Author Topic: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...  (Read 850390 times)

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Re: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...
« Reply #13080 on: June 2, 2020, 01:09:18 pm »
'Kinell :lmao

Chelsea want nine subs on the bench

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-fc-premier-league-nine-substitutes-project-restart-a4457006.html?

Yes, but just think of the laughs when Mourinho picks 8 defenders for the bench and doesn't pick any strikers cos he wants to make a point to Daniel Levy.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13081 on: June 2, 2020, 01:17:49 pm »
The argument that to be a true green and gold protester you really shouldn't be buying it from a Man U store. As plenty did.

Ah, I don't pay enough attention to them so didn't get that, but now I know, its a bit like buying our Standards Corrupted shirts from the shop.

She got the green and gold scarf at a game, corporate suite thingy.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #13082 on: June 2, 2020, 01:27:22 pm »
Ah, I don't pay enough attention to them so didn't get that, but now I know, its a bit like buying our Standards Corrupted shirts from the shop.

She got the green and gold scarf at a game, corporate suite thingy.

I just remember having a conversation with a lad in a pub about it and the fact he'd bought it from the shop. Which sort of defeated the point

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13083 on: June 2, 2020, 02:15:18 pm »
to be fair if it’s 5 subs it’s not that mad, think Germany have had more than 7 subs so far? And it means we can give more of the kids gametime as well

You're allowed nine subs on the bench in the Bundesliga. Not a COVID thing though, it's been in place since the start of the season.

But yeah, they've upped the number of subs you're allowed to make from three to five. However, to minimise time wasting, there are only three 'slots' for making those subs in a game.

Be interesting to see if nine subs on the bench becomes popular in the PL. I'd say it mainly benefits rich clubs, who can stock the bench with stars and means squad harmony is easier as there's fewer difficult decisions on who to leave out of the squad on a given matchday. Reckon if it comes in permanently there'd need to be a rule about two of the slots going to Under-21 players or something like that.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13084 on: June 2, 2020, 02:36:21 pm »
I just remember having a conversation with a lad in a pub about it and the fact he'd bought it from the shop. Which sort of defeated the point

Did he have an half an half from our game as well?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #13086 on: June 2, 2020, 05:41:16 pm »
PL clubs can have friendlies against other teams in the build-up to the resumption. Lots of controls and no refs.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13087 on: June 2, 2020, 05:42:12 pm »
You're allowed nine subs on the bench in the Bundesliga. Not a COVID thing though, it's been in place since the start of the season.

But yeah, they've upped the number of subs you're allowed to make from three to five. However, to minimise time wasting, there are only three 'slots' for making those subs in a game.

Be interesting to see if nine subs on the bench becomes popular in the PL. I'd say it mainly benefits rich clubs, who can stock the bench with stars and means squad harmony is easier as there's fewer difficult decisions on who to leave out of the squad on a given matchday. Reckon if it comes in permanently there'd need to be a rule about two of the slots going to Under-21 players or something like that.
not the worst idea that

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #13088 on: June 2, 2020, 05:50:28 pm »
Did he have an half an half from our game as well?

He was from one of the more salubrious' area of Greater Manchester.

I'm not sure he was going when they were crap.

I've mixed with different kinds of Man U fans. I find the worst are the new age fans.

Don't get me wrong, lads who were going in the 80's don't like us, but the modern Man U fan is a different kettle of fish.

« Last Edit: June 2, 2020, 05:52:15 pm by red_Mark1980 »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #13089 on: June 2, 2020, 11:55:01 pm »
Just noticed that Austrian side LASK who had been league leaders before the season was stopped have been docked six points for violating the league's COVID rules after they engaged in full training during a distancing phase when they were supposed to be in smaller groups. RB Salzburg now in first. LASK were also fined €75k

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13090 on: June 3, 2020, 12:06:21 am »
Just noticed that Austrian side LASK who had been league leaders before the season was stopped have been docked six points for violating the league's COVID rules after they engaged in full training during a distancing phase when they were supposed to be in smaller groups. RB Salzburg now in first. LASK were also fined €75k
1st has one round against weaker champions, 2nd has three rounds against non champions, so could well cost them a group stage spot

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #13091 on: June 3, 2020, 12:20:12 pm »
The Scottish league talking about a virtual season ticket for next season so you can watch all games - clubs need to create revenue somehow.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13092 on: June 3, 2020, 12:24:09 pm »
The Scottish league talking about a virtual season ticket for next season so you can watch all games - clubs need to create revenue somehow.

Man City’s owner has already bought 50,000 ‘Virtual’ season tickets...
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13093 on: June 3, 2020, 12:43:37 pm »
He was from one of the more salubrious' area of Greater Manchester.

I'm not sure he was going when they were crap.

I've mixed with different kinds of Man U fans. I find the worst are the new age fans.

Don't get me wrong, lads who were going in the 80's don't like us, but the modern Man U fan is a different kettle of fish.

Yeah my missus doesn't like the modern ones, spoilt cry arses she thinks they are. She started going when they were shit, home and away, so at times finds it quite funny that they are shit again and the modern lot are crying. She doesn't enjoy the footy though, unlike me and our boys ;D

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13094 on: June 3, 2020, 12:56:32 pm »
I don't get the Deeney obsession. If he does or doesn't want to play is absolutely his business and his choice. No problem either way.

But Sky Sports are following him around like he's Ronaldo before the 98 world cup final.

Bizarre.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13095 on: June 3, 2020, 01:49:47 pm »
I don't get the Deeney obsession. If he does or doesn't want to play is absolutely his business and his choice. No problem either way.

But Sky Sports are following him around like he's Ronaldo before the 98 world cup final.

