Author Topic: CL Sevilla 3 -3 LFC (Firmino 2 30, Mane 21 Ben Yedder 50, 60 (Pen) Pizzaro 93 )  (Read 86215 times)

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
Spartak having beat us and drew with us would be ahead of us

Sevilla having drew with us twice would be behind us ON GD and also behind spartak with better head to head

So that would be

Spartak
Liverpool
Sevilla

I thought if three teams are on the same points results against the 4th placed team are not counted.

So we'd have 3 points from Sevilla/Spartak
Spartak would have 7 from Sevilla/Liverpool
Sevilla would have 5 from Spartak/Liverpool

We'd be out.

Offline Charles Foster Kane

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Because Sevilla were continually getting free kicks from the ref, which gave them total momentum in the early stages. Once the momentum builds in that way it becomes an entirely different sort of game.
The freekick for their first goal was perfectly fine though.
"The only reason Liverpool weren't fatally wounded by a first half blitz is the fortunate fact immortals can't be destroyed."
Liverpool Echo 26 May 2005

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
We can't count on Maribor doing us any favours

We beat them 10-0 over two games ffs. Anyone hoping/expecting them to take anything off Sevilla needs their head examined.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Spot on Yorky. It is a weakness of his, this need to touch and set himself, he lacks a bit of subtlety I think, clever play by Sevilla though. I really like Hendo, both as a personality and a player but he can be knobbled if a team sets it's mind to it. He is a good flat track bully, particularly in England but a bit like a wounded bull sometimes against a slick matador. Anyway I am sure Mr K knows this.

He gets by in that position in the league because he’s routinely given time and space. Isn’t that right? Even then he tends to offload very conservatively. But in this game he was being pressed and hassled. Of course he didn’t know how to cope. As you say that extra little touch he requires before he gets his head up was one touch too many.

He’s Liverpool’s biggest weakness I feel. A skipper who relies on the quality around him to survive.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
The whole team has been taken apart and dissected over the last 20 pages or whatever we're up to.

Yet dare lose to the champions away from home at the weekend and all this will be regurgitated as if it's some sort of new revelation that we aren't the finished article squad wise or defensively etc. Where's the logic?

Are we over achieving right now then or under achieving?

If we are as average as some of you make out, are you not fucking thrilled then that we have a tangible chance of making the CL knockout stages
topping the group after tonight and sitting just 4 pts off second in the league?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Really?

Yes really. I’ve seen us win European trophies playing far worse than this in the early stages. Who gives a fuck? Seville had to play their best to get a draw and grab second place from Spartak.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
The freekick for their first goal was perfectly fine though.

Did I even mention that particular one?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Supersuarez7

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
Where to start.... great going forward and scoring goals as always, horrid taking any kind of pressure and pissing away 2/3 goal leads as always, mediocre defensive midfield and defensive performances as always, not all down to one person but again 2 goals conceded from his mistakes.... it's all too familiar, our front 4/5 would dominate the league but we just can't defend or soak up pressure, not too mention find a No1 keeper..... back to the drawing board as it's yet ANOTHER season in transition, I mean how many do we need? end of last season: we only need 2-3 quality players for a couple of positions.... today: we need 4-5 quality players for quite a few positions.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
Its not a result to lose sleep over. We were the better side over two games but unfortunately some mad defending and some poor decisions cost us.

We will probably have results this mad again, its the nature of our side. But what we cant have is results affecting us for the next few games.

The players need to clear it our their minds and just get on with it.

That's my only concern from tonight - the potential affect it has on us for the weekend. Time will tell, of course.

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
We have more points than Sevilla.

Not in the scenario in the posts I was replying to. 
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
We beat them 10-0 over two games ffs. Anyone hoping/expecting them to take anything off Sevilla needs their head examined.

Watch them terminate them 3-0 now...  ;)

Fuck all would surprise me. European football feels like the F.A Cup but with bigger ears.

Continually on 11,420.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
The only thing that could be questioned about Klopp is that we kept to a 4-2-4 shape even in the second half. It is difficult because if you drop back then you could lose the momentum but maybe we should have asked Coutinho to sit more or made a change with one of the wingers coming off.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
The whole team has been taken apart and dissected over the last 20 pages or whatever we're up to.

Yet dare lose to the champions away from home at the weekend and all this will be regurgitated as if it's some sort of new revelation that we aren't the finished article squad wise or defensively etc. Where's the logic?

Are we over achieving right now then or under achieving?

If we are as average as some of you make out, are you not fucking thrilled then that we have a tangible chance of making the CL knockout stages
topping the group after tonight and sitting just 4 pts off second in the league?

