Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1064940 times)

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
Re: Bundesliga 2015/16
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2015, 09:16:12 am »
As somebody who has no clue about German footall, how are Dortmund doing so well this season against last year with Klopp?
The general consensus among Dortmund fans is that Klopp turned out to be a bit of a one-trick pony. It was a great trick, and it took the other Bundesliga clubs years to work out how to deal with it, but when the opposition constantly sat back last season, the team began to falter. Not entirely dissimilar to the issues we faced early on last term.

He tried to adapt their game, but without any great success. Injuries, key players being out of form (Kagawa, Mkhitaryan, Weidenfeller, Gundogan) and extraordinary wastefulness in front of goal also played a part.

In Klopp’s defence, he’d been there for seven years by that point, which is twice as long as Mourinho has lasted anywhere and three years more than Guardiola spent at Barcelona. And given the depressing regularity with which his best players were sold – sometimes to Dortmund’s biggest rivals – it’s remarkable that it took so long for the wheels to come off.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #121 on: September 2, 2015, 01:12:41 am »
Seen a few of these images doing the rounds on social media, are they legitimate? Would be great if we could arrange something similar at Anfield.

Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #122 on: September 2, 2015, 04:36:25 am »
Seen a few of these images doing the rounds on social media, are they legitimate? Would be great if we could arrange something similar at Anfield.
The German version of Vice contacted the Bundesliga clubs about the issue.
https://sports.vice.com/de_de/article/was-macht-dein-verein-die-fluechtlingsprojekte-der-fussball-bundesliga-451

A lot of the clubs are collecting/donating money, toys, clothing, football equipment, and tickets. Some others have some mentoring, youth football training, and integration programs already setup or prepared. Wonderful work from the supporters and clubs.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #123 on: September 2, 2015, 09:04:45 am »
A well done to the clubs who did that. A glowing contrast to some countries' policy on that matter.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: September 11, 2015, 07:41:24 pm »
Awful back pass there for Sommer. 0-1 Hamburg.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2015, 08:41:44 pm »
0-3 Hamburg. Woah.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2015, 08:46:39 pm »
The difference between the atrocity of the average Hamburg peformance last season, to this.. is mind blowing. Hats off to Bruno Labbadia
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2015, 09:57:40 pm »
Gladbach look in real trouble. They have some good players in Xhaka, Raffael and Hermann but its just been a mess so far. They started the opening day with two teenage CBs and today they played a 33 yr old and a 35yr old there. They need Dominguez back asap, it would improve them immeasurably. Hermann and Fabian Johnson injured as well. Johnson isn't brilliant but Jantschke can then be played at CB. 

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2015, 09:59:15 pm »
The difference between the atrocity of the average Hamburg peformance last season, to this.. is mind blowing. Hats off to Bruno Labbadia
Thought it was more a case of Gladbach being so awful. Still, Hamburg are a different team when Lasogga is fully fit.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2015, 03:18:33 pm »
Dortmund winning 2-1 after going behind. Bayern losing at half time.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2015, 04:19:06 pm »
Bayern thieves

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2015, 04:19:06 pm »
So was that a penalty or not?

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2015, 04:19:17 pm »
Slice of luck for Bayern..not sure that was a pen. Defender stood his ground.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #133 on: September 12, 2015, 04:21:34 pm »
Wee Augsburg robbed of a draw at Bayern, were 1-0 up with 13 to go. Alaba looking for an obstruction in the box ran into a defender when putting the ball passed him, ref bought it. Shit happens.

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: September 12, 2015, 04:55:44 pm »
Bayern's last two games they have rescued a win in the final minute. Dortmund have looked better so far this season

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: September 12, 2015, 05:00:17 pm »
Bayern's last two games they have rescued a win in the final minute. Dortmund have looked better so far this season
They beat Bayer 3-0 before this....Costa and his sombrero. Last couple of seasons they exploded out of the blocks...easing into a season might be a plan of attack.

