Author Topic: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)  (Read 1000096 times)

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: Welcome Darwin Núñez !!!
« Reply #7160 on: March 16, 2023, 04:52:29 pm »
Maybe people should look at Nunez's first season at Benfica. He struggled a bit at first and was played on the left until he bedded in.

For me the plan is pretty clear. Diaz on the left, Nunez as a 9, Gakpo in behind and Mo on the right. There are two reasons why that isn't happening at the moment the first is obvious Diaz is injured. The second issue is that we don't have the athleticism and quality to play a double pivot behind Gakpo.

Hopefully, that gets addressed in the summer with Bellingham +1.

Until then we need someone on the left with pace until Diaz is fit. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #7161 on: March 16, 2023, 04:58:03 pm »
Maybe people should look at Nunez's first season at Benfica. He struggled a bit at first and was played on the left until he bedded in.

For me the plan is pretty clear. Diaz on the left, Nunez as a 9, Gakpo in behind and Mo on the right. There are two reasons why that isn't happening at the moment the first is obvious Diaz is injured. The second issue is that we don't have the athleticism and quality to play a double pivot behind Gakpo.

But where would someone like Mason Mount fit into that? It would make sense in terms of using Gakpo/Elliott/Carvalho or Jones for that AM position. Then for the double pivot you'd have, say, Bellingham, Nunes, Bajcetic, Thiago and Fabinho/Henderson.

You still don't know if that is the plan though. We used Thiago as an AM at Brighton for example, so there's a lot of trial and error as well.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7162 on: March 16, 2023, 04:59:54 pm »
For me the plan is pretty clear. Diaz on the left, Nunez as a 9, Gakpo in behind and Mo on the right.

That's not what you were saying when we bought Gakpo.  You were saying that we bought him after seeing he could do a job centrally at the World Cup and the plan was always to play him through the middle with Nunez on the left.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7163 on: March 16, 2023, 05:36:08 pm »
That's not what you were saying when we bought Gakpo.  You were saying that we bought him after seeing he could do a job centrally at the World Cup and the plan was always to play him through the middle with Nunez on the left.

No I said we were playing Nunez on the left because we need pace in that position. For me Diaz has that left attacker role nailed down. Gakpo simply doesn't have the pace to play as a wide attacker for us. I see him as a false 9 or a Lallana style 10/am

Nunez on the left is like Origi playing there. He gets that role because of his pace.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7164 on: March 16, 2023, 06:07:22 pm »
No I said we were playing Nunez on the left because we need pace in that position. For me Diaz has that left attacker role nailed down. Gakpo simply doesn't have the pace to play as a wide attacker for us. I see him as a false 9 or a Lallana style 10/am

Nunez on the left is like Origi playing there. He gets that role because of his pace.

Yeah I think its no doubt we look to make him our central player for next season.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7165 on: March 16, 2023, 06:34:57 pm »

We essentially did that last night and Nunez was still on the wing. Even Jota is seen more of a striker than he is. It's plausible that we might shift to a 4-2-3-1 next season, but it's not ideal if Nunez is on the wing whenever Diaz is missing.

But yeah, I don't like that we're playing him in a position that seems uncomfortable just for his pace. It's a waste of his talents to treat him like Dan James.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 06:37:26 pm by Clint Eastwood »

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7166 on: March 16, 2023, 06:40:57 pm »
We essentially did that last night and Nunez was still on the wing. Even Jota is seen more of a striker than he is. It's plausible that we might shift to a 4-2-3-1 next season, but it's not ideal if Nunez is on the wing whenever Diaz is missing.

But yeah, I don't like that we're playing him in a position that seems uncomfortable just for his pace. It's a waste of his talents to treat him like Dan James.

I think for me the sensible thing to do is to move Jota on and bring in a wide player with real pace who can play on either wing.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #7167 on: March 16, 2023, 06:48:01 pm »
I think for me the sensible thing to do is to move Jota on and bring in a wide player with real pace who can play on either wing.
Pace is one thing, I agree, but we've missed Mane's tenacity. We don't have a player like that in the team, a player who can take on a defender, drive the ball forward. We are not creative, not from midfield, not from the front players. All we've been doing is trying to pass it around. I'd like to see a player with similar skills to Mane.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7168 on: March 16, 2023, 11:25:16 pm »
If his opportunity had been converted in the sixth minute in madrid, thing may have been very different.

he is a class act and will do well for us.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7169 on: March 16, 2023, 11:33:43 pm »

That makes a lot of sense. It's hard to judge the system at the moment when it can't function properly due to the lack of appropriate midfielders.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #7170 on: March 18, 2023, 12:35:14 pm »
Pulled out of the Uruguay squad with an injury. Apparently a cut to the ankle from Madrid game. Hopefully nothing too serious and will be fit for City
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7171 on: March 18, 2023, 05:48:15 pm »
Did he sustain the cut on a blade of grass?

:-X

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7172 on: March 20, 2023, 07:32:02 am »
That makes a lot of sense. It's hard to judge the system at the moment when it can't function properly due to the lack of appropriate midfielders.