There is still a massive disparity between our attack and the rest of our side and until that changes it is always going to be difficult to assess the extent of what our ambitions should be.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Group A
Home   Away   Total   
Clubs                                         P   W   D   L   W   D   L   W   D   L   F   A   +/-   Pts
1   AS Monaco FC AS Monaco FC   6   3   0   0   1   0   2   4   0   2   10   4   6   12
2   Liverpool FC Liverpool FC           6   2   1   0   1   0   2   3   1   2   6   3   3   10
3   Olympiacos FC Olympiacos FC   6   3   0   0   0   1   2   3   1   2   5   5   0   10
4 C    Deportivo La Coruña                   6   0   1   2   0   1   2   0   2   4   0   9   -9   2
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline ron_from_peru

• Main Stander
I thought if three teams are on the same points results against the 4th placed team are not counted.

So we'd have 3 points from Sevilla/Spartak
Spartak would have 7 from Sevilla/Liverpool
Sevilla would have 5 from Spartak/Liverpool

We'd be out.

this is how it works. Wed be out. Cant lose against Spartak, end of.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
He won his header, who was marking the scorer and what was Karius doing?

He won his header?

He flicked it 10 yards to the Sevilla player!

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Yes really. I’ve seen us win European trophies playing far worse than this in the early stages. Who gives a fuck? Seville had to play their best to get a draw and grab second place from Spartak.

I too have seen those games. We also had to play our best in one half to get a draw as did Sevilla.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is this something like the first time in nine years that we have made the knock out stages? So grim.

Your talking about the knockout stages we haven’t actually reached yet despite playing 5 games against distinctly average teams.

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
We were 3 nil up away against Sevilla and could have and should have got more.

Credit to them on the second half display, but Moreno giving away such a lazy penalty, (was just like the one against Arsenal last season)
meant they could throw everything at us, and we almost hung on

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
CL Sevilla 3 -3 LFC (Firmino 2 30, Mane 21 Ben Yedder 50, 60 (Pen) Pizzaro 93 )
« Reply #1019 on: November 21, 2017, 10:52:22 pm »
That is not how it works.

If there is a triple tie (Spartak win at Anfield, Sevilla draw Maribor) then ALL games between those 3 teams - and ONLY those games - are all taken into account to determine who goes through. The teams with the most points go through. If level on points, GD decides.

So thatd be

Spartak 5 pts
Sevilla 5 pts
Liverpool 3 pts

We go to the EL. They go through.

You got a source for that? That’s the first time I’ve ever heard that. Not saying I know you’re wrong like, but I think you are.
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
We need a more intelligent player in Henderson's position who can slow the game down a bit when we're holding onto a lead. We're brainless in midfield. We're also way too naive. Look at Sevilla cheating and constantly harassing the referee and putting him under pressure. We're far too nice for this sport. Not going to get anywhere until we gain more savvy.

Offline redintweed

• Anny Roader
Devastated to be honest. As the commentator said, now we know how Milan felt.

Most are having a crack (justifiably so too) at Moreno, but what was Klavan thinking on Sevilla’s 3rd goal? He has a free defensive header, trys a power glancing header (or whatever the fuck it was), totally messes it up, just gets a touch on it straight to an unmarked opposition player 8 yards from goal instead of just getting it cleared back out towards the wing. Just amazes me. In fairness, both him and Lovren were OK up to that point. I also thought Gomez had a cracking game.

But the biggest problem for me is we have never really replaced Mascherano. We need that defensive minded midfielder to shield the back four. I like Henderson, but he is not that player we need in that position. We really needed a Lucas type in there tonight. Henderson was no way near as bad as some have said tonight, but he positional play is not where it should be. Yes he made some telling interceptions but in the second half Sevilla had the run of the midfield and that’s what really cost us in the end. It costs us time and time again.

Yes, at the end of the day, 3 defensive errors cost us the game. But I argue, if we can shield the back 4 better, we wouldn’t be in the susceptable positions that we get into as often. I might be wrong, but it looks plain as day to me.

We should have won, but a draw isn’t the end of the world. We can still progress with a decent performance against Moscow. I actually thought at 3-2 we were a big chance of losing it the way we were playing. Sevilla also missed 2 golden chances in the first half and we have Karius to thank for keeping one of them out. Sevilla largely marked Salah out of the game. Mane, Firmino (first half) and Can had great chances to seal it, but alas it wasn’t to be.