Offline C

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: September 12, 2015, 05:04:56 pm »
ah, obviously on about Hoffenheim then.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2015, 09:05:11 am »
The Bayern penalty was an absolutely embarrassing call. Nothing there whatsoever. Was hoping someone would smack the linesman.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline C

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2015, 05:13:15 pm »
Schalke 1-1 Mainz, 42' min.

quite an entertaining game, neither side have really taken a grip of the match and as a result its end to end. I fancy Franco di Santo to pop up with the winner in the 2nd half.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2015, 06:49:34 pm »
Lucien Favre just resigned after Gladbach's shit start to the season.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/635500/artikel_paukenschlag-lucien-favre-tritt-zurueck.html (in German)

Offline C

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2015, 07:50:27 pm »
get him in.

Offline Armless Joe Gambino

• Will stone fred at the drop of a hat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2015, 02:40:15 am »
Favre done a great job at Gladbach, his job was safe by all accounts despite this season's results.

The Club's quick statement claimed they were hurt by his decision, it will be interesting to see tomorrow's statements.

As mentioned (by me also in the post match thread.) get him in.
In my day everbody drank and smoked and nobody took drugs. . . . . .

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2015, 02:47:21 am »
Lucien Favre just resigned after Gladbach's shit start to the season.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/635500/artikel_paukenschlag-lucien-favre-tritt-zurueck.html (in German)
I was surprised to read this. I remember only half a year ago people were saying he is the best up and coming manager in Bundesliga. The commentators couldn't stop raving about him, and I watched his team for the first time in Europa League games vs Villarreal and Sevilla. I'd lie if I said I was mightily impressed by his team then, and I think they were going 2nd or 3rd in Bundesliga at that time. Villarreal, who ended up 6th-7th (forgot) in Spain last season weren't worse than them.

I don't have a complete picture of him, I have watched very few matches of Borussia M. But I know that those who watch Bundesliga regularly rate him very highly. I am hoping he finds a new team so that we can see if he is the real deal. He is not a young coach either, he is 57, that is, he is older than Rafa Benitez. It is very hard to call him up and coming coach or that he is promising at this stage.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: September 21, 2015, 05:10:12 am »
I was surprised to read this. I remember only half a year ago people were saying he is the best up and coming manager in Bundesliga. The commentators couldn't stop raving about him, and I watched his team for the first time in Europa League games vs Villarreal and Sevilla. I'd lie if I said I was mightily impressed by his team then, and I think they were going 2nd or 3rd in Bundesliga at that time. Villarreal, who ended up 6th-7th (forgot) in Spain last season weren't worse than them.

I don't have a complete picture of him, I have watched very few matches of Borussia M. But I know that those who watch Bundesliga regularly rate him very highly. I am hoping he finds a new team so that we can see if he is the real deal. He is not a young coach either, he is 57, that is, he is older than Rafa Benitez. It is very hard to call him up and coming coach or that he is promising at this stage.
He helped revive Gladbach from a relegation side to a 50-65 point team. Their current form is horrid, but it still seems a little rash in my opinion to resign this early, especially given their last few seasons. Like Heno said, their Director was stunned by it.

He has always been big on playing out the back, disciplined backline and defensive mids, a lot of passes. Many of those defenders were inherited from when they were crap. Turned them into a solid group and even made Dante look focused. 26 goals allowed last season, already 12 in 5 matches. I would say a mix of bad luck and failure to find replacements are the downfall. The loss of Kramer left a gap in the center of the midfield. They also lost Max Kruse, who was crucial in their attack. Mix that with injuries in their backline and using raw inexperienced centerbacks as their replacements, everything back there has gone to shit. I watched parts of the HSV match, and they looked like crap. A lot of passing, shit marking, and dire up front.

I could see them plummeting this season with the extra games from Europa too. I'm not even sure who could be a proper replacement given the current mess. They were already overachieving. I know Hitzfeld was championing Favre to replaced Pep at Bayern earlier this year. I think he would be a good choice for Bayern pending Pep exits at the end of the season.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2015, 05:18:17 am »
^What about Borussia D's new coach? He seems the real deal. Love how he revived Borussia D. I am hoping to see them in Champions League next season. The way they beat Bayer was very impressive. Bayer are doing well in CL themselves, but looked distinctly second best vs Borussia D.