Any plan that puts 2 players inside of Salah and forces him to do more defensive work is not a good plan. I don’t see how a 4-2-3-1 with Salah on the right of the 3 does anything but make Salah more ineffective and, probably, expose Trent. Ineffective because he’ll be further from goal when he gets it more often. Expose Trent because he’ll need to do more defensive work than he’s ever done for us (no right sided 8 to cover) as he’s increasingly needing to conserve energy given age.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7173 on: March 30, 2023, 05:43:00 pm »

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7174 on: March 31, 2023, 04:52:52 am »
Is Lucho trying to step on his ankle and take him out of the game?  ;D

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7175 on: April 4, 2023, 09:38:54 pm »
Be lovely if we could get the ball to him in dangerous areas

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7176 on: April 4, 2023, 09:40:13 pm »
I seem to remember him being an absolute menace and being, statistically, very dangerous. Remind me, where was he playing when he was like this? I’m sure it can’t have been down the middle, that’d be far too obvious.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #7177 on: April 4, 2023, 09:40:50 pm »
Least he made the keeper work, can't be said about anyone else on the pitch. Never understand his sub, and Jota staying on.

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7178 on: April 4, 2023, 09:40:52 pm »
Our use of him since the World Cup has been outright bizarre.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7179 on: April 4, 2023, 09:41:47 pm »
Shun him out wide.
Feed him scraps of shit.
Substitute him ahead of players stumbling over their legs for 80 minutes.

Peachy.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7180 on: April 4, 2023, 09:44:05 pm »
When he was playing through the middle he was getting in to great positions and was just lacking a bit of composure in his finishing. I’m not sure the move out wide has done him any good.

Online RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7181 on: April 4, 2023, 09:44:38 pm »
Need to play him down the middle. Utterly bizarre that we are shutting him out wide.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7182 on: April 4, 2023, 09:47:22 pm »
Agree with others, why ain't we playing him in the centre?!?! Mind-blowing.

I initially thought we should play Gakpo there but nunez is better in that position
« Last Edit: April 4, 2023, 09:48:53 pm by jonkrux »

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #7183 on: April 4, 2023, 09:48:41 pm »
Play him up top
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7184 on: April 4, 2023, 09:55:10 pm »
I seem to remember him being an absolute menace and being, statistically, very dangerous. Remind me, where was he playing when he was like this? I’m sure it can’t have been down the middle, that’d be far too obvious.

Both positions.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7185 on: April 4, 2023, 09:56:05 pm »

Go figure
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7186 on: April 4, 2023, 09:56:06 pm »
Klopp obviously doesn’t like him down the middle. May aswell get some money back in the summer and buy another left forward.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7187 on: April 4, 2023, 09:57:44 pm »
He was awful. Run forward, dragged it back. Lost it. Repeat.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7188 on: April 4, 2023, 09:58:53 pm »
Klopp obviously doesn’t like him down the middle. May aswell get some money back in the summer and buy another left forward.

Yep been saying this for a while, it's the only obvious reason.  Think while he scored and created through the middle, we lose the control and build up you get with a false 9.

The argument was that with Diaz out we're using him wide for his pace, but then why not keep him there and swap Jota for Gakpo tonight.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7189 on: April 4, 2023, 09:58:53 pm »
We haven’t hardly played him down the middle. He would score for fun.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #7190 on: April 4, 2023, 09:59:05 pm »
Was basically asked to chase balls down the wing and then create something for himself by beating defenders.

Strange tactics.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #7191 on: April 4, 2023, 09:59:24 pm »
If we don't see him through the middle when Diaz comes back we can safely file it under footballs most batshit signing.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #7192 on: April 4, 2023, 09:59:27 pm »

Least he worked the keeper, which is more than any other person in our team did today.

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7193 on: April 4, 2023, 09:59:34 pm »
Has no agility. Not a winger.

Offline fallenhd

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7194 on: April 4, 2023, 09:59:48 pm »

Because he's not a wide player. Why we keep playing him there is beyond me. If Klopp wants a 9.5 as the focal point. We'll be better off playing 4-2-3-1 with Nunez as a 9 and Gakpo/Firmino as a 10.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7195 on: April 4, 2023, 09:59:56 pm »
Makes you wonder why we didn’t just spend the money on another winger. Good player, average winger. Speed isn’t everything.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #7196 on: April 4, 2023, 10:00:11 pm »
Whose decision was it to convert him into a left winger? He isn’t the greatest at running at defenders and his main threat is running in behind and we’re playing him out wide. Fucking bizarre.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7197 on: April 4, 2023, 10:00:18 pm »
Yep been saying this for a while, it's the only obvious reason.  Think while he scored and created through the middle, we lose the control and build up you get with a false 9.

The argument was that with Diaz out we're using him wide for his pace, but then why not keep him there and swap Jota for Gakpo tonight.

I think signing Gakpo and then using him through the middle sealed the deal.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7198 on: April 4, 2023, 10:00:18 pm »
It was bizarre to sign him because i know Klopp had grown to be a fan of the Benzema Firmino types, doesn't really make sense.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7199 on: April 4, 2023, 10:00:47 pm »
Odd signing considering how we want to play.