Author Topic: Capello to leave?!  (Read 65795 times)

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Re: Capello to leave?!
« Reply #160 on: October 12, 2011, 02:25:48 am »
Graham Taylor didnt exactly pick the team the media would of liked, he didnt pick the best team though  :P Carlton Palmer *shakes head*
God bless Mr Turnip head, eh...   ;D

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: October 12, 2011, 02:27:47 am »
Redknapp replacing Capello would be on a par with Hodgson replacing Benitez in the worst footballl management decision of the last  20 years.

Only this time it would be funny.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #162 on: October 12, 2011, 02:29:50 am »
HODGSON FOR ENGLAND

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #163 on: October 12, 2011, 02:30:41 am »
fuck that.......Rafa for England!!!!!!

the alladyce/hodgson/redknapp LMA mafia heads would collectively explode.  ;D

I would love them to appoint either of the first two and would joyfully drown in my own piss through laughing.
Saying that, scalded bollock face would also be fucking funny as well.

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #164 on: October 12, 2011, 02:41:23 am »
Fabio Capello or Harry Redknapp. I know who i'd rather have as Liverpool manager.
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline BigMarcs

• Would like an R with his Mac...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: October 12, 2011, 02:46:33 am »
Fabio Capello or Harry Redknapp. I know who i'd rather have as Liverpool manager.

'Arry ?
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/bigcreds

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #166 on: October 12, 2011, 02:50:07 am »
'Arry ?

Haha guess again....second time lucky? :P
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline Wish Matrix

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: October 12, 2011, 03:26:57 am »
HODGSON FOR ENGLAND

Say it loud, say it proud.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him (Jurgen Klopp) as the next Liverpool manager

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #168 on: October 12, 2011, 03:52:32 am »
There's nothing more that I want for ingerlund than for wwoy to be appointed manager.
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #169 on: October 12, 2011, 03:53:22 am »
HODGSON FOR ENGLAND

*CLAP *CLAP *CLAP

IT'S MORE THAN HE DESERVES!!

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #170 on: October 12, 2011, 08:35:04 am »
Greece have done more than England in the past 40 years. Greece. Especially since 1992 when football "burst onto the scene" and the country started hosting the "best league in the world", you would expect England to surely be at the top of the pile.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Pride-Of-The-Midlands

• dumbrum
  • Anny Roader
  • Villa fan. England fan.
« Reply #171 on: October 12, 2011, 12:27:20 pm »
Thats the sort of delusional statement that gets England fans laughed at.

Its akin to........

We are Nottingham Forest.

One of the big boys of European football.

Its bollocks.

Nottingham Forest aren't even in the top flight.

We (England) just finished top of our group.

Greece have done more than England in the past 40 years. Greece. Especially since 1992 when football "burst onto the scene" and the country started hosting the "best league in the world", you would expect England to surely be at the top of the pile.

England have done more than Greece overall.

Also Greece have only ever qualified for 2 World Cups in their history.

England have qualified for 13.

oh fck off.

Amongst all the reasons we don't give a shite about England, and there are many, is comments like that.

You sound very Chelsea.

We have underachieved in recent years but it doesn't suddenly detract from our status as one of the top nations in European football.

Liverpool have underachieved in recent years but it doesn't suddenly detract from their status as one of the biggest clubs in English football.

Based on what though?

Fans? Sure. You take a large following.

Quality of the league? Defo.

Players? Maybe, probably not. Not any more than half a dozen others.

Success? Don't kid yourselves.

England's record across all international competitions is arguably inferior to the Czech's record. Sure, they haven't actually won a World Cup like England (don't remember them hosting one either). The Czech's have played in two finals though, they've won the Euros, finished runners up, got to the Semi's however many times.

England have a mediocre record at international football, masked slightly by a victory on home soil.

Just overall.

Fans-wise we had the highest average attendance (77,116) in Euro 2012 qualification and we have better players than most other nations.

If you were to put it into club terms, England would be a "big club."

Out of the 53 European nations, we are probably around 5th or 6th (give or take Holland) in terms of stature behind Germany, Italy, France and Spain.

In terms of how good our team is right now I'd say we are probably in the roughly the same place.

Spain, Germany, Holland you would have to say our better than us.

France, Italy, Portugal are around the same level as us.

Greece, Russia, Sweden, Croatia, Turkey etc are probably not as good as us.

