Author Topic: Fabio Aurelio  (Read 93717 times)

Offline Tonyh

• Tony get the shots in (after 7pm)
  • Legacy Fan
  • .............is the final piece of the jigsaw!
Re: Goodbye Aurelio
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2010, 02:14:22 pm »
Great player when fit, played the game the right way and clearly loves the game.  If he has gone then at least the "is he/isn't he fit" argument will not be said every week and we can strengthen our left side properly.
Let's also never forget the 39!

Offline the_prodigal_s0n

• Whats occurrin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2010, 02:36:35 pm »
If we're getting into it, I'd look very strongly to our manager for the Athens defeat (formation, lone Kuyt, no Bellamy, taking Masch off). And of course by taking a knock and having to go off, he is therefore completely and solely responsible for Riise's clusterfuck the following year as well. But no doubt you're convinced he'd have also kicked off some other chaos theory event to prevent us rattling the Mancs 5-0 in Moscow.
Aurelio's injury cost us a place in the final in 2008, as I think you have said yourself. Had he been fit there would have been no injury time own goal and no second leg nightmare from our left back. Likewise his injury did come at a bad time in 2007 too.

One issue I have is with you saying that Bellamy should have played a part in the final in 2007. It may have worked out in theory, but in practice I doubt he would have done anything in that final. He was in horrible form and barely scored again after the Barcelona match. None of his prior appearances before the final merited a place on the pitch, or even a substitute appearance. In the semi final against Chelsea he was woeful. Bringing Crouch on earlier may have helped us in the final, but Bellamy certainly wasn't the answer to our problems in that game.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2010, 02:59:10 pm »
Aurelio's injury cost us a place in the final in 2008, as I think you have said yourself. Had he been fit there would have been no injury time own goal and no second leg nightmare from our left back. Likewise his injury did come at a bad time in 2007 too.

One issue I have is with you saying that Bellamy should have played a part in the final in 2007. It may have worked out in theory, but in practice I doubt he would have done anything in that final. He was in horrible form and barely scored again after the Barcelona match. None of his prior appearances before the final merited a place on the pitch, or even a substitute appearance. In the semi final against Chelsea he was woeful. Bringing Crouch on earlier may have helped us in the final, but Bellamy certainly wasn't the answer to our problems in that game.
You can't blame one player's injury for another player's mistake, that's fucked up. An alehouse reserve goalie would have cleared that ball with his right foot.

As for Bellamy, I'll respectfully disagree, form or not, his pace alone against a defence older than Methuselah and slower than Kuyt, would have caused them problems and opened up chances for others. And yes likewise, giving Crouch more than a handful of minutes may have helped too. But let's not go there.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2010, 03:02:20 pm »
Pity about the injuries, he was obviously a really good talented and solid player. Exactly what we need now.

Personally, I think we are nailed on for Belhadj at Portsmouth. Rafa likes players that do well against us.

Aurelio had great quality, unfortunately he was more injured than fit.. i whish him good luck in future .. Belhadj would be great but i think more big clubs are interested in him...besides after world cup his prize might go up ...

Offline the_prodigal_s0n

• Whats occurrin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: May 12, 2010, 03:14:56 pm »
You can't blame one player's injury for another player's mistake, that's fucked up. An alehouse reserve goalie would have cleared that ball with his right foot.
Wasn't blaming the mistake on Aurelio's injury, merely saying that we almost certainly would have made the final had Aurelio been on the pitch (in my opinion). I don't know what would have happened in the final itself, obviously. But as soon as Riise came on I knew it was bad news and that something bad would probably happen. Any other player bar Riise would have not have made that mistake, and Aurelio is streets ahead of him in terms of quality. Assuming he does leave it will be a blow for the club.

Offline chanti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: May 12, 2010, 03:39:11 pm »
The better brazilian...

Will miss him if he goes..

Goodluck !!!

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #126 on: May 12, 2010, 07:08:28 pm »
Shame, but he couldn't be relied on anyway. Great player when fit but never played more than half a season.

Looks like we need a left back in the summer. I still believe Insua will be a great player one day but we've clearly pushed him too hard this season and he just isn't ready. He needs an experienced professional ahead of him in the squad to learn from and develop.

