Author Topic: Jordan Henderson  (Read 426579 times)

Offline myrlas

• Powered by YaMH (Yet another Mister Happy)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: @myrlas
Re: Jordan Henderson
« Reply #280 on: March 10, 2012, 05:45:00 pm »
The difference between Lucas and Henderson - and this is a massive difference - is that Lucas always are looking at the right pass given the situation. He's always been like that. Henderson is just looking for a pass. To get the ball going.
"Football is simple, you're either on time, or you're too late. If you're too late then you have to leave earlier." Johan Cruyff

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: March 10, 2012, 05:48:30 pm »
People are hilariously fickle.

I said he was a nothing player in the Summer when we went in for him and told people they would be in for a shock when they'd see him play. And I got destroyed for it.

Im negative yes. Realistic yes. Fickle? No,

Jordan Henderson is performing pretty much to the exact expectations I had of him. Offers absolutely next to nothing bar running.

He's got as many assists as Raul Meireles has for us this season in the league and just one extra goal.

He patently hides during games, has been taken off early on a number of occasions as he does his routine disapearing act and had zero to no impact for us all year.

Terrible, awful, but sadly predictable.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: March 10, 2012, 05:48:51 pm »
David Ngog: a young, French striker adapting to a new environment and expectations, signed by Rafa Benitez as an investment in Liverpool's future.

Garbriel Paletta : a young, Argentine defender adapting to a new environment and new expectations signed by Rafa Benitez as an investment in Liverpool's future.

Not every player works out (actually we impatient with Ngog as well, all things considered) but the point is that we should be giving our younger players the opportunity to play and make mistakes and improve. If we don't do that and write them off immediately then it's a sad state of affairs and it's useless having a youth system. Henderson, like any other player, has his strengths and weaknesses but there's little discussion of that or what he could do to improve.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: March 10, 2012, 05:49:26 pm »
Still got a lot of faith in this lad, just desperately want to see him starting playing in the middle of the park on a regular basis.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline AisoD

• Anny Roader
  • On my best behaviour. Honest.
« Reply #284 on: March 10, 2012, 05:49:52 pm »
I like him. I really do. But noway should he be playing as much as he has done. On the wings too.

I do however agree Henderson was a pointless signing. This summer we needed signings that will have an instant impact because CL was the utmost importance, not a signing that would mature much later.

We have prioritised nurturing Henderson at the expense of CL football and that could eventually end up being pointless as the lack of CL means we'll eventually end up becoming a feeder club, thus selling him to a better team when they come calling. Our transfer policy was really stupid in the summer.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: March 10, 2012, 05:50:21 pm »
The difference between Lucas and Henderson - and this is a massive difference - is that Lucas always are looking at the right pass given the situation. He's always been like that. Henderson is just looking for a pass. To get the ball going.

The differene is that Lucas had 3 of the best midfielders that have ever played for Liverpool in their respective positions in front of him. He looked crap because, in comparison, he was.

This guy has noone ahead of him. He's playing week in, week out. He's looked awfuly average all term. He's keeping other players out of the team for God knows what reason. He hides. He has no balls.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: March 10, 2012, 05:51:05 pm »
His passing lacks so much authority. It's all very meek and timid.

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: March 10, 2012, 05:51:59 pm »

actually that's untrue. There is not a lot of  difference between Lucas and Henderson, both can do the "simple" things nicely. However, the point is Henderson has not been brought for the defensive midfielder. He does not have the best positional logic and lack the attacking skills needed to perform at the bigger stage.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: March 10, 2012, 05:52:14 pm »
The differene is that Lucas had 3 of the best midfielders that have ever played for Liverpool in their respective positions in front of him. He looked crap because, in comparison, he was.

This guy has noone ahead of him. He's playing week in, week out. He's looked awfuly average all term. He's keeping other players out of the team for God knows what reason. He hides. He has no balls.

Think that's fucking harsh on the lad. What do you base that on? He doesn't shit out of tackles, he doesn't run away from the ball, he's always taking it. Fine, he's not creative with it as his feet but that's because for most of the season he's been shoved on the right side and we havent had a fucking clue how to play with him in the team. Call him average if you want but think it's well over the top to say he has no balls. Think he needs some more confidence in his play to add to his intelligent movement.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #289 on: March 10, 2012, 05:53:58 pm »
For the love of God stop playing him on the right wing! He has not got the attributes to be a winger, too many times he is seen to be jogging into the box when the opposite winger is about to cross, he should be busting a bollock to get in at the far post, these are the fundamentals of wing play, him failing to do this leaves us with only 2 players in the box which is extreamely easy to defend against.

Good player, just needs to take more risks and stop playing the 'safe' ball, its almost like he analysis hes performances and is just content with not giving the ball away.

Im keeping the faith though...

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: March 10, 2012, 05:55:23 pm »
If they was an award for the pointless signing of the summer transfer window - then us signing  Henderson for 13m-16m + add on's(20m) would win it hands down.

Just not stepping up for me and I sorry but he won't do a lucus(not many will).

Play him rm or cm it makes no difference.

Is this the same Lucas you were happy to sell a year ago and called a 'Championship' player?

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #291 on: March 10, 2012, 05:57:22 pm »
Henderson should play in the middle. No way that Charlie Adam should displace him from the middle.

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: March 10, 2012, 05:58:53 pm »
Think that's fucking harsh on the lad. What do you base that on? He doesn't shit out of tackles, he doesn't run away from the ball, he's always taking it. Fine, he's not creative with it as his feet but that's because for most of the season he's been shoved on the right side and we havent had a fucking clue how to play with him in the team. Call him average if you want but think it's well over the top to say he has no balls. Think he needs some more confidence in his play to add to his intelligent movement.

He has absolutely no balls, Im sorry. Its not even a debate in my mind. That;s his biggest weakness.

He gets in a postion to shoot and doesnt shoot. He gets the ball and has the chance to do something creative and he doesnt. He gets the ball and can try to be proactive but prefers giving the responsabilty to someone else.

He's been absolutely fucking anonymous in a huge percentage of the games we've played in this season. He never tries to do something clever, something out of the ordinary. While Jonjo Shelvey will try to lob the keeper, shoot on goal, try something special- Henderson's fearful of doing anything clever.

That's not even mentionning his fear of tackling. Some people on here said Raul Meireles a shithouse but Henderson makes him look like Jimmy Case in comparison.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: March 10, 2012, 06:00:10 pm »
Not every player works out (actually we impatient with Ngog as well, all things considered) but the point is that we should be giving our younger players the opportunity to play and make mistakes and improve. If we don't do that and write them off immediately then it's a sad state of affairs and it's useless having a youth system. Henderson, like any other player, has his strengths and weaknesses but there's little discussion of that or what he could do to improve.

I do think he will be a decent player, i just don't think he will ever be one of the best players in his position like Lucas is.

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: March 10, 2012, 06:00:34 pm »
I think the biggest issue with Jordan Henderson is how on earth is he starting regularly by really being consistently average.

And add to the fact, there can be some more deserved players like Maxi who should start ahead of him. And even Shevley could have been should have been given the opportunity.

He has got enough chances from Kenny just for one reason which is hopefully justifying his price tag, but sadly more matches he players, the more he looks like he should not be starting ahead of those players mentioned.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #295 on: March 10, 2012, 06:00:35 pm »
Henderson is not and never will be a right sided midfielder. All of those that are going way over the top in criticising him need to have a think about that. As far as i'm concerned the question needs asking as to whether we're getting the best out of the players at our disposal - including Henderson, and if the answer to that question is 'no' (which I feel it is) then the questions need directing at the management.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: March 10, 2012, 06:00:39 pm »
David Ngog: a young, French striker adapting to a new environment and expectations, signed by Rafa Benitez as an investment in Liverpool's future.

Garbriel Paletta : a young, Argentine defender adapting to a new environment and new expectations signed by Rafa Benitez as an investment in Liverpool's future.

I'm not saying Jordan Henderson will be as good as Lucas, or as successful a signing as Lucas came to be.
If you cannot tell that my argument is not 'because Lucas was criticised in the beginning but proved folk wrong, all players who are criticised in the beginning will become world class talent', then I don't know what I can do for you.

My argument is that we haven't learned our lesson from the treatment and expectations placed on young players who are put into the starting XI, the whole culture of our treatment of these sort of signings is so wrong.
Give them time, encouragement, look at their progress with a view to the long term and if it doesn't work out the worst we have done is wished him the best. Expecting it all, getting less than we wanted, slating him, and then expecting things to change, makes no sense.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: March 10, 2012, 06:02:03 pm »
I'm not saying Jordan Henderson will be as good as Lucas, or as successful a signing as Lucas came to be.
If you cannot tell that my argument is not 'because Lucas was criticised in the beginning but proved folk wrong, all players who are criticised in the beginning will become world class talent'.
My argument is that we haven't learned our lesson from the treatment and expectations placed on young players who are put into the starting XI, the whole culture of our treatment of these sort of signings is so wrong.

Give them time, encouragement, look at their progress with a view to the long term and if it doesn't work out the worst we have done is wished him the best. Expecting it all, getting less than we wanted, slating him, and then expecting things to change, makes no sense.

Ok fair enough can't argue with that, the same should apply for all players regardless of age though should it not?

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: March 10, 2012, 06:02:06 pm »
IMO, Hendo is a good player who is improving, I'm just not so sure what his best position is?
YNWA

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #299 on: March 10, 2012, 06:03:59 pm »

Good post.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #300 on: March 10, 2012, 06:04:05 pm »
STOP playing him on the right. Its been blindingly obvious for the best part of 5 months that he cant play there very well.

Time to stop moving him around to accommodate Adam.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: March 10, 2012, 06:05:03 pm »
Is this the same Lucas you were happy to sell a year ago and called a 'Championship' player?

Henderson is shocking mate. Don't care how young.

The Hensonson v Lucas situation is totally different.

It's funny how you have your favourites all the time.

So tell us what you really think - do you think Henderson is good enough for Liverpool? Do you think he ever will be good enough for us? Do you think we paid way too much for him? Do you think he is a shithouse?

Henderson is dirk kuyt without the class or ability. Just runs.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: March 10, 2012, 06:05:13 pm »
Ok fair enough can't argue with that, the same should apply for all players regardless of age though should it not?

Yes, but especially young players who have so much promise but are not flying as yet.
Charlie Adam is as good as he will get, and I can understand the frustration with him, Jordan Henderson has years of improvement ahead of him.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: March 10, 2012, 06:05:17 pm »
I do think he will be a decent player, i just don't think he will ever be one of the best players in his position like Lucas is.

That's not the point, which is what many seem to be missing. It's the fact that he's being written off already by many people, who are not even considering what attributes he has and how we can best utilise them. Instead it's EXACTLY how it was with Lucas and I fear for any young player coming into the side when he'll be written off by many virtually immediately when he doesn't consistently give a great performances week in week out. Heck, just reading this thread over the last few pages is depressing, and that's not because we lost or Henderson didn't play all that well.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: March 10, 2012, 06:05:23 pm »

Why even both with him mate, I doubt he has much of an opinion with his client adam's performance today and hell most of the season.

My honest henderson is being misused as a winger when he blatently isn't but then the problem is he doesn't dominate a game in midfield either but can recycle the ball well. I personally wouldn't have thought henderson was a piority in the summer along with adam but would have strengthened the deeper midfield area we blatently lack quality bar lucas. It was a moronic decision to say the least to go into the season with one fit top class holder and it has been costing us ever since. We can barely win a defensive header in the air and direct to one of our own let alone win the battle in midfield. Coupled with our passing being laughable when put under pressure makes us look poor in attack.

Henderson has played too many games this season down to the poor squad management and lack of deeper midfield cover in the summer and injuries haven't helped.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: March 10, 2012, 06:06:19 pm »

So tell us what you really think - do you think Henderson is good enough for Liverpool? Do you think he ever will be good enough for us? Do you think we paid way too much for him? Do you think he is a shithouse?

That post is drowning in it's own irony.

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: March 10, 2012, 06:06:36 pm »
And for all this talk about him being a young player "who is improving". You what??

The only excellent performance he's put in this season was against Bolton in August. Since then he's teetered between absolutey awful, to totally anonymous, to not bad, to ok then back again.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: March 10, 2012, 06:08:49 pm »
That's not the point, which is what many seem to be missing. It's the fact that he's being written off already by many people, who are not even considering what attributes he has and how we can best utilise them. Instead it's EXACTLY how it was with Lucas and I fear for any young player coming into the side when he'll be written off by many virtually immediately when he doesn't consistently give a great performances week in week out. Heck, just reading this thread over the last few pages is depressing, and that's not because we lost or Henderson didn't play all that well.

His written off based on his performances, the same way people have written off Adam even though he has contributed just as much as Henderson and is only in the 2nd season of premier league football himself. The point of using Ngog and Paletta as examples is that just because Lucas made it doesn't mean every young player who starts off shit will, some are just not good enough from the start, personally depending on our aspirations i don't see Henderson as a first team player anytime soon.

Offline new-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: March 10, 2012, 06:10:26 pm »

Fordy in another "I can't judge player potential for shit" shocker.
http://redsacrossthepond.blogspot.com/

My LFC blog. If you read it, please leave me any feedback regardless of whether it is critical or complimentary.

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: March 10, 2012, 06:10:53 pm »
His written off based on his performances, the same way people have written off Adam even though he has contributed just as much as Henderson and is only in the 2nd season of premier league football himself. The point of using Ngog and Paletta as examples is that just because Lucas made it doesn't mean every young player who starts off shit will, some are just not good enough from the start, personally depending on our aspirations i don't see Henderson as a first team player anytime soon.

Jordan Henderson does not come close to the contribution that Charlie Adam has made this season. Adam blows him out of the water.

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #310 on: March 10, 2012, 06:11:24 pm »
Henderson should play in the middle. No way that Charlie Adam should displace him from the middle.

Henderson has so much potential and do believe he will be a good player in a couple of years, he should not be playing as much as he does as the moment though. Adam is nowhere near good if to be in the middle of the park every week for us either, the options we have are average and the injury to lucas is killing us
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline myrlas