Author Topic: What Car Do You Own/Drive?  (Read 477109 times)

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: What Car Do You Own/Drive?
« Reply #4960 on: February 3, 2018, 07:31:55 am »
an xf blasts past me going to work everyday.

Sexiest car ever

I always ride my bike to work and a Nissan GTR always goes past me. My dream car

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4961 on: February 3, 2018, 09:40:07 am »
I always ride my bike to work and a Nissan GTR always goes past me. My dream car

One of the parents occasionally drops his daughter at my lads school, rocks up in a Red 66 plate Ferrari 458 Italia. Its gorgeous.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4962 on: February 4, 2018, 11:23:36 am »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4963 on: February 4, 2018, 11:26:20 am »
Give Gumtree a go.

I’ve got one for sale at the moment and I’ve had more interest from a few days on there than I did with 2 weeks on Autotrader.

It’s free too!

My daughters fella sold my old car for me using something on Facebook, sold in a couple of hours, loads of interest and free. Not sure exactly what its called but he uses it all the time and it seems the business.

Thanks. Ill try both.

Didn't know credit cards went that high, mine has a limit of £2,500. In that case, better get my credit rating up a bit

The last 0% credit card i got had a crazy £11k credit limit so if you can get one then its the cheapest way to borrow.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4964 on: February 4, 2018, 01:54:51 pm »
Jaguar XF or XE?

Had a x-type for 13 years then got the XE when it came out , lovely car probably the best I’ve had . Had a XF as a courtesy and wasn’t fussed on it as much . Here’s mine about 2 years  ago

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4965 on: February 12, 2018, 05:18:13 pm »
So I bought a new XF today!! Pick it up next Tuesday.

Love the look of that, one of the best XE's I've seen and definitely convinced me to get black alloys when purchasing the XF.

I probably would have gone for an XE if the costs were outright, but when they did all the reductions, they were allowed to take more money of the XF, actually making it cheaper. Therefore seemed to be much better value for money.

Jaguar XJ.

Feel free to give me the extra 20k required!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 05:20:12 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #4966 on: February 17, 2018, 03:15:51 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQut6ks3nSY

Didn't realise VW were so far ahead with their Electric cars.

We've just gone for an XC60 for the next three years, made sure I went Automatic as looks like the next car is going to be electric!

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4967 on: February 17, 2018, 04:16:10 pm »
I had a small accident last weekend and wrote off my old 2005 Vauxhall Astra....

Just put a deposit down on a 2011 Mazda 3 Tayuka - nothing fancy compared to lots on here but big improvement on the Astra.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4968 on: February 17, 2018, 06:32:49 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQut6ks3nSY

Didn't realise VW were so far ahead with their Electric cars.

Great video mate, very interesting and exciting (although I only got half way through earlier today :) ). But that is just a concept car, there are many electric cars already in mass production albeit lead times are lengthy.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #4969 on: February 17, 2018, 07:12:07 pm »
2017 Vauxhall version of this

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_aCJt68AnNs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_aCJt68AnNs</a>

Flip Chip silver
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 07:17:12 pm by Capon Debaser »

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #4970 on: February 17, 2018, 07:47:49 pm »
I've just bought myself a 1987 Polonez 2000. It's quite peppy and a rather comfortable ride as well.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4971 on: February 17, 2018, 08:08:44 pm »
2017 Vauxhall version of this
Flip Chip silver
Nice mate, I've been looking at an Astra recently. I've had 4 over the years, loved them all :)

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4972 on: February 17, 2018, 08:10:54 pm »
So I bought a new XF today!! Pick it up next Tuesday.

Love the look of that, one of the best XE's I've seen and definitely convinced me to get black alloys when purchasing the XF.

I probably would have gone for an XE if the costs were outright, but when they did all the reductions, they were allowed to take more money of the XF, actually making it cheaper. Therefore seemed to be much better value for money.

Feel free to give me the extra 20k required!

Mine was the reverse got something like a £2000 dealer contribution as well as something off jaguar , the extras on it were easily covered by it , did you get the service package for £450 covering 3 services

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4973 on: February 17, 2018, 08:16:16 pm »

Just put a deposit down on a 2011 Mazda 3 Tayuka - nothing fancy compared to lots on here but big improvement on the Astra.

That'll be nice as well elmo.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #4974 on: February 17, 2018, 08:46:02 pm »
Nice mate, I've been looking at an Astra recently. I've had 4 over the years, loved them all :)
First one.Both my brothers have had em before.Smooth as anything.Only thing is its dead low to the floor.Feel like how i imagine a fat fuck struggling to get outta bed does when i get out my seat ;D

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4975 on: February 19, 2018, 12:40:19 pm »
Currently have a 64 plate Astra on finance (£306 p/m - got it brand new) with 25,000 miles on the clock currently. Due to unfortunate family circumstances I can hand the car back for free of charge and maybe pick up something cheaper.

My dad has just brought a '09 BMW and mum an '11 Audi who have both said that they're the best cars they've driven. I could get either of these for considerably cheaper monthly payments than what I pay now.

So do I send the Astra back and get another car despite it being a bit older? Not very experienced with cars unfortunately so looking for advice here!

Thanks
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Online .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4976 on: February 19, 2018, 12:45:22 pm »
Just bought a Mini Paceman.

2014 plate but only 12,000 miles on the clock.

Bought it from a Mini garage (approved used) this weekend. A good upgrade from our 2009 older generation Mini.

Offline FCukBarca Haw-Haw

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4977 on: February 19, 2018, 12:52:56 pm »
2nd Gen Prius

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4978 on: February 19, 2018, 03:45:29 pm »
Currently have a 64 plate Astra on finance (£306 p/m - got it brand new) with 25,000 miles on the clock currently. Due to unfortunate family circumstances I can hand the car back for free of charge and maybe pick up something cheaper.

My dad has just brought a '09 BMW and mum an '11 Audi who have both said that they're the best cars they've driven. I could get either of these for considerably cheaper monthly payments than what I pay now.

So do I send the Astra back and get another car despite it being a bit older? Not very experienced with cars unfortunately so looking for advice here!

Thanks

A lot depends on how the car has been looked after. The advantage of the newer car is that it should be reliable and cost nothing other than standard consumables like tyres.

My wife has an 06 Astra that she's had from 11 months old and its needed a new spring, a coil pack and a boot lock in that time, so outside of wear and tear items its cost us less than £200. I run an 09 Jag X Type that has been well looked after by the previous owner, but I know of other cars that have been absolute dogs.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #4979 on: March 12, 2018, 10:04:07 pm »
getting the spring itch for something new so been having a look around some forecourts recently..struck by how fuckin dull modern car designs are...just endless variations of the same..... pretty uninspiring it has to be said...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4980 on: March 13, 2018, 09:16:13 am »
getting the spring itch for something new so been having a look around some forecourts recently..struck by how fuckin dull modern car designs are...just endless variations of the same..... pretty uninspiring it has to be said...

Aerodynamics, pedestrian safety and accountants are responsible for the dull boring boxes we see now. Once, you could tell every car apart, now they are just clones of each other.

I drive an '09 2.2D X-Type and I'm keeping it as long as I can, as to me its the last Jaguar that actually looks like a Jag (always wanted a Jag as a kid and wanted an X Type from the minute I first saw one), the XE, while a nice car, just looks like a Mondeo.

Offline Big Swifty

• Main Stander
« Reply #4981 on: March 13, 2018, 10:50:17 am »
How do people here feel about diesels these days? I know things are getting tougher from a legislation point of view, but it still looks like a nuanced situation, given the potential benefits it still offers. I'm wrestling with this at the moment as I'm getting my wife a car - it's looking like a used (2015 ish) 3 Series at the moment with xDrive (she wants AWD), and the petrol vs diesel thing is occupying our minds.

