Author Topic: Liverpool vs Wolves preview - 16:30, Sunday 29 Dec  (Read 24427 times)

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
Re: Liverpool vs Wolves preview - 16:30, Sunday 29 Dec
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2019, 10:56:56 am »
he was poor.

Salah tends to get more selfish the longer a game goes without him scoring.

His finishing was poor and bit he could have been involved in about half a dozen goals! His pass fit Mane's chance in the first minute was exquisite, and he was involved in lots of other clear chances we created.

So I think "poor" is a relative term. He certainly delivered more than Vardy, Maddison it any of the other Leicester players did. Mane was also "poor", as he missed even better opportunities. But e have an incredible front three and the individual performances are less important.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2019, 10:57:26 am »
Why? He should be back Jan 1st and the game against Sheffield is in January, so he could very well be on bench for that game.

He'll be registered on January 1st. Unfortunately Premier League rules state anyone registered on either the 1st or 2nd of Jan cannot play that matchweek. That's why Minamino will also be unavailable.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2019, 11:01:11 am »
He'll be registered on January 1st. Unfortunately Premier League rules state anyone registered on either the 1st or 2nd of Jan cannot play that matchweek. That's why Minamino will also be unavailable.
Not looked, but are the rules not different for loanees than they are for new purchases?

Are they not in effect registered twice and therefore only need "re-activating" by their parent club and that's ultimately who I would expect to see hold the players registration?

Would seem logical, but then again, this is football, so it's probably not that simple!!!
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2019, 11:11:02 am »
Just checked on a few sites and it seems to say that (correct me if I have taken this the wrong way!) where Nat is already registered for us, he should be available immediately for selection after loan recall as he was already a Liverpool player.

The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline jlb

• Anny Roader
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2019, 12:36:10 pm »
Just realised that the teams we are hosting this week have the least away losses in the division apart from us. Wolves have lost just one away match all season, and Sheffield United haven't lost any yet!

Time for both of those runs to come to an end, while hoping Sheffield maintain their record at the Etihad tomorrow. :)

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2019, 12:42:45 pm »
Free hit tomorrow thanks to the city loss and our win against Leicester.

Offline Rojo Junior

• Kemlynite
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2019, 12:48:35 pm »
We'll be fine, just don't give that bodybuilder fella they got up front any time or space on the ball

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2019, 01:26:29 pm »
Same team as against the BS except Gomez for Lovren and Alisson for Adrian.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 01:28:22 pm by Agent99 »

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2019, 01:29:57 pm »
Will be a tough game but we should be too strong for them. Think all four of our goals against them in the PL last season came from crosses and given the way TAA has been hitting them of late he'll be the key to unlocking them when they put numbers behind the ball.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2019, 01:33:29 pm »
No its not to do with wolves game but quick question, anyone know why salah was substituted vs Leicester? Thought he tool chances where passing would have been better in more than one occasion, just not clear if klopp pulled him off because of it
Don't be daft lad. Just because some Liverpool fans are hysterical pussies who turn on their best players just because they don't score with every chance, doesn't mean Klopp is like that.

He will manage his squad and players according to plans and data and algorithms that we are not privy to.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2019, 02:21:44 pm »
Watching a bit of Brighton and Bournemouth and both teams are dead on their feet- most teams aren't used to playing every couple of days.

Wolves surely have to rotate a few players and I think we will with Origi, Milner and maybe Shaqiri and Lallana to start

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2019, 02:58:13 pm »
he was poor.

Salah tends to get more selfish the longer a game goes without him scoring.

He still created chances for us I would not say he was poor, his finishing just needed to be sharper.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2019, 03:06:10 pm »
They will provide a tougher test than Leicester provided and I think they will be in confident mood too.

I think it will be a close game and I think both teams will score, my prediction is 3-2!

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2019, 03:08:11 pm »
He still created chances for us I would not say he was poor, his finishing just needed to be sharper.

Put it this way, opposition teams and fans alike are made up when he doesn't start against them. He has that aura on the pitch, that anything is possible from him, being creating or scoring goals.

The one thing I have noticed however is he has been a bit predictable in shaping up and aiming for the top left corner on too many occasions recently when better options where available. He needs one of these to go in to boost his confidence in that department.

But the fact we are winning either way, his single mindlessly attitude at times hasn't cost us, but I do believe he needs a couple of goals in the League sooner rather than later, just to satisfy himself more than anything else.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2019, 03:11:17 pm »
Salah wasn't poor, he was a threat on the pitch, but managing his minutes along with others is part of the game.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2019, 03:18:04 pm »
18 down. 20 to go.   ;)

You know. I'll say the same of this game, as I say of every other.

3 Points, by any means possible, please.

Just keep getting on getting on. Keep the momentum rolling.

It's gonna take a momentously shit performance by us, a freak goal or decision, or monumental performance from any opposition, to stop this juggernaut from rolling onwards.

Long may it continue.

I fancy another 4-0. if I'm honest.

Either way. Just make sure we get the 3 points.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2019, 03:41:08 pm »
Think Trent can still get a suspension if booked tomorrow.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2019, 04:00:18 pm »
Think Trent can still get a suspension if booked tomorrow.

