Author Topic: Sadness  (Read 5034 times)

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
Sadness
« on: April 12, 2004, 05:34:43 pm »
On a sad day when he players in the red shirts could have been described as giving a feeble lack-lustre performance perhaps the most pathetic performance at Anfield lay away from the playing staff.

A Newcastle fan approached the staff in Liverworld to get the words "Justice for the 96" printed on the back of his Newcastle shirt. Ironically, in the week of the date that marks the fifteenth anniversary of the disaster, the staff at Liverworld told the Newcastle fan that they could not do it because the top had not been bought there.

It may have been appropriate at this stage for somebody to point out that they don't stock Newcastle shirts at Liverworld.

Luckily enough somebody took the opportunity to point out the HJC shop and Gerry has made arrangement to have the lettering printed on the back of the shirt.

Well done Liverpool FC, own goals all around.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 10:09:24 pm by Rushian »
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Tim-Cross

• The Banner's 5th Beatle - And a Tit (by order of Reeves and ChrisR)
  • Legacy Fan
  • beware of big birds.
Re: Sadness
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 05:36:58 pm »
FFS

That sums up the club at the moment.
"Well, Liverpool haven't done much for a very long time but they can still remember.  And last night, they remembered, and the force of their memories was strong enough to bring the past to life"

Offline Bren1892

• Badge Queen - Goes in through the window and lands in the kitchen
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Got fed up with Liverlady.....
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 05:38:21 pm »
That is diabolical
YNWA
JFT96

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 05:39:10 pm »
Typical football club...sod the fans it's all for profit. Good for the HJC though

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 05:40:40 pm »
 >:( :(

No surprise in this...
RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline Steven Gerrard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 05:46:55 pm »
the sad thing is im no longer surprised with things like this happening its just a sad indictment of where the club is at this moment in time  >:( :'(
They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time

Offline Litherland_Leon

• OOT Feedback Tourist #1
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2004, 05:50:48 pm »
ffs theres more to life then just lining their fucking pockets

:upyours L.F.C.

Pheeny

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 07:59:38 pm »
Fucking Terrible that is.

Offline Dan_L

• WANTED: For crimes against Carpets & Curtains
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2004, 08:01:28 pm »
Well done Liverpool FC, a disgrace again.

Offline Missus

• South coast Sally
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2004, 08:04:27 pm »
Well done HJC Shop and Gerry. Shows what can be done, if there is a will

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2004, 08:06:47 pm »
Awful, typical LFC.

Very suprised because I have seen shirts of other clubs being done in the shop in town on more than one occasion, there's no need to not do it - they are still making their money.

Offline sir roger

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2004, 08:44:32 pm »
another tut tut by us again. is anybody prepared to do something about this never ending shit from the minions who seem to have a hold on the commercial side of stuff, just like the ****** ticketing office, anbody want to launch a *******revolution?
justice for the 96

Offline AdamL

• Queenie's testicles, as seen in the Echo
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forever in our shadow
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2004, 08:52:29 pm »
fuckin disgrace that. absolute fuckin disgrace!
Momo Is Boss

Offline Murf

• RAWK Wino
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Bob Paisley 10 years gone but not forgotten
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2004, 08:55:29 pm »
On another sad note and i'm taking my time because of ale,I go the supporters club Lower Breck Road,talked to the doorman,and the secretary,about the collections next home game
Sorry but we dont or wont have a collection here because we have split reasons they dont want to go into.
They have a shrine donated by an Irish branch I just thought
I could have left a bucket with the lads,at the door
any way,Robbie was going to ask,or send a letter for permission.Please delete this if i'm getting wound up,because wont be going in there again :-X
never forget the 96....... justice   www.contrast.org/hillsborough

NO GAME ON APRIL THE 15th please write to

Rick Parry
Chief Executive
Liverpool Football Club
Anfield Road
Liverpool
L4 0TH

Offline Redbrummy

• Legacy Fan
  • Olivia Katie Rose 22/8/08
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2004, 09:14:59 pm »
On another sad note and i'm taking my time because of ale,I go the supporters club Lower Breck Road,talked to the doorman,and the secretary,about the collections next home game
Sorry but we dont or wont have a collection here because we have split reasons they dont want to go into.
They have a shrine donated by an Irish branch I just thought
I could have left a bucket with the lads,at the door
any way,Robbie was going to ask,or send a letter for permission.Please delete this if i'm getting wound up,because wont be going in there again :-X

Thats terrible john :(...I been on beer too,,so im not commenting on much tonight :wave

Offline IrishRed

• Driven but can't drive...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2004, 09:32:48 pm »
Liverpool's attiutude frustrates the hell out of me.

i used to tut and shake my head at comments that criticised the club and the like - 'only out for the money'  'don't care bout the fans' = i used to think it was a load of rubbish.

going to the games and getting to know other Reds and their opinons (cheers RAWK) has let me see firsthand how 'close' the affinity between club & fans is.

plc, cash cow, profit drivers are the buzz words

i can only dream of what days of old following the Reds was like.  when titles victories and european achievements were buzz words rather than the coroporate types.

i can only imagine (and shudder) at the hurt the more senior Reds must feel at the change in our club - both on and off the pitch.

yes times change, must move with the times - i agree with all that.  but are we going to be left with a souless club that is a million miles away from the fans?

i want success for the club and know that money makes that easier to achieve (appartently) - i would my money in, pts, memberships, credit cards, merchandise etc etc but it can't be all one way.

