Author Topic: José Manuel "Pepe" Reina Páez  (Read 36091 times)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Re: José Manuel "Pepe" Reina Páez
« Reply #40 on: March 5, 2017, 03:55:32 pm »
Love how fucking nuts he goes after the save. His passion could never be questioned.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #41 on: March 5, 2017, 05:53:36 pm »

Nice save vs Roma today

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kEvSE5PPN9s?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kEvSE5PPN9s?fs=1</a>

Brilliant save, and at a really vital moment. Top man & keeper.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #42 on: March 5, 2017, 06:01:20 pm »
At the heart of Rafa's team he was a wonderful keeper but also a wonderful person too. i am glad he is doing well in Italy now, would like to have him back at the club in some form afterwards, maybe as a coach a wonderful personality to have around on a day to day level.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • The Suite Life by Chinmoy Lad
« Reply #43 on: March 6, 2017, 07:17:04 am »
At the heart of Rafa's team he was a wonderful keeper but also a wonderful person too. i am glad he is doing well in Italy now, would like to have him back at the club in some form afterwards, maybe as a coach a wonderful personality to have around on a day to day level.

Fuck that I'd take him back right now as a keeper.
All things luxury travel. Be inspired for your next trip: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: March 7, 2017, 02:19:22 am »
Eh. He was never the same after the own goal against Arsenal at the start of 2010-11, and I've never got the impression he's recovered his consistency since. And let's face it, if Mignolet had made that save people would be queuing up too point out how it only looked impressive because he was off balance when the shot was struck.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 7, 2017, 01:42:33 pm »
His distribution of the ball is still one of the best I have ever seen from a goalie, hell the ability to get an attack going from the box is better than 99% of any goalie/defender.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: March 9, 2017, 09:12:00 pm »
Loved his celebration when he ran the full length of the pitch after N'gog scored the second against the rats in the last minute at Anfield.

Offline sully0182

• Kemlynite
  • We see things they'll never see

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2017, 01:06:41 am »
https://www.balls.ie/football/pepe-reina-poised-leave-napoli-club-president-takes-pop-wife-365761

Come back to Liverpool Pepe!

What a tit De Laurentiis is.

Reina will have no shortage of offers after another top season at Napoli.

3rd best defence in the league conceding on average a goal a game - not bad considering just how attacking Napoli are (90 goals in 37) - and his superb distribution has likely had a hand in a fair few of those goals too.

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2017, 09:18:13 pm »
who is newcastle's keeper? i could see rafa being interested in pepe and even lucas. two great pro's with experience and good leaders.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2017, 10:39:33 pm »
https://www.balls.ie/football/pepe-reina-poised-leave-napoli-club-president-takes-pop-wife-365761

Come back to Liverpool Pepe!

Is Karius even leaving?

I doubt he'd come here to play the odd cup games though. Given the struggles City have on the keeper spot maybe Pep will find room for him?

I think I've heard Darlow's been in good form for Newcastle this season; can't confirm it obviously. So can't see Rafa coming in unless there's some proper sentiment there. He'd be a good catch for Newcastle of course but I think that club will stick with Darlow for the future.
Linudden.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2017, 04:16:15 am »
His shot stopping still leaves room for doubt, hasn't recaptured his peak. His main use to Napoli, Sarri's game is his ability with his feet, he's had criticism over the season for mistakes, Napoli have been linked with Szczesney for a while, and recently Donnaruma too.

I love Pepe but he really shouldn't be in the frame for our goalie position based on recent evidence. It's a bit sad and mystifying as he's at the age where there is no excuse for a drop in level of the shot-stopping of a goalie, should be at his absolute peak.

Darlow is quite easily a better shot-stopper and in 1v1s at this moment in time though who knows, Benitez might fancy knowing why exactly the level's dropped and that he can get him back to his best. Big risk though.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2017, 10:17:16 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Dudek savessssss.........!

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop Forum
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2017, 10:23:41 am »
There was a two-minute interlude where Liverpool’s three-man attack squared up against United’s three-man defence and basically stalked them back into their own penalty area, like battle-hardened mountain wolves closing in on a flock of geriatric sheep.  Barney Ronay at Anfield @barneyronay Sun 19 Jan 2020 20.36 GMT

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2017, 02:05:08 pm »
Aww what a great photo.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2017, 11:30:21 pm »
I'd have him here.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2017, 12:05:52 am »
Probably would too. I'd even forgive him for the 5 a season he'd let in on his near post. Assuming chubby Reina didn't return anyway.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2017, 01:19:18 am »
Pfff. Should've never let him go.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2017, 07:57:34 am »
Maybe the decline in perfomances that saddened me most. All my other favourite players declined through age or injury, Reina on the other hand just fell off a cliff, and never regained any confidence while playing for us. Goalkeeper has got to be the worst position in which to go through a crisis of confidence and form, every error is likely to lead to a goal, and everything you do is under a microscope.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2017, 06:57:54 am »
Reina's departure from Napoli could be on, seemed quite emotional post Atalanta game, in his agent's own words, the final contract Napoli offered about a month ago was for lower terms and wages than he was on currently. PSG have been linked, but I'm not so sure that's confirmed yet, could be a surprise there.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: September 1, 2017, 03:50:43 am »
Staying at Napoli

Belated happy birthday Pepe  :wave
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2018, 06:09:43 pm »
Reina underwent a physical in preparation for a move to AC Milan this summer after his Napoli contract expires.

https://en.as.com/en/2018/03/12/football/1520859167_032344.html
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2018, 03:05:52 am »
Outgoing Napoli goalkeeper Pepe Reina has been summoned to a hearing at the Italian football federation over his association with people with links to the mafia.