I don't think the tax increases would hurt us much as long as we bough a car with an EU6 compliant engine, but residuals are going to be affected by the drop in demand for used diesels, although arguably that drop could plateau at some point. Then there is the diesel particulate filter, which can clog if you don't occasionally do sustained high speeds in order to get sufficient heat to burn away the soot. She just about does the yearly mileage to consider a diesel (12,000 miles), and it isn't urban stop/start driving at solely slow speeds, although her motorway stretch isn't often at high speed due to it being at rush hour. So we are on the edge with regard to both mileage and keeping the DPF healthy.

Having said that, the 3 Series only has one xDrive petrol engine, the 320i. Haven't driven it yet, though the wife is going to today. It is probably a good engine, but the 330d is more efficient and also a fair bit quicker, so in a vacuum must be considered a better all round prospect.

Anyone here who wouldn't buy a diesel under any circumstances these days?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #4982 on: March 13, 2018, 10:54:11 am »
the dpf, just take it down a motorway once every fortnight at least. give it a good run. thatll solve that

tax wise, ive a 2016 diesel and tax wise it hasnt cost a penny

i think diesels will drop in value particularly with what toyota announced but electrical cars still need more years to prove their worth particularly as charge stations aren't too readily available

ive 3 years of repayments left on mine but its warrantied all that time. so not thinking of binning yet
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 11:50:45 am by Hellrazor »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Big Swifty

• Main Stander
« Reply #4983 on: March 13, 2018, 11:09:01 am »
the dpf, just take it down a motorway once every fortnight at least. give it a good run. thatll solve that

tax wise, ive a 2016 diesel and tax wise it hasnt cost a penny

i think diesels will drop in value particularly with what toyota announced but electrical cars still need more years to prove their worth particularly as charge stations are too readily available

ive 3 years of repayments left on mine but its warrantied all that time. so not thinking of binning yet

Thanks for the reply. What does the DPF realistically need to clean it do you reckon? I've read 15 minutes at 40+mph, and 30-40 minutes at 50+mph. Also this is for passive regeneration - there is something called active regeneration too, but I don't know if this obviates the concern about passive regeneration or not.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4984 on: March 13, 2018, 11:47:14 am »
Thanks for the reply. What does the DPF realistically need to clean it do you reckon? I've read 15 minutes at 40+mph, and 30-40 minutes at 50+mph. Also this is for passive regeneration - there is something called active regeneration too, but I don't know if this obviates the concern about passive regeneration or not.

I've a 2.2D Jag which did 4,000 miles last year, mainly short journeys. All you need to do is occasionally take it on the motorway or a long dual carriageway, it needs about 20 minutes at over 40mph to clean itself. I know when mine needs doing, as the car starts to rev higher at tickover and the autobox plays up as starts to dump fuel into the exhaust to burn off the excess shit (programmed into the car to let you know)

Lad at work has a 13 plate 3 series diesel, travels from Atherton to Old Trafford, so mainly slow stop start there and back, had no issues in the 2 years he's had the car.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4985 on: March 13, 2018, 11:50:25 am »
a good 15 mins at 70mph

i think it happened me once. usually just dropped a gear and blew soot out

one time it was real bad though. i drove it for about 15 mins on a motorway and no good even though id bought stp

on the way home about 5 times i floored it. was doing motorway-dual carriageway for a good 50 miles. after about 10 it blew a lot of soot out and it was never a problem again.

