Author Topic: Harry Kewell  (Read 90975 times)

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Harry Kewell Signs For Galatasaray
« Reply #120 on: July 5, 2008, 02:04:28 pm »
Beoing interviewed on Sky Sports News now. The presenter said to him:

"Your memories of getting sent off against Galatasaraay probably aren't so great, and your recent memories of Isatanbul not so great."

Winning the European Cup isn't so great??

Probably wasn't given he contributed nothing towards our success that night and was booed off by his own fans when he limped off injured.

Players like Pongolle and Neil Mellor are more deserving of his European Cup winner's medal.

Offline LFCsnoopz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: July 5, 2008, 02:14:55 pm »
byebye

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #122 on: July 5, 2008, 02:31:02 pm »
Sad to see him go because of what could have been.  But he has to go because he is never going to get in the side again.....

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: July 5, 2008, 02:35:01 pm »
Probably wasn't given he contributed nothing towards our success that night and was booed off by his own fans when he limped off injured.

Players like Pongolle and Neil Mellor are more deserving of his European Cup winner's medal.

Had he not taken down Hyypia's raking pass, gone past the full-back and pulled it back for Pongolle just after half-time against Olympiakos... who knows, eh?

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #124 on: July 5, 2008, 02:42:02 pm »

Played a part in getting us there, thus played a part in us winning it, so I refuse to accept he didn't deserve his medal.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: July 5, 2008, 03:40:50 pm »
Had he not taken down Hyypia's raking pass, gone past the full-back and pulled it back for Pongolle just after half-time against Olympiakos... who knows, eh?

Played a part in getting us there, thus played a part in us winning it, so I refuse to accept he didn't deserve his medal.

Yeah fair enough, he played a part. Just a less significant one than most people in our squad. He deserved to be on that podium ahead of Diao though  ;D

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #126 on: July 5, 2008, 04:12:12 pm »
Kewell played his part. Glad he's gone but he played a few games last season. Watched our season review DVD and was shocked by how much Kewell was shown
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #127 on: July 5, 2008, 04:18:28 pm »
Redeyes9 on OTK makes a good point that sums up my feelings up on this.

http://onthekop.com/forum/index.php/topic,9884.0.html

Quote from: redeyes9 on July 04, 2008, 12:29:06 AM
This just goes to show how little regard a modern day "footballer" has for the feeling of the fans who have put them where they are today, I'm sure the widows and families of the two men stabbed in Istanbul when Kewell was a Leeds player will be thrilled to hear that he has signed for Galatasaray... the man  has gone even further down in my estimations than he already was.

I hate Leeds but this just doesn't sit well with me, if I was him I don't think I could play for those fans after what they did that night to somebody who had come to support me.Kewell hang your head in shame!! and take the blood money.
« Last Edit: July 5, 2008, 04:58:28 pm by Alf »

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #128 on: July 5, 2008, 06:40:01 pm »
Would have been nice of him to thank us at during his press conference, if only for the medical side of things.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline sull14

• Legacy Fan
  • Random Avatar Title.
« Reply #129 on: July 5, 2008, 07:16:12 pm »
Redeyes9 on OTK makes a good point that sums up my feelings up on this.

http://onthekop.com/forum/index.php/topic,9884.0.html

Quote from: redeyes9 on July 04, 2008, 12:29:06 AM
This just goes to show how little regard a modern day "footballer" has for the feeling of the fans who have put them where they are today, I'm sure the widows and families of the two men stabbed in Istanbul when Kewell was a Leeds player will be thrilled to hear that he has signed for Galatasaray... the man  has gone even further down in my estimations than he already was.

I hate Leeds but this just doesn't sit well with me, if I was him I don't think I could play for those fans after what they did that night to somebody who had come to support me.Kewell hang your head in shame!! and take the blood money.

spot on. the fact that he didnt even thank us in his press conference, shows how greedy he is. as if he grew up 'dreaming' of winning a turkish title. He'd sell sheree in the morning.
JFT96

Offline Squidge

• Is it on Sky?...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: July 5, 2008, 07:23:20 pm »
Shocking shocking news

I know its not really for him to make a stand against what happened to the leeds fans but fuck me could he show anymore distain for his old club

fuck em over with his transfer and then move to the worst club he could.

I feel very sorry for Leeds fans right now and this just shows why Harry did shit for us.

He has no morals, commitment, standards or regard for anything beyond his pay cheque.

Poor poor show from Harry
Monkey monkey do

Offline Crazynumber9

• Legacy Fan
  • Be afraid!
« Reply #131 on: July 5, 2008, 09:17:59 pm »
Kewell is  just looking for the biggest paycheck he could get, he has no sense of loyalty and really I'm ecstatic that he has finally left
Proudly an internet terrorist since 2010!