Overall (historically and now) I'd say we are in that group of top tier European nations though we are probably towards the bottom of that group rather than the top of the group.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 12:38:17 pm by Pride-Of-The-Midlands »

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #172 on: October 12, 2011, 12:36:16 pm »
Redknapp replacing Capello would be on a par with Hodgson replacing Benitez in the worst footballl management decision of the last  20 years.

Only this time it would be funny.

Regardless what Capello has done previously his England mismanagement has been shockingly bad.

I'd take any of the premiership managers over him now, it would be hard to do any worst if you were trying to sabotage the team.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #173 on: October 12, 2011, 12:36:20 pm »
If only Brian Clough was still alive..   ::)

Joking aside, it's all about the media and kissing their arses, picking the best players as oppose to picking the best team.

Alf Ramsey and Bobby Robson were the only two managers in my life time that had the balls to do that and stick it right up to the media..

Until someone comes along with balls to that, England will always be the bridesmaids.

Bridesmaids? Most of the time they're not even invited to the wedding.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: October 12, 2011, 01:43:09 pm »
 Never got the hatred for Redknapp as a manager, of course he's involved with the rag which is digusting, but as a manager nobody can deny he has done incredibly well with Tottenham and I don't think any manager in the world could have gotten them into a better position than he has the last couple of years.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: October 12, 2011, 02:04:58 pm »
Never got the hatred for Redknapp as a manager, of course he's involved with the rag which is digusting, but as a manager nobody can deny he has done incredibly well with Tottenham and I don't think any manager in the world could have gotten them into a better position than he has the last couple of years.

i agree, id rather Spurs without Redknapp, less of a threat to us at this moment in time

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: October 12, 2011, 02:55:22 pm »
Why is it the first thing I thought was 'Oh looks like Martin Kelly won't be playing for England anytime soon' when the possibility of Redknapp leaving Spurs is far more important. Let's hope this Russian team gets him.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline AJ4Seven

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: October 12, 2011, 03:17:21 pm »
i agree, id rather Spurs without Redknapp, less of a threat to us at this moment in time

I would much prefer to see Redknapp at Spurs rather than someone like Ancelotti.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #178 on: October 12, 2011, 03:19:46 pm »
Please let it be Arry Redknapp they're after.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #179 on: October 13, 2011, 02:49:01 am »
Fucking hell give me strength, where to start.

Nottingham Forest aren't even in the top flight.

We (England) just finished top of our group.

Exactly, if international football worked the same way league football does, England would be where Forest are, we havent won fuck all for decades. we look good on paper because its a small league, at best we are the likes of Villa, we arent going to win the league, we arent going to go down, we are going to tread water around the middle and never really threaten the top boys, when we do they batter us and put us back in our place.

We have qualified and for once topped a group, whoop-dee-do! It wasnt exactly a strong group though and its fucking meaningless, you dont get any medals for qualifying, you sound like a bitter, when is the glorious qualification dvd out?

We have underachieved in recent years but it doesn't suddenly detract from our status as one of the top nations in European football.

We havent underachieved in recent years, we havent achieved for decades, fucking DECADES! When we did achieve it was only the once and on home soil.

Liverpool have underachieved in recent years but it doesn't suddenly detract from their status as one of the biggest clubs in English football.

Liverpool havent underachieved in recent years, we havent won the league granted, but we have won everything else, thats not underachieving, its fucking more than everyone else in the league has done besides Man U.

Fans-wise we had the highest average attendance (77,116) in Euro 2012 qualification and we have better players than most other nations.

If you were to put it into club terms, England would be a "big club."

Oh great the Newcastle argument, having lots of fans and a high gate does not a big club make. Winning trophies on a consistent basis, being continually successful over a number of years in a number of competitions makes you a big club, by that definition, England are a fucking non league club that fluked an FA cup back in the 1930's
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

• dumbrum
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #180 on: October 13, 2011, 08:42:10 pm »
Quote from: Mouth link
Exactly, if international football worked the same way league football does, England would be where Forest are, we havent won fuck all for decades. we look good on paper because its a small league, at best we are the likes of Villa, we arent going to win the league, we arent going to go down, we are going to tread water around the middle and never really threaten the top boys, when we do they batter us and put us back in our place.

Most teams in Europe have won fuck all in their entire history.

And if they have won something, they have only won the Euros (Holland, Greece, Denmark, Czech Republic) whereas we have won the World Cup.

