Author Topic: Anthony Le Tallec  (Read 125050 times)

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Anthony Le Tallec
« on: May 29, 2003, 09:31:01 am »
Young French starlet Anthony Le Tallec has revealed that his move to Anfield this summer is a 'dream come true'.

The 18-year-old is expected to join the Reds alongside his compatriot Florent Sinama Pongolle in the near future after current club Le Havre failed to avoid relegation from the French top-flight. Le Tallec admits that he is eagerly anticipating the move.

Le Tallec said: "Of course we are both excited about moving to Liverpool. To play in England where the atmosphere at the matches is incredible, is a dream come true. I feel like there are some exciting times ahead."

Both players rose to stardom after their electrifying displays for France in the Under-17 World Cup. Liverpool were just one of many suitors for both talents, but the player's coach at Le Havre believes a move to the Reds was the best choice they could make.

Le Havre coach Jean-Francois Domergue said: "After the FIFA Under-17 World Championships I received 12 offers for them. However I would not have been happy letting them go to any club.

"Liverpool are a magnificent club where I know they will be well looked after and where they will be able to continue their development.

"Gerard phones all the time to check I am not playing them too much but he does not need to worry. I realise they are both 18 and still developing, so despite our precarious position I did not start them in every game."  

What do you expect from these players when they arrive? Do you think they will be knocking on the 1st team door, or play a year in the reserves ala Baros.

I'm hopng they are giving the time to settle and that the exectance is not too high. I hear they are supposed to be the next big things, just hope that doesn't weigh them down.

Offline AndyJ

• If it wasn't for RAWK I'd jack in work
  • Legacy Fan
Re:Le Tallec eager for Anfield chance
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2003, 09:52:08 am »
Heard this morning that they might be loaned out to Auxerre for a year to help secure the Cisse deal, help soften the blow to Auxerre and give the two lads more valuable experience in the first team.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2003, 10:10:18 am »
They may yet stay with Le Havre if they stay up or even be loaned out to Auxerre (though I doubt it).

If they do come I expect about 10 appearances in the 2nd half of the season and for them to achieve very little. It's not fair to heap such expectation on them at such an early stage when they will spend most of the first season learning the language and adjusting to the lifestlye. Not to mention they are just 18.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

hoonin

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2003, 11:03:33 am »
Heard this morning that they might be loaned out to Auxerre for a year to help secure the Cisse deal, help soften the blow to Auxerre and give the two lads more valuable experience in the first team.

Now that would be a good piece of business for us, but whats really in it for Guy Roux? He'd be losing one of his best players and baby sitting two others that he has no chance of holding onto.

Offline AndyJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2003, 11:10:09 am »
Guz-Kop, Le Harve have already been relegated and Houllier has stated his intend on the French Lads getting top flight experience in a league, whether it be England or France.

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2003, 11:11:25 am »
Monaco have been relegated though haven't they? So that means Le Havre will stay up?

If so I imagine they'll stay there until January.
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2003, 11:25:22 am »
Monaco have been relegated though haven't they? So that means Le Havre will stay up?

If so I imagine they'll stay there until January.

Le Havre went down, think it was this weekend.

The Auxerre deal does sound like a good pice of buisiness, maybe he could throw Cheyrou into it as well :P

Seriously, I agree with Gareth though, what would Guy Roux benefit from it? (Although having two starlets and the money is better than having just the money, so I have just contradicted myself  ::) )
« Last Edit: May 29, 2003, 11:26:21 am by Walshy-Koppite »

hoonin

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2003, 11:27:22 am »
Monaco may be relegated over financial problems, they're massively in debt. Seems a bit harsh, taking away their primary reveue stream (i.e CL).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/2944882.stm

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2003, 11:48:21 am »
As a result, should the monaco relegation stand, then Le Harve will stay in the top flight, according to the official site.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline AndyJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2003, 11:48:42 am »
I don't think that Houllier is going to try and knock some of the value off Cisse by loaning them the french lads, but in a way getting two young stars for a season while they look for a replacement would perhaps persuade Roux that it won't be such a huge loss.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2003, 11:50:22 am »
Yes - I mean in reference to Monaco going down. I THINK that may mean Le Havre stay in the top division. They have 6 days to appeal IIRC.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2003, 12:14:28 pm »
I'm sure that'll get overturned... surely there's someone in the millionaires playground who will step in to save them. I'm sure they had contingency plans. It seems VERY harsh to me. By that criteria Real should be suspended from European cometition until they get their house in order.
Bill Shankly

77 78 81 84 05 19

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2003, 12:15:04 pm »
But something tells me Real have different rules to the rest of us...

