Author Topic: Liverpool vs Blackburn  (Read 21575 times)

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
Re: Liverpool vs Blackburn
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2010, 03:26:43 pm »
24:00 Dunn win's a corner for Blackburn...

Their first for today.

Good corner..but Pepe collects well..counter attack is on...

Lucas and Raul connect well and the ball reach's Gerrard at the edge of the box who hits it so sweetly but again Robinson makes a world class save.....corner to Liverpool..great strike..great save....SO SO CLOSE!
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2010, 03:26:59 pm »
Is this the same team? Liverpool looking to pounce!!!

We do seem a different team. Although Blackburn are letting us dictate the game.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2010, 03:28:06 pm »
25:00 Corner to Blackburn, Reina collects and quick distribution to Gerrard and he is away, gets it to Maxi who gets to the box and lays it back for Gerrard who has a stinging shot on target, Robinson saving his team again with a great save!

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2010, 03:28:27 pm »
Twelfth Man comments:

"Lucas has played really well so far. Incisive passing so far, including that lovely weighted chip to Carra on the wing. Are we finally pressing higher up the pitch?"

Yes, we appear to be higher up the pitch. Honestly, our best 25 minutes so far this season...
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2010, 03:29:40 pm »
Maxi has been involved a lot in the game. It's a conundrum. One game you have no idea he is on the pitch the next you know he is instrumental in everything.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2010, 03:31:05 pm »
28:00 Tackles flying in everywhere Gerrard with a great sliding tackle , Diuof retaliates and it's all getting a bit fiesty. Picks up a yellow for that. Gerrard over the freekick whipped in and it's tennis again, shot directed at Robinson and he saves his team again!

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2010, 03:31:21 pm »
28:00 Liverpool free kick...Martin Olsson is shown a yellow card for a needless tackle on Gerrard....Gerrard whips in the free kick..it's lands 3 yards from the goal line as Robinson makes a hash of the clearance..bodies of players..and it's just cleared....it could have gone anywhere the ball.....so close..great free kick from Gerrard.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2010, 03:33:00 pm »
Looks like Raf has tweeted the tactics to Roy.

;) Something must have happened different team out there today.

ey up, Fat Sam's moving to play leader ::)

Should sit his butt down and take his ass whopping like a true gent.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2010, 03:33:27 pm »
Chakan,

Stats thus far!

Liverpool with 7 shots of which 3 were on goal..Blackburn with 1 shot which was not on target....Liverpool with 6 corners thus far vs Blackburns 1...with Liverpool commanding 73% of possession thus far.

It's been ALL LIVERPOOL thus far......

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2010, 03:33:54 pm »
nzonzi goes off injured... blackburn currently down to 10 men

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2010, 03:34:33 pm »
32:00 Steven Nzonzi is substituted with what appears to be a hamstring injury. Vincenzo Grella comes on in his place.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2010, 03:35:59 pm »
Chakan,

Stats thus far!

Liverpool with 7 shots of which 3 were on goal..Blackburn with 1 shot which was not on target....Liverpool with 6 corners thus far vs Blackburns 1...with Liverpool commanding 73% of possession thus far.

It's been ALL LIVERPOOL thus far......

Amazing stats.... this is undoubtly the best we have played this whole season. Although Blackburn have sat back and let us play this way. All the other teams we have played have come straight at us. It seems when we are left to play our game we do it well, but when you pressure us and put us on the back foot we fall to pieces.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2010, 03:37:31 pm »
Can I just say the difference between Poulsen and Lucas is light years apart.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2010, 03:38:08 pm »
34:00 Blackburn with possession in the Liverpool half...a deep ball into the box but nobody is there and a Liverpool goalkick...

Liverpool defence thus far have not looked troubled thus far today...

Pepe with the goalkick...won by Blackburn in the center circle....but Carra hoofs it forward....Torres pressures Robsinson for a corner..

Corner comes in....Maxi tee's up Raul at the edge of the box..his rocket shot is beaten down and Blackburn break..but the counter attack breaks down..

Liverpool now attack again...

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2010, 03:39:26 pm »
37:00 Carra with a ball down the line for Torres to chase, back pass to Robinson who fluffs his lines and kicks it out for a corner, corner comes in and it falls to Raul on the edge of the box but the shot is blocked

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2010, 03:41:11 pm »
Torres collects a great pass from Maxi in the 39th minute..but his pass takes Torres out wide and his shot is blocked for a corner...

MY GOD....the ball is cleared but Raul with the HARDEST SHOT I have seen this season..a THUNDERBOLT that is blocked by Saldago...what  A SHOT..that was going in.....

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2010, 03:42:38 pm »
40:00 Corner comes in..Soto win's it and flicks it on to the far post..Lucas meets the header but just fails to get the right header in...so so close..

Good first half thus far by Liverpool standards....

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2010, 03:43:15 pm »
40:00 Throw in to liverpool Soto hoofs it clear and maxi fights hard to win the ball plays Torres in out wide on the right tries the shot but it's blocked and it's a corner. Corner comes in and again falls to Raul on the edge of the box another rocket shot is blocked by a blackburn head. Another corner, Soto with a flick on just a bit behind Lucas who does well to get a head on it, but it's wide

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2010, 03:44:37 pm »
42:00 Liverpool attacks continue...it's been one way traffic for the last 40 minutes...

Liverpool in their half..deep ball from Konchesky..Torres pressures the blackburn defence for a throw in....