World Cup > Euros

We have qualified and for once topped a group, whoop-dee-do! It wasnt exactly a strong group though and its fucking meaningless, you dont get any medals for qualifying, you sound like a bitter, when is the glorious qualification dvd out?

The best teams top their group.

We topped our group.

We normally top our group.

Quote from: Mouth link=
We havent underachieved in recent years, we havent achieved for decades, fucking DECADES! When we did achieve it was only the once and on home soil.

Achieving once and on home soil is better than achieving at all (which applies to most European nations.)

Liverpool havent underachieved in recent years, we havent won the league granted, but we have won everything else, thats not underachieving, its fucking more than everyone else in the league has done besides Man U.

Likewise we have done more than everyone else in Europe besides Germany, Italy, France and Spain.

Oh great the Newcastle argument, having lots of fans and a high gate does not a big club make. Winning trophies on a consistent basis, being continually successful over a number of years in a number of competitions makes you a big club, by that definition, England are a fucking non league club that fluked an FA cup back in the 1930's

No we would the bottom club in the top 4 (but still a top 4 club.)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: October 13, 2011, 09:01:48 pm »
England have won a major Championship once. They've got to a final once. Same as Greece and Denmark. Spain, Italy, Argentina, Brazil, Italy, France, Czech Republic/Czechoslovakia, Uruguay, Holland, Germany have all won/reached the finals/semi finals more times than England throughout history. England won it once in 1966, reached a semi in 1990 and 1996. Is that seriously the performance of a top nation?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline What's the procedure Mr Mod?

• A custom title is the bit that may appear around about here...and believe me, you've got off lightly! Likes a bit of Bottom.
  • Kopite
  • #Lucasisboss
« Reply #182 on: October 13, 2011, 09:06:29 pm »
I couldn't give a shite.  :D
Twitter me: https://twitter.com/#!/BenLetcher

Justice for the 96 - you'll never walk alone.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: October 13, 2011, 09:09:46 pm »
England have won a major Championship once. They've got to a final once. Same as Greece and Denmark. Spain, Italy, Argentina, Brazil, Italy, France, Czech Republic/Czechoslovakia, Uruguay, Holland, Germany have all won/reached the finals/semi finals more times than England throughout history. England won it once in 1966, reached a semi in 1990 and 1996. Is that seriously the performance of a top nation?

Your reflecting our chances based on teams decades ago? What does Uruguay winning 2 World Cups in the 1940s have on our chances of winning the Euros? Seriously.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: October 13, 2011, 09:11:58 pm »
Your reflecting our chances based on teams decades ago? What does Uruguay winning 2 World Cups in the 1940s have on our chances of winning the Euros? Seriously.

I haven't reflected upon your chances this coming summer. I asked whether that record is one befitting a top nation or one of the big boys of international football?

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: October 13, 2011, 09:14:50 pm »
I haven't reflected upon your chances this coming summer. I asked whether that record is one befitting a top nation or one of the big boys of international football?

I'm not sure, id rather just rate teams on their perspective teams going into the tournament as opposed to their nations teams from say half a century ago who may or may not have won the World Cup, Euros or whatever. :), as to be honest I'm not sure it'll make any difference going into 2012 what nation has won what in the past, obviously different for Spain as recently they've won both major tournaments but others are irrelevant come next summer I reckon.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #186 on: October 13, 2011, 09:15:41 pm »
Did my ears deceive me or did Warnock just say that he hoped 'arry would be Engerland manager and Capello would leave because 'arry would essentially do a better job. Yes Colin, because a tax dodging testicle faced tosspot with 1 major trophy in 30+ years is MUCH better than a guy who has won 9 league titles, a European cup and several other trophies.  ::)
'Arry will fuck things up and it will be epic  :D

• dumbrum
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #187 on: October 13, 2011, 09:17:39 pm »

Before 2008, would you say that Spain were a top nation?

• dumbrum
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #188 on: October 13, 2011, 09:20:11 pm »
Did my ears deceive me or did Warnock just say that he hoped 'arry would be Engerland manager and Capello would leave because 'arry would essentially do a better job. Yes Colin, because a tax dodging testicle faced tosspot with 1 major trophy in 30+ years is MUCH better than a guy who has won 9 league titles, a European cup and several other trophies.  ::)
'Arry will fuck things up and it will be epic  :D

You can't compare trophies won when Capello has been in charge of much bigger clubs and therefore has had a much greater chance of success.