Liverpool has to act now before its too late (or is it already?)

not letting a fan get Justice for the 96 on his shirt is a disgrace.  is that how much LFC really think of normal people?   'gadly print a name and a number or whatever provided you part with your £40 or whatever in here for the honour.'  does LFC forget our history and our fans?  surely that policy could have been waived for this occasion?  a lovely gesture by the newcastle fan in first place - a shame he had to witness first hand how detached our club is from the fans and the fight for Justice.

glad the fan got pointed in the direction of HJC - a place of real people, normal everyday folk who aren't afraid of coming into contact with me or you, not afraid to answer a couple of questions, people who are genuinely pleased to chat and not only interested in contents of your wallet.

on the pitch LFC have hurt me, this time they have hurt me off it.

JUSTICE
LFC SHOULD NEVER PLAY ON THE 15TH APRIL, NOT THIS YEAR, NEXT YEAR OR ANY OTHER YEAR

Justice

Offline hampsy

• Kopite
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2004, 09:56:35 pm »
And they say Education begins at home! Chances are this is not an isolated incident, and others may have been turned away - for various requests concerning Hillsborough - only to be left feeling puzzled or disgusted.

Fully aware of the time and work that HJC volunteers already do, perhaps HJC could take a short (and to the fkin point) letter into Liverworld to point out their 'oversight', enclosing leaflets to be distributed amongst staff (not that they're ALL as thick as shit), and requesting that anyone making enquiries regarding Hillsborough be treated with the respect they deserve, as well as pointing them in the direction of the HJC shop.

....and if anyone can explain to LFC that if it weren't for the supporters there wouldn't be an LFC............no, sorry, you can't expect fkin miracles..

Offline Millsee

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2004, 09:58:36 pm »
I can't imagine for a second that a Shop employee would have "you can't have anything to do with hillsborough" written into their contract.

That lad would hardly have been sacked for doing it.

So I think ..erm.. less to do with the club, more to do with the employee?

Not sure. If it was me, and I didn't have it in my contract, I would have done it. No-one watches what I do of every minute like?!

Offline IrishRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2004, 10:54:02 pm »
no, but they prob have set guidelines what they do and what they don't.

i'm assuming their stance is that they will not print on any garment that has not been purchased from Liverworld.  they could of course use the excuse/reason that this is incase any damage is caused to garmentetc with real reason being they want the extra cash for the garment as well as printing.

you can put the spotlight on the employee but i have a feeling that the employee was only following what guidelines had been set down by the club.

still a disgrace no matter who decided it.
LFC SHOULD NEVER PLAY ON THE 15TH APRIL, NOT THIS YEAR, NEXT YEAR OR ANY OTHER YEAR

Justice

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2004, 10:55:52 pm »
To be honest I'm not sure, my immediate reaction was to wonder what would have happened if it was Liverpool fan who had bought the shirt in Liverworld had made the same request. I'm not 100% sure that Liverworld would have done it.

Maybe it is me and my constant nagging suspicions of everything LFC of matters to do with Hillsborough, but I can't help but think this is typical of everything I believe is in the clubs intentions regarding Hillsborough, The "let's put it behind us and get on with things" attitude that apears to run through the club like the word Blackpool runs through a stick of rock.

If we don't mention it, it'll go away.

Frank, much as I agree with your sentiments, I cannot help but believe that any letter presented to the club on behalf of the HJC will be met with the type of ambivelance that every other approach has received in recent years. Perhaps a more fitting approach would be if fans rather than organisations made their feelings known to the chief executive.
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline MANXREDMAN

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2004, 11:29:06 pm »
why oh why?
The club is rotten at the top end and has been since since just after Hillsborough. I am afraid the friendliness has been exchanged for pure greed attitude and a sheer lack of professionalism.  This has only come about since L.F.C have become upmarket and done away with the working class fan because they aren't rich enough. We are on a slippy slope to mediocrity and this just confirms it.
Fill the ground with 100% fans from working class backgrounds and the common sense comes naturally. Half fill it with the well off and it soon filters through to core of the club and you get division. Get real Liverpool before the real fans become too disenchanted with nonsense like this. 
There was no harm to be done by asking for a shirt like that to be made up. Shame on the club for denying an innocent request. Big own goal yet again!

Offline IrishRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2004, 12:02:27 am »
John - know what you're saying regarding maybe more of an impact from individuals than the HJC itself.

i for one, WILL be sending off a letter.

much has happened in recent times that has lead me to question the club's antics but this is just a kick in the teeth for those who work tirelessly for the HJC.

i cannot believe the club wish to brush Hillsborough under the carpet - that type of attitude is a disgrace.

obviously the Memorial is held each year but what does LFC do for those who have suffered as a result of Hillsborough?

does the club still have the community relations officer?

Justice

Offline steer

• Grampa
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2004, 08:53:58 am »
absolutely disgusting. 

great gesture by the geordie though. 

Offline Super Dupa Gianni De Niro

• Between 28 and 47? Apply within.
  • Kopite
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2004, 02:26:29 pm »
As I've always said 'Geordies' best fans in the land!

The Slime At LFC Sod You!! :upyours :upyours :wanker :wanker

Offline Mike 88

• Main Stander
  • European champions 2005 F.A cup winners 2006
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2004, 09:40:37 pm »
It's a joke! when i took a Liverpool shirt there they printed on it. A great gesture from the gordie though
We are the champions
champions of Europe