit slow to move the ball. I like Hendo but he does not cut the mustard at the top level. The whole problem was we couldn’t move the fucking ball on the floor through midfield. He treated the ball like a hot potato. Compare to the way Banega used the ball from CM and it was night and day.

In hindsight we should have had Can slot into the 6 spot and have Henderson replace Phil on the left of midfield and tell him to just harass Banega.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Spartak and Sevilla, due to head to head. We only need a draw at home, though, whilst Spartak have to beat us.

We have more away goals v Sevilla so we go through. Not Sevilla.

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Gini was on the pitch tonight? Thought he was at home babysitting Albertos baby while he ran about the pitch losing the game for us.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
On Moreno, he probably came into this match on the back of a few sleepless nights. The guy has been perfectly solid for a good 10-12 games now. I'd give him a pass on this one.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Which is why you need a strong referee and one who will not be swayed by external pressure.
None of the decisions he made impacted on the result. A couple of soft ones for the can and was it countinho? booking.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The team that just drew with the team that spanked Sevilla 5-1 you mean? I’ll hold off on shitting the bed just yet. But don’t let me stop you.

If are relying on them to do us a favour we don’t deserve to go through. I’m not shitting the bed, I still believe we will go through however we threw away a great chance to rest some key players.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Why don't you take a look at my posting history

I did. You should be so proud.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline xhaxhi

• Main Stander
Dunno. Maybe I’m too old for this shit. A 3-3 draw away in the hardest game of the group with a home game against an average side? Of course it would have been great to hang on for the win but I’m not losing sleep over it.

Are you happy with todays performance and the full time result, when we were 3 nil up at half time?

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Never thought I would ever agree with Captain Bellend (who was reporting for duty as a studio pundit on SuperSport).

'Liverpool needs someone on the field, It cannot always be the Manager.  Liverpool could not stem the flow. You know they were bleeding and hemorrhaging and someone on that pitch needed to take control of it, and they've got no-one unfortunately who can do that.  Henderson can't do that.  For me he plays his own game too much.  I don't think he plays his game for the Team.  They need a new type of person who has no self indulgence, who is not interested in making himself look good.  If he's not playing well, he'll make the rest of the Team play well.'

I agree. Heard him on previous games of ours and his comments are pretty fair (and accurate)