Oh and definately not Belhadj, Ive watched him and frankly if some people think Johnson can't defend they're in for a real shock with with him. He'd make a better left winger though if you're that way inclined
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: May 12, 2010, 07:49:12 pm »
Should offer him a one year deal if he ain't going to accept a pay as you play. I know it's propably not standard practice but do we have any other choice? We don't seem to have much money and for whatever reason I can see us snaring another Josemi rather than an Arbeloa.
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline kingluisgarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • Twitter@MattWood23
    • JustAnotherFootballBlog
« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2010, 10:04:10 pm »
Just read about this. Didn't realise.

Surely we can give him another year?

Worth having in the squad even if he doesn't play every week.

Offline Obviously

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2010, 10:42:53 pm »

Why?

He's been injured for for the whole season. And it's not like it one injury that has taken a lot of time, it's one injury after the other. I think he's a brilliant left back at his best, but he's injured way to much. Apparently we gave him a pay as you play contract, which he rejected.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2010, 10:43:53 pm »
It'll be a Shame to see him go. Excellent player when fit and very intelligent player.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2010, 10:47:21 pm »

Why?

Offline sheff-jim

• Legacy Fan
  • Schizophrenic?! I'm bleeding Quadrophenic
« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2010, 10:52:34 pm »
Sad to see him go. Looks like we need a new 1st choice left back as Insua just doesn't look up to it.

Our squad looks paper thin for the coming season.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2010, 11:27:13 pm »
whoa whoa whoa...its way to early to be saying that sheffjim!
"Salahs in here......"

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2010, 11:33:14 pm »
I'd much rather we found a more consistently available player, or another promising youngster to compete with Insua, than pay Aurelio decent money to play a handful of games. A good (not great) on his day, but ultimately those were too few and far between.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline incredibleL4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2010, 11:41:59 pm »
We are really tight on wages in the current situation so anyone who there is any doubt about will go.  In the past year we have sold Keane, Dossena and Voronin without replacing them.  Some might say that is an improvement, but it goes to show how tight the financial situation is.  Aurelio will free up some wages which might be uses to keep Mascherano or something like that.

Offline StuH

• Legacy Fan
  • Dalglish's marching army!
« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2010, 11:52:52 pm »
Great shame.

Rolls Royce of a footballer.  Sadly one which had to go in the garage every two weeks.
He's a manipulative bastard. Another deliberate attempt to put pressure on people in the game, which he thinks he'll get away with because of his "standing" in the game and his fucking knighthood.

Offline billypilgrimnz

• troll stuck under a bridge in Stoke.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2010, 11:54:16 pm »
Was a decent player, but injured too much and so probably a waste of money (in terms of wages) in the end. A pity.

Offline Obviously

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2010, 12:00:26 am »
Was a decent player, but injured too much and so probably a waste of money (in terms of wages) in the end. A pity.

After the free kick against the mancs he can never be a waste!

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2010, 12:11:03 am »
After the free kick against the mancs he can never be a waste!
numerous brilliant performances, that free kick against chelsea was just as good if not better! held his own against Cristiano Ronaldo on many occasions
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline balticred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2010, 12:28:27 am »
A very good player but we just couldn't get him on the pitch enough unfortunately

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2010, 12:30:05 am »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline CANADAlglish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2010, 01:04:40 am »
AM I the only one here that see these constant injruies as maybe an issue with the training / physio staff?

. . . Wasnt it Zenden that ran his mouth with complaints about it?

Hope we keep the lad.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2010, 01:10:36 am »
AM I the only one here that see these constant injruies as maybe an issue with the training / physio staff?

. . . Wasnt it Zenden that ran his mouth with complaints about it?

Hope we keep the lad.

Definitely needs to be looked at hence the new club doctor. In Fabio's case though, he has always been injury prone, we knew the deal when he came, theres not much chance we wouldve got quality like him for free
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2010, 05:53:17 am »
Its a pity he might not stay on a pay-as-you-play contract. Can totally understand him going elsewhere for the security of a regular pay-packet, but will be gutted to see him go.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2010, 06:07:13 am »

Our squad looks paper thin for the coming season.

Let's see what happens in the next 3 months before we start making statements like that.

Anyway, Hicks promised us a 'big summer', remember?