Regarding Favre, I do think it may have been a bit premature to announce his resignation. Over in Spain, Emery had a disastrous start to the season with Sevilla. No wins after 4 games, and these were worst of fixtures. Still, they won big in CL, vs Borussia M, in fact, but just to point out, Emery seems safe so far. He is a young coach, Emery, only 43 yet. Again, had major changes to his squad this summer, so gets a benefit of doubt. Sevilla-Borussia M match was interesting from that point, too, 2 of the teams that started the season really badly. Borussia M were much worse in that match though.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2015, 07:29:31 am »
^What about Borussia D's new coach? He seems the real deal. Love how he revived Borussia D. I am hoping to see them in Champions League next season. The way they beat Bayer was very impressive. Bayer are doing well in CL themselves, but looked distinctly second best vs Borussia D.
I haven't watched enough Mainz over the years to get the full concept, outside of the gegenpressing. Personality wise, he is a bit Mourinho-esque. Some people think he is an ass, and likes to deflect in his interviews. Kicker had an article earlier this year where one of his ex-goalkeepers called him a dictator and a bully. Emptied out his locker, ripped up pictures of his kids, and put his stuff by the toilet. Not that lovable.

I believe his approach is more organized both on the field and off compared to Klopp. More of a tactician compared to his predecessor, the motivator. He likes to change line-ups or formations often and puts a lot of effort into mental training during practices.

They completely dismantled Bayer and Roger Schmidt, another gegenpressing disciple. So far he looks good. I feel Post-Winterpause performance is always a good litmus test in the Bundesliga. It will be interesting to see Dortmund's form come February/March.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2015, 12:53:01 pm »
Favre done a great job at Gladbach, his job was safe by all accounts despite this season's results.

The Club's quick statement claimed they were hurt by his decision, it will be interesting to see tomorrow's statements.

As mentioned (by me also in the post match thread.) get him in.

Not really sure about that (leaving aside that we still have a manager). There are stories about him being a real drama-queen and having resigned about half a dozen times before. Add to that, that he might not be the best in terms of leadership. "11 Freunde" had an article about him with a little anecdote about him trying to sign striker Eren Derdiyok. Apparantly, he was talking to the player and was telling him everything about how he wants to play and about the project at Gladbach. When Derdiyok asked him "Where do you want me to play in all of this?" He just said "I don't know".

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2015, 08:11:11 pm »
Lewandowski..... comes on 0-1 down 46' & has two goals by 51'.

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2015, 08:11:15 pm »
2 goals in a minute from Lewandowksi has Bayern 2-1 up from 2-0 down. 52 gone. He only came on at HT!
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: September 22, 2015, 08:12:16 pm »
fucking hell a hattrick!!!

Offline b_joseph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: September 22, 2015, 08:12:20 pm »
Goodness. Hat trick as quick as that. wowser

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: September 22, 2015, 08:13:27 pm »
:lmao this Bayern - Wolfsburg game is class.

Lewandowski hat trick, almost as fast as Pelle's? Or Fowler's?

Terrific move as well, I was hoping he scored first time - how they worked it out from their own corner flag was terrific.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: September 22, 2015, 08:13:34 pm »
Hattrick Lewandowski! 3 mins and 22 seconds!
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline b_joseph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2015, 08:14:35 pm »
Wolfsburg played brilliantly in that first half...thrown it all away like Milan in Istanbul. Fucking hell he has another...4 goals for Lewa

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #154 on: September 22, 2015, 08:14:41 pm »
Holy shit
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: September 22, 2015, 08:14:53 pm »
Must be some kind of record surely?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: September 22, 2015, 08:15:21 pm »
Just wow.

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #157 on: September 22, 2015, 08:16:18 pm »
Fastest Hattrick ever?

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: September 22, 2015, 08:16:35 pm »
A 4th from Lewandoski! Unbelievable stuff! 4 goals in 5 mins by the same player! Bayern 4-1 Wolfsburg.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #159 on: September 22, 2015, 08:17:48 pm »
Just back from the jacks. Did I miss anything?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75