I hope Harry will be England manager because he is the best English manager available and I believe that the England manager should be English.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: October 13, 2011, 09:25:16 pm »
I'm not sure, id rather just rate teams on their perspective teams going into the tournament as opposed to their nations teams from say half a century ago who may or may not have won the World Cup, Euros or whatever. :), as to be honest I'm not sure it'll make any difference going into 2012 what nation has won what in the past, obviously different for Spain as recently they've won both major tournaments but others are irrelevant come next summer I reckon.

It was a response to what Pride-Of-The-Midlands was saying. I didn't mention them in relation to Euro 2012. If you read back over the past couple of pages, you'll see. Saying that, historically, England don't perform well in these tournaments and there's not much to suggest that things will be different this time around. With say Spain, they had world class players, a good manager, a way of playing and a system and a togetherness in 2008 and they had been building towards it. With Greece, they had a savvy manager in Rehhagel and a defensive system which worked for them. I don't see anything different in this England side than there was previously. The manager doesn't seem to know the best way to play, the players still seem like a collection of individuals and they have in past tournaments failed to perform to the standards expected of them from their country. It could work of course, they could magically click and win the damn thing. But the evidence so far suggests that's very unlikely.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: October 13, 2011, 09:26:08 pm »
Before 2008, would you say that Spain were a top nation?

No. So do you think England are?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 09:35:16 pm by Hazell »

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: October 13, 2011, 09:32:46 pm »
Regardless what Capello has done previously his England mismanagement has been shockingly bad.
I'd take any of the premiership managers over him now, it would be hard to do any worst if you were trying to sabotage the team.

You would take Colin Wanker, Alex McLeish, Steve Bruce, Roberto Martinez, Alan Pardew, Tony Pulis, Mick McCarthy, Paul Lambert, Owen Coyle, Brendem Rogers, Steve Kean, Roy Hodgson, Martin Jol, and David Moyes over Fabio Capello? Well then you deserve everything you get.

I have intentionally left out Redknapp from that list because I imagine that 90% of the morons who support the national side would rather have him over Fabio Capello. You know the fella with 4 Serie A titles, 2 La Ligas to his name, a European Cup and a boat load of other awards.

I mean that is alright like but does it match winning an FA Cup?

He has qualified you for the World Cup and the European Championships and has a win percentage of 65.
He has a small pool of talent at his disposal, and what is there fail to perform for their national sides under anyone.
You were simply beaten by a far better side in Germany in 2010.

'Shockingly bad', behave yourself.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: October 13, 2011, 09:35:36 pm »
It's definitely unlikely, but wouldn't say were so shite that we should be wrote off before we've even kicked a ball in the proper tournament, I'm sure other top teams won't be doing this, so why should we do just that to ourselves? A team consisting of the amount of very good players we have can always challenge, missing Rooney for 3 games will be a bit of a blow but the squad as a whole should have enough to get through the groups then it's a straight 90 minute game, and as I've already stated I wouldn't write us completely off against anyone considering the players we can put out

It was a response to what Pride-Of-The-Midlands was saying. I didn't mention them in relation to Euro 2012. If you read back over the past couple of pages, you'll see. Saying that, historically, England don't perform well in these tournaments and there's not much to suggest that things will be different this time around. With say Spain, they had world class players, a good manager, a way of playing and a system and a togetherness in 2008 and they had been building towards it. With Greece, they had a savvy manager in Rehhagel and a defensive system which worked for them. I don't see anything different in this England side than there was previously. The manager doesn't seem to know the best way to play, the players still seem like a collection of individuals and they have in past tournaments failed to perform to the standards expected of them from their country. It could work of course, they could magically click and win the damn thing. But the evidence so far suggests that's very unlikely.

Offline Aristotle

• is a bugger for the bottle. Apache tool wielder extraordinaire - especially in wardrobes. The 'Oral B' Specialist.....brushes his cavities vigorously outdoors.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Happiness depends upon ourselves
« Reply #193 on: October 13, 2011, 09:43:46 pm »
You can't compare trophies won when Capello has been in charge of much bigger clubs and therefore has had a much greater chance of success.

I hope Harry will be England manager because he is the best English manager available and I believe that the England manager should be English.

You mean like when he won the Serie A with Roma, for only the 3rd time in the club's history and it's first title in 18 years? Where he obviously had the superior squad to everyone in the league.