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #132 on: July 5, 2008, 11:00:33 pm »
Kewell i did like him but hes a prick.
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Once a knob always a knob
« Reply #133 on: July 5, 2008, 11:11:28 pm »
Am not a admirer of Leeds but frankly I dont think Harry has thought this one through  :-X

He [and his wife as well lets face it  :P] has never struck me as being especially bright however...

For us though, think he had had enough chances, think this season was when his injuries really impacted permanently on his displays when he was fit to play. In the past we have been able to coax the odd run of decent performances out of him between operations, but think last year was the end of the road for him

Never the same after he ripped his groin and ankle ligaments in his first season, shame really, there was a top class wide man in there at one time, guess it's another case of the on pitch 'shit happens and generally to us' scenario that has dogged us domestically since 1990  :(

Offline paulcompton

• Doesn't trust Rafa
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: July 6, 2008, 09:21:03 am »
would it really surprise anyone i mean i thought we offered him another contract and he turned it down

No he was not offered anything.

Offline StuH

• Legacy Fan
  • Dalglish's marching army!
« Reply #135 on: July 6, 2008, 09:53:42 am »
No he was not offered anything.

I'd like to know where all this "he turned down a new contract offer from us" nonsense has come from.  Was it just made up to add more fuel to the 'Hatred for Kewell' fire? I can understand people questioning this move to Gala.  But maybe he had no other offers?
He's a manipulative bastard. Another deliberate attempt to put pressure on people in the game, which he thinks he'll get away with because of his "standing" in the game and his fucking knighthood.

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are the best GALATASARAY
    • Galatasaray's Best Web  Forum
« Reply #136 on: July 7, 2008, 07:39:10 pm »
Good luck Harry.

Now where on earth do I find myself a Galatasaray shirt...

www.gsstore.org

http://www.gsstore.org/images/sag/19kewell.gif

Personally I like the home jersey better though...

http://www.gsstore.org/images/Urun/b1931-1.jpg

Now let me clarify a couple things about Kewell here...

First of all, he signed for 2 years not 3. Of course we will wanna keep him longer if we see that he is over this injury plague.

Second, he is going to make 1.8 M Euros not 3 M. So we are not overpaying him like you guys did for many years.

He choose Gala over Roma because he is going to get paid better and Gala worked really hard for his signature. Roma tried to offer as much as we did at the last minute and his manager wanted to go for it but Kewell did promise to us and kept his promise showing his quality personality.

I think he is going to do awesome for us and Benitez would be sad to see that but he has his Spaniards so I guess he will be fine :).

Gala is extremely ambitious even though you guys think otherwise. We have a quality squad including Euro 2008 stars Arda the wonderkid, Sabri and Servet. We also have stars like Tobias Linderoth and Cassio Lincoln and a bunch of young players that have the thirst for glory.

I think we have one of the strongest midfields in whole Europe and Kewell will surely contribute to that. And we are gonna make at least two more transfers so it would be fun to watch Gala this year like it was to watch Turkey @ Euro 2008.

Hope we will be in the same group with you guys in CL this year. Almost all Gala fans support Liverpool in England and we will love to see you guys in Istanbul.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." GG

Offline redman1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Biggedy biggedy bong so it is
« Reply #137 on: July 7, 2008, 08:21:01 pm »
www.gsstore.org

http://www.gsstore.org/images/sag/19kewell.gif

Personally I like the home jersey better though...

http://www.gsstore.org/images/Urun/b1931-1.jpg

Now let me clarify a couple things about Kewell here...

First of all, he signed for 2 years not 3. Of course we will wanna keep him longer if we see that he is over this injury plague.

Second, he is going to make 1.8 M Euros not 3 M. So we are not overpaying him like you guys did for many years.

He choose Gala over Roma because he is going to get paid better and Gala worked really hard for his signature. Roma tried to offer as much as we did at the last minute and his manager wanted to go for it but Kewell did promise to us and kept his promise showing his quality personality.

I think he is going to do awesome for us and Benitez would be sad to see that but he has his Spaniards so I guess he will be fine :).

Gala is extremely ambitious even though you guys think otherwise. We have a quality squad including Euro 2008 stars Arda the wonderkid, Sabri and Servet. We also have stars like Tobias Linderoth and Cassio Lincoln and a bunch of young players that have the thirst for glory.

I think we have one of the strongest midfields in whole Europe and Kewell will surely contribute to that. And we are gonna make at least two more transfers so it would be fun to watch Gala this year like it was to watch Turkey @ Euro 2008.