It is not great that we now have to field a full strength side against Moscow with all the important games we have in December. Klopp will have to rotate a bit more than he probably wants to. Sturridge could be very important in December, as will Lallana. I fear for the atmosphere at Anfield if we concede an early goal against Moscow. The nerves will kick in big time. Hopefully the crowd get behind the boys and we can get to the knockout stages top of the group.

But unless we improve markedly, we won’t get to far against some of the top teams. But knockout football is a strange game, just as 2005 proved!
I'd rather play for Liverpool Reserves than Everton.

• Anny Roader
Fuck me - what an appalling situation to be in. Top of the group with a home game to play against an average team. Oh noes!!!!!!!!
That you cannot afford to loose. Because you just gave away a 3-0 advantage. Great! How do you think Klopp feels?
"The only reason Liverpool weren't fatally wounded by a first half blitz is the fortunate fact immortals can't be destroyed."

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Can I just apologise for not thinking Liverpool are a heap of shite. I know it goes against the grain but there you go.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Jürgen Klopp's verdict on Reds' 3-3 draw with Sevilla

Jürgen Klopp admitted Liverpool became 'too passive’ in the second half of their 3-3 Champions League group-stage draw with Sevilla in Spain on Tuesday night.

The Reds raced into a three-goal lead in the first half at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium, opening the scoring after just 90 seconds via Roberto Firmino.

The Brazilian grabbed a second after Sadio Mane had also netted in an outstanding display in the first 45 minutes.

However, Sevilla fought back after the break to claim a point as Wissam Ben Yedder struck twice, including a penalty, before Guido Pizarro lashed home a stoppage-time equaliser.

Read on for a summary of the manager’s post-match press conference…

On his reaction to the game and result…

The description is easy - two different halves. A fantastic first half of my team and in the second half we made the mistake that we didn’t carry on playing football. It’s normal that you try to control the game then, but a team like we are, we have to control the game with the ball – and we didn’t play football anymore. We became a little bit passive, they scored the first one and it was obvious the atmosphere changed immediately. It gave them a big boost. Until the second goal, we were reacting but after the second goal I think it was an open game again. We could have scored off counter-attacks, but we didn’t. We opened the door for them and didn’t close it anymore, so they could score in the last minute and that was the story of the game.

On why Sevilla were able to fight back in the second half…

Yes, it was extra frustrating. They are human beings and maybe [Liverpool players thought they’d won by half-time] but it was a misjudgement, if you want. Controlling the game, it is not allowed to become passive in a game like this because of that the second half is too long - 50 minutes or longer. It’s not the first time it has happened in football and it won’t be the last time. We did similar things already at home; we used our crowd and used our atmosphere. The atmosphere helped Sevilla a lot; they had to show character. If this is at Anfield and we are 3-0 up it is different, but because it was here they had to show character in the second half. They did, they fought back, and as I said, we let them come back in the game and that is our main mistake.

On whether he was satisfied with a point…

No. Before the game, and that’s maybe a strange thing, if you told me it would be a draw I would say, ‘OK, let me see the game first but it is not the worst result’ – but then when you then play that first half then you want to win, of course.

On the mentality of the players...

No, you cannot make it like this, we showed already a fantastic mentality. We showed it against - the obvious one - Dortmund, we showed it in a lot of other games. Yes, it was not perfect tonight, that's true, but it is not a general problem. In this atmosphere, yes, we need to get more and more experience. Could we have done better? 100 per cent. Do we think it's a mentality problem? 100 per cent not. It was a misjudgement. We wanted to play like we played the first half but, of course, control the game a little bit. Why should we take a lot of risk? But then you become a little bit passive and that makes no sense, it doesn't work. Free-kick, penalty, we scored twice from a set piece in a fantastic first half but two goals came from a corner. It's football and until the final whistle, everything is possible. I knew that before - I don’t doubt the mentality of the boys.

On still being in control of the group...

From tomorrow on we will know we have a point more than we had this afternoon. But in this moment - I don't think anybody can change this - it feels like we lost the game. We didn't lose the game. Ask Sevilla, they feel like they won the game but they didn't. That’s our business, that’s our life, we have to start preparing for Chelsea pretty much immediately. In this moment, it is like it is, we cannot change it anymore. Everybody wants to change it but it's not possible. We played the game already and we will again learn off it but for tonight it is too late and we have to accept the result.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me

If there is a triple tie (Spartak win at Anfield, Sevilla draw Maribor) then ALL games between those 3 teams - and ONLY those games - are all taken into account to determine who goes through. The teams with the most points go through. If level on points, GD decides.

So thatd be

Spartak 5 pts
Sevilla 5 pts
Liverpool 3 pts

Ah yeah that's true

Good job we'll beat Spartak really then isn't it
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
We need a more intelligent player in Henderson's position who can slow the game down a bit when we're holding onto a lead. We're brainless in midfield. We're also way too naive. Look at Sevilla cheating and constantly harassing the referee and putting him under pressure. We're far too nice for this sport. Not going to get anywhere until we gain more savvy.

I wouldnt compare against their ability to hound the ref. Thats a cultural thing and all players buy into it when they join them.

But yes we should do more of that, at least to Chelsea levels.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
Can I just apologise for not thinking Liverpool are a heap of shite. I know it goes against the grain but there you go.

😂

Just make sure it doesn't happen again mate

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
We were 3 nil up away against Sevilla and could have and should have got more.

Credit to them on the second half display, but Moreno giving away such a lazy penalty, (was just like the one against Arsenal last season)
meant they could throw everything at us, and we almost hung on

It wasn't the penalty that did it for me, he was a bit unlucky - went to toe poke the ball and the guy put his foot down from the side and he stood on his foot.
It was the free kick. Why put your arm on him there? He is going down as soon as you touch him. just shield him away.

• Anny Roader
I have been unfairly banned from the transfer board for highlighting a number of facts and since then have been more sporadic. We see in the performance of Moreno today how right I was though.
None of us needs that though.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
That you cannot afford to loose. Because you just gave away a 3-0 advantage. Great! How do you think Klopp feels?

I think he probably feels ok.

Seriously - we have a home game ‘that we can’t afford to lose’. How many games have we lost at home this season? Why are you shitting your kecks? Why do you think we are so fucking shite?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline daj79

• Main Stander
Group A
Home   Away   Total   
Clubs                                         P   W   D   L   W   D   L   W   D   L   F   A   +/-   Pts
1   AS Monaco FC AS Monaco FC   6   3   0   0   1   0   2   4   0   2   10   4   6   12
2   Liverpool FC Liverpool FC           6   2   1   0   1   0   2   3   1   2   6   3   3   10
3   Olympiacos FC Olympiacos FC   6   3   0   0   0   1   2   3   1   2   5   5   0   10
4 C    Deportivo La Coruña                   6   0   1   2   0   1   2   0   2   4   0   9   -9   2

If ever we need inspiration it’s a group table from 12 years ago containing an entirely different Liverpool team.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
did you joyfully switch the tele off, skip over to the computer, log on to rawk and feel real shock that people would be unhappy that we just threw away a three goal lead and a guaranteed place in the last 16 of the champions league (as group winners), via errors from the same old players that have produced the exact same shite time and time again? Or are you just playing superfan again?

So if you are unhappy, you have to behave like a bellend? Or can you be unhappy and still act like a human being?
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline dangerpuss

• A bit like bagpuss. But more.....um.....dangerous.....um.....
  • Kopite
  • Allez, allez, allez
Funny how it takes 5 games to turn a corner and a single draw to crash the fucking car.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Our own manager's not happy with the result, so I've no idea why some people here are trying to sell that as a good and/or satisfactory result for us, whilst not caring that we've blown a 3 goal lead in the process either.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
What we've seen tonight doesn't bode well even if we scrape through one of the worst Champions League groups ever. If we can't see out a 3-0 lead against an average Sevilla side I can't see us coping well in the Nou Camp or Bernabeu.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan

So thatd be

Spartak 5 pts
Sevilla 5 pts
Liverpool 3 pts

Sorry - why are you speculating about a Spartak win at Anfield? If that shower of shite win then we’re in the Europa League. And we’ll have to win that instead.

Enjoy your fucking football for fucks sake!
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
Our own manager's not happy with the result, so I've no idea why some people here are trying to sell that as a good and/or satisfactory result for us, whilst not caring that we've blown a 3 goal lead in the process either.

I missed the bit where he said we turned to shite against a good side and we will never win anything.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Had it been a more routine draw today, a 1-1 say would everyone be worrying about having to avoid defeat against Spartak?

We should have qualified by now, we should really have won every game really but we haven’t. Obviously there’s al has a risk of losing but come on, our home record is very decent, as long as we don’t self destruct (always a possibility granted) we should be fine. Need to approach that game with a positive mentality and go out to win and seal first place.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
What we've seen tonight doesn't bode well even if we scrape through one of the worst Champions League groups ever. If we can't see out a 3-0 lead against an average Sevilla side I can't see us coping well in the Nou Camp or Bernabeu.

We didnt lose a single game against big sides last season but lost to Bournmouth when 3-1 up and lost to Hull.