::)
Bill Shankly

77 78 81 84 05 19

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2003, 12:18:30 pm »
But something tells me Real have different rules to the rest of us...

::)

They get bankrolled by the Madrid council and the King Of Spain.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Roddysul

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2003, 01:07:39 pm »
A big price to pay for Monaco, that.  Could say it was a Monaco grand prix    ;D

Offline Hugh

• Zit, just to the right of his nose, below the lip.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Man of the People
    • Hugh O'Connell
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2003, 01:35:23 pm »
Monaco Grand Fuck Up.

Offline lfcdave

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2003, 01:37:28 pm »
From LiverpoolFC.tv

French club Le Harve have received an amazing reprieve, with the news they will not be relegated from the French First Division, despite finishing the season in the drop zone.

Future Liverpool stars Anthony le Tallec, Florent Sinama Pongolle and Alou Diarra are all currently at the club, who now look set to enjoy a second campaign in the top flight.

Runners-up and seven-time champions Monaco, will instead be relegated to the Second Division, due to financial problems and reported debts of Ł57m. They will however appeal against the decision and can escape the drop if they are able secure investors to take on the debt.

The news will alert Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier, who had hinted that he may leave the promising duo of le Tallec and Pongolle at Le Harve for a further season, should they avoid the drop.

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2003, 02:50:26 pm »
From LiverpoolFC.tv

French club Le Harve have received an amazing reprieve, with the news they will not be relegated from the French First Division, despite finishing the season in the drop zone.

Future Liverpool stars Anthony le Tallec, Florent Sinama Pongolle and Alou Diarra are all currently at the club, who now look set to enjoy a second campaign in the top flight.

Runners-up and seven-time champions Monaco, will instead be relegated to the Second Division, due to financial problems and reported debts of Ł57m. They will however appeal against the decision and can escape the drop if they are able secure investors to take on the debt.

The news will alert Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier, who had hinted that he may leave the promising duo of le Tallec and Pongolle at Le Harve for a further season, should they avoid the drop.

SHIT !! :o

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2003, 10:05:48 pm »
Leeds should be playing QPR next season then.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline Jonny_H

• aliday
  • Kopite
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2003, 10:51:25 pm »
they werent far of it anyway
There are only two teams in liverpool, liverpool and liverpool reserves.

Offline Jason_King

• Legacy Fan
  • Inspector of Wizard's sleeves and yawning donkeys
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2003, 09:26:57 am »
Think loaning the 2 young french starlets to Auxerre to soften the blow for them losing Cisse would be a good bit of business.

Im amazed that Monaco were relegated for a pifling 57M, there could have  been half a dozen english clubs suffered the same fate this year.
A champion is someone who gets up when he can't

Offline KFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again.
Le Tallec
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2003, 07:09:08 am »
Anyone saw the highlight of the Crewe game?  I watched it and I found that Le Tallec played extremely well in the game.  His passing accuracy and ball control is superb, and his composure is unreal for a 18-year-old.  Not meaning to be offensive to Bruno, but if GH said Cheyrou is our new Zidane then I must say Le Tallec looked even closer to Zidane and he is six year younger.

He needs more games and time to do it consistently in order to convince me, however if you ask me now, he should be ahead of Cheyrou and Smicer in the pecking order at the moment.

Very encouraging.
We won it 6 times

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re:Le Tallec
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2003, 08:00:31 am »
Yup.  Impressive, albeit against a 1st/2nd Div team in a friendly.   A little early to say he'd be above Cheyrou and Simcer though.  Must see play him more in the pre-season first.  I'm sure GH would monitor him and the other kid closely and would avoid playing them too much too soon, taking in account of their age and that they are new to the country and the English game.