Bizarre.

My employer sent a mail around saying they fully understand peoples anxiety and worry, and when they decide to re-open the office, anyone not comfortable returning to the office is free not to do so - however you won't be paid. Why dont football clubs do the same?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13096 on: June 3, 2020, 01:56:15 pm »

Bizarre.

Your post is the the closest Troy will ever come to being next to Ronaldo.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13097 on: June 3, 2020, 02:06:33 pm »
My employer sent a mail around saying they fully understand peoples anxiety and worry, and when they decide to re-open the office, anyone not comfortable returning to the office is free not to do so - however you won't be paid. Why dont football clubs do the same?

Well people are always saying we should never compare footballing to more "regular" jobs. Maybe they're just better and more special than the rest of us.  ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13098 on: June 3, 2020, 02:15:02 pm »
maybe they are? And besides a Troy Deeney or a Kante are far less easy to replace than someone in a regular job so risking pissing them off by not paying them will make more sense than someone in a regular job they could easily replace

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13099 on: June 3, 2020, 03:06:39 pm »
Your post is the the closest Troy will ever come to being next to Ronaldo.

It’s the only time ‘Deeney’ and ‘fit’ will appear in the same sentence.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13100 on: June 3, 2020, 03:07:27 pm »

Bizarre.

maybe they were confusing him with Fat Ronaldo?

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13101 on: June 3, 2020, 04:05:50 pm »
paul joyce
@_pauljoyce
1197 PL players and club staff tested for COVID-19 in latest round of tests. Of these, one has tested positive from one club.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13102 on: June 3, 2020, 04:10:43 pm »
One too many. Void the season, come back in August.

Offline Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #13103 on: June 3, 2020, 04:30:34 pm »
Spurs apparently.
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13104 on: June 3, 2020, 04:35:45 pm »
paul joyce
@_pauljoyce
1197 PL players and club staff tested for COVID-19 in latest round of tests. Of these, one has tested positive from one club.

Is he sure its just from one club? ;D
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13105 on: June 3, 2020, 04:40:02 pm »
Spurs apparently.

Spurs have confirmed it now

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13106 on: June 3, 2020, 04:43:25 pm »
Spurs have confirmed it now

If it's Harry Kane, we're all fucked.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13107 on: June 3, 2020, 04:44:43 pm »
Well it's not Hugo Lloris as he hasn't caught anything in years.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13108 on: June 3, 2020, 04:45:36 pm »
Well it's not Hugo Lloris as he hasn't caught anything in years.

;D ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #13109 on: June 3, 2020, 04:53:19 pm »
paul joyce
@_pauljoyce
Amazingly low numbers yet again.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #13110 on: June 3, 2020, 05:00:21 pm »

He’s one donut away from exploding and covering the country
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #13111 on: June 3, 2020, 05:03:27 pm »
Amazingly low numbers yet again.

To be fair, there's no need for any of them to have to out to shops and other places

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #13113 on: June 3, 2020, 05:26:12 pm »

It's his belly...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #13114 on: June 3, 2020, 05:56:22 pm »

It wasn’t, however he is claiming it is him.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #13115 on: June 3, 2020, 06:18:29 pm »
Why are sky getting a £200m plus rebate when they’ve passed none of that to customers yet have provided little service?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #13116 on: June 3, 2020, 06:32:30 pm »
That Klopp interview with TAW... it felt like he thought a fixtures release was imminent. When would that have been recorded? Last week on the day it was announced contact training was allowed?

Why the hold up with fixtures being released?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13117 on: June 3, 2020, 07:48:37 pm »
It'll be the usual broadcasters arguing over which games they want and at what time

Online slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13118 on: June 3, 2020, 08:53:46 pm »

Your employer obviously does not understand anxiety because it can be a very serious condition and can really effect your ability to function and focus normally and certainly your ability to do your job. If an employee and i include Troy Deeney or any premiership footballer has anxiety issues that could effect his ability to do is job if he decides to see a GP and gets signed off for anxiety issues related to Covid 19 then he should be paid in full.

Your employer if he fully understands anxiety should know that anxiety effects every one differently and it is debilitating condition for some people and if someone cant come to work because of anxiety then as long as they provide a medical certificate they should be paid in full. Any employer is a massive c*nt if he refuses to pay anyone who is not fit for work. They would be the employment laws that Tory's dream about. That's what Labour and the unions have fought against for the last 50 odd years to give us these protections.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13119 on: June 3, 2020, 10:05:56 pm »
Your employer obviously does not understand anxiety because it can be a very serious condition and can really effect your ability to function and focus normally and certainly your ability to do your job. If an employee and i include Troy Deeney or any premiership footballer has anxiety issues that could effect his ability to do is job if he decides to see a GP and gets signed off for anxiety issues related to Covid 19 then he should be paid in full.

Your employer if he fully understands anxiety should know that anxiety effects every one differently and it is debilitating condition for some people and if someone cant come to work because of anxiety then as long as they provide a medical certificate they should be paid in full. Any employer is a massive c*nt if he refuses to pay anyone who is not fit for work. They would be the employment laws that Tory's dream about. That's what Labour and the unions have fought against for the last 50 odd years to give us these protections.
Hyperbolic nonsense.  There's a difference between an anxiety disorder and simply feeling anxious about a difficult situation, which is clearly what the employer was referring to.

If you're suffering from clinical anxiety you can get signed off and receive full pay for whatever period the employee's contracted terms allow.  The same should not be the case because you're (however sensibly) a bit worried about Covid-19, assuming reasonable precautions have been taken to minimise any risks.

And I include Troy Deeney and any other premiership chancer in that.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.