Hope we will be in the same group with you guys in CL this year. Almost all Gala fans support Liverpool in England and we will love to see you guys in Istanbul.

Good Luck   :-X
The greatest night of my life so far

25/05/2005 Attaturk Stadium, Istanbul

North Tribune    Block 306   Row 13   Seat  343

Offline redman1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Biggedy biggedy bong so it is
« Reply #138 on: July 7, 2008, 08:35:20 pm »
The easiest way to sum up Harry is to say, if he had been a racehorse, he would have been shot years ago.

My abiding memory of Kewell will always be of the empty promises he made to Rafa and the rest of the Liverpool staff after the lengthy spell out last season.
" My aim now is to win a new contract with Liverpool and repay the manager and the staff at Liverpool for keeping faith in me"
  Soon after we Had Man united at home in the league, and Kewell was starting. Sat in the ground i was anticipating a revitalised Harry Kewell taking the game to Uniteds defence, a man desperate to earn himself a new deal, and to repay the managers and a lot of fans faith in him.
  What i witnessed that day, was a half-arsed attitude , a player caught in possesion more times than i care to remember including getting dispossessed in their half needlessly which eventually from a corner resulted in their winner.
  From that day ive never had any sympathy with the bloke, all that supported Liverpool since childhood guff was laid out for all to see. 
  And when i look out onto the pitch now and see players like Skrtel, Mascherano, Gerrard, Carragher and Torres. It brings it home even clearer.
  Kewell is a sign of the past, that i for one am glad we are leaving behing.

Id say Good luck.................  but i wouldnt mean it
« Last Edit: July 7, 2008, 08:38:20 pm by redman1977 »
The greatest night of my life so far

25/05/2005 Attaturk Stadium, Istanbul

North Tribune    Block 306   Row 13   Seat  343

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: July 7, 2008, 08:46:50 pm »
It is obvious he has no respect for the 2 Leeds fans killed by Gala fans when Leeds played them a few years back. And a one Mr Kewell played in the that team !
I wonder what the Leeds fans think of the move ?
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are the best GALATASARAY
    • Galatasaray's Best Web  Forum
« Reply #140 on: July 7, 2008, 09:01:01 pm »
It is obvious he has no respect for the 2 Leeds fans killed by Gala fans when Leeds played them a few years back. And a one Mr Kewell played in the that team !

The murders of those fans have nothing to do with Galatasaray or Galatasaray fans so it should have nothing to do with Kewell. Those people were murdered by a couple freaks because they acted in a way that is not acceptable in Turkey. Its like going to a Texan's property with an Usame Bin Laden banner and yelling America sucks! Still it was a terrible, terrible thing but murderers are murderers and they are everywhere.

Here is what Kewell thinks about the whole ordeal:
-------
 "My love and respect for Leeds United FC and what the club has done for me will never change, no matter what anyone says about me and whatever their motives are. My sense of sorrow and sympathy for the families and friends of Christopher Loftus and Kevin Speight will always be with me.

"I chose the No.19 shirt when I signed for Galatasaray as a sign of respect for Leeds because that was the number I got when I first became a regular member of the Leeds United FC starting XI. I felt that it might be a way to demonstrate that I had not forgotten where it all started and I was hoping that in a small way it would help the healing process of the tragedy that occurred on the 5th of April 2000.

"For me, sport should first and foremost be about the love of your game. But equally important is the respect for not only your team-mates but all those who you compete against. For this reason I have always objected to any form of discrimination in any sport and football in particular, as that is the sport that is the most near and dear to me.

"To blame the Galatasaray club for the tragedy in Istanbul is simply wrong and discriminatory. This is a club founded in 1905 that has a proud history of striving for sporting excellence and it should be given the same respect as any other football club.

"I respect everyone's right to have their own opinion on whatever they like, but that does not make their opinion right. No one has to agree with my views or my choices, but I think it's only fair and reasonable to allow me and my family to enjoy the same democratic rights as expected by those that have been attacking me over the last few days."
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." GG

Offline Simon-1973

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #141 on: July 7, 2008, 09:08:45 pm »
Glad to get him off the wage bill. Bye bye Harry  :wave
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: July 7, 2008, 09:17:15 pm »
The murders of those fans have nothing to do with Galatasaray or Galatasaray fans so it should have nothing to do with Kewell. Those people were murdered by a couple freaks because they acted in a way that is not acceptable in Turkey. Its like going to a Texan's property with an Usame Bin Laden banner and yelling America sucks! Still it was a terrible, terrible thing but murderers are murderers and they are everywhere.

-------
 "My love and respect for Leeds United FC and what the club has done for me will never change, no matter what anyone says about me and whatever their motives are. My sense of sorrow and sympathy for the families and friends of Christopher Loftus and Kevin Speight will always be with me.

"I chose the No.19 shirt when I signed for Galatasaray as a sign of respect for Leeds because that was the number I got when I first became a regular member of the Leeds United FC starting XI. I felt that it might be a way to demonstrate that I had not forgotten where it all started and I was hoping that in a small way it would help the healing process of the tragedy that occurred on the 5th of April 2000.

"For me, sport should first and foremost be about the love of your game. But equally important is the respect for not only your team-mates but all those who you compete against. For this reason I have always objected to any form of discrimination in any sport and football in particular, as that is the sport that is the most near and dear to me.

"To blame the Galatasaray club for the tragedy in Istanbul is simply wrong and discriminatory. This is a club founded in 1905 that has a proud history of striving for sporting excellence and it should be given the same respect as any other football club.

"I respect everyone's right to have their own opinion on whatever they like, but that does not make their opinion right. No one has to agree with my views or my choices, but I think it's only fair and reasonable to allow me and my family to enjoy the same democratic rights as expected by those that have been attacking me over the last few days."
Still a disgrace fans or not
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #143 on: July 8, 2008, 12:05:26 am »
I'd like to know where all this "he turned down a new contract offer from us" nonsense has come from. 

Benitez after Kewell knocked back a( probable 1 year) deal.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: July 8, 2008, 12:28:25 am »
The open  letter to Leeds United fans just sums this mercenary man up , what a horrible c*nt he is .

Offline Godmadebloodred

• Legacy Fan
  • The Beanitezls
« Reply #145 on: July 8, 2008, 12:50:23 am »
What about Gallipolli??!?

Has he forgotten about that as well!

A wank job gone all wrong.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #146 on: July 8, 2008, 01:34:40 am »
The murders of those fans have nothing to do with Galatasaray or Galatasaray fans so it should have nothing to do with Kewell. Those people were murdered by a couple freaks because they acted in a way that is not acceptable in Turkey.  days."

thats funny i thought they where innocent fans caught up in an attack
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
« Reply #147 on: July 8, 2008, 08:06:03 am »
What about Gallipolli??!?

Has he forgotten about that as well!

:lmao  Funny and more appropriate than all the divs going off on one about him signing for Galatasaray.  WTF's wrong with that?  Did the Galatasaray club or players kill the Leeds fans?  Are Galatasaray representative of the fans who murdered the Leeds fans?  More to the point, whatever you think of Kewell, didn't these Leeds fans bring it on themselves?  How many arrests were there when we took 40,000 fans to Istanbul in 2005?  Not a single one, and why?  Because we went with respect for Turkey, Turkish people and the Muslim religion whereas the Leeds fans went to spit on the Turkish flag and show aggression and contempt for the Turkish people and religion. 

We may not like Kewell for his weak lemon drink Liverpool "career" but to condemn him for signing for a club who've done nothing bad to him or his family is a bit low. 
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: July 8, 2008, 09:41:26 am »
I dont see why it is really that big a deal. Galatasaray football club did not kill those Leeds fans who were, as far as i understand, not exactly whiter than white themselves. I'm not saying they deserved to be killed but if they really were looking for trouble then they certainly found it.

Kewell is a professional and has every right to do whatever it takes to further his career. I know i'm pushing it here a bit but if we signed a player from Juventus do you all really think that they would be in uproar about it? No because the player is a professional, Juventus football club are professionals and so are we.

Offline campioni1984

• Fancies Paul Ince
  • Legacy Fan
  • 15 April 1989 YNWA
« Reply #149 on: July 8, 2008, 08:06:28 pm »
Greedy c*nt should write a letter to us,apologising for the last 4 years.Arrogant twat.
THE REDS ARE COMING UP THE HILL BOYS

Offline Wait for it!!!

• Unimaginative pisshead!!! +!!
  • Kopite
  • hat, cap, scarf or your banner??
« Reply #150 on: July 8, 2008, 08:37:03 pm »
:lmao  Funny and more appropriate than all the divs going off on one about him signing for Galatasaray.  WTF's wrong with that?  Did the Galatasaray club or players kill the Leeds fans?  Are Galatasaray representative of the fans who murdered the Leeds fans?  More to the point, whatever you think of Kewell, didn't these Leeds fans bring it on themselves?  How many arrests were there when we took 40,000 fans to Istanbul in 2005?  Not a single one, and why?  Because we went with respect for Turkey, Turkish people and the Muslim religion whereas the Leeds fans went to spit on the Turkish flag and show aggression and contempt for the Turkish people and religion. 