Cole and Konchesky combine...with Raul....left side but a foul by Raul...free kick to Blackburn...

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2010, 03:45:06 pm »
McManaman once said Salgado is the hardest man he had ever met, now we know why.

Did well to put himself in harms way.... looked very sore!
Apparently he said he's never head the ball so much until he came to the premier league....

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2010, 03:46:26 pm »
Lucas is reminding me so much of Xabi today, the driven pass to feet and the overall play of the lad has been immense. If he continues to grow at the rate he is, just imagine

No argument from me Lad has been heavily involved in everything. Poulsen Who?

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2010, 03:47:01 pm »
RH moved & was animated for 15 seconds

Pesky bees getting in his face, don't worry Sammy will deal with it.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2010, 03:47:49 pm »
Half time approaching..Carra moves into the Blackburn half..looking dangerous but his pass is cut out..Lucas to Gerrard..his cross into the box is just missed by Maxi...so close..all he needed to do was to get a slight touch on it...and the ball goes across the blackburn goal....for a goal kick...

So close...but missed opportunity.

Possession in the first half: Liverpool 70% Blackburn 30%....it's been all Liverpool thus far...

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2010, 03:48:10 pm »
46:00 fantastic ball driven from the right into the box by Stevie Maxi seemed in 2 minds as to what to with it, in the end decides to maybe try get a foot on it , but misses and it goes out for a goal kick

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2010, 03:48:44 pm »
HALF TIME.......good chances, great movement...dominated Blackburn BUT....yet to find a goal...

But, our best performance thus far this season against a poor  Blackburn side..

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2010, 03:49:36 pm »
Chakan,

Our best 45 minutes this season thus far for you?

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2010, 03:50:13 pm »
HT 0-0

Its been all liverpool Pressure and chances but no end result.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2010, 03:51:05 pm »
Amazing stats to add...Liverpool with 14 shots at goal..with 4 on target...and Blackburn..with..err...1 shot at goal...not even on target....

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2010, 03:52:20 pm »
HT 0-0

Its been all liverpool Pressure and chances but no end result.

You would think with the amount of pressure thus far..Blackburn should fold right?

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2010, 03:54:06 pm »
Chakan,

Our best 45 minutes this season thus far for you?

No question. Without a doubt this has been the best we have played this far under Hodgson.
We pressured we got clear cut chances and for the heroics of Robinson we would be at least 2-0 up. He has played the Pepe Role today.

Maxi has been fantastic. I am not sure what happened but someone lit a fire under him and he has performed. Lucas has been bossing the midfield and Raul getting into nice positions to keep the game flowing. Gerrard has been outstanding working in the midfield, spreading play wide and getting everyone involved.

Torres I must say is getting into good positions and trying but still looks a yard off the pace, he finishing has been woeful.

Cole for me has had a bad game, seems to go missing for large portions of the match and then will pop up every now and again, needs to get more involved.

Defensively we haven't had much to do (thank god) Soto has been a rock, Carra is making some nice runs forward and getting the defense working.

Everything but the end product I would say.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2010, 03:54:47 pm »
thegodfella comments: "Worried that we have not scored yet"

...and us too! 4 quality shots on goal...3 were brilliant saves by the keeper..and one was a absolute THUNDERBOLT from Raul from the edge of the box that was blocked...balls and all by Saldago..he took the full brunt of that rocket....so so close..

« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 03:59:53 pm by Mad Men »

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2010, 03:56:08 pm »
OR..have Blackburn been so so poor thus far? And are making it easy for us?

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2010, 03:56:50 pm »
I've locked the in game thread on the main board so keep up the good work gents, you'll have more visitors in the 2nd half.
Yep.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2010, 03:57:36 pm »
I've locked the in game thread on the main board so keep up the good work gents, you'll have more visitors in the 2nd half.

Roger!

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2010, 04:00:27 pm »
Playing very well to be fair, but it has a good bit to do with Blackburn too. I'm shocked at how bad they are, they're not even executing their long ball tactics to any effect whatsoever, they just keep giving us the ball back. Really liking the look of Meireles/Lucas in the centre, keeping the ball moving all the time and poking holes in the Blackburn defence almost at will. If not for Robinson, this could be 3-0 or worse. Those quality players that we apparently don't have will hopefully continue like this and eventually make our domination tell in the second half, but we can't forget that we're playing one of the worst teams in the Premiership here (and they're without several key players). By this season's standards its good, by any other's it would be the minimum requirement.

No argument from me on that analysis.
Blackburn are playing the liverpool (pre this game) role today. Backing off letting us dominate the game and play attacking football.
We seem to capitulate when teams press us and take the game to us. When we don't have teams doing that we actually play pretty decent football.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2010, 04:02:33 pm »

Check!

OR..have Blackburn been so so poor thus far? And are making it easy for us?

That's the other side of the coin. They have done nothing to bother us. Which means we can do what we want, but taking nothing away from us, we still need to do something when we people give us the opportunity and we have done that. Just haven't got the end product.

Does this mean that Northhampton have a better Manager than Blackburn? I mean if he can figure out how to beat us and Fat Sam hasn't?

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2010, 04:03:38 pm »
Team are back out on the pitch....

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2010, 04:04:20 pm »
KICKOFF.....

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2010, 04:04:21 pm »
Blackburn make a change Benjani on for Kalanic

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2010, 04:05:11 pm »
Was Kalinic injured or something?

Missed why he was taken off

Don't know. Didn't  mentioned the reason for the change.