By the way, see u on Sunday!  I'm on block 106!  ;D ;D

Offline KFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again.
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2003, 11:26:38 am »
Sunday  ;D

Haven't got the tickets yet -- my friend's got it and I will get it tomorrow....
We won it 6 times

Offline KFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again.
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2003, 11:28:11 am »
And believe it or not -- I was sitting in the same stadium when they last visited (1983) and Thommo was playing then  ;)

They should come here more often....
We won it 6 times

Offline Olly

• Sees greatness from his sofa
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2003, 11:39:52 am »
From all accounts an impressive performance, but can't see GH throwing him in at the deep end. Can't really see him even making the bench for a few months yet.
If you keep one eye on the past, you are blind in one eye. Yet if you forget the past, you are blind in both.

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2003, 12:26:05 pm »
They should come here more often....

no probs about that!   8)

Offline RedLars

• Kemlynite
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2003, 03:38:38 pm »
From all accounts an impressive performance, but can't see GH throwing him in at the deep end. Can't really see him even making the bench for a few months yet.

Agree. Baros needed 6 months to get into the first team, wouldnt surprise me if the two french lads need the same time. Maybe the odd cup match.

Offline Jason_King

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2003, 04:51:49 pm »
If theyre young enough they're good enough.....

or summat  ;)

Offline philmcevatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2003, 05:11:21 pm »
Working so i couldnt get to the Crewe game but all the reports, both in the press and from friends have been good so far and it looks like we have another good young prospect on our hands with genuine ability.

Just hope he gets more of a look in that the odd half a game in a early round worthy cup game.

Playing in the reserves will teach him, and pongole a lot, but it is only by playing in the prem that will make him develop into the player we want him to become.

With all the hype, both by the press and by comments made by Houllier, i think him more than pongole will be given chances this season. and Hopefully next year, (or possibly even by christmas) he'll be ready to stake his claim for a regular first team spot.

You never know, other players have done it before him and he may just go straight into the side.
Not only do i think pot should be legalized, it should be mandatory.......... That'd  be a nice world, wouldnt it? Mellow, hungry, quiet f*cked up people everywhere

Life is Just a ride.......

Pheeny

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2003, 08:05:50 pm »
Mercury,KFC have a great time on Sunday :wave to the camara as I'll be watching on  e season!

Offline Americaner...

• More American than other, ordinary Americans.
  • Kopite
  • I dream in red and white
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2003, 08:22:11 pm »
I saw a 10 minute highlights vid and Le Tallec looked great. Although he is young he did look quite impressive and I think he should be able to break into the team from the reserves some time this season.

Offline KFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again.
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2003, 08:39:57 am »
GH has already said he will give the French kids a run-out mainly in the League Cup (called Carling / Carsley Cup now??).  Hopefully it means we will have a good chance to retain that Cup now  8)
We won it 6 times

Offline Jason_King

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2003, 08:55:54 am »
I hope a couple of the fringe players get a run out in the Worthy always nice to see them play and if they take their chance....

Perhaps in some instances this is better than fielding the first 11, surely some of them must have bigger games at the back of their minds? No such problem for the youngsters/reserves, they will want to impress

Offline Kenny--77

• Main Stander
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2003, 09:37:23 am »
If he's good enough for the first team, he should at least make the bench, whatever his age is. Definately think we'll see two teams this year - one for the PL, FA and UEFA Cups and a 'reserve' team for the Carling Cup.Would be great to win the PL with our 'strongest 11' and the Carling with our 'reserve' squad :)
Shut up brain or I'll stab you with a cue tip

Offline Zach

• In my humble opinion
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2003, 09:50:11 am »
He's got a class name for a star...

"Tony Le Tallec"

Sounds hard!

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2003, 11:18:26 am »
Mercury,KFC have a great time on Sunday :wave to the camara as I'll be watching on  e season!

Thanks a lot, Pheeny.  And I'll try my best  to :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave

;D

Offline wattie

• lottie shite
  • Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2003, 11:30:34 pm »
I thought he was sound but ged was quick to play down his first-team chances for now.

Offline IrishRed

• Driven but can't drive...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2003, 11:40:33 pm »
i think GH will also be attempting to dampen the fans glowing reports about them.

if they are good enough then he will play them
LFC SHOULD NEVER PLAY ON THE 15TH APRIL, NOT THIS YEAR, NEXT YEAR OR ANY OTHER YEAR

Justice

Offline wattie

• lottie shite
  • Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2003, 11:42:49 pm »
He's prob trying to take as much pressure of him as possible as well..