We may not like Kewell for his weak lemon drink Liverpool "career" but to condemn him for signing for a club who've done nothing bad to him or his family is a bit low. 

So you knew the 2 Leeds fans who were murdered did you?

No I didn't think so.

Yet another crass uncaring statement about people killed in cold blood.
Keegan to Smith to Keegan and Newcastle were undressed!!!!!
Wembley Stadium May 1974 - as a 12 year old flared, stack shoed Alsop Comp LFC diehard. The joy!!

Offline Wait for it!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #151 on: July 8, 2008, 08:38:27 pm »
I dont see why it is really that big a deal. Galatasaray football club did not kill those Leeds fans who were, as far as i understand, not exactly whiter than white themselves. I'm not saying they deserved to be killed but if they really were looking for trouble then they certainly found it.

Kewell is a professional and has every right to do whatever it takes to further his career. I know i'm pushing it here a bit but if we signed a player from Juventus do you all really think that they would be in uproar about it? No because the player is a professional, Juventus football club are professionals and so are we.

Oh look another ridiculous statement about fans who were murdered, I'm so glad we have so many caring fans who aren't judgemental!!!!
Wembley Stadium May 1974 - as a 12 year old flared, stack shoed Alsop Comp LFC diehard. The joy!!

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: July 8, 2008, 08:50:56 pm »

No I didn't think so.

What were they like?  Do you still shed tears over your good friends?  No, like you, I didn't know them but I did get to know and speak to loads of Turks in Istanbul who were very keen to tell us how different we were to the Leeds and Man Utd scum who'd proceeded us.  Also, the manager of our hotel refused to let us pay for our room as he was delighted by our behaviour and the benefits Liverpool fans had brought to the city.  In contrast, he told me how Leeds fans had wrecked their room, kicking doors and windows out,  pissing in the beds and shitting on the carpet before trying to do a runner.   
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Offline Wait for it!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #153 on: July 8, 2008, 09:03:42 pm »
What were they like?  Do you still shed tears over your good friends?  No, like you, I didn't know them but I did get to know and speak to loads of Turks in Istanbul who were very keen to tell us how different we were to the Leeds and Man Utd scum who'd proceeded us.  Also, the manager of our hotel refused to let us pay for our room as he was delighted by our behaviour and the benefits Liverpool fans had brought to the city.  In contrast, he told me how Leeds fans had wrecked their room, kicking doors and windows out,  pissing in the beds and shitting on the carpet before trying to do a runner.  

I can't believe I am reading this!

you have the exact same attitude that a certain newspaper had after Hillsborough, ie it was their own fault, they deserved it etc etc

Short memory or what!!!!

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: July 8, 2008, 09:10:54 pm »

-------

Well said Harry, though many will ignore it and keep up the blinkered approach

Offline coffeehead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: July 8, 2008, 09:12:32 pm »

No I didn't think so.

That's not the point; the point is that Galatasaray didn't kill anyone. Some fucking dickhead murderers did.

This approach is really building a rod for your own back because one day some fan of some club may be killed in Liverpool; will you start blaming the club for that?

Offline coffeehead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: July 8, 2008, 09:12:54 pm »
Or maybe he just sees what the rest of the world sees; namely Galatasary didn't kill any Leeds fans.

I'm finding this weird logic very hard to understand.

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: July 8, 2008, 09:13:47 pm »

you have the exact same attitude that a certain newspaper had after Hillsborough, ie it was their own fault, they deserved it etc etc

Short memory or what!!!!

Pathetic.  And what are you trying to do?  Claim them as innocent angels?  Even Leeds fans accept their behaviour was appalling and the Turks will give you back ten times what you give them in their own country.  We got only good stuff because that's what we gave them.  Your have the exact same attitude the papers have in their hatred of the Turks and would lead to a perpetuation of the myth they are vermin when most people on here have seen the exact opposite. 

Offline coffeehead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: July 8, 2008, 09:15:25 pm »

Short memory or what!!!!
Woah there; he's repeating what a manager of a hotel told him and nowhere has he said 'they deserved to be killed'. Are you not prepared to be scrupulously accurate on accusations of this seriousness?

Offline StuH

• Legacy Fan
  • Dalglish's marching army!
« Reply #159 on: July 8, 2008, 09:19:44 pm »
Benitez after Kewell knocked back a( probable 1 year) deal.

And have you got a link to back that up with?
He's a manipulative bastard. Another deliberate attempt to put pressure on people in the game, which he thinks he'll get away with because of his "standing" in the game and his fucking knighthood.