Author Topic: Queen's Park Rangers  (Read 38738 times)

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
Queen's Park Rangers
« on: June 9, 2011, 12:25:52 pm »

LOFTUS ROAD

Official Web Site: www.qpr.co.uk
Unofficial Web Sites:QPR Mad & QPR Report

Address: South Africa Road, London, W12 7PA
Telephone No: 020 8743 0262
Ticket Office: 08444 777 007
Capacity: 19,100
Away end: 2,500

Fixtures

Directions & Parking
For a street map of the area & the ground CLICK HERE

By Road
At the end of the M40, take the A40 towards Central London. At the point where the A40 becomes the A40(M), turn off onto the A40 towards White City/Shepherds Bush and turn right into Wood Lane, turn right into South Africa Road for the ground.

There is not much in the way of parking near to the ground. Matt Garside from Southampton suggests; 'It's probably easiest to just park on the road in this area as it costs £6.60 for three hours parking'. Some of these areas are free after 5pm. However, there are a number of restricted parking zones around the stadium so be careful where you park.

Andreas Iona adds; 'South Africa Road running past the stadium, closes to traffic one hour before kick-off on all matchdays. The Police enforce the road closure which remains in place until approximately 15 minutes after kick-off. At the end of the game a similar closure is implemented 15 minutes before the end of the game and lasts for approximately one hour. Supporters are advised to avoid parking in the few pay and display bays available in Dorando Close as they face a long wait to get out at the end of the game due to the above closure'.

By Rail
The nearest tube station is White City on the Central Line, which is about a five minute walk away. Also nearby (a little further along Wood Lane opposite the BBC Television Centre) is the recently opened Wood Lane Station, which is on the Hammersmith & City line. It is around a seven minute walk away from Loftus Road.

Otherwise there are two other tube stations close by; Shepherds Bush Market on the Hammersmith & City line and Shepherds Bush on the Central Line. The former is about a ten minute walk away from the ground, whilst the other is about 15 minutes. Personally I tend to use Shepherds Bush Market tube station, simply because there seems to be more pubs around this area, especially around Shepherds Bush Green. Leaving both Shepherds Bush tube stations; turn right and the ground will come into view further down on the right. Please note that Queens Park tube station is nowhere near the ground!

The nearest train station is Shepherds Bush, which is adjacent to the tube station. However, it is not directly served by any of the major London mainline stations. However trains from Watford Junction and Clapham Junction both stop there.

Away Fans
Away fans are situated in the upper tier of the School End, where around 1,800 fans can be accommodated. If demand requires it then the lower tier can also be allocated, increasing the number of places available to about 2,500. If the away club only takes the upper tier allocation, then the lower tier is allocated to home supporters. Alan Griffiths a visiting Barnsley fan informs me; 'the entrance for away fans to the School End upper tier is now longer in South Africa Road, but on the opposite side of the ground in Ellerslie Road (turnstile block 2).'

Pub Guide and extras
The Springbok pub near to the ground, which has been used by away fans for many years now, is now under new management and has been converted into a Home Fans only pub. On matchdays they have bouncers on the door checking matchday tickets. Around Shepherds Bush Green is O'Neills and Walkabout which are both okay for away fans. To find Shepherds Bush Green; exit Shepherds Bush Market Underground Station (the Hammersmith & City line station), turn left out of the station and the green is a short way down the road on the right. Diagonally across Shepherds Bush Green opposite the Central line entrance to Shepherds Bush Underground Station, is a retail complex called Vue, which upstairs includes a Wetherspoons outlet. Otherwise alcohol is available in the away end.
Inside the ground there is the usual array of food available including; Cheesburgers (£3.30), Burgers (£3), Chicken Burgers (£3), Heta Hot Dogs (£3.20), Pukka Pies (£2.80) and Chips (£1.60). Alcohol is available in the form of Carlsberg, Magners & Tetleys (all £3.50) plus red or white wine (£3.70).

Stadium Plan

« Last Edit: December 6, 2012, 01:49:01 am by Frank. »
87:13

Offline so kop end lad

• Legacy Fan
Re: Queen's Park Rangers
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 07:59:48 am »
I was listening to 5 live Saturday evening while dozing on the sofa and they said away fans classed in Cat A are charged £72. shocking!!

I rang my mate who listens regularly to make sure I heard right and he confirmed it.

Wonder how many will sack this one off?

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 08:51:15 am »
I was listening to 5 live Saturday evening while dozing on the sofa and they said away fans classed in Cat A are charged £72. shocking!!

I rang my mate who listens regularly to make sure I heard right and he confirmed it.

Wonder how many will sack this one off?
Quite a few i'd imagine, reckon (hope) they'll be a few on a exchange though  ;)

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 09:10:47 pm »
If ever there was a time for an awy boycott, then this is the one.  Unfortunately, it won't happen.  Would love to go to this but I'm not paying £72.

Offline redpirate

• Say hello to my little brain.....Be quick though, it's shrinking quicker than a polar ice cap.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 07:29:06 am »
But don't the away fans have to pay the same as home fans? And I don't think the home fans pay £72 for a ticket, so don't see how they can charge that much.

Offline MomoWasBoss

• customer tit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 01:07:11 pm »
But don't the away fans have to pay the same as home fans? And I don't think the home fans pay £72 for a ticket, so don't see how they can charge that much.

I think the R's fans do pay something similar to that, unfortunately.
We've got the best midfield in the world...

Offline Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 03:04:58 pm »
Looks like QPR are changing their price structure, although top price tickets for cartegory A are £70 hopefully away fans wont get charged that

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/TicketNews/0,,10373~2429399,00.html

Offline rafa forever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 11:03:15 am »
Young adult - £60. Sound that.
Trade count +17

Through the thick and thin.

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 11:21:32 am »
Young adult - £60. Sound that.
I think young adult will be £45-£50 and adults will be £50-£55 going by the stadium plan and pricing structure:

Category A    Platinum    Gold    Silver    Bronze

Adult           £70.00    £55.00    £50.00    £45.00

Junior U16    £35.00    £25.00    £22.00    £20.00
Kids U8*      n/a           n/a           Free      Free
Senior Over 60 £60.00    £50.00    £45.00    £40.00
Disabled**    n/a    £50.00    £45.00    £40.00
Young Adult 16-21    £60.00    £50.00    £45.00    £40.00

Offline RedRich84

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • SOS 7033
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 01:42:52 pm »
So then, where's everyone headed for this one pre-game? :hally

Offline Stevo79

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 05:38:41 pm »
So then, where's everyone headed for this one pre-game? :hally

From the above it looks like either O'Neills or Walkabout are the best options.

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 07:18:50 pm »
From the above it looks like either O'Neills or Walkabout are the best options.
The walkabout flies the flag of the away team playing so pretty safe bet thats for Liverpool fans
+6 ticket exchange

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 01:34:25 pm »
A few of us will be in the Walkabout from 530ish

Offline Pendzo

• Kopite
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2012, 01:41:05 pm »
A few of us will be in the Walkabout from 530ish

Me and my mate will be heading there too i think, see you all in there  :D

Offline stststst

• Anny Roader
  • We won it 5 times..
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2012, 03:07:42 pm »
where abouts is the walkabout everyones meeting at?

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 03:10:37 pm »
where abouts is the walkabout everyones meeting at?
Shepherds Bush Green

Offline stststst

• Anny Roader
  • We won it 5 times..
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 03:31:43 pm »
Ta mate

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA