Author Topic: New West Coast Mainline train timetable for Liverpool from December  (Read 874 times)

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I don't know why I'm surprised given that the wholly inept Grant Shapps is at the helm, but the new train timetable from December on the West Coast Mainline is not a good read for anyone who travels up to matches from/via Trent Valley stations (i.e. Rugby through to Rugeley).

Checking journeys on fastjp.com it looks like Avanti trains from Euston to/from Liverpool will no longer be calling at Stafford.  Journey times back from Liverpool to Trent Valley stations on the morning after a mid-week game look to be increased by about 35 minutes, and even more at some times at weekends.

It looks like I'm going to be driving in future.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2022, 03:15:16 am by MKB »

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: New West Coast Mainline train timetable for Liverpool from December
« Reply #1 on: September 2, 2022, 03:22:21 am »
Apparently from December most AWC Liverpool trains will run non stop Crewe-Milton Keynes, the AWC Chester/North Wales trains will call at Stafford instead

Stafford-Liverpool will still have LNWR trains calling, just not direct AWC trains
#Sausages

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: September 2, 2022, 09:13:41 am »
Yes, that's correct.  The London North Western trains stay at the post-pandemic level of one per hour rather than reverting to two, and connection times in either Crewe or Stafford are far worse.  Typical journey times home on a Saturday for me are going up from 1hr 47 to 2 hr 27.  I can drive it in less, and I don't have to get to Lime Street first.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2022, 09:24:12 am by MKB »

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3 on: September 3, 2022, 06:28:59 am »
Yeah, LNWR staying at one an hour, but with the same capacity as 2 an hour, as most of the time, LNWR trains are strengthened to 8 car, were with 2 an hour it was 4 car sets. The only annoyance is, if an LNWR Liverpool service is cancelled, it's an extra half hour wait.
#Sausages