Offline Big Swifty

• Main Stander
« Reply #4986 on: March 13, 2018, 01:04:58 pm »
Ta. I think we would like to convince ourselves to get the diesel because, as I said in my initial post, it is faster and more efficient. I guess it's mainly the residuals and any potential punitive legislation (even though we would make sure to buy an EU6 car) that is giving us pause.

one time it was real bad though. i drove it for about 15 mins on a motorway and no good even though id bought stp

stp?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:09:38 pm by Big Swifty »

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4987 on: March 13, 2018, 02:06:04 pm »
Ta. I think we would like to convince ourselves to get the diesel because, as I said in my initial post, it is faster and more efficient. I guess it's mainly the residuals and any potential punitive legislation (even though we would make sure to buy an EU6 car) that is giving us pause.

stp?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/STP-ST99171EN-Mot-Pack-Diesel/dp/B00CV6187A/ref=sr_1_28?ie=UTF8&qid=1520949800&sr=8-28&keywords=stp+diesel+injector+cleaner

used to buy this in halfords all the time but they dont do them anymore

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4988 on: March 13, 2018, 08:46:37 pm »

Offline Big Swifty

• Main Stander
« Reply #4989 on: March 20, 2018, 10:56:39 am »
Put a deposit down on a '15 plate 430d Gran Coupe xDrive - 42,000 miles and a ton of kit. EU6 compliant too. Has everything my wife wanted so she is excited as hell.  8) Only disappointment from my PoV is the lack of upgraded stereo, as the standard one is shite, but it's not my daily driver at the end of the day so I'm pleased the wife is pleased, and looking forward to giving it a blast from a driving perspective.

It will have a couple of months warranty left too, so anything that needs sorting we can get done free (plus it has a service pack so services up to 5 years/60,000 will also be taken care of).

Pretty pleased with the deal overall, even if it was a touch more than I was originally planning to spend (as often seems to happen).

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #4990 on: April 28, 2018, 09:20:39 am »
Now a Volvo XC60 and holy crap best car I've had, much better than BMW 3 Series

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4991 on: April 28, 2018, 09:29:52 am »
Gone from a fully loaded, brand new Passat to a Lexus NX 300h. Was miffed that I had an auto pushed on me and it lacks any extras however I must say it’s growning on me.

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #4992 on: May 10, 2018, 10:01:00 pm »
Currently driving an Audi A4; just ordered another.... A4

Love this car so seemed silly to get anything different

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #4993 on: May 12, 2018, 12:05:58 am »
Got my new 520d last month and got to admit the drive experience is something else compared to the 3 series especially on the motorway.

Sometimes in windy conditions could feel the 3 series blowing into the next lane.

Online MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4994 on: September 16, 2018, 08:47:28 pm »
I went car shopping today, my GT-4 is getting expensive to maintain and perhaps I am getting to old for it. I tried a Mini Cooper, while it’s a lovely place to sit in, the test drive lasted 300 meters befofe the thing broke down. Somehow, I don’t think I will be getting one.
Justice for the 96!

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4995 on: September 16, 2018, 11:14:14 pm »
Anyone got a BMW 430D?

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4996 on: September 17, 2018, 02:44:34 am »
Bought a silver 2007 Lexus ES 350 last month, exactly like this one in the pics. Only 89,000 miles. Seems it was garage kept as the paint is perfect with nary a scratch. Interior is spotless too. Only $9500! Perfect car for my sales job. I'm in it all day. Very quiet and comfortable.

This is my 4th Lexus/Toyota in a row. They've all gotten to over 200,000 miles with hardly a repair, despite my driving like I should have a helmet, gloves and a flame suit on. ;D Incredibly well built cars.

“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4997 on: September 17, 2018, 11:59:16 am »
2018 Fiesta ST Line.
Previously had a 2014 Fiesta ST which I do miss as it was great to drive.

Current car could do with an extra 50bhp. Only do 2 miles in it to work though. Should really get on my bike more.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #4998 on: September 17, 2018, 12:09:32 pm »
2008 Ford Focus Zetec
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4999 on: September 17, 2018, 12:11:15 pm »
Anyone got a BMW 430D?

I haven't but it's a great car. Which you looking at, the Coupe or the Gran Coupe?