Offline jammy dodger

• going to make your vagina cry
  • Legacy Fan
  • pass and move.
« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2010, 06:19:16 am »
in a way, being injury prone may have been a boon for his career financially. All these clubs let him go on a free at the end of his contract and he gets fat signing on bonuses. nice one, fabio! Anyway, good player, was always happy to see him playing, but, as we have all said, the man is made of glass and can't be relied on -- through no fault of his own effort. So if he leaves, thanks, man. you are a very good player and bring things to this team that nobody else does. Handsome fella, too, but I see that to be a detriment to a football player
"Anything can happen. Danny Ings can happen" - Ellie Goulding

Offline Johnathan

• definitely a real fan...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2010, 06:21:57 am »
Sad to see him go, even if it makes perfect sense. If not for his fitness, he would be considered one of the five best left backs in the world, easily.
See him touch Pepe's cock with his mouth :D

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
« Reply #148 on: May 21, 2010, 06:24:48 am »
in a way, being injury prone may have been a boon for his career financially.

Except that if he hadn't had all those injuries he could well have made plenty more appearances for Brazil, Valencia and Liverpool and upped his wages (not to mention appearance fees and sponsorships) accordingly without needing to resort to signing on fees. You can bet which alternative he'd have preferred.

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
  • Once more unto the breach, dear friends.
« Reply #149 on: May 21, 2010, 08:53:39 am »
in a way, being injury prone may have been a boon for his career financially. All these clubs let him go on a free at the end of his contract and he gets fat signing on bonuses. nice one, fabio! Anyway, good player, was always happy to see him playing, but, as we have all said, the man is made of glass and can't be relied on -- through no fault of his own effort. So if he leaves, thanks, man. you are a very good player and bring things to this team that nobody else does. Handsome fella, too, but I see that to be a detriment to a football player

If he hadn't been injured he could've realised his international ambitions, commanded higher wages, possibly got decent sponsorship which again would've equated to more money so that, compared to one signing on fee (he's only really signed on from Valencia to us as I think they may have bought him) doesn't really match up.

I always said it was a shame he was constantly injured. He's so composed and technically good when fit. A long run of fitness might well have seen him considered one of the best in his position.

Is indeed a handsome fella, too. Will miss him. The last drop of eye candy we had, to me.
Blank.

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
  • Once more unto the breach, dear friends.
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2010, 08:55:10 am »
Aurelio will free up some wages which might be uses to keep Mascherano or something like that.

Degen's on pretty decent wages, as far as I know...
Blank.

Offline kingluisgarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • Twitter@MattWood23
    • JustAnotherFootballBlog
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2010, 07:00:52 pm »
Why?
Because even if he can only play 15-20 games next season he's probably the most technically gifted player we've got and would come in more than handy when available.

Clearly we've struggled at LB with his absence this season. With the lack of cash we have why not keep hold of him? Beats buying another left-back.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2010, 07:01:23 pm »
Can anyone point me to a article that says he is leaving?

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2010, 07:34:56 pm »
Because even if he can only play 15-20 games next season he's probably the most technically gifted player we've got and would come in more than handy when available.

Clearly we've struggled at LB with his absence this season. With the lack of cash we have why not keep hold of him? Beats buying another left-back.
Stop talking sense mate. It's falling on deaf ears. You'd think he was being donated to medical science the way some go on here. Make no mistake, we'll miss him next season the way we missed Sami last season.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2010, 07:41:43 pm »
Stop talking sense mate. It's falling on deaf ears. You'd think he was being donated to medical science the way some go on here. Make no mistake, we'll miss him next season the way we missed Sami last season.

Only if Insua and our replacement left back crack heads on the opening day of the season.

It's common sense mate, we haven't got a penny to scratch our arse with and Aurelio is a problem.  Not because he's bad, but because he's good and injured, which leaves us really exposed with a green-horn left back replacing him all the time.
Ideally, yeah, we'd keep him.
Realistically, we need his wages to use towards another player.

Offline jhaines

• Kemlynite
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2010, 07:41:58 pm »
He hasn't signed with anyone yet that I know of. He's taking the summer off to play some footy with the kids in his garden...

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2010, 07:42:33 pm »
Can anyone point me to a article that says he is leaving?

It's more the lack of articles that make people think he's leaving, if he wasn't we'd no doubt have seen mention of a new contract by now.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2010, 07:43:54 pm »
It's more the lack of articles that make people think he's leaving, if he wasn't we'd no doubt have seen mention of a new contract by now.

So a lack of articles now means someone is leaving.... interesting.

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2010, 07:47:14 pm »
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2010, 07:49:24 pm »
I don't have a link but Rafa has said that he offered Aurelio a contract but he rejected it apparently because Rafa wanted to offer a pay as you play deal rather than a "normal" contract.

I mean that's pretty much the OP.

*shrugs

I'll wait for it to posted on .tv before I say my goodbyes