Reina, along with Paolo Cannavaro and Salvatore Aronica, is to face the FIGC's disciplinary committee after an investigation by Naples' anti-mafia department.

It is reportedly one of the reasons why Napoli decided not to renew Reina's contract, with the former Liverpool goalkeeper set to move to AC Milan on a free transfer.

The FIGC says Reina "has had and continues to have inopportune association and friendship with Gabriele Esposito, Francesco Esposito and Giuseppe Esposito." It adds that that includes holidays and "an exchange of favours."

Cannavaro, who had two spells with Napoli, retired at Sassuolo last year. Aronica also spent several years at the southern club before joining Palermo in 2013.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/napoli/story/3506491/napoli-goalkeeper-pepe-reina-to-face-disciplinary-hearing-over-mafia-links
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2018, 08:52:02 pm »
Pfff. Should've never let him go.

Best keeper we've had while I've been alive, and Rodgers loaned him out for Simon Mignolet.

Envelope toting fraud. 
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #65 on: August 5, 2018, 01:53:02 am »

Best of luck to Reina at Milan from this season onwards...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepe_Reina

Seems he's the third ex-Red to be currently playing for Milan - along with Suso and Borini.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2019, 09:13:52 am »
10 years ago today he sprinted the length of the pitch to be the first to celebrate with Ngog in front of the Kop  ;D

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2019, 01:13:02 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VVAeBOpq_4A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VVAeBOpq_4A</a>

Pepe Reina saved an injury-time penalty as struggling AC Milan beat Genoa to distance themselves from the Serie A relegation places and ease the pressure on manager Marco Giampaolo.

In an incident-packed match featuring four red cards, the visitors fought back with two goals in six second-half minutes through Theo Hernandez and Franck Kessie's penalty.

Lasse Schone's sublime free-kick had given Genoa a half-time lead.

Milan climb to 11th with victory.

Succeeding Gennaro Gattuso as Milan boss in June, former Sampdoria manager Giampaolo had come under increasing pressure following the 18-time champions' dismal start to the campaign.

The seven-time champions of Europe had already suffered four defeats in their opening six league games, having been well beaten by Fiorentina last weekend.

Schone's opener for fellow strugglers Genoa, who sit second from bottom, provided relief for Giampaolo's counterpart Aurelio Andreazzoli - but the contest turned in the 51st minute as Hernandez beat Andrei Radu at his near post.

Moments later, Milan were awarded a penalty after a lengthy Video Assistant Referee review found Davide Biraschi guilty of handball, with the defender duly dismissed.

Genoa goalkeeper Radu denied substitute Rafael Leao at close range as the visitors, reduced to 10 men following a second yellow card for right-back Davide Calabria, chased a third.

With the drama not over, former Liverpool goalkeeper Reina brought down Christian Kouame before denying Schone from the spot in the 95th minute to secure a crucial three points.

A first red card of the match had been awarded to Genoa's Riccardo Saponara after comments he made from the bench, while Milan's unused substitute Samu Castillejo received the game's fourth for a similar offence shortly before the final whistle.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 01:16:14 pm by soxfan »
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #68 on: January 8, 2020, 08:18:28 pm »
Back in the prem with Aston Villa.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2020, 06:01:09 am »
Back in the prem with Aston Villa.

Confirmed??? The reception he is going to get when he comes to Anfield is gonna be unreal. Good player, Great guy.
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2020, 12:46:03 pm »
Confirmed??? The reception he is going to get when he comes to Anfield is gonna be unreal. Good player, Great guy.
Not sure but it’s happening.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2020, 09:01:57 pm »
Not sure but it’s happening.

Apparently it is according to 5 Live
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
Re: José Manuel &quot;Pepe&quot; Reina Páez
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2020, 09:46:26 pm »
Has his medical on Monday with them. Good luck to the guy.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2020, 10:17:27 pm »
Apparently it is according to 5 Live
Yeah that’s what I said   :D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2020, 10:18:39 pm »
Has his medical on Monday with them. Good luck to the guy.

Awesome, hope he wins the League Cup :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2020, 09:09:02 pm »
Shame he's playing for those c*nts as I want them to get relegated.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2020, 10:45:05 pm »
Shame it's Villa but nonetheless good luck to him even though he's way past it as a top flight keeper nowadays.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2020, 04:00:39 pm »
He's doing very well but is a bit frustrated not having Sami and Carra in front of him.

You try me once you beg for more.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2020, 09:12:26 am »
Didn't have a memorable game against Leicester. Rushed out 20 yards and gifted Leicester their 1st goal. Villa went on to concede 3 more goals.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51700962

Leicester were already on top without finding the breakthrough when Reina decided to run about 20 yards outside his penalty area in an attempt to cut out Albrighton's long ball to Barnes. Why he did so was a mystery, with several defenders running back into position.

Barnes took advantage by nipping the ball past the Spaniard - the oldest player to make an error leading to a goal in the Premier League this season - before scoring past two defenders on the line from 20 yards.

"Pepe came out for a ball he wasn't going to get and made Barnes' goal easy," said Smith. "One of my biggest regrets was how we gave the ball away so cheaply against a team who want the football.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2020, 02:42:32 pm »
Barnes took advantage by nipping the ball past the Spaniard - the oldest player to make an error leading to a goal in the Premier League this season - before scoring past two defenders on the line from 20 yards.
Talk about scraping the barrel for useless, irrelevant stats!!