The rule states that 5 yellows before match week 19 equals a one game ban. After that it resets to 10 yellows for a two game ban. We've only played 18 games, so does it count for us?

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2019, 04:13:19 pm »
Just checked on a few sites and it seems to say that (correct me if I have taken this the wrong way!) where Nat is already registered for us, he should be available immediately for selection after loan recall as he was already a Liverpool player.

Pedro Chirivella says hi!

Offline nozza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2019, 05:28:41 pm »
Wolves fans last game of the season were terrible, cheering every Man City goal. I hope we smash these tomorrow. Anfield should be up for this. Loud as fuck.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2019, 05:35:23 pm »
Nuno will go for this but lucky for us they're going to be shattered from the exertions v. City.  We should win but could be a bit nervy as they do have quality players.

Offline nyrrard

• Anny Roader
  • at the end of the storm there's a Golden sky!
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2019, 05:51:56 pm »
Alisson
TAA - Gomez - VVD - Robbo
Hendo
Lallana - Gini
Shaq - Salah - Origi

Wolves is a good team. Perhaps the new ‘Chelsea’ for the next decade imo.
Idk if it’s possible to predict the starting eleven. I’m not sure if Pedro Chirivella is ready for the nod, but its a option. Would like to see a strong team however, but i am expecting some changes. Might a few to many atm...

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2019, 06:00:22 pm »
Pedro boody Chirvella is not an option for this match, we aren't playing bottom feeders here.

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2019, 06:04:19 pm »
No Sadio . Don't think so.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2019, 06:17:39 pm »
Terrific OP from Classycara. Thanks.

In the Derby Jurgen surprised us all with his team selection. It shouldn't be too much of a surprise this time when several changes are made from the Leicester game. The only sure re-starts (for several reasons) are Alisson, Virgil, Joe Gomez, Gini, Sadio and Bobby.

Whatever team we choose we will have too much for Wolves. They are a fine side, with an excellent skipper, but Anfield should be raw with passion. They are playing the World Champions. The banners will say so. It will all be too much. 
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2019, 06:23:04 pm »
Pedro boody Chirvella is not an option for this match, we aren't playing bottom feeders here.

I was referring to the scenario around loan players being able to play without proper clearance.... (ref to Nat Philips!) not proposing PC plays!

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2019, 06:25:12 pm »
Clobberin' time again.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2019, 06:33:44 pm »
After all this work building up such a lead we can't give City a sniff of hope with a slip up before they play, especially in a home game. Strongest, fittest team and get another 3 points on the board and another game chalked off.

Early goal would be massive against these, get them chasing shadows for an equalizer, and they should tire pretty quickly after last nights game.

Wolves are good, and I like their manager, but reckon we can win this 3-0.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2019, 07:26:18 pm »
The rule states that 5 yellows before match week 19 equals a one game ban. After that it resets to 10 yellows for a two game ban. We've only played 18 games, so does it count for us?

Week mate not games! Week!

We're not in week 19.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2019, 07:31:44 pm »

We're not in week 19.

You nailed this one Fordy, you’re right. We’re in game week 20.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2019, 08:16:47 pm »

We're not in week 19.

It is number of games.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1517900
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 08:22:27 pm by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2019, 08:38:02 pm »
Great rallying call CC.. this team's incredible achievements deserve to be lauded and sung without pause. The triumph is truly under way.
Thanks for the OP, a great read! So many questions...

Minamino will challenge on the smiles front, there will be no new karate kids at least for now, and Joe to have his own Mbappe moment very soon!
Come on Redmen!
Thanks for the op CC, enjoyed that. Chuffed to be going, looking forward to seeing the new badge in and the decade out.
Terrific OP from Classycara. Thanks.
Cheers guys, really glad you enjoyed the read :wave

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2019, 08:54:03 pm »
And the show rolls on. We need to play a high tempo game to stretch a team that must be tired after their exertions against City. We may start with a few fresh faces and bring on the more experienced players if needed.

The key thing is to not allow Wolves any time to settle and to move them all over the pitch.

3 points for us is the only important statistic.
#JFT97

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2019, 09:01:40 pm »
At least one fresh midfielder and forward

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2019, 09:20:22 pm »
Should see lots of rotation I think.  Wolves will either do the same or be totally dead on their feet come the 2nd half. 

Alison
Milner - Gomez - VVD - Robertson
Gini
Keita - Lallana
Ox - Origi - Mane

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2019, 09:21:12 pm »
Should see lots of rotation I think.  Wolves will either do the same or be totally dead on their feet come the 2nd half. 

Alison
Gini
Keita - Lallana
Ox - Origi - Mane
:-\

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2019, 09:30:49 pm »

Alison
Gini
Keita - Lallana
Ox - Origi - Mane

I think Salah is the most likely of the front three to play, given he only had 60 minutes on Thursday.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2019, 09:33:59 pm »
Can't see anything but a 3 point for us.
Believer

Online Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2019, 09:53:17 pm »
We should make them chase for the entire match. We need runners in midfield.

Rest Salah and bring Origi; Lallana for Naby then second half bring them in to run at them some more.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2019, 10:10:32 pm »
It is number of games.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1517900

Bollocks. Trent would already be home and dry if we'd played the West Ham game. I hope Traore doesn't switch flanks now.  ;D