It's not like Milan had players like Maldini, Costacurta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Boban, Bierhoff et al or Juventus for that matter. They had terrible players like Ferrara, Conte, Pippo Inzhagi, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Zidane, Tacchinardi, Edgar Davids, Zambrotta, Van der Saar. Who can forget the steaming pile of shit that Inter served up. Cordoba, Zanetti, Blanc, Seedorf, Recoba, Vieri, Sükür and that fatty Ronaldo I mean what's he ever done? Lazio were lucky to get 3rd serving up second tier players like Lopez, Salas, Crespo, Nesta, Mihajlovic, Simone, Nedved, Stankovic, Veron and Ravanelli.

I mean fucking Bolton would've walked the league with abysmal squads like that as "competition". 'Arry would never  have lost 3 games that season scoring only 2 goals on average per game whilst averaging less than 1 conceded. How anyone can suggest Capello is a half-decent manager after a season like that has to be clinically insane!

Fabio Capello. You know the fella with 4 Serie A titles, 2 La Ligas to his name, a European Cup and a boat load of other awards.

Not that it matters much, it's actually 5 Serie A titles, 7 if you include the Calciopoli ones with Juve. Still that's 7(or 9) more league titles than Redknapp
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 09:49:06 pm by Aristotle »
My twitter
If Harry can get Spurs to the CL 1/4 final then he could get England to the World Cup final.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: October 13, 2011, 09:44:43 pm »
It's definitely unlikely, but wouldn't say were so shite that we should be wrote off before we've even kicked a ball in the proper tournament, I'm sure other top teams won't be doing this, so why should we do just that to ourselves? A team consisting of the amount of very good players we have can always challenge, missing Rooney for 3 games will be a bit of a blow but the squad as a whole should have enough to get through the groups then it's a straight 90 minute game, and as I've already stated I wouldn't write us completely off against anyone considering the players we can put out

But that's the same thing that's been said for years now and England haven't got close to reaching the final. So why is different this time around?

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: October 13, 2011, 09:51:58 pm »
But that's the same thing that's been said for years now and England haven't got close to reaching the final. So why is different this time around?

It's not really different mate, yet again we have an outside chance, like we have every tournament, outside chance...

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: October 13, 2011, 09:53:39 pm »
It's not really different mate, yet again we have an outside chance, like we have every tournament, outside chance...

Hi mate, looks like we're having the same discussion in 2 threads so we'll just continue it here if that's ok.

What you say can be applied to just about any other nation. If that's true, then I agree with you.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: October 13, 2011, 09:56:14 pm »
Hi mate, looks like we're having the same discussion in 2 threads so we'll just continue it here if that's ok.

What you say can be applied to just about any other nation. If that's true, then I agree with you.

Yeah I can't keep up with this 2 thread thing ;D, it can be I suppose, but I'd say our outside chance is slightly above the likes of Sweden etc.. Purely based on our players having a better chance against the top teams over 90 minutes, all about opinions I suppose and whilst I see where you are coming from, I simply fail to believe England don't have a chance of winning the Euros!

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: October 13, 2011, 10:08:10 pm »
Yeah I can't keep up with this 2 thread thing ;D, it can be I suppose, but I'd say our outside chance is slightly above the likes of Sweden etc.. Purely based on our players having a better chance against the top teams over 90 minutes, all about opinions I suppose and whilst I see where you are coming from, I simply fail to believe England don't have a chance of winning the Euros!

Fair enough. It's just that having the best players thing is oft repeated and it never comes true. I actually agree that England have some fine players so the question is why can't they perform at major tournaments. I think it's a combination of a number factors - it's about the best team, not simply the best players, there needs to a successful be a structure and a system that England employ but I can't see that there is, is there too much pressure on them from fans and the media? Are they used to playing tournament football from a young age? And are the players actually that good? To my mind, it's a combination of all of these plus possibly some others to varying degrees.

And you do have an outside chance. But the last time you played France, they thoroughly outplayed you. Italy look pretty good as do Sweden and Russia. Spain, Germany and Holland have proved in recent years they're better. And IMO Countries like Denmark, the Czech Republic and Portugal or Bosnia would give you a tough game.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #199 on: October 13, 2011, 10:17:59 pm »
Theres me thinking he mightve gone with a 6 page thread on the subject

And your all just waffling about how shit England are!!

Oh well, as good a topic as any. Ferdinand is finished and Jones will be horribly